GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
alrighty before this thing gets legs one way or another I think we need a link to what, if anything, describes the state of or presence or lack of clothing on Mrs. D.

I have heard everyday clothing (assuming indicating daytime apparel) and now seeing people discussing her nudity.

Which is it?

Because it certainly matters and I would like the facts before I start speculating on what being found in either state would mean.

I agree!

Why am I bothered by the news in that video that LE are searching in the home for a crowbar or something similar that could have been the murder weapon...is this only now because they know she suffered by blunt force trauma? the I don't know about anybody else but I don't have a crowbar in my home...maybe it is the wording...I also noticed 'they' said Mr. D. body was found in his home...when actually he was in the garage/carport...maybe I am relying on news statements too much,lol.

Well, I guess they have to look but they're not going to
find it or anything else....at least not In the Dermond's home.

What would we do if we couldn't throw the Mafia and the Mexican cartel into the mix.:floorlaugh: They seem to be brought in as the culprits on so many cases like this. Very rarely is it done by cartels or the mafia though and when it happens by cartels it is on the opposite of the united states.

The mafia would go after the people that screwed them out of money and not some aging parents almost in their 90s unless they are dumber than dirt because now that both have been found deceased the children will be able to inherit all of Russ and Shirley's assets.

Left town fast? Who? Their children? They were there for an entire week. Sills says he is in contact with them. What were they suppose to do by remaining there? They weren't allowed into their parents home the week they were there. Heck I think the home is still being held by LE two weeks later.

They sure wouldn't be out looking for their mother. Rarely do family members search for missing loved ones and the police don't want them to either. Even then Sills said he didn't have a clue where else to search.

Family members of murdered and missing loved ones nowadays always get nuts calling them.......from those that think they know who the killer is .........to psychics saying they know where the body is or who the killer is. Unfortunately this family is not immune to crazy weirdoes calling them any more than the other families that have had to endure their own nutty callers.

Nah, I don't agree...........this has nothing to do with their children/money laundering, mafia or cartels. Not one bit of evidence has been shown that their living children are anything other than law abiding citizens who have amassed their wealth by working hard just like their father did to amass his own wealth.

Imo, whoever this murderer is he lives right in the midst of that community.

IMO

If there were evidence of the kids money laundering then they didn't do a good job of hiding the money laundering anyway......my dad is local and has friends in eatonton ....that's what the street is saying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't imagine popping a senior citizen on the head with something like a tire iron. Killing those sweet people bycracking their heads open! But then
to behead him?

If it was "mafia" "cartel" they sure took a lot of time and risked getting caught red handed literally.

IMO this crime was made to appear that it was a" hit" ,when in reality I can see it becoming a FAIL.
We already know someone stole their identity and bought some stuff off the internet. Sadly someone has probably been taking advantage of them for quite some time and the Dermond's had either warned that if it happened again they were going to turn them into authorities,

or, they had been willingly assisting someone and have given them an ultimatum such as "this stops next month" they"cut them off" financially so the perp did the same.
Moo

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Did they steal their.identies or their cards or the numbrrs pff the vard

found a link. Per the sheriff at the 1:47 mark on the linked video says she was wearing "everyday" clothes.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/source-investigators-find-body-putnam-county/nfyK5/

so that clears that up. Mrs. D was not nude but clothed when found.

ETA thanks to treelights, I was able to locate your original post backthread which contained the needed link so I could mark the area on the video where clothing was discussed.

If there were evidence of the kids money laundering then they didn't do a good job of hiding the money laundering anyway......my dad is local and has friends in eatonton ....that's what the street is saying.

What?!! Would you clarify the above? What is the "street" saying?

Why am I bothered by the news in that video that LE are searching in the home for a crowbar or something similar that could have been the murder weapon...is this only now because they know she suffered by blunt force trauma? the I don't know about anybody else but I don't have a crowbar in my home...maybe it is the wording...I also noticed 'they' said Mr. D. body was found in his home...when actually he was in the garage/carport...maybe I am relying on news statements too much,lol.

We do have a couple of crowbars in our out buildings and have had them for years. My hubby uses them to pry nails out of old boards.

I suspected after Shirley's autopsy they would know more about the murder weapon and what to look for. The ME had to tell them that it is their opinion she was most likely killed with a long cylindrical object much like a crowbar.

IMO

Can you rephrase? I'm not sure what you are implying.

found a link. Per the sheriff at the 1:47 mark on the linked video says she was wearing "everyday" clothes.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/source-investigators-find-body-putnam-county/nfyK5/

so that clears that up. Mrs. D was not nude but clothed when found.

Ok, thanks.

So now I am going to disregard the other rumor that was posted here that Russ was in his PJs and bath robe. I think that is also misinformation.

Now I think they were both clothed at the time and it was everyday clothing they would wear while they were up and at home.

One of the son's did mention they thought it may have happened during the day. That is when he said he thought his parents home was targeted because it is the last home on the cul-de-sac and is isolated from other homes close to it.

IMO

Did they steal their.identies or their cards or the numbrrs pff the vard
"In the fall of 2012, though, the Dermonds did report that someone unknown to them rang up $2,000-plus in online purchases on their American Express account.

According to the Eatonton Messenger newspaper, there were seven charges in all -- five at Macys.com and two at Amazon.com."

http://www.macon.com/2014/05/13/3096235/new-search-coming-in-putnam-slaying.html

Insurance agents would know the security set up. Possibly bank employees if there is a mortgage on the home. When was the home last appraised?

According to the Putnam County Tax Assessors office it last appraised in 2013 for $1,043,094.

I can't imagine popping a senior citizen on the head with something like a tire iron. Killing those sweet people bycracking their heads open! But then
to behead him?

If it was "mafia" "cartel" they sure took a lot of time and risked getting caught red handed literally.

IMO this crime was made to appear that it was a" hit" ,when in reality I can see it becoming a FAIL.
We already know someone stole their identity and bought some stuff off the internet. Sadly someone has probably been taking advantage of them for quite some time and the Dermond's had either warned that if it happened again they were going to turn them into authorities,

or, they had been willingly assisting someone and have given them an ultimatum such as "this stops next month" they"cut them off" financially so the perp did the same.
Moo

This is what I think happened too. Whoever did this wanted LE to think this was some kind of "hit". I think that by trying to make these murders seem like something else will be what gets whoever did this caught. I hope whoever did this is haunted for the rest of their sorry life/lives!

What I was saying is word on the street in Putnam county is that this had to be a mafia/ organized crime/Mexican drug cartel deal gone bad. What I meant with the laundering comment is everyone says there is no evidence of it etc etc. if there was evidence of it then they did a horrible job of hiding the money laundering....so if you are money laundering there shouldn't be any evidence of it.....also could be why FBI came in on day one.......yes these are good folks who didn't deserve this but everyone has skeletons .....

"In the fall of 2012, though, the Dermonds did report that someone unknown to them rang up $2,000-plus in online purchases on their American Express account.

According to the Eatonton Messenger newspaper, there were seven charges in all -- five at Macys.com and two at Amazon.com."

http://www.macon.com/2014/05/13/3096235/new-search-coming-in-putnam-slaying.html

I had the same thing happen to me. It was 1,000.00 dollars and it was done at Western Union in Toronto. I called my bank and told them they were fraudulent charges. We did paperwork, my account was reimbursed and I don't know if they were able to catch the people or not. But, my point is that this is not an unusual occurence.

Did the news say she was found wearing clothes? I can't find any articles that will elaborate on whether her body was clothed when it was recovered.

I'd meant to say that, if she was found nude, that would imply she was assaulted (although it doesn't outright confirm it).

I really hope her body isn't so decomposed that the medical examiner wouldn't be able to say conclusively whether she was assaulted, because that'd be a pretty important part of the investigation. Particularly when it comes to finding the motive. They might not be able to find seminal fluid since it's probably been washed away, but they might be able to find trauma consistent with a sexual assault. We'll just have to wait and see.

The article is different than the video in this link, i read the article but went back and listened to the video and it says clothed

"The report, from records at the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office, said the Dermonds reported seven charges on their card that they had not made – five at*Macys.com*and two at*Amazon.com*– between Sept. 20-23.

The Dermonds reported the incident to PCSO Oct. 24 on the advice of the credit card company."

http://www.msgr.com/news/crime/article_4301bba8-d6dc-11e3-9a0f-0019bb2963f4.html?TNNoMobile

I'm nosey. I want to know what was purchased!

All I can say OMB.......is be very beware of believing street gossip. WS doesn't believe in using street gossip to accuse family members of wrongdoings.

I am sticking to my opinion. There has been nothing showing any money laundering was going on by any member of the family. We here at WS don't accuse family members of victims unless the police have done so. You need to read the TOS. I know you are new here.

I can believe there is rampant street gossip going on. It happens in every case by the locals and most of the time it just rumors spreading like wildfire.

I just think it is very unfair to accuse these family members based on street talk of criminal activity when they are now enduring their darkest hour.

How would the people in Eatonton know? All of the Dermond children live in another state.

IMO

We do have a couple of crowbars in our out buildings and have had them for years. My hubby uses them to pry nails out of old boards.

I suspected after Shirley's autopsy they would know more about the murder weapon and what to look for. The ME had to tell them that it is their opinion she was most likely killed with a long cylindrical object much like a crowbar.

IMO

Oh I agree OBE....we have numerous items in our outbuilding....but I took from the video they were looking in the home proper....it could have been the reporter's assumptions,lol. I dunno.

There is a wealth of crowbar like objects in our outbuilding....I don't know the name for all of them but they sure would make a good weapon,lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech