GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
how many perps do we feel there are? I am thinking one person is not very logical. We have a shooter (ostensibly) who is on a confrontation with Mr. D. We have Mr. D killed and then beheaded, at some point Mrs. D is involved in the scene and then we have perp, Mrs. D and a human head and presumably the murder weapon all being removed from the scene. Now one perp only has two hands. Logicistically, either dead or alive, MRs. D was not in or near the immediate vicinity of the house.

So how does one perp wrangle all that at once? If Mrs. D is alive at that point then a weapon must lively be held on her to maintain cooperation (if she wasn't in such severe state of shock that she was catatonic and how could someone count on that?)

So you leave with a gun on a living Mrs. D and holding a human head? Or you have more than one perp.

This case just feels so weird. It is like we have all the edge pieces of the puzzle - which is usually great way to solve a puzzle - but key middle picture pieces are missing.

What is missing? (and please no puns about the poor fella's head, not my intention with that question)

Something is missing - Some key piece of info.

1.86 miles from the security gatehouse on Reynolds Drive to 147 Carolyn Drive - per Yahoo Maps.

Sorry, but it's not 15 miles...

That is why they say he was already dead. DB's don't bleed. jmo

The blood coagulates that fast? Just a note...I almost passed out watching my dog's ultrasound. Seriously, I got lightheaded and they had me sit down. :blushing:

how many perps do we feel there are? I am thinking one person is not very logical. We have a shooter (ostensibly) who is on a confrontation with Mr. D. We have Mr. D killed and then beheaded, at some point Mrs. D is involved in the scene and then we have perp, Mrs. D and a human head and presumably the murder weapon all being removed from the scene. Now one perp only has two hands. Logicistically, either dead or alive, MRs. D was not in or near the immediate vicinity of the house.

So how does one perp wrangle all that at once? If Mrs. D is alive at that point then a weapon must lively be held on her to maintain cooperation (if she wasn't in such severe state of shock that she was catatonic and how could someone count on that?)

So you leave with a gun on a living Mrs. D and holding a human head? Or you have more than one perp.

This case just feels so weird. It is like we have all the edge pieces of the puzzle - which is usually great way to solve a puzzle - but key middle picture pieces are missing.

What is missing? (and please no puns about the poor fella's head, not my intention with that question)

Something is missing - Some key piece of info.

I've thought about that, too, how could it be one person. One scenario is the perp confronted Mr. D & either killed or disabled him in some way. Mrs. D becomes concerned because he is gone so long, comes into the garage & the perp grabs her & possibly restrains her by binding/gagging her. At this point she probably went along with whatever out of fear.

Which brings me to another question I've been pondering: If he was shot, wouldn't a neighbor have heard a gunshot? Those houses aren't THAT far away.

I don't see where that says he was wearing pajamas and/or a robe and was decapitated with a clean cut. Am I blind?
I am sorry. I saw blog and thought this. I don't know.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

http://m.homesnap.com/GA/Atlanta/9671-Huntcliff-Trace

https://maps.google.com/?q=GA/Atlanta/9671+Huntcliff+Trace@33.979954,-84.368217

This is what I have on record as the home the Dermond's left in Atlanta in 1999.
Very similar,waterside, golf course...
*It could be wrong.
I am not convinced they ever lived in Arizona. I think the sons did. I deleted that address not sure it's correct.

I can assure you they did live in AZ. Google Mark Dermond and Arizona. You will find a classmates site that lists his high school. You can then search his name and that school. It will show thumbnails of of yearbook pages in which not Mark, but the other children are named. And the names all correspond with their children.

I don't see where that says he was wearing pajamas and/or a robe and was decapitated with a clean cut. Am I blind?

I think that info was shared on here (yesterday?) by a local person...

I can assure you they did live in AZ. Google Mark Dermond and Arizona. You will find a classmates site that lists his high school. You can then search his name and that school. It will show thumbnails of of yearbook pages in which not Mark, but the other children are named. And the names all correspond with their children.

Ok. Cool!

According to unnamed sources:
1) the gates camera quit functioning properly on April 28.
2)Mr. D was found in his PJ bottoms and a house robe. There were Saturday and Sunday papers in the driveway. Leading to the belief that this all happened Friday night or Saturday morning.
3)Mr. D's head was removed in one clean cut, with possibly a second to finish through the bone. (This leads me to believe that whoever did this knew how much strength it would take.)

There is only one road into this community. It has a guard house that is manned 24/7 by an officer who calls upon assistance when anyone without the proper decal goes through the gate and does not stop to be cleared and given a pass. I believe the perp entered by boat. I also feel that this was a warning to a family member in some trouble.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Following up to my previous post, here is where the PJ info and clean cut came from. Post # 1043.

I've thought about that, too, how could it be one person. One scenario is the perp confronted Mr. D & either killed or disabled him in some way. Mrs. D becomes concerned because he is gone so long, comes into the garage & the perp grabs her & possibly restrains her by binding/gagging her. At this point she probably went along with whatever out of fear.

Which brings me to another question I've been pondering: If he was shot, wouldn't a neighbor have heard a gunshot? Those houses aren't THAT far away.

Not if the shooter used a silencer.

According to unnamed sources:
1) the gates camera quit functioning properly on April 28.
2)Mr. D was found in his PJ bottoms and a house robe. There were Saturday and Sunday papers in the driveway. Leading to the belief that this all happened Friday night or Saturday morning.
3)Mr. D's head was removed in one clean cut, with possibly a second to finish through the bone. (This leads me to believe that whoever did this knew how much strength it would take.)

There is only one road into this community. It has a guard house that is manned 24/7 by an officer who calls upon assistance when anyone without the proper decal goes through the gate and does not stop to be cleared and given a pass. I believe the perp entered by boat. I also feel that this was a warning to a family member in some trouble.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I think someone was referring to this info from Multiplicativity... I haven't seen #2 or #3 shared anywhere else....

The blood coagulates that fast? Just a note...I almost passed out watching my dog's ultrasound. Seriously, I got lightheaded and they had me sit down. :blushing:

I don't know about coagulating rates, and I think there probably was some blood but not spatter.

I got lightheaded many times in the ER when my sons were small and had an accident. One time they had to wave ammonia under my nose. lol

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com..._1_leesburg-police-maj-leesburg-mom-apartment

Another elderly woman missing as of Apr. 28. For those not familiar with Leesburg, The Villages are right there. A huge upscale retirement town, not just a community. Like RP, it has it's own restaurants, bars, groceries and schools.

Positively frightening. Only hours from the others.

There have been at least two related home invasions in Florida recently. First in Naples, then in Windermere (near Orlando). Both wealthy enclaves.

Police here think they are related. Oh did I mention the perps dress as NINJA's? NINJA's like swords.

Jumping from Naples to Windermere is a big northerly jump for this team. Could Eatonville been on their list?

hmmmmmm????

I don't know about coagulating rates, and I think there probably was some blood but not spatter.

I got lightheaded many times in the ER when my sons were small and had an accident. One time they had to wave ammonia under my nose. lol

LOL! I think it was the alcohol smell from that gel they put on for the ultrasound. That probably explains why I don't drink either. :floorlaugh:

http://recorder.maricopa.gov/recdoc...enddt=5/13/2014&doc1=&doc2=&doc3=&doc4=&doc5=

http://recorder.maricopa.gov/recdocdata/GetRecDataDetail.aspx?rec=19700002226
http://recorder.maricopa.gov/recdocdata/GetRecDataDetail.aspx?rec=19760046600

I have a question on some documents, and I looked up what joint tenants with right of survivorship means, and I found this link:
http://financial-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Joint+Tenants+with+Rights+of+Survivorship
"The ownership of property for which the co-owners have right of survivorship. In other words, if two or more persons jointly own a property with right of survivorship and one of them dies, the property does not become part of a decedent's estate; rather, the other owner(s) continue to own the property."

Anyway:
http://recorder.maricopa.gov/recdocdata/GetRecDataDetail.aspx?rec=19760046600
Recording date and time 2/27/1976, Docket 11563 pg. 628
http://156.42.40.50/UnOfficialDocs2/pdf/19760046600.pdf
"Joint Tenancy Deed"
"For the consideration of ten dollars and other valuable considerations, I or we
Russell J. Dermond and Shirley W. Dermond, his wife, do herby convey to
"JRC" and "LC", his wife not as tenants in common and not as community property estate but as joint tenants with right of survivorship, the following described property situated in the county of Maricopa, State of Arizona Lot Seventeen (17) Arroyo Heights
according to the plat of record in the office of the County Recorder of Maricopa County,
Arizona in Book 110 of Maps, pg. 50."
Previous to this back in 1970,(docket 7942, page 764) the same was done for Russell and Shirley by other people to lot 17.

The people here listed I am NOT questioning.
My Drawn Out POINT to all of this is, I found this information for Maricopa County in Arizona.
My question and thought process is, could there have been other properties perhaps with joint tenants with right of survivorship not with family members, but with other people, and with Russell deceased, and Shirley kidnapped, maybe deceased, could others then have sole ownership of property if Russell and Shirley were accustomed to transactions with joint tenancy with right of survivorship?
Could those deeds be a motive, if there are such deeds like this?
Just throwing out questions, ideas, thoughts.....

IMOO.

Why would anyone make a title transaction such as that, would it not cloud the title for any future sale? Certainly "R&L C" would not have an easy time selling a property such as this. I can only imagine the property was part of some inheritance and the "C's may be cousins or something. Still, it clouds the title and could be motive.

is that location a straight shot to the Dermon's down a highway or a waterway?

or went into the garage when he heard a noise

how close is this to the Dermond's residence?

I had another strange & creepy thought that is really just wild speculation on my part but if some of these houses were used as vacation rentals and there was someone who accessed them via the waterway, isn't it possible that person was staying in a neighbouring house or garage unbeknownst to the owners? Isn't it even possible for someone to be staying in an occupied house, esp. if that house is large and the residents are elderly? They could hunker down in unused rooms, attics etc. and only come out when the residents are gone or asleep. The type of person who would do this would obviously be very disturbed to begin with and an escaped convict or mental patient. I have no particular reason for thinking this is a possibility other than stranger things have happened and I obviously watch too many crime shows.

The other more realistic thing I was thinking is that if the person arrived and departed via the waterway, it's quite likely they took Mrs. D. with them and dumped her further down the river.

I just think it's awfully convenient that the security cameras stopped working April 28. That says to me that someone was scouting out the area. Do they save footage from month to month or does it auto-erase daily or is it real-time only? It would be really interesting to see who was checking those cameras out in the preceding days. I'm positive that someone else has a camera or two or three in and around the area. I realize they wouldn't be anywhere near the guard booth or the Dermond's residence but there still might be something of interest caught on tape.

Where did they say the security cameras failed? Sounds like some premeditation going on. Maybe the perp though he could make a burglary run on vacant homes and got caught in the act.

There have been at least two related home invasions in Florida recently. First in Naples, then in Windermere (near Orlando). Both wealthy enclaves.

Police here think they are related. Oh did I mention the perps dress as NINJA's? NINJA's like swords.

Jumping from Naples to Windermere is a big northerly jump for this team. Could Eatonville been on their list?

hmmmmmm????

Searched a bit after reading your post. That is scary!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarah573x