GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Russell wrote any comments on the blog we have been reading.

I wonder if Russell wrote any comments on the blog we have been reading.

Maybe he is one of the anonymous curmudgeons who apparently are quite aware of the numbers. $160 million is a big number. Someone knowing where skeletons are kept could quite literally be a pain in the neck...

And they have been having vehicle thefts. Does not sound like they have the property locked up or there is trouble within!

I cannot get the newsletters to download. Will you please tell us about be vehicle thefts, when and how many? Thank you.

My thoughts all along have been a home invasion that went wrong. Maybe Mr. D caught them trying to steal his car, they panicked and killed him. Mrs. D. came in the garage to see what the commotion was, they panicked again and took her with them while trying to leave in a hurry.

More interesting reading found on the web:

http://reynoldspoa.com/Spring_Newsletter_2013/
http://reynoldspoa.com/Fall_Newsletter_2013/

From reading the pages about the Security committee, gate access has been a concern of members for awhile... (imho)

Elementary my dear Watson, elementary! Sorry, I couldn't resist. Thank for posting. I have just two comments after reading the newsletters.

1. You couldn't pay me enough money to live in RP at Lake Oconee.

2. This place is a serial killers playground.

The picture in the fall newsletter of a young lady who loves powerwalking the Oconee Trail because it's walkways are all paved and shaded especially during the summer = poor visibility and another Austin Sigg.

Security. . . . pffft. . . . what security? Oh yeah and according the HOA you can't cut down or move a tree whose trunk is bigger than 6 inches.

According to the newsletter, RP has visitors from all over the world. And "to simplify scheduling visitors no matter where you are, with the recent Capsure upgrade a simplified visitor registration is easy to access from your smart phone." How easy would that be to hack? The Dermonds' credit card accounts had already been hacked earlier. Remember that couple that was arrested from Mexico. They were caught in the US with hundreds of fake credit cards. Seems like the people running RP were more concerned with people speeding than someone being murdered.

Oh and if this isn't scary enough, check out the ads of 2Hope4 must read suggestions. You have to pay someone to watch your house! That's right. Gated community, yet if you leave you have to pay someone to watch your freaking house.

Wouldn't surprise me to see some loggers coming in to RP now and clearing the land some. Sort of like an island on a lake in a case I am still following. Basically the island was clear cut, only 2 or 3 trees left. Murders still unsolved, but by gosh you can see the island now. I would bet money the Dermonds wanted out of RP too. Unfortunately, it wasn't the way they wanted to leave. God bless the neighbors and I hope they get out ASAP! :moo:

Oh yes, the RP blog holds a host of interesting details! One incident describes a meeting where one of the county commissioners had to end a meeting before he and another govt official almost got in a fistfight! Really! The police had to intervene!

Clearly, there was some serious dissagreements in the RP over everything from security, finances, and building schools!

I did try to find out if either Russell or Shirley was on any boards, but came up with nothing.

When I first posted the link to the blog, several WS'ers found the posts "satirical" and dismissed it... so I'm really glad to see that others have found it informative :)

And they have been having vehicle thefts. Does not sound like they have the property locked up or there is trouble within!

The newsletter said they had some problems with some thefts from unlocked vehicles.

Vehicle thefts?

How does that square with this, I wonder:

...They lived in Reynolds Plantation, a gated neighborhood of expansive homes guarded by security officers where crime is rare, Sills said.

"This home is in one of the most exclusive gated communities in the state of Georgia," he said. "I don't remember even a burglary that I can even recall in the whole subdivision."...
http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/elderly-man-was-murdered-georgias-reynolds-plantation

Kept sort of quiet, maybe?

Mentions the possibility of a reward...

Investigators still at Dermond home

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/local/2014/05/12/dermond-case-sheriff-sills-says-few-clues/9003549/

snipped from the article

"Sills said the only items they found in the lake were "a lawn chair and a Christmas tree."

I would think LE needs to be checking all those homes that are rented out too.

also snipped from the article

"Sills says the couple's three adult children have returned to their homes in Florida and North Carolina."

I think that means the children and law enforcement know something we don't know. their mother is no longer among the living and so does law enforcement.

Not only are there rental homes, there's also the Ritz-Carlton Lodge (Carrie Underwood & Mark Fisher married there in 2010)

When I first posted the link to the blog, several WS'ers found the posts "satirical" and dismissed it... so I'm really glad to see that others have found it informative :)

Lol! I had been reading it earlier that day too! I was surprised how many people thought you were joking. But I think I must have linked right into the juicy bits that day because I googled about security in RP and the blog came up.

If nothing else, it certainly washes a little of the varnish off the utopian 'Reynolds Plantation'!

Elementary my dear Watson, elementary! Sorry, I couldn't resist. Thank for posting. I have just two comments after reading the newsletters.

1. You couldn't pay me enough money to live in RP at Lake Oconee.

2. This place is a serial killers playground.

The picture in the fall newsletter of a young lady who loves powerwalking the Oconee Trail because it's walkways are all paved and shaded especially during the summer = poor visibility and another Austin Sigg.

Security. . . . pffft. . . . what security? Oh yeah and according the HOA you can't cut down or move a tree whose trunk is bigger than 6 inches.

According to the newsletter, RP has visitors from all over the world. And "to simplify scheduling visitors no matter where you are, with the recent Capsure upgrade a simplified visitor registration is easy to access from your smart phone." How easy would that be to hack? The Dermonds' credit card accounts had already been hacked earlier. Remember that couple that was arrested from Mexico. They were caught in the US with hundreds of fake credit cards. Seems like the people running RP were more concerned with people speeding than someone being murdered.

Oh and if this isn't scary enough, check out the ads of 2Hope4 must read suggestions. You have to pay someone to watch your house! That's right. Gated community, yet if you leave you have to pay someone to watch your freaking house.

Wouldn't surprise me to see some loggers coming in to RP now and clearing the land some. Sort of like an island on a lake in a case I am still following. Basically the island was clear cut, only 2 or 3 trees left. Murders still unsolved, but by gosh you can see the island now. I would bet money the Dermonds wanted out of RP too. Unfortunately, it wasn't the way they wanted to leave. God bless the neighbors and I hope they get out ASAP! :moo:

Also IIRC, Georgia Power won't allow tree removal without a valid reason within twenty-five feet of the lake. You have to submit reason, receive a permit, etc.

Not only are there rental homes, there's also the Ritz-Carlton Lodge (Carrie Underwood & Mark Fisher married there in 2010)

Absolutely! I wondered why the children didn't stay at the Ritz-Carlton Lodge. Well now I know. Interesting tidbit about Carrie Underwood & Mark Fisher getting married there. I'm a fan of Carrie Underwood!

Lol! I had been reading it earlier that day too! I was surprised how many people thought you were joking. But I think I must have linked right into the juicy bits that day because I googled about security in RP and the blog came up.

If nothing else, it certainly washes a little of the varnish off the utopian 'Reynolds Plantation'!

I suppose it is one of those things you'd have to see and experience to believe but I have never felt at risk in that county at all. I guess that is why I am beyond shocked and can't get away from it now and hoping it will be solved ASAP.

A canoe would still be able to make the trek. Simply haul out at the dam.
This is no small damn. The dam between the two lakes has a flood gate. Unless you drag a canoe 500 feet down an embankment over boulders, it's an unlikely route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Metcalflovestruecrime