GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can they still go after AS?

I'm not an atty, but I know there is no statute of limitations for murder, so I would assume yes. But I can't imagine something coming up in trial that LE doesn't already know?

Whoa! Andrea Sneiderman has been banned not only from the courtroom, but from the courthouse and any contact with all witnesses. The judge felt she was close to causing a mistrial.

9:05 a.m.: Judge Adams say that after a witness testified on Thursday, she was hugged by Andrea Sneiderman. Adams warns that this is improper. Geary asks that Andrea Sneiderman be barred from the courthouse. He says she greeted the witness outside the courtroom and hold her she was no longer her friend. She also entered a witness room against instructions, he says. Defense joins prosecution's request.

‎9:10 a.m. Judge Adams orders Andrea Sneiderman barred from courtroom and courthouse and orders her not to have any contact with witnesses.

What I find fascinating is this was per the request of the PROSECUTION!

Yeah, it's too bad GE emails are all deleted 30 days after they are put in the trash by the individual user. I was amazed a company like GE couldn't go further back and retrieve those emails. Would have been enlightening, IMO.:sigh:

We've followed other trials where emails and computer searches were retrieved even after they were deleted. I don't know the technical term but IIRC, it's very difficult to delete the history from the hard drive. Putting in the trash folder doesn't delete them from the hard drive.

There has to be a way to retrieve them. I'm surprised it hasn't been done.:waitasec:

I remember when this horrific story broke, many of us wondered about the wife's involvement. IMO, she is a co conspirator and I'm surprised they don't have enough. Hopefully, something will come out of this trial to arrest her. She is something.

http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dunwoody-day-care-shooting-1361243.html

I love the chronological and detailed order of this blog. It's great if you can't watch testimony.

I wonder what 5 hour video the jury will be watching Monday. I assume it's the Hemy interview....

I'm concerned about this jury though. The Judge has had to tell them to be on time (ouch) and then:

"10:35 a.m.: Judge Adams interrupts testimony and tells
the jury to stand to ensure they "remain attentive."

We've followed other trials where emails and computer searches were retrieved even after they were deleted. I don't know the technical term but IIRC, it's very difficult to delete the history from the hard drive. Putting in the trash folder doesn't delete them from the hard drive.

There has to be a way to retrieve them. I'm surprised it hasn't been done.:waitasec:

Exactly. I know you're following the Young case (and maybe Cooper too last year?). They have pulled up a lot of old stuff.

http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dunwoody-day-care-shooting-1361243.html

I love the chronological and detailed order of this blog. It's great if you can't watch testimony.

I wonder what 5 hour video the jury will be watching Monday. I assume it's the Hemy interview....

I'm concerned about this jury though. The Judge has had to tell them to be on time (ouch) and then:

"10:35 a.m.: Judge Adams interrupts testimony and tells
the jury to stand to ensure they "remain attentive."

I think this jury is ready with a verdict. He admits shooting the victim but it's not his fault. Barry White's Voice and Olivia Newton-John's Body Made Him Do It.
:innocent:

I think this jury is ready with a verdict. He admits shooting the victim but it's not his fault. Barry White's Voice and Olivia Newton-John's Body Made Him Do It.
:innocent:

Olivia made me crack up. Very creative!

Seems like it would actually be an interesting case to be a juror - it's moving quickly, there's a "scandal" love affair, the widow gets banned.

At the end of the day, it's a sad situation though since 2 little kids are without a father and a family has lost their son/brother.

Olivia made me crack up. Very creative!

Seems like it would actually be an interesting case to be a juror - it's moving quickly, there's a "scandal" love affair, the widow gets banned.

At the end of the day, it's a sad situation though since 2 little kids are without a father and a family has lost their son/brother.

Maybe "affairs" are no longer scandalous as they once were. It seems every trial when a spouse is murdered, an affair(s) is revealed.

Maybe it will get more interesting when the defense puts on its case. I can't imagine what evidence will be presented to show this guy had an obsession with Barry White and Olivia Newton John.

Very sad indeed for the children and Rusty's family. I have no sympathy for the widow.

Holy cow! I'm watching the testimony being rerun and the ER doc who pronounced Rusty and informed AS of his death dropped a bomb. This guy has been doing this job for 27 years and says AS's lack of emotion was "very unusual to say the least."

Also, that AS's first response was to ask for a child psychologist to tell her kids that their father was dead.

:Eek:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can I ask where you can watch the testimony in an archive? I've been glued to my iPad not wanting to leave the house, and I would love to be able to be more productive during the trial. :innocent:

Can I ask where you can watch the testimony in an archive? I've been glued to my iPad not wanting to leave the house, and I would love to be able to be more productive during the trial. :innocent:

I've been looking for the answer for you SheltieMom. I too would like to see actual video of the trial testimony. I'm involved in another case now and watching it live. However the Young trial in NC does have archived daily video of complete testimony. But I've been waiting for the Young trial since '06 and was hoping I could catch this trial on replay.

No luck of complete testimony video archives, yet, that I can find. If anyone else knows where they could be located, please provide a link for those of us who find it difficult to watch the daily live video. tia.

For now I've found the below links that are the most detailed that I've seen so far.

Just fwiw,
fran

http://dunwoody.patch.com/topics/rusty+sneiderman

Dunwoody Patch, Daily Updates on Hemy Neuman Trial, for Murder of Rusty Sneiderman

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpp/new...ue-in-Hemy-Neuman-Murder-Trial-20120224-am-sd

My Fox Atlanta: Hemy Neuman Trial

live tv coverage of hemy neuman murder trial - Google Search

Google search resulsts for: live tv coverage of hemy neuman murder trial

I'm in the ATL and they are showing it on Comcast channel 211 locally. It is live all day, and then last night they were reairing portions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think people are over-focused on what AS's reactions to all this show. Consider: Let's assume that there was an affair. An unplanned, regrettable time of weakness, perhaps during a difficult time in her marriage, such as happens every single day to people who'd never have thought they would do such a thing. It is wrong, hurtful, deceptive...and it happens all the time.

What's different is the aftermath. Due to the defendant's subsequent actions, AS experienced not only the loss of her husband (the real victim here, but who, alas, is not participating in the aftermath under discussion here), but the loss of her job, her ability to have a job, many of her friends, her home, her community, and large parts of her family. She's had to deal with her children's loss of their father, the life they knew and their home. Her indiscretion, such as it was, has become known in the public sphere and in her private spheres.

The woman is dealing with a gut-wrenching, life-altering ejection from society and life that's simply unimaginable for most of us. Not to mention the guilt...even if she's not culpable, she has to feel responsible in some way.

But even if there was an affair, this outcome is not proportional to the transgression. I don't think there's a manual on how you're supposed to act about this. I don't think it's fair for us to assume that she shouldn't seem angry or she should cry more or she should ... whatever. She's been living this reality for a year, and I don't think most of us would come across as our best selves under those circumstances.

She made a mistake. And if it hadn't been with the "psycho" defendant, it would have been a personal and emotional crisis between her and her husband. Instead, it's...well...it is much much more.

<modsnip>

Out of lurkdom as this one was just too much for me not to address. I've been following this case since the first local news alert of Rusty's shooting on the morning of 11/18/10, and became very uncomfortable with the knowledge of AS's early retention of an attorney coupled with her deafening public silence for the 6 weeks between the murder and the arrest of HN. Being the Southerner that I am, I gave AS the benefit of the doubt and figured that she was working behind the scenes with the authorities...until the initial info about their relationship started trickling out in the weeks following the arrest. Then, and ONLY then, was there a brief written statement issued from AS expressing her "shock" at the arrest of HN who she referred to as a "famiy friend"...the smell factor really started that day, and has steadily grown over the months of further detailed info leading up to trial beginning last week, to reach a full-fledged and overwhelming stench. The stench was only magnified with the news last Fall that the Sneiderman family appeared to have broken all ties with AS, and their declining to address any mention of her name in a lengthy interview published in conjunction with the first anniversary of Rusty's death.

After seeing the absolute arrogance and narcicissm of AS during her own testimony, her reprehensible antics in the Courtroom/Courthouse, and witness after witness solidly impeaching her testimony on things that she should have had no reason to be lying about, I just have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I'm at the point that not only do I think she was complicit in the murder, I now believe that she played HN like a violin to get exactly what she ultimately wanted...out of a marriage she no longer wanted to be in (ostensibly due to Rusty's repeated job losses - right, and I've got a bridge for sale), able to quickly go from well off ($800,000 in the bank pre-murder) to flat out wealthy with the speed she redeemed the $2,000,000 in Rusty's life insurance policies, using the perfect patsy to do the deed for her, which should have left her in what would have been a MOST sympathetic posture for all the world to pity.

My wise old Grandmother had a saying that I think particularly fits AS..."beauty is skin deep, but ugly goes all the way to the bone and the soul can't do anything to hide that ugliness". I have come to the conclusion that AS was not only complicit in Rusty's murder, I now firmly believe that she was fully involved in the planning, commission, and attempted cover-up of the crime. I now agree with many folks in the ATL area that feel she should be charged, and not just with perjury either! It would seem that she's already extended a good length of rope from her own mouth/attitude/actions, now all we can hope is that with the coming evidence adding to that length, that there will be enough for the proverbial noose for AS to have led to her own stint as a guest of the State of Georgia Department of Corrections for many, many years to come.

As always, the above is MOO.

Westie Mom

<modsnip>
Out of lurkdom as this one was just too much for me not to address. I've been following this case since the first local news alert of Rusty's shooting on the morning of 11/18/10, and became very uncomfortable with the knowledge of AS's early retention of an attorney coupled with her deafening public silence for the 6 weeks between the murder and the arrest of HN. Being the Southerner that I am, I gave AS the benefit of the doubt and figured that she was working behind the scenes with the authorities...until the initial info about their relationship started trickling out in the weeks following the arrest. Then, and ONLY then, was there a brief written statement issued from AS expressing her "shock" at the arrest of HN who she referred to as a "famiy friend"...the smell factor really started that day, and has steadily grown over the months of further detailed info leading up to trial beginning last week, to reach a full-fledged and overwhelming stench. The stench was only magnified with the news last Fall that the Sneiderman family appeared to have broken all ties with AS, and their declining to address any mention of her name in a lengthy interview published in conjunction with the first anniversary of Rusty's death.

After seeing the absolute arrogance and narcicissm of AS during her own testimony, her reprehensible antics in the Courtroom/Courthouse, and witness after witness solidly impeaching her testimony on things that she should have had no reason to be lying about, I just have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I'm at the point that not only do I think she was complicit in the murder, I now believe that she played HN like a violin to get exactly what she ultimately wanted...out of a marriage she no longer wanted to be in (ostensibly due to Rusty's repeated job losses - right, and I've got a bridge for sale), able to quickly go from well off ($800,000 in the bank pre-murder) to flat out wealthy with the speed she redeemed the $2,000,000 in Rusty's life insurance policies, using the perfect patsy to do the deed for her, which should have left her in what would have been a MOST sympathetic posture for all the world to pity.

My wise old Grandmother had a saying that I think particularly fits AS..."beauty is skin deep, but ugly goes all the way to the bone and the soul can't do anything to hide that ugliness". I have come to the conclusion that AS was not only complicit in Rusty's murder, I now firmly believe that she was fully involved in the planning, commission, and attempted cover-up of the crime. I now agree with many folks in the ATL area that feel she should be charged, and not just with perjury either! It would seem that she's already extended a good length of rope from her own mouth/attitude/actions, now all we can hope is that with the coming evidence adding to that length, that there will be enough for the proverbial noose for AS to have led to her own stint as a guest of the State of Georgia Department of Corrections for many, many years to come.

As always, the above is MOO.

Westie Mom

Westie Mom, the thanks button wasn't enough. :rocker: You echoed my sentiments very closely. I live in East Cobb, just over the Sandy Springs/Fulton County border, just minutes from Dunwoody. My daughter spent years taking piano lessons in the music shop right next to Dunwoody Prep. Conservative estimate, probably 150 times, I parked in the parking lot where Rusty was murdered. I lived for several years in the same East Cobb neighborhood that Hemy Neuman and his wife and children lived in. I walked my dogs past their house daily. My current neighbors (new neighborhood) worked at GE Power for years. I would not doubt that many of my acquaintances know, or are familiar with Andrea and Rusty, and Hemy and Rely (sp?) although I have never met any of the players myself.

Hence, my overwhelming fascination with this case.

I read every article in the AJC and every blog posting I can get my hands on. I watch the streaming trial feed every minute I can, when life doesn't rudely get in the way. When the testimony is over, I review the live blog to read what I might have missed that day.

My husband is ready to commit or divorce me.

I really have a bad feeling about AS. I, like you, initially gave her the benefit of my doubts, and thought perhaps it was a one-way obsession or maybe a mutual flirtation. But as information has been made public, and testimony of witnesses has demonstrated, I believe there are indications that AS knew what was coming down the tracks and either encouraged it or did nothing to stop it. Her attempts to persuade LE not to investigate HN, leading them "down a rabbit hole" as I believe one detective phrased it lead me to believe she knew exactly who the perpetrator was. And why would she try to assist in avoiding his prosecution...except if she had something to hide, or lose (like her kids). My one point of confusion is Hemy not implicating her in exchange for a lesser sentence. That may be coming in the future, and he might wish to see what the jury makes of his so called insanity before he turns states evidence, or at least approaches the prosecution. On the other hand, he may not have any evidence, beyond his testimony, implicating AS (after all, the prosecution already has all the available emails, surveillance footage, etc.). Or he might really still be hung up on AS, and is being what he considers a gentleman, by taking the fall for this murder. Or, maybe he was just manipulated and it was never a true conspiracy on their parts. She might have given him subtle clues that she would be available if only Rusty wasn't in the picture...and then she comes out $2 million richer without having to actually spend the rest of her life with HN. That may be the mystery that is never solved here.

JUST MY OPINION.

After reading up on the trial thus far, I have to say I am baffled how/why AS has not been charged. The evidence against her is circumstantial but it is significant, especially when you add in the $2,000,000 life insurance policy. I believe charges have been brought in other cases with similar evidence. I honestly am beginning to wonder that if AS were a man, would they have already brought charges? I think so.

Is anybody watching the videotape of the police interrogation of HN this morning? HN was *very* deeply in debt...$440,000 on his house, plus student loans and $77,000 owed on his credit cards. His wife spent money very freely. The motive for the murder is sounding more and more, to me, in part, at least, like it was about collecting insurance proceeds, possibly. JMO

OHAI everyone! :seeya:

Catching up. The quality of the video is as bad as my ex's taste in clothes. Pffft.

I have awesome coffee, and am ready to roll!!! :great:

OHAI everyone! :seeya:

Catching up. The quality of the video is as bad as my ex's taste in clothes. Pffft.

I have awesome coffee, and am ready to roll!!! :great:

Yay! I've been glued to the computer all morning watching and straining to hear. Finally had to use earbuds to get enough volume. I took a break during their lunch break to go to the market and walk the dogs. 'Bout to get on the elliptical with iPad in hand, at least I can watch and listen to the afternoon session while burning calories! :woohoo:

Is anybody watching the videotape of the police interrogation of HN this morning? HN was *very* deeply in debt...$440,000 on his house, plus student loans and $77,000 owed on his credit cards. His wife spent money very freely. The motive for the murder is sounding more and more, to me, in part, at least, like it was about collecting insurance proceeds, possibly. JMO

OK, OK, OK...I know I've had an extremely stressful 11+ hour day at work today with more to come this week, and that's coupled with some really serious family stuff going on simultaneously as well, so I may very well be incapable of grasping some finer points right now. I trust that my fellow Websleuthers will help me out as I try to assimilate the media info from over the weekend with the replay of HN's interrogation I'm watching on WIZ right now.

SheltieMom1, I'm even past some of the stuff we discussed yesterday, leading up to HN interrogation and arrest 1/4/11...the STENCH has now reached a proportion I could never before fathom, and may be bordering on qualifying as biological or chemical weapons material!!! For me the BIG Whopper that I need any and all help with to try and reconcile is this...over this past weekend, AS's attorney did an interview with the AJC (I'll try to post the link in a minute) in which he attempted to paint her as being aware of her potentially being "beaten up on the stand" but that AS just wanted to do ALLLL she can to "help the Prosecution"...y'all reckon???? That bridge of mine is still on the market...

Within what was probably 2 breaths, a paragraph then starts where her attorney goes into all of this claptrap about how AS was completely out of touch with HN in December since she was in "secluson" in Florida, UNTIL an allegedly unsolicited and specifically UNWANTED e-mail shows up from HN with "Just the Way You Are" attached on 12/28/10...does she report this e-mail to ANYONE, much less law enforcement??? - NOPE!! THEN she is supposedly telling friends by 12/30/10 that she is becoming convinced that HN killed Rusty, but has more excuses than Hector has pups as to why she took no steps to report the "unsolicited e-mail", and her becoming "more convinced it's Hemy" as she looks at the sketch to law enforcement until AFTER HN is arrested 1/4/12 and the proverbial poop hits the fan in the ATL media.

My SHOCKER just now came when the detectives and HN start discussing an e-mail that AS allegedly send to HN the night of 1/3/11 - the night BEFORE HN's scheduled 1/4/11 interview/interrorgation with law enforcement...REALLY???...Whiskey Tango Foxtrot????? HOW is that being "out of touch" with HN"??? Do we have a transcript or something about what this e-mail contained??? I would pay $50 to see the thing, since it wasn't fully commented upon on the interrogation tape. I will wager SERIOUS money that the e-mail either yanks HN buy the short ones, or more likely shows her desperation realizing the roof is caving in, telling HN that he just HAS to be stong, keep her uninvolved, and making $$$ and emotional promises...bets??? I ask as apparently AS found herself turning on a spit like a hog at a Bar-B-Q on 1/5/11...PLEASE Santa, give me an early present and let them show THAT interrogation too :)

I'm beginning to think that those of us in the immediate ATL area are going to need thigh-high rubber boots to keep wading through all of AS's nothing less than pure BS until this trial is over!! Lord, please let her stay arrogant and stupid enough to think that she's smarter than ANYONE else in the World...I'll even pay part of the gas expense to transfer her happy butt to the State Women's Correctional Institute. Lord, please also help Rusty's family understand that they need a Family Law attorney RIGHT NOW, THIS VERY MOMENT, who is prepared to file an emergency injunction to get those precious children out of AS's clutches when she is inevitably arrested, and give the presiding Judge in that matter the wisdom to place those children with the Sneiderman family, permanently...Amen.

If I've done this right (absolutely NO guarantee) the link to AS attorney's interview Saturday follows. If I screwed it up, go to the AJC website, and find the article titled "Andrea Sneiderman Attorney: Widow took the stand to "help the prosecution". Y'all know something, my bridge remains for sale and I may need to look at raising the asking price :)

http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/andrea-sneiderman-attorney-widow-1362785.html

Thanks SOOOO much for the updates during the workday...for those of us who can't monitor the trial live, it means so very much more than y'all know!!

As always, the above is MOO,

Westie Mom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members