Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Discovered Missing From Home By Non-Custodial Mom - Savannah #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had she or anybody access to a way to destroy his body? Through incineration or any other means?
Doesn't seem like she had nearly enough time, and I've never seen anything like that in a case like this.

This was chaotic, and rushed. I believe he was tossed in a dumpster and his body wound up at the landfill.

Doesn't seem like she had nearly enough time, and I've never seen anything like that in a case like this.

This was chaotic, and rushed. I believe he was tossed in a dumpster and his body wound up at the landfill.
Against landfill theory is that FBI got there within 3 hrs, probably one off first things they did would be to section off relevant landfill area.. not weeks and hundreds of tons of rubbish to get through, if indeed their own local collectors used for disposal.

Is it a possibility that he was sold?

Taken and hidden by someone else entirely?
Grasping at straws here, as usual.

Against landfill theory is that FBI got there within 3 hrs, probably one off first things they did would be to section off relevant landfill area.. not weeks and hundreds of tons of rubbish to get through, if indeed their own local collectors used for disposal.

You don't sell your kid and then report him missing, setting off a massive investigation. If you do, it would either be found out, or you'd cop to it, as you don't turn something like that into a homicide investigation, with you as a prime suspect.

From what I've seen, cases like this are never that complicated. She did something to him, he died, and she disposed of him and attempted a coverup.

I've seen landfill searches take weeks, sometimes when law enforcement has figured it out quickly.

She likely hasn’t been arrested for the simple reason they haven’t found the body. There is some truth to the saying “no body, no crime.” It is difficult — not impossible, but difficult — to get a murder conviction without a body. There is no statute of limitations on murder, but various clocks start to run once they get that ball rolling by arresting her. That’s why it would be risky to arrest her before finding a body, provided they are confident they won’t lose her and she isn’t a threat to others.

This statement of doing nothing or searching over the weekend... really upset me.
This just seems totally unacceptable.
This is an innocent child's body.... how can they not.

Mass Guy, I just cannot believe he has been located, and they are keeping it quiet.
WHY? For whatever reason would they gain by hiding this information?

Confession?
I would think that finding the body would bring a confession more quickly.

This issue is really truly bothering me....
Like they are giving up because it is the weekend?

I wouldn't assume that they've all gone home and put their feet up. While physical searches may not be happening, behind the scenes searches are most likely going on full steam ahead. Physical searches at this point, have to be evidence based. All the regular places one would look for a child have already been searched. New searches will be based on witness testimony, video findings, lab results, etc. which require hours of effort. That work is most likely going on around the clock.

We also don't know if she left the house at any point,either during the night or after the boyfriend is said to have left for work. She said she was asleep but we know that's unlikely at the very least.
If she left at any point,she could've driven anywhere, and disposed of him in any number of bins, so even if they did realise and take steps to have the refuse trucks taken to specific areas, or know where the trucks in her area were headed, he might not have been in any of the bins in the immediate vicinity.
Poor little guy could be anywhere in the landfill :( .
MOO.

We also don't know if she left the house at any point,either during the night or after the boyfriend is said to have left for work. She said she was asleep but we know that's unlikely at the very least.
If she left at any point,she could've driven anywhere, and disposed of him in any number of bins, so even if they did realise and take steps to have the refuse trucks taken to specific areas, or know where the trucks in her area were headed, he might not have been in any of the bins in the immediate vicinity.
Poor little guy could be anywhere in the landfill :( .
MOO.

I'm sure it's standard operating procedure to secure the dump site so all loads coming in are documented. If this sweet child is in the dump, they will find him.

I'm sure it's standard operating procedure to secure the dump site so all loads coming in are documented. If this sweet child is in the dump, they will find him.
I agree. I have followed several cases where remains have been found in the landfill. I believe garbage trucks are equipped with tracking devices to trace its pickup and dumping locations as well as the times they occured. JMO

Of course, my point was just that without knowing which area she may have placed him in, the search would be harder to co-ordinate, and in the first few hours the focus would have been the bins in her immediate area. JMO

I think MassGuy is right, this was chaotic and rushed (frankly, if she planned this, it’s a first for her - I see no indication in her background of any type of planned or pre-thought behavior, ever) and I believe his body is either in a dumpster, a trash can or in the relatively thick and swampy woods that stretched back from this house. I also fear it’s too late now to do an intense sweep of those woods. Too many days have elapsed without enough brute manpower. Needed a couple thousand soldiers from Bragg to come about five days ago and walk a few miles arm-to-arm through that, but that didn’t come to fruition, regrettably. If she went out the back and walked and disposed of him in the woods, very real possibility his remains are never found now.

MOD NOTE:

We welcome new members to Websleuths to discuss this troubling case.

PLEASE review the WS rules we ALL agreed to when we joined.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/forums/the-rules.159/

The Terms of Service are intentionally strict as WS is the gold standard of true crime discussion websites, and we all work hard to keep it that way.

Here are a few of the key rules:

- Post only facts, and that must be linked to the source of those facts.
- If it can’t be linked, it can’t be posted. That includes any pictures.
- Approved links are from mainstream media (MSM) or law enforcement (LE) statements.
- The ONLY social media links links permitted are those from MSM, LE, the victim, or the OFFICIAL missing page if there is one established. REDDIT IS SOCIAL MEDIA, anonymous, nothing verified.
- NO public comments from ANY source are allowed as they cannot be verified.

- Random blogs, twitter accounts and youtube channels are not allowed. If you think a Youtube channel has something to offer, ask for approval BEFORE, don't just post it and hope for the best.

PLEASE use the Report button at the bottom of any post if you come upon a post that is questionable regarding Websleuths’ TOS.

Any chance L went to McDonalds if/when she left the house that morning?
That is the trash area/dumpster that I would be checking.
Nervous, having a smoke, thinking, texting, maybe coffee.
We have seen it happen multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member