GUILTY GA - Rusty Sneiderman shot to death at Dunwoody preschool, 18 Nov 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have the link for the entire news conference the defense gave? I missed it.
TIA

11 alive had a link for it -- but now it is the incident at a school which is live -- can't find on croakerqueen -- I missed it too!

Thanks Scarlett for the Welcome..!

As far as going to HR, who knows how that plays out, she was actually advised against in by her lawyer friend who took that stand. Maybe a good idea maybe not if you think you can handle it yourself, or if you really want to keep your job and advance upward. No matter what people say there is most likely a good chance it will hurt you down the line somewhere if you are looking forward to a long future with a certain company, especially a big and successful one like GE.

Why though should any women have to deal with that?

I also didn't understand how the anonymous filing in HR works. How long can something like that remain anonymous. You would think all the facts are going to have to come out at sometime if a real resolution is going to take place.

Welcome to WS JohnieNite

Rsbm

Did the lawyer friend actually testify to that? I'm asking because I wasn't able to watch the whole trial.

Ok.

So you're being harassed by your boss and feel you can't tell anyone. Let's leave out the emails where she clearly responds positively to the attention.

Your husband is gunned down. You suspect it was your crazy boss who is obsessed with you.

I don't know about you but if that was me, I would be very clear to the police about Hemy. I would not have deleted any texts and emails between me and him that could point to him. I would want everything for the police. I would not dance around Hemy's name. I would not call and text the boss several times on the day of his murder. I would cut off contact and alert the police right away.

Uh uh. It's not flying with me.

I also want to add that IF, and only IF she didn't go to HR for fear of what would happen, I personally find that to be a bunch of BS. It is 2013, even back in 2010, harassment is taken very seriously. If it were 30 years ago, I may change my opinion.

I worked for a very prestigious company. In about my 10th yr, I was harassed sexually. He was not my manager, but a different manager. He thought he was being cute, and joking. I'm not going to go into to details, but suffice it to say, I reported it. It was handled in a professional manner. My reporting it was never held against me. I'm still there for 22 yrs.

So to me, the not reporting it excuse doesn't fly, ESPECIALLY with a company like GE. It also doesn't fly with me that she sent him hundreds of pictures of her kids, and all the other things she did. :twocents:

Ok.

So you're being harassed by your boss and feel you can't tell anyone. Let's leave out the emails where she clearly responds positively to the attention.

Your husband is gunned down. You suspect it was your crazy boss who is obsessed with you.

I don't know about you but if that was me, I would be very clear to the police about Hemy. I would not have deleted any texts and emails between me and him that could point to him. I would want everything for the police. I would not dance around Hemy's name. I would not call and text the boss several times on the day of his murder. I would cut off contact and alert the police right away.

Uh uh. It's not flying with me.

Exactamundo! :gavel:

I also want to add that IF, and only IF she didn't go to HR for fear of what would happen, I personally find that to be a bunch of BS. It is 2013, even back in 2010, harassment is taken very seriously. If it were 30 years ago, I may change my opinion.

I worked for a very prestigious company. In about my 10th yr, I was harassed sexually. He was not my manager, but a different manager. He thought he was being cute, and joking. I'm not going to go into to details, but suffice it to say, I reported it. It was handled in a professional manner. My reporting it was never held against me. I'm still there 22 yrs later.

So to me, the not reporting it excuse doesn't fly, ESPECIALLY with a company like GE. It also doesn't fly with me that she sent him hundreds of pictures of her kids, and all the other things she did. :twocents:
Im glad that it went well for you but every day it does not for other women.

Look at all these women in the Filner's office and surrounding him... No one came forth until now, Why?? FEAR.

I am not saying it as an absolute, but why someone would not report it can be because of many different reasons and some of it could be fear in this day and age also.

The times don't always change every thing every where.

Thanks Scarlett for the Welcome..!

As far as going to HR, who knows how that plays out, she was actually advised against in by her lawyer friend who took that stand. Maybe a good idea maybe not if you think you can handle it yourself, or if you really want to keep your job and advance upward. No matter what people say there is most likely a good chance it will hurt you down the line somewhere if you are looking forward to a long future with a certain company, especially a big and successful one like GE.Why though should any women have to deal with that?

I also didn't understand how the anonymous filing in HR works. How long can something like that remain anonymous. You would think all the facts are going to have to come out at sometime if a real resolution is going to take place.

:welcome:

Sorry, but I don't buy it. I just don't believe that any decent lawyer would tell someone NOT to report harassment of any kind. A decent lawyer would/should know that there are consequences to any retaliation for reporting it. Even if she spoke as a friend, I just don't buy it.

She was a friend who happened to be a lawyer. To me the friend side was simply speaking as just that. A friend.

And that my friends, Is My Opinion!

Oh Good Gosh reading this about Workplace harassment is driving me nuts.

I live in Dunwoody and think I can make a pretty decent case for what is going here. First of all, Dunwoody is small yet exclusive community unlike most here in Atlanta. Read about the Dunwoody Home Owners and Dunwoody Housewives Club here. I wouldn't call myself a redneck but I am a bit different than most here. I moved here because I have a good job here. Anyhow it has almost no fast food restaurants and many exclusive clubs.

I think saying Andrea wasn't at one time having an affair with Hemy is ridiculous. The texts prove it and it corroborates eyewitness accounts. She got a high paying job and is on top of the world and Hemy is showering her like she's a school kid. Andrea's text of shame after the trip say it all. She realized that divorce wasn't an option. Especially in her circle of friends. And she has kids and a good husband.

Of course Hemy keeps trying to pull her back and is relentless in his cause. She resists some but for her it could only be an affair. To Hemy he had to have her all to himself. I imagine Andrea tried to explain to Hemy that he is just infatuated with her, but she has another life with kids, and a husband. Ultimately she misjudged Hemy.

She made her choice to hide her affair after the events. As a matter of fact, I bet the affair was over at the time of the killing. She has been her own worst enemy and deserving of the justice she got today. Many of you are waiting for Hemy to turn on Andrea. What you fail to understand is that Hemy realizes he is mainly responsible for what has happened to the Sneiderman's.

Welcome to WS JohnieNite

Rsbm

Did the lawyer friend actually testify to that? I'm asking because I wasn't able to watch the whole trial.

Rsbm

Thank you for the Welcome too..!

Yes she did, she claimed she did some research on the matter, be it not necessarily the most extensive..

I agree. I think to act as if Andrea was just a passive victim of Hemy who did not engage in any kind of relationship with him is to ignore any and all evidence to the contrary. No, there's no video of them in bed together. But to act like that, at the very least, she didn't lead him on, is just being an apologist.

If I were in Andrea's shoes and my boss had been "harrassing" me for months, then my husband is murdered in the parking lot at my sons daycare -you bet that in a New York Minute I would have handed over every email, text from the "harrasser" - I would not delete anything nor would I demand a search warrant before letting LE into my house - IF I WERE INNOCENT!! and had nothing to hide. Also, the police sketch that went out soon after the murder is a good fit for Hemy - why did she not put two and two together? Shes educated and flattered by her high position career path. Probelm is she had a lot to hide and she chose to do the opposite which indicates deceipt, and we all know how it all ends.

I agree. I think to act as if Andrea was just a passive victim of Hemy who did not engage in any kind of relationship with him is to ignore any and all evidence to the contrary. No, there's no video of them in bed together. But to act like that, at the very least, she didn't lead him on, is just being an apologist.

Exactly! For those of us who have actually followed the trial know that the texts and emails show Andrea being the one in charge of the relationship. Some will say that means she lead Hemy to kill but it seems that Hemy decided that course of action for himself. She cheated but Hemy was nuts.

If I were in Andrea's shoes and my boss had been "harrassing" me for months, then my husband is murdered in the parking lot at my sons daycare -you bet that in a New York Minute I would have handed over every email, text from the "harrasser" - I would not delete anything nor would I demand a search warrant before letting LE into my house - IF I WERE INNOCENT!! and had nothing to hide. Also, the police sketch that went out soon after the murder is a good fit for Hemy - why did she not put two and two together? Shes educated and flattered by her high position career path. Probelm is she had a lot to hide and she chose to do the opposite which indicates deceipt, and we all know how it all ends.

Strange enough, I agree with you too. I think she made some poor choices but protecting her image was something she chose over immediate justice. I definitely think she suspected Hemy and I think she assumed the police were going to figure it out. She even hinted at it.

The giveaway was when detectives were interviewing Hemi on January 4th he said he was willing to change his job so they could pursue a relationship. That does not sound as if she had told him she was not interested and he needed to stop harassing her. It sounds as if there was a deeper discussion on why she felt they could not be together, a checklist of sorts. jmo

I am so glad she was convicted. The five years is a little short, but I'll take it.

Regarding sexual harassment, Andrea was an educated woman. Plus she had access to the internet and could specifically educate herself on this topic. One of the FIRST things a woman who is in this situation is advised to do is to make it absolutely clear to to the harasser that he (or she) is acting in an inappropriate manner. By directly confronting them about their specific behavior. And, of course, you can THREATEN to report the behavior to H.R., even if you have no particular intention of doing so. Often, this will stop the harasser in their tracks.

Far from taking any proactive steps to stop the "harassment" by Hemy, Andrea did things that encouraged him. That was shown by the evidence.
And after Rusty's murder, she took proactive steps to erase any evidence of the realtionship between herself and Hemi.

As far as them having an affair, the bar receipt placed them in the bar for the waitress to talk to them and observe them. Somehow, I think Andrea Sneiderman, the "trained dancer", up on a lonely dance floor doing an enticing dance for Hemy would have been quite memorable. And I really don't see any reason for that waitress to lie about anything.

RE: Dropping the murder charges at the last minute.

The Prosecutor said they got some last minute evidence that made him feel less than 100% sure (of her guilt). Therefore the charges were withdrawn.

Whatever this evidence is - and if it is another statement by another one of Andrea's "friends", well grrrrrr - it surely has to be thoroughly evaluated and investigated. So the Prosecutor did the ethical (and only) thing he could do. Whether this happened two months before the trial was due to start or two hours before.

I do not think this Prosecutor is going to forget all about Andrea Sneiderman just because of this perjury conviction. If he thinks he can convict her, I believe murder charges will be re-filed in the future.

Exactly! For those of us who have actually followed the trial know that the texts and emails show Andrea being the one in charge of the relationship. Some will say that means she lead Hemy to kill but it seems that Hemy decided that course of action for himself. She cheated but Hemy was nuts.

I agree, I think it's hard to say just how involved she was in the murder if at all. But I think if there's any way she knew that Hemy was capable of this crime and did nothing to stop it, especially after the incident with the homeless man on the side of the house, then...I don't know how complicit that makes her. There doesn't seem to be any strong evidence that she was complicit. But I have my own personal opinions on her complicity. I think Hemy acted alone, and I can't really see a murder plot being hatched or anything, but I don't think Andrea tried very hard to make sure he didn't hurt Rusty, if you catch my drift.

Was andrea sniederman also of the Jewish faith? Or followed it as her husband?
This whole this is so sad because its the children that will suffer. I also feel that the sniedermans have not only lost their son but access to their grandchildren! I feel sad for rusty s family.

I don't know. Just a quick search shows discrepancies that bother me.

I just see a lot of vitriol for a woman who I agree is not the most likable creature after that first trial, But I don't see a lot of what people are calling facts. I see a lot or reliance on testimony from people who may have agendas.

I want to see prosecution based on great evidence. Based on some good irrefutable facts.

Just got home from work, and to my delight I got to see a haggard Andrea and her crocodile tears rocking an orange jumpsuit and some cuffs. Well done, Judge Adams, well done!

I haven't read the whole thread, but wanted to ask: Does anyone know what the first-time offender guidelines are that the judge was referring to? Sounds to me like something that will get our newest little felon out even earlier than 4 years.

And just to add one small tidbit to the harassment discussion that I've always found so indicative of AS's narcissistic personality: Let's not forget that she sent her "harasser/stalker" 198 pictures of herself and her kids from a trip they took. 198 PICTURES! Who does that?!?!?! Definitely screams, "Leave me alone, Hemy! Get out of my life, Hemy! Be professional, Hemy!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper