Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Discovered Missing From Home By Non-Custodial Mom - Savannah #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of that. Maybe he has been located, and they're keeping it quiet (doubt it though).

Very strange, especially considering what the passage of time does to evidence, especially when you're talking about a body.

I'm sure there's something we aren't being told.

This statement of doing nothing or searching over the weekend... really upset me.
This just seems totally unacceptable.
This is an innocent child's body.... how can they not.

Mass Guy, I just cannot believe he has been located, and they are keeping it quiet.
WHY? For whatever reason would they gain by hiding this information?

Confession?
I would think that finding the body would bring a confession more quickly.

This issue is really truly bothering me....
Like they are giving up because it is the weekend?

I’m not sure what the police are doing. No weekend searches sounds odd, but with the way they’ve been working this case, I can’t imagine they’re not doing anything at all. And besides processing evidence/waiting for results, I can’t think of anything more important than looking for him. They’ve gotta have something going on, I just wish we knew what it was.

jmo

Just reading up on this, not sure if this was posted.

The home, which is owned by Quinton Simon’s grandparents, was also searched earlier this week, the Savannah Morning News reported. Multiple FBI agents were seen taping dark plastic to the windows Monday.

Ugh, dark plastic on windows means they used luminol to look for 'cleaned up' blood traces? They must have seen something to make them assume he is deceased. :(

This statement of doing nothing or searching over the weekend... really upset me.
This just seems totally unacceptable.
This is an innocent child's body.... how can they not.

Mass Guy, I just cannot believe he has been located, and they are keeping it quiet.
WHY? For whatever reason would they gain by hiding this information?

Confession?
I would think that finding the body would bring a confession more quickly.

This issue is really truly bothering me....
Like they are giving up because it is the weekend?
Maybe they are bringing in some specialized resources or something. There's got to be an explanation that doesn't involve them taking the weekend off, as that's just not how these agencies operate.

Interesting, if he's only <modsnip - please redact minor's name>'s dad, why is he on the child support legal paperwork for both <modsnip> and Quinton?

Long, long ago I worked at Child Support Enforcement, Social Services, in the state where we lived at the time. I did Paternity Establishment for children in the legal custody of the State. Interesting job, trust me.

Likely, Mom applied for benefits for both boys -- TANF & SNAP & CHIP -- and named this person as alleged father for both when she completed the paperwork.

This alleged father either responded to correspondence & signed papers acknowledging paternity, OR did not respond and a court entered a default order declaring him the father. If this went to court, the Mom, the children, and the alleged father(s) each had a court-appointed attorney. (I got to go along to court a few times, interesting.)

There may, or may not, have been DNA testing.

I did this job long before cheek swabs. All three parties had to have blood drawn for DNA testing. You learn quickly that the first one to roll up their sleeve is the one telling the truth.

jmho ymmv lrr

Long, long ago I worked at Child Support Enforcement, Social Services, in the state where we lived at the time. I did Paternity Establishment for children in the legal custody of the State. Interesting job, trust me.

Likely, Mom applied for benefits for both boys -- TANF & SNAP & CHIP -- and named this person as alleged father for both when she completed the paperwork.

This alleged father either responded to correspondence & signed papers acknowledging paternity, OR did not respond and a court entered a default order declaring him the father. If this went to court, the Mom, the children, and the alleged father(s) each had a court-appointed attorney. (I got to go along to court a few times, interesting.)

There may, or may not, have been DNA testing.

I did this job long before cheek swabs. All three parties had to have blood drawn for DNA testing. You learn quickly that the first one to roll up their sleeve is the one telling the truth.

jmho ymmv lrr
BBM
I like this!

They said “no public activity “ which makes me believe they are doing something just not at Billies house or the landfill maybe. But they could have brought the landfill to them…
Yup, I have seen that done too (in past cases). They'll haul all the bags into a covered space and go through it.

Yup, I have seen that done too (in past cases). They'll haul all the bags into a covered space and go through it.
I could see it happening in this case as well. It seems like the telephone game is strong in this town and they don’t want it getting out if they find him. Also I would think it would be easiest to look through a lot of stuff in a more controlled environment. Hopefully they find him this weekend.

Maybe they're waiting for her to check where she left him to see if he is still there. They have to deal with the fact that it's harder to convict without a body. He is tiny and will be very hard to find. MOO
I can't help myself but I keep thinking about "Zanny the Nannie" every time I check on this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member