GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I lived on Lake Blackshear for 25 years and it is full of them. Also, several people that I know have ponds and will occasionally have them. They will notice their cows start going missing.

I believe it was 3 years ago that Ga. opened a season for gators. http://www.eregulations.com/georgia/hunting/alligator/
It used to be a $10,000 fine for shooting/killing gators out of season, but unsure of the amount now.
I knew I didnt' like Blackshear, I dont' frequent that one, only concerned with all those dern stumps, dangerous enough with that, lol, but I do know south of a line, the gators get more prominent, as Willers said, Okefenokee Swamp is down there south ga, thanks for the warning !

It's certainly raised awareness, when people get compacent, they dont' pay attention, false sense of security in the RP area, I have begun to pay closer attention to the people around me, you never know if a psycho just brushed past you in the store or passed you on the hiway

Look at normal looking men, educated acting, well dressed, and you DO NOT know if he's a murderer or not, frightening to imagine, dont' live in fear, but be cautious

I think they were targeted too, probably went to the door and answered it, not knowing or even thinking of any danger

Does it seem like a serial killer ? Because of the beheading, I've not heard of any other cases of beheading, has anyone else? OF course, he may be young, just begun his rampage or hasn't struck for a few years possibly?

IDK, maybeThey were targeted becuase ......they were elderly, lived alone, family out of state, no dog, appeared to have money (because of the house, no one truly know what someone has unless you look at their finances)

yeah why keep her unless for money, no ransom was demanded, so did they take her to the atm's, hopefully it's been checked for wrong pin entries, my card got eaten by the machine for that mishap once, LOL,

I think it was said there were no recent large withdrawals, I recall that young girl in Chapel Hill NC college student, disappeared and was later seen she was taken to the atm by the perp, then killed

They knew RD wuold be opposition, so just get rid of him right away, easy targets because of age?

I still think it's someoen nearby watching them or knows of them through someone else, if it's not related to the MD murder

Maybe the wrong house was targeted. The architectural review board makes sure people who build in RP adhere to a certain look. Wonder if the same plan/ facade exists on another street??

My first post!

Decapitation mystery | Russell Dermond was World War II vet, golfer

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/decapi...d-war/nfx3m/?ecmp=ajc_social_twitter_2014_sfp

In regards to the family:

I know what shocks me, doesnt' phase others, all people are different and have differnt levels of wrigh and wrong and moral and immoral,

I'm wondering (for lack of better word) if there was some baggage and strife in the family becuase of MD habits then murder, there may have been blame within the family becuase of MD behavior, eventually all that bickering causes distance in the heart of individuals, not that they don't care or love them, just numb to a lot of things involving family

If you have to ask why someone does something, it's because you dont' feel or have that LACK of feeling that they do for whatever reason and may not ever understand it

Maybe the wrong house was targeted. The architectural review board makes sure people who build in RP adhere to a certain look. Wonder if the same plan/ facade exists on another street??

My first post!

Welcome OTPTarheel!! :)

Going off your post Tomkat....I need to look it up here but didn't that insane guy behead a victim in Canada???? He had a strange name and murdered folks....seems like he sent a head in a package....I need to go look this up once I remember is name.....evil dude, young, and I think he killed an oriental guy that might have been his boyfriend.

Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder:

Decapitation mystery | Russell Dermond was World War II vet, golfer

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/decapi...d-war/nfx3m/?ecmp=ajc_social_twitter_2014_sfp

Mr Russell Dermond; World War II Vet, surviving a war of this magnitude, and then loosing his life in such a horrific crime just adds more insult to injury in this senseless tragedy, imo.. Over 555 Vets of WW II are passing daily. In the year 2000, there were 6,000,000 survivors. Today that number has rapidly dwindled to less than 1,000,000.. 'Very Tragic'..

http://www.nationalww2museum.org/honor/wwii-veterans-statistics.html

I read in an article that neighbors and friends have expressed interest in adding to the $20,000 reward but for some reason, they haven't taken them up on the offer?

I have been looking for the link, can't remember where I saw it. Anyone else remember? I feel like it might have been the day after the vigil.

The perp had to have a fail proof getaway.
If he went by land, security could alert police and they could find him. Especially if security followed.
The water is the safest route. It would take time to get a boat search going.

This may not apply there, but here on Lake Allatoona, once you set foot on Corps property, Bartow County can no longer peruse you. They must call Corps of Engineers.

IMO as far as a getaway goes the water is the path of least resistance.
Moo

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

The path of least resistance. Yes that's it. But the lake would have required at least two trips and a very strong fellow to carry two dead people back and forth to the house if he was killed someplace else.

I wonder if this person could have gained entry while the Dermonds were gone during the day and perhaps hid out in the house til late at night when the neighborhood was quiet.

But as I write these words where did the gun shot occur? Was Mr. Dermond alive and in the trunk with Mrs when his own car might have been driven by the killer out and then back in?

That too would be a path of least resistance in the middle of the night in the Dermonds car with the pass for the gate and the garage door opener.

With all of that said the only 'fly in the ointment' would be if those security camera's were working. Which makes me think they were made to not work!

I read in an article that neighbors and friends have expressed interest in adding to the $20,000 reward but for some reason, they haven't taken them up on the offer?

I have been looking for the link, can't remember where I saw it. Anyone else remember? I feel like it might have been the day after the vigil.

I am shocked at the lack of a huge reward immediately after their discovery.

As they say 'money talks'!

There have been many posts addressing why Sheriff Sills hasn't called in the GBI. I believe this article may shed some light on that subject.

http://www.examiner.com/article/put...sills-profile-of-cop-over-dermond-couple-case

Thanx for sharing this link, Bethanthony. This article, although it states some misinfo concerning the GBI's involvement, sheds some very interesting insights of Sheriff Howard Sills achievements and motivations, etc.

IMO, Sheriff Sills is a very honorable man, and should be saluted for his accomplishments of the past. With that said, I have to respectfully disagree with his decision to squander the additional investigative resources of the GBI, for reasons expressed in my previous post/s. Why squander free experienced special agents and professional investigative resources?

I have been researching missing/murdered person investigations for over 6 years, in an effort to identify common denominators that separate the successful ones, from ones that eventually grow cold..
In a walnutshell, the successful investigations were those where all available investigative resources were utilized; federal, state, and local... There is a reason malignant psychopathic stealth predators seek out small and rural communities with limited investigative resources.. They do not want to get caught, preventing them from preying on other unsuspecting innocent victims, and continuing their evil trails of terror.....

A very wise man once said, 'If you run your missing/murdered person's investigations today, in the same manner that you did yesterday, you may not be the 'Sheriff of the Year', tomorrow"..

The T Rex may have been the 'baddest *advertiser censored*' of them all, and the high Sheriff of the dinosaurs, but are now only prehistoric objects of interest, displayed in Washington DC, and many other museums around the world...

The Land that Time Forgot - DC Gets a T rex..
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/05/15/trex-dinosaur-smithsonian-washington/9104061/

YOu say "THERE", where are you?

And it's pronounced "LIKE" not "LAKE" here and "BRAM", not "BRIM" here and "CRAPPIE",, not "CROPPIE" , it's PEE CON, not PEE CAN, here LOL

Not sure if it's SWEET water either, pretty yucky in my opinion

They are all over GA RIvers and have been known to be in ponds in MIDDLE GA, less likely north but are not in the LIKES HERE

Had a river lot south of Perry, btw, they are there too in some ponds, but had a gator sunnin on our dock on the river

WE should open a GATOR forum:facepalm:
Here is now Braselton, Ga. (you know...the town Kim Basinger once owned) but was born and raised in DeKalb Co. Ga. (Lakeside High School, Class of '70)

I could tell you were from Middle Ga. by the way you mispronounce bream. :D (pecan is a toss-up)

As to gators, when walking home from my H.S (Atlanta suburb) I passed a house that had a small pond with a pet alligator (or so it was rumored), so it IS possible, but you have to introduce them. Of course back then, you just picked up babies (mostly non-native caimans) from sleazy tourist traps in Florida. Future disinterest meant they usually had very short lives.

And its sweet water as opposed to not-sweet. (like the the ocean) Sorta like sweet milk as opposed to buttermilk. Pass the cornbread, please.

BTW...the Allman Brothers (the real one...when Duane was alive) played at my High School graduation dance!

Thanx for sharing this link, Bethanthony. This article, although it states some misinfo concerning the GBI's involvement, sheds some very interesting insights of Sheriff Howard Sills achievements and motivations, etc.

IMO, Sheriff Sills is a very honorable man, and should be saluted for his accomplishments of the past. With that said, I have to respectfully disagree with his decision to squander the additional investigative resources of the GBI, for reasons expressed in my previous post/s. Why squander free investigative resources?

I have been researching missing/murdered person investigations for over 6 years, in an effort to identify common denominators that separate the successful ones, from ones that eventually grow cold..
In a walnutshell, the successful investigations were those where all available investigative resources were utilized; federal, state, and local...

A very wise man once said, 'If you run your missing/murdered person's investigations today, in the same manner that you did yesterday, you may not be the 'Sheriff of the Year', tomorrow"..

The T Rex may have been the 'baddest *advertiser censored*' of them all, and the Sheriff of the dinosaurs, but are now only prehistoric objects of interest, displayed in many museums around the world...

Great points, as always FF. ITA that all available resources should be utilized. What could it hurt? While the anecdote Sills shared about the T-rex was interesting, I also think it is very telling as to his mindset. He wants to be the sole 'bada$$ T-rex' credited for solving this crime. He doesn't want to ask for help because he doesn't want his position to be eliminated.
:confused: I think Sill's way of thinking needs to go the way of the dinosaur. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member