GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prosecutors notify defense about dropping serious charges against Andrea Sneiderman

Channel 2 Action News has confirmed prosecutors intend to dismiss the three most serious charges against Andrea Sneiderman, including murder.

Multiple sources told Channel 2 Action News prosecutors sent notification to Sneiderman's defense team Tuesday, saying felony murder, malice murder and aggravated assault will be removed from her indictment before the start of jury selection next week.

Read more:

http://m.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/prosecutors-notify-defense-about-dropping-serious-/nY2XM/

Wow -- leaves her with how much time incarcerated, if any? If it is true she was involved, I guess she gets away with it -- she can still enjoy the money and new life with her new beau -- sickening.

If she does go to jail for the lesser charges, wonder what happens to the kids? I guess her parents will get them until she gets out. I really feel for Rusty's family.

I am shocked! And curious to hear what happened behind the scenes. Hopefully they have a strong case for the remaining charges. Rusty's family must be devastated :(

Prosecutors notify defense about dropping serious charges against Andrea Sneiderman

Channel 2 Action News has confirmed prosecutors intend to dismiss the three most serious charges against Andrea Sneiderman, including murder.

Multiple sources told Channel 2 Action News prosecutors sent notification to Sneiderman's defense team Tuesday, saying felony murder, malice murder and aggravated assault will be removed from her indictment before the start of jury selection next week.

Read more:

http://m.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/prosecutors-notify-defense-about-dropping-serious-/nY2XM/

I may have missed it, but does anyone know if they can re-file the murder charges against her again in the future?

I may have missed it, but does anyone know if they can re-file the murder charges against her again in the future?

There's no statute of limitations on murder. My bet is they're going to go with the charges they feel they CAN prove and pray that some day, some way, IF she's actually involved in the murder, proof will come from an unexpected source. After all, it appears the only witness they MAY have to her possible involvement, is Hemy. He's been declared mentally ill, so I doubt a jury would believe him, IF he even were to testify anyway.

I'm sure Rusty's family is devastated over this new development, but there's no sense in going through with the prosecution for murder if even the DA has doubts it will fly with the jury.

JMHO
fran

Maybe this is the State's plan................ HN "recovers" to a point where he is no longer CONSIDERED mentally ill and is willing to testify against AS and then the State can refile the murder charges.

There is no limitation to murder charges being filed if new evidence or new witnesses are found/available.

Maybe this is the State's plan................ HN "recovers" to a point where he is no longer CONSIDERED mentally ill and is willing to testify against AS and then the State can refile the murder charges.

There is no limitation to murder charges being filed if new evidence or new witnesses are found/available.

I wouldn't expect to see him testify as long as he has an appeal pending. jmo

I wouldn't expect to see him testify as long as he has an appeal pending. jmo

It has occurred to me that the State may offer a deal to HN in this regard to go after AS. After some time in the 'big house' and as I stated earlier some rehabilitation of HN's "illness" maybe the state may feel confident in going to trial with the murder charges.

Think AS's euphoria may be short lived if this is the case and her knowing this sword could drop in the future.

Get away with murder, and walk away with 2 million dollars!

If they can't prove it they shouldn't charge it (unless and until they can). If the DA's office doesn't have the caliber of evidence necessary for a murder conviction, we can't be angry at them for looking upon the evidence realistically and not wasting time on impossible charges.

I agree that the state should preserve its options for possible future prosecution. Get her for what you can now, keep building the case and if necessary prosecute her 10 years from now, or if/when HN loses his appeal and might be willing to testify. It is just so galling to see this arrogant woman thinking she is going to get away with what was essentially murder for hire.

If they can not prove it, than what is the point in going to trial? It makes no sense.

I agree. I have always thought the case against AS was very weak. Never made any sense to me why they charged her with murder.

The big question: Will Hemy testify against Andrea???

I'm hoping the murder charges are dropped and re-filed once Hemy comes around and is willing to tell all. Not a bad thing to wait until they have plenty of evidence to convict her craziness. imo

Well, this is new. Wonder what the smoking gun is? :confused:

My bet is the witness they're going to discuss on Friday is that woman who talked to Hemy and he told her a lot about he and Andrea. I believe there's some discussion about it being hear-say.

JMHO
fran

Sources: Murder charges against Andrea Sneiderman dropped

DEKALB COUNTY, GA (CBS ATLANTA) -
CBS Atlanta News has learned that DeKalb County District Attorney Robert James plans to drop the murder charges against Andrea Sneiderman

....................... snip ..........................

There's a gag order in the case so the DA's office said they had no comment on anything. However, sources told CBS Atlanta News Sneiderman's attorneys unveiled some new evidence and that was enough to drop the murder counts.

more at link ............. http://www.cbsatlanta.com/story/22920819/murder-charges-against-andrea-sneiderman-dropped

Haven't followed this case, but I wondered what kind of evidence the state had on her...Sounds like maybe they don't have the evidence?

On a side note, I doubt very strongly that RS would have ever imagined or wanted the money he left his wife and children to go to attorneys fees. And of course, that is exactly what is happening. There wont be a dime left for his children by the time this is all said and done. Most people who buy life insurance do so with the intention that their family will be taken care of in their death.

I think AS may have known this was a possibility with HN and planted not just seeds, but an entire plant of what life could be like for the two of them if RS was out of the picture. Shame on her. Personally, I find her unlikeable, however if the State does not have sold proof that she helped plan the murder of her husband, they need to move on. There are children that are being adversely affected. JMV

I wonder if anyone (body language expert or someone) has ever studied Hemy's reactions to things Andrea testified to in his trial. I know I've seen a few reactions from him that made me wonder what she was saying to get that reaction from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth