GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AND......WHY SATURDAY? like i have posted before, robbers (which this wasnt) typically show up when they know no one is home.....Saturday isnt that day usually,k esp if you have kids....so someone knew the Dermonds people well............their routine, their neighbors, their lake....becuase WHY NOT ON THE WEEK DAY......it could have been on Thursday, thursday when Russell may have been home alone but the crime would have been revealed earlier as Shirley rides with a friend to Bridge club meeting............The perps could have even done this on monday, tuesday, wednesday or friday DAY...........they did NOT.......WHY SATURDAY........the Derby party............ and everyone was busy busy busy getting ready for the days events and would meet up with their friends at the party......and of course no one ever expects THIS...so were not that conerned when the Dermonds didnt show up other than curious wonder.............. initially..........who knew them so well, who had a key? who was given a key? WHO
another dawning realization..............the killer or the mastermind behind this plan.........KNEW very well that no one was home next door, that lake people dont really pay attention to their neighbors unless they are dockside, that lake neighbors are mostly part time and there was plenty of tree cover and that they could boat up to the house or vacant cove lot and no one would pay enough attention to ID anyone, if they even saw anyone at all, especially at night.........proof ...becuase this happened and there aer no witnesses, no enemies and no motive and got away with it (so far) and because no one paid much attention to the man on the lawn saturday afternoon

I know we've discussed all this in depth, i say realization because suddenly there was more clarity, ...every time i rethink it all, there is always an added little something coupled with what we already KNOW and with all the questions and suspicion we already have in regards to these facts......just makes the whole case more clear...it's like now there is NO doubt, these are not questions, these are FACTS that tell us more about the killer/s...
AND......WHY SATURDAY? like i have posted before, robbers (which this wasnt) typically show up when they know no one is home.....Saturday isnt that day usually,k esp if you have kids....so someone knew the Dermonds people well............their routine, their neighbors, their lake....becuase WHY NOT ON THE WEEK DAY......it could have been on Thursday, thursday when Russell may have been home alone but the crime would have been revealed earlier as Shirley rides with a friend to Bridge club meeting............The perps could have even done this on monday, tuesday, wednesday or friday DAY...........they did NOT.......WHY SATURDAY........the Derby party............ and everyone was busy busy busy getting ready for the days events and would meet up with their friends at the party......and of course no one ever expects THIS...so were not that conerned when the Dermonds didnt show up other than curious wonder.............. initially..........who knew them so well, who had a key? who was given a key? WHO

I know we've discussed all this in depth, i say realization because suddenly there was more clarity, ...every time i rethink it all, there is always an added little something coupled with what we already KNOW and with all the questions and suspicion we already have in regards to these facts......just makes the whole case more clear...it's like now there is NO doubt, these are not questions, these are FACTS that tell us more about the killer/s...

You are so right Dancin, so why such silence and LE has to know who and must not be able to prove it yet. What will take to break this case. Someone talking????

Hey Lawdog.......a phone call..................Someone hired to do this aint gonna call, not even if they get pissed off at each of the others involved, they'd implicate themselves....but I think SS does know or has strong strong suspicions, but he SAYS he doesnt think it's the family as they passed the polygraph and he watched their faces he said........well, we know that people who were guilty have passed poly's before and if you are good with poker faces and believe your own lies, well you would pass it......but could be someone had a key.............no forced entry, someone knew them, they got her first, he ran to garage for car or weapon possibly............but whoever, AGAIN.....did this, came to kill..................period................THIS ONE WILL GO UNSOLVED unless someone is on their death bed and confesses
You are so right Dancin, so why such silence and LE has to know who and must not be able to prove it yet. What will take to break this case. Someone talking????

I've said it before the reason this can't get solved unless someone makes a call is because the evidence SS collected belongs to someone who has been in the house many times before and can say they were just there before the murders. In this day and age dna can tell us a lot and SS has it. This was no 1st time killer , this wasn't a random killing, this was rage and revenge . SS knows exactly who did this and why they did this and even how they did this and where .

You indeed have said it Hockeyguy....the more i think and the more i type new ideas, the more it supports that
I've said it before the reason this can't get solved unless someone makes a call is because the evidence SS collected belongs to someone who has been in the house many times before and can say they were just there before the murders. In this day and age dna can tell us a lot and SS has it. This was no 1st time killer , this wasn't a random killing, this was rage and revenge . SS knows exactly who did this and why they did this and even how they did this and where .

You indeed have said it Hockeyguy....the more i think and the more i type new ideas, the more it supports that

To me, this is quite plausible. It probably explains why the community didn't seem to be fearful a deranged killer was on the loose. Also, the reason SS isn't more vocal about finding the killer, he has his man or woman, he's now dotting his i s and crossing his t s.

IMHO

The family staying silent along with SS being silent is like watching a game of chess. The podcast I believe was done to let the killer feel he or she would be caught as they built up SS as a super cop even in the articles they built him up. He's just sitting on his porch waiting for someone to make the next move ( which is to make a call to his office) . He was on the scene within minutes of getting the call and they enter the house and each step they take is a page of notes and pictures or video. There had to be footprints and or scuff marks left behind even if they cleaned which tells them which direction they came in or went out . Trace back the articles from the beginning to end and compare the last update to each early article .

The family staying silent along with SS being silent is like watching a game of chess. The podcast I believe was done to let the killer feel he or she would be caught as they built up SS as a super cop even in the articles they built him up. He's just sitting on his porch waiting for someone to make the next move ( which is to make a call to his office) . He was on the scene within minutes of getting the call and they enter the house and each step they take is a page of notes and pictures or video. There had to be footprints and or scuff marks left behind even if they cleaned which tells them which direction they came in or went out . Trace back the articles from the beginning to end and compare the last update to each early article .

I forgot to mention how quiet the family has been. I can see some family members being stoic, but all of them? Why wouldn't at least one of them be outraged and vocal about finding the killer of their loved ones? It's mind boggling. :fishy:

IMHO

I believe the family knows one of them snapped and they are silent for fear of that family member being caught if they say the wrong thing. I know it sounds crazy but they lost 1 brother and they lost both parents now it's just the 3 remaining kids and if 1 goes to jail for murder it's just the 2 kids. Or it could be a grandchild that they are protecting.. Which brings me to the person who was a relative that SS says wasn't truthful the 1st time and broke down the 2nd time. I think SS slipped and gave us a major clue there why would he mention that except for by mistake ? He only mentioned it in 1 interview so I think he slipped on that bit of info. Reading most of the interviews it also seems that no matter who wrote the article they wording came out the same in each article which tells me SS called in some favors and is playing psychology games with someone trying to instill fear ( they all describe SS as a no holds barred Cop who always gets his conviction.

You all are putting up some good arguments though I guess I'm still on the fence. I just can't believe the family was involved in this case.

I'm not saying this is related, but here's links to a NC case and our thread about two elderly couples murdered back in August which has not been solved yet.

http://abc11.com/sheriff-believes-halifax-quadruple-murder-gang-related/2511423/

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...adruple-Murders-in-Halifax-County-22-Aug-2017

No worries, watcher. If and when this is solved, we'll all probably be wrong. And thanks for the link to the NC crime, will check it out. So sad...

I forgot to mention how quiet the family has been. I can see some family members being stoic, but all of them? Why wouldn't at least one of them be outraged and vocal about finding the killer of their loved ones? It's mind boggling. :fishy:

IMHO

Scared to death or involved in the deaths......it is mind bogging, I was just thinking the other day the same thing, they are ALL silent, unless they are clones , this is odd for sure!

You all are putting up some good arguments though I guess I'm still on the fence. I just can't believe the family was involved in this case.

I'm not saying this is related, but here's links to a NC case and our thread about two elderly couples murdered back in August which has not been solved yet.

http://abc11.com/sheriff-believes-halifax-quadruple-murder-gang-related/2511423/

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...adruple-Murders-in-Halifax-County-22-Aug-2017

I think we're all coming up with theories based on the evidence we have which is probably quite lacking but given these many factors, it does appear to be family involved in some way......I still have thoughts it's impossible as well, and it may be, but because I use my moral conscience, I have doubts.....some people have no conscience is the thing to remember when pondering any murder case I guess....because we wouldn't or couldn't do this or be involved in such as this MUCH LESS to a family member!... makes it seem impossible

Good logic! Only one spokesperson controlling the situation?

I believe the family knows one of them snapped and they are silent for fear of that family member being caught if they say the wrong thing. I know it sounds crazy but they lost 1 brother and they lost both parents now it's just the 3 remaining kids and if 1 goes to jail for murder it's just the 2 kids. Or it could be a grandchild that they are protecting.. Which brings me to the person who was a relative that SS says wasn't truthful the 1st time and broke down the 2nd time. I think SS slipped and gave us a major clue there why would he mention that except for by mistake ? He only mentioned it in 1 interview so I think he slipped on that bit of info. Reading most of the interviews it also seems that no matter who wrote the article they wording came out the same in each article which tells me SS called in some favors and is playing psychology games with someone trying to instill fear ( they all describe SS as a no holds barred Cop who always gets his conviction.

Watcher thanks for the link i'll be watching that case and I hope they catch the scum bags. My other thought on the Dermonds murder is and always has been the person who did this was law enforcement but I keep asking myself why would they be involved. Either SS knows who did this and needs a confession or SS contaminated the crime scene and is hoping to catch a hail mary pass

To stab someone and to shoot someone, indicate very different emotions or motives.....using a knife is very personal as opposed to shooting someone, according to the experts.....Makes you wonder though, why all the killing of elderly...much less in such savage ways!

hmmm, yes SS has some friends in Putnam, one in particular who is on trial soon!

I was wondering about Mrs D when SS claimed he pulled her into the boat himself....would that contaminate anything? I had watched something a while back and they went to special lengths to removed a body from the water so not to contaminate...

There was a boot print I read a long time ago, nothing else was ever reported about that.

The friends who found them could have contaminated things before they knew anything was up

Like Foxfire used to say, how'd it go? In regards to unsolved crimes... something about only bad investigations.....

Anyone know anything about methods of retrieving bodies from water? Any special tactics?
Watcher thanks for the link i'll be watching that case and I hope they catch the scum bags. My other thought on the Dermonds murder is and always has been the person who did this was law enforcement but I keep asking myself why would they be involved. Either SS knows who did this and needs a confession or SS contaminated the crime scene and is hoping to catch a hail mary pass

hmmm, yes SS has some friends in Putnam, one in particular who is on trial soon!

I was wondering about Mrs D when SS claimed he pulled her into the boat himself....would that contaminate anything? I had watched something a while back and they went to special lengths to removed a body from the water so not to contaminate...

There was a boot print I read a long time ago, nothing else was ever reported about that.

The friends who found them could have contaminated things before they knew anything was up

Like Foxfire used to say, how'd it go? In regards to unsolved crimes... something about only bad investigations.....

Anyone know anything about methods of retrieving bodies from water? Any special tactics?

SORRY, VERY GRAPHIC!
Back when I was reading about SS hugging and pulling her body into the boat, I wondered why he would have done that? First off, the contamination of possible evidence, and then the smell, and then the corpse herself.

I once saw a body floating in the river and watched as the responders tried to get hold with hook poles but they couldn't retrieve the body because it wouldn't stay together. They were all wearing masks. They ended up getting a float-like thing under the body and then lifted the float and body together with straps onto one of the boats.

I couldn't find the article where SS describes how he got her in the boat, but did find this old article about the fishermen when they found her body. I wonder if they received any type of reward? Do we have a media thread for this case?

http://www.ajc.com/news/sheriff-shi...force-trauma-the-head/swHLLgNOmgzMJUc3IO9cXN/

Yeah you'd think there is some sort of protocol, evience destroyed if you rip the skin or body or whatever

I DO REMEMBER he describing it as putting his arms around the body and lifting her up and said he had the smell of death all over him...we remember it the same? I too wondered about the condition of the body...

I saw something about retrieving a body out of a pool and they were trying to even use a hook like you mention and that it was NOT the proeprty method, I dont recall what was, probalby the float device you mentioned....yeah... Hockey guy wonders about contamination of eveyrhting I think

What the what............
Do you or anyone else get the impression This guy thinks he's the ONLY one on the case(s) who can or should handle it all himself....That just seems so narcisistic, one person cannot do it all and there are many eyes who need to be on any case so that you dont have tunnel vision with just ONE perspective or vision wo whatever, many people see many different things, good to have more eyes, ears and perspective

SORRY, VERY GRAPHIC!
Back when I was reading about SS hugging and pulling her body into the boat, I wondered why he would have done that? First off, the contamination of possible evidence, and then the smell, and then the corpse herself.

I once saw a body floating in the river and watched as the responders tried to get hold with hook poles but they couldn't retrieve the body because it wouldn't stay together. They were all wearing masks. They ended up getting a float-like thing under the body and then lifted the float and body together with straps onto one of the boats.

I couldn't find the article where SS describes how he got her in the boat, but did find this old article about the fishermen when they found her body. I wonder if they received any type of reward? Do we have a media thread for this case?

http://www.ajc.com/news/sheriff-shi...force-trauma-the-head/swHLLgNOmgzMJUc3IO9cXN/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member