Found Deceased GA - Quinton Simon - Discovered Missing From Home By Non-Custodial Mom - Savannah #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just cannot for the life of me imagine a situation where if my grandson was missing, presumed dead, while being searched for in a landfill, that I would be able to function as a human being, much less go out to eat (or drink) in public, period, and especially with the person suspected of being responsible for his death. Moo

So is Gma a suspect that we can discuss?
We can discuss what is in msm and our opinions about it.
Afaik, it's not sleuthing to observe and comment about the articles by msm reporters , regarding what they saw.
It's opinion and speculation.
What's of concern to me at the moment -- is if LS is charged with murder and convicted, and this goes to trial and some jury looks at LS and thinks she's young and had a bad childhood and therefore deserves a light sentence.
We have seen other perps get away with a lighter sentence before this.
Just want justice for Quinton.
M00.

So is Gma a suspect that we can discuss?
I'm more concerned with Quinton's mom being out partying than what the grandmother is doing. That's beyond the pale.

No one is accusing the grandmother of murdering her grandson, but there was absolutely a failure here considering she had sole custody, and he was living with the woman who is suspected of killing him.

I really can't figure out how six people actually decided they wanted to go knock back shots with these two????

Casey Anthony has boyfriends-- the men don't care about her past- probably makes her more attractive to some of them: she is living a great life- it all worked out for her- so I am not surprised that a bunch of men are knocking shots with these two

I have felt that no matter the grandma’s past that she was not there when Quinton died but try as I might, I just don’t understand going out drinking with her daughter. I can understand getting drunk but not out at a party place drinking with the person accused of this horrific crime.
I think both Leilani and her mother know it's just a matter of time before they find Quinton and LS is formally arrested and charged. I also think there is a chance LSmom is also charged with something as she had legal custody of Q.

IMO, they went to Tybee as their last hurrah before LS and maybe her mom face both arrests and jail. Why some of their 'friends' joined them is beyond my comprehension.

In no way am I justifying their inappropriate behavior, just trying to understand their motive behind it.

JMO

I just cannot for the life of me imagine a situation where if my grandson was missing, presumed dead, while being searched for in a landfill, that I would be able to function as a human being, much less go out to eat (or drink) in public, period, and especially with the person suspected of being responsible for his death. Moo
I believe that I would be in jail right now for assault.

I think both Leilani and her mother know it's just a matter of time before they find Quinton and LS is formally arrested and charged. I also think there is a chance LSmom is also charged with something as she had legal custody of Q.

IMO, they went to Tybee as their last hurrah before LS and maybe her mom face both arrests and jail. Why some of their 'friends' joined them is beyond my comprehension.

In no way am I justifying their inappropriate behavior, just trying to understand their motive behind it.

JMO
Cocaine is one hell of a drug….. it makes you feel completely numb. I grew up in a dysfunctional family and partying happened every day. It wouldn’t matter if it was a death or a birth.

Casey Anthony has boyfriends-- the men don't care about her past- probably makes her more attractive to some of them: she is living a great life- it all worked out for her- so I am not surprised that a bunch of men are knocking shots with these two
While you make a good point about Casy Anthony, AFAIK, it has only been reported that LS and BJH were with a group of people. I have not heard it said that it was a bunch of men, though it may have been.

<modsnip - not necessary>

Last edited by a moderator:
Dysfunctional, multigenerational addicts/alcoholics, sadly, I’ve seen this type of situation before…. Minus the murder…it’s hard to make sense of such a senseless act… I have to believe they are such bad addicts that they are completely numb and have lost touch with reality…. I pray this family losses custody of the other two children… At least Quinton can finally feel real love in the arms of God, may he Rest In Peace…

We all accept life and death differently. I won't pass judgement on the gma for her actions. She is not a suspect, she is a victim. I don't know anyone who could live in a media fishbowl and not have people criticizing their actions.

As a side note, some people never get over a death, me, I cry in private, not public. But if media follows me constantly, I would probably resort to having a shot to dull the pain. JMO
True we all do grieve differently. But would you ask a waiter for his number, while you were whooping it up in public?

On Tuesday, police and the FBI officially began sifting through a landfill in hopes of finding the remains of missing Savannah toddler Quinton Simon.

That same day, according to witnesses, the child's mother -- the prime suspect in his disappearance and death -- and grandmother were seen getting drunk just a few miles away on Tybee Island.

The host of a popular bar and restaurant told WJCL they were taking shots and being "very loud" just hours after police announced they believe the child was thrown away like trash.

It's awfully hard to get around LS and BJH behavior when you read those sentences together. Sorry but my compassion cup is quickly emptying.

And like it or hate it the DM article was a bit eyebrow-raising too. I noticed this in particular:
  • The family ignored the '2-for-1 Tuesday cocktail special' and ordered expensive, 'top shelf' Patron tequila shots instead, DailyMail.com can reveal
DailyMail.com can also reveal that the mother-daughter-duo spent around three hours at the bar, sitting outside in a large group, downing Patron shots and pestering their server to drink with them.
Others told WSAV that they ran up a $300 bar tab and were flirting with the staff.

Quinton vanished on October 5 and police have named his mother, Leilani Howell, as the primary suspect in his death. They have not arrested her, nor will they say how they think she killed him.

This is the same woman who recently filed for $150 a month in child support from her daughter. Why? Was it to help teach L responsibility? Was it to spite L? It appears IMO that she didn't need that extra $$ too desperately. JMO.
I think there was a lot of spite in that family towards each other. Even between brother and sister. A game of one up manship. They wait for one to stumble and pounce. If one needs help or screws up the others use it to control and belittle them. Then that person wants payback, and the cycle continues. A game of who could hurt who the most and the Police and court system were mere tools. They crave this interaction and would have it no other way. IMO.

I have read time and time again that LE doesn't believe the mom is a flight risk, and they were unable to comment on her where abouts. In my naivety I believed she was under some kind of super secret squirrel surveillance and that is where their confidence was coming from. And now I find out she's at the beach with gm? Drinking shots? This was reported by the local news station WJCL, not some half wit on social media. I understand we all handle stress in different ways, but this is completely beyond me.

I disagree, I would need to be supportive of my daughter, be close, question, why, what. If it took a couple of drinks, maybe it would bring answers? MOO

Not me.

Of course I love my daughter, but she is an adult.

She's given me three grandchildren. If God forbid she murdered any, and I knew that for a fact, I would help in her prosecution. I truly would. The children are helpless. I would never ever cover for her, hang out with her, go for drinks, nothing. I would still have love for her for the child she used to be, but if she killed one of her children, that would separate her from me forever. There's no "why" that she could tell me that would justify her actions.

No last hurrahs with her. What is there to hurrah about when your child/grandchild is decomposing among the town's garbage?

Leilani's children were hostages to that environment. The grandmother is not the suspect but she did in fact leave those babies in a deadly environment. I don't care if she had to work. The babysitter was right there, ready willing and able. Or you call your boss to ask for leave, or you call child services and see if someone could shield those children temporarily until you return from being away for work. Or your husband who also had custody should have protected those kids.

This is abomination upon abomination. A merry little crew kicking back on vacation. Not a care in the world for now.

Jmo

Not me.

Of course I love my daughter, but she is an adult.

She's given me three grandchildren. If God forbid she murdered any, and I knew that for a fact, I would help in her prosecution. I truly would. The children are helpless. I would never ever cover for her, hang out with her, go for drinks, nothing. I would still have love for her for the child she used to be, but if she killed one of her children, that would separate her from me forever. There's no "why" that she could tell me that would justify her actions.

No last hurrahs with her. What is there to hurrah about when your child/grandchild is decomposing among the town's garbage?

Leilani's children were hostages to that environment. The grandmother is not the suspect but she did in fact leave those babies in a deadly environment. I don't care if she had to work. The babysitter was right there, ready willing and able. Or you call your boss to ask for leave, or you call child services and see if someone could shield those children temporarily until you return from being away for work. Or your husband who also had custody should have protected those kids.

This is abomination upon abomination. A merry little crew kicking back on vacation. Not a care in the world for now.

Jmo
Could not agree more Arkay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members