GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we won't know all that until way later or in the end, possibly

BTW, WHERE in the garage was RD, article I just read yesterday stated that the cars were in the garage

If my memory is correct, RD's torso was located behind the vehicles. There is an msm links thread;
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243911&highlight=shirley+dermond

Don't know about y'all, but I am going to be very upset if it is determined by the GBI ME that SD was kept alive in captivity for days before her death. In the Meredith Hope Emerson(GA) tragedy. MS Media articles attempted to minimize her time in captivity by stating that she was only held for only 3 days. MHE was abducted on 01/01/2008 and murdered/decapitated on 01/04/2008 according to the GBI ME = Four Days...

Thank you oceanblueeyes I enjoy your insight and opinions this community has given me so much knowledge about perpetrators with the links that so many supply to read. I grew up having a very close relationship with my grandparents and have a very soft place in my heart for seniors the stories they can tell and the knowledge they have is just amazing to me with that said I just cannot imagine doing that to an older person or to anyone for that matter. Obviously it's hard to understand the mind of these sick, evil, twisted individuals. Like others have said and I agree this person knew Mr & Mrs Dermond either casually or they crossed paths somewhere, the person/persons know the area, knew their schedule, knows the ins and outs of the lake and imo very brazen about dumping Mrs D`s body where it was dumped. I just hope and pray they weren't tortured. Makes me think of the movie "The Strangers" and how that played out ( not a true story supposedly based on an what was a true event) hoping like everyone for swift justice.

Welcome, LoveBoxerK!

According to Sheriff Sills, no evidence that Mr. Dermond was tortured. Likely, his wife wasn't either:

“No, the man wasn’t in witness protection,” Sills said. “He wasn’t going to testify. There’s no evidence of any kind of torture.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-missing-wife-article-1.1791470#ixzz32BVJwRf4

Anyone ever found themselves saying "and you think you know someone....."

well we don't know know the Dermonds, their family, their neighbors and IMAGINE what the neighbors must be thinking, they wouldn't have expected THIS kind of murder in a million years from what we've read about their opinion on the elderly couple

Just pondering

Yes, I have seen it many times especially in murder cases. The first thing out of the people's mouth who knew the suspect seems to always be 'he/she is the last one I would have ever suspected as someone capable of doing this, etc'

No, we do not know the Dermonds personally although from those who have spoken out that do know them they both seem to be wonderful people who really loved each other.

As for as the Dermond children we don't know them personally either but what we do know is in over 2 weeks not one word has been said about any of them that is derogatory and we are living in the age where everyone seems to want their 15 minutes of fame. And we all know that media thrives on smut and believe me they have been hunting for things too, imo.

Sadly it has become common practice in our society nowadays to re-victimize family members all over again when their loved ones have been murdered. They are either accused of being directly involved or they are accused of being the cause somehow. Of course it is not based in facts but rumor and speculation and in so many instances they are nothing more than grieving family members who should have been supported with love and prayers all along.

I am so proud of WS ( I cant stress it enough) for they are very different than most sites like this and they make sure that family members are protected unless and until LE says they are POIs or suspects.

I believe that the entire Dermond family is a very good hard working family with great work ethics instilled in them all by the leader of their family, RD.

They have suffered a lot of pain even before losing their parents. I would think they would detest any type of drugs whether it be using or selling or any other criminal activity. They lost their own brother because he was trying to get cocaine for himself from a drug dealer in Atlanta.

I still do not believe they are the cause nor are they in anyway involved. This is closer to home (RP) and has to do with someone there who had hatred and resentment for Shirley and Russ and had known them for quite awhile, imo.

If it was a hit for some type of retaliation against their children then the hit men or those behind it...... have to be dumber than a box of rocks. All they would have succeeded in doing is giving the children many more millions to inherit from their parents to add their own millions they have worked for themselves.

IMO

A walk back in time to 1981 when America was abruptly and suddenly awakened to the Silent Epidemic of missing/murdered persons in the USA... There is over 100,000 missing/murdered cold cases in the US today..

'To be edited>..to show the parallels in the Adam Walsh investigation and the Dermond abduction/murder/decapitation, as well as the type of creature likely responsible for this horrific crime, imo'..

Bringing Adam Home - The Tragic Story That Changed America
http://www.cleveland.com/books/index.ssf/2011/02/bringing_adam_home_offers_stro.html

Adam Walsh Movie -
Adam (1983) Find my child. - YouTube
Thank you foxfire, I live in Fl and remember this case like it was yesterday. Another sad case and there are many out there in this world. So scary

yeah, you have to look at motive, nothing appeared to be stolen (and btw SILLS was on video report online stating that IT DIDN"T APPEAR that anything was stolen)

but that being said, anger or revenge

AND WHO had a motive and WHAT is the motive if nothing stolen

Of course the whole estate could be considered STOLEN because of the murder as T REX pointed out just above, SD being dead wont' tie up the estate if she was meant to be discovered, if not it would have held up the estate distribution

so yeah, back to being "placed" I still am thinking they DIDN"T want her to be found

we can't expect all cirminals to never make a mistake

so in thinking SD would be caught in the underwater bramble in the fishing area, I reiterate, my thinking is that they hoped that time and decay and fish would take care of her and fisherman don't drop their lines deep in that water so not to tangle their lines in that under water mess or roots and whatever else, so not likely to have snagged her

and LE stated not likely to find head due to the same if placed with SD in that location

so why would they not want the head found but SD found?

Also if it was personal, do they want the body found

If it was criminal or pro, would they want to make a statement? Then not likely dropped the head there with SD?

ach!

Welcome, LoveBoxerK!

According to Sheriff Sills, no evidence that Mr. Dermond was tortured. Likely, his wife wasn't either:

“No, the man wasn’t in witness protection,” Sills said. “He wasn’t going to testify. There’s no evidence of any kind of torture.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-missing-wife-article-1.1791470#ixzz32BVJwRf4

Epiphany thank you for that link! I read so much on here and try to keep up with the threads and my brain gets overwhelmed with all the info and everyones thoughts and theories because there's so many good points that are brought up!

"Extended coverage" @ 3 pm eastern on HLN

Thank you oceanblueeyes I enjoy your insight and opinions this community has given me so much knowledge about perpetrators with the links that so many supply to read. I grew up having a very close relationship with my grandparents and have a very soft place in my heart for seniors the stories they can tell and the knowledge they have is just amazing to me with that said I just cannot imagine doing that to an older person or to anyone for that matter. Obviously it's hard to understand the mind of these sick, evil, twisted individuals. Like others have said and I agree this person knew Mr & Mrs Dermond either casually or they crossed paths somewhere, the person/persons know the area, knew their schedule, knows the ins and outs of the lake and imo very brazen about dumping Mrs D`s body where it was dumped. I just hope and pray they weren't tortured. Makes me think of the movie "The Strangers" and how that played out ( not a true story supposedly based on an what was a true event) hoping like everyone for swift justice.

What a very nice compliment, loveboxerkisses. Thank you for the acknowledgement and kind words, I appreciated it greatly.

I see that you are new to WS so first let me welcome you :seeya:and you are going to find we have many posters who are very knowledgeable people who you will enjoy reading their posts as well.

It is very heartbreaking that this is the end of two beautiful lives who were living out they rest of their lives together just like they had done for 62 years.

We are living in scary times now with so many elderly being targeted when it comes to violent heinous crimes such as these. There was a point in time we never locked our doors and we always kept our firearms locked away inaccessible to us. For so long we too had the false sense of security but we have come to realize things like this can happen anywhere and everywhere even in supposedly very safe neighborhoods.

In fact it seems to me that murderers have now learn the places to target are places where little violent crime happens. LE does tell us that the criminals are getting smarter and smarter and it seems to be the case now.

This would be like murdering someone in Mayberry RFD where we had the false impression it could never happen in places like that but it can and it has and it will happen again.

Thanks again for all the sweet words. You are going to really like it here, I promise.:)

Yes, I have seen it many times especially in murder cases. The first thing out of the people's mouth who knew the suspect seems to always be 'he/she is the last one I would have ever suspected as someone capable of doing this, etc'

No, we do not know the Dermonds personally although from those who have spoken out that do know them they both seem to be wonderful people who really loved each other.

As for as the Dermond children we don't know them personally either but what we do know is in over 2 weeks not one word has been said about any of them that is derogatory and we are living in the age where everyone seems to want their 15 minutes of fame. And we all know that media thrives on smut and believe me they have been hunting for things too, imo.

Sadly it has become common practice in our society nowadays to re-victimize family members all over again when their loved ones have been murdered. They are either accused of being directly involved or they are accused of being the cause somehow. Of course it is not based in facts but rumor and speculation and in so many instances they are nothing more than grieving family members who should have been supported with love and prayers all along.

I am so proud of WS ( I cant stress it enough) for they are very different than most sites like this and they make sure that family members are protected unless and until LE says they are POIs or suspects.

I believe that the entire Dermond family is a very good hard working family with great work ethics instilled in them all by the leader of their family, RD.

They have suffered a lot of pain even before losing their parents. I would think they would detest any type of drugs whether it be using or selling or any other criminal activity. They lost their own brother because he was trying to get cocaine for himself from a drug dealer in Atlanta.

I still do not believe they are the cause nor are they in anyway involved. This is closer to home (RP) and has to do with someone there who had hatred and resentment for Shirley and Russ and had known them for quite awhile, imo.

If it was a hit for some type of retaliation against their children then the hit men or those behind it...... have to be dumber than a box of rocks. All they would have succeeded in doing is giving the children many more millions to inherit from their parents to add their own millions they have worked for themselves.
IMO

Very good point! BBM

No I am not accusing anyone, just pondering all the possibilities and how we are many times caught off guard, they do seem like very nice people, however, they were 88, who knows what they have seen, heard, lived through other than the obvious thats been reported

I've been thinking about these questions from everyone about where the murders might have taken place, and where Mr. D was decapitated... Now that we're almost sure they didn't come in or leave by car, the only thing that makes sense to me is that all of this took place on a boat. My theory is that someone they knew came by, and asked them to go for a boat ride, maybe to watch the sunset? A few years ago, we would often be playing out on the water all day at our lake house on Jackson, but the only time my elderly dad would ever go out for a boat ride with us was at sunset/happy hour. The water would be calmer, the lake peaceful, stars starting to come out...you get the picture - we wouldn't stay out long, but it would always be almost dark by the time we got back to our dock...

This is how I think the person they knew got them into the boat, then maybe they pretended to break down or something, staying on the lake until after it's dark enough, then hitting both on the head and killing them there in the boat. There are MANY secluded areas on Lake Oconee, uninhabited coves and shoreline where it's just woods with no one around - it would be easy to find a spot where they could appear to break down, spend a while pretending to try to start the boat until it was completely dark, then eliminate the couple. I think they then drove to the spot where they dropped Shirley's body hoping it would become entangled in the tree stumps and never be found, then drove Mr. D's body back to the house. Somewhere along the way they detached the head and I think deposited it in a different location from Mrs. D. The mess would all be confined to the boat which could be washed out or maybe they even sunk the boat later in a third location... I think Mr. D's body was wrapped up in something (like some plastic) and the comments about the body being moved or drug "just a few feet" into the garage, were the result of the body being laid on the ground and then drug off the sheet into it's final resting place inside the garage. I think Mr. D's body was returned to the home for either A.) shock value and to throw off LE, or B.) to send a specific message to someone or possibly a message to the "community."

It seems to me that Sills is pretty sure the decapitation happened somewhere else - at around the 4:05 mark in this video he says the following: "Within an hour of responding to this call our cadaver dogs had searched the immediate vicinity, and wooded area around the home. Not the entire greenspace there but the ENTIRE area immediately adjacent to that, we've done all that." (BBM)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7utUlmCnZOk&feature=player_embedded

"After the body was found, deputies in a boat dragged the 13-foot-deep water near the couple’s house. Investigators also called in the cadaver dog, to no avail." (BBM)

http://www.macon.com/2014/05/08/3087453/decapitation-unlikely-cause-of.html#storylink=cpy

If the murder and decapitation had happened in the yard or on the dock, it seems to me the cadaver dogs would have hit on something in those areas, there would be traces of blood in those areas besides just the spot where they found his body. That's why I think it all happened in a boat. I think this was premeditated and very carefully planned out by someone known to the Dermond's.

JMO

I have been racking my brain. Honestly all I can come up with is that this wasn't about the Dermond's or their money.

There is a lot of money in that neighborhood.
Is it possible that the Dermond's having been through a tough time with the oldest son were helping another couple deal with a drug addicted adult child. Perhaps encouraging them not to love the child to death by continuing to enable them and finance their drug use. MD seems like he might have been a tough love kinda guy.
If the Dermond's encouragement caused them to cut him off, would he possibly go after the Dermond's?
By killing them his parents would be scared into financing his habits again out of fear.

I dunno. It has to be about someone's money or a payback of some sort
moo

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

PROBABLY NOT RELATED.

Bibb County an hour southwest from Eatonton.

"@joekovacjr: Breaking: Bibb County sheriff's deputies handling possible "barricade situation" on south side's Capitol Avenue."

"Extended coverage" @ 3 pm eastern on HLN

But it is HLN it may not be anything new. I'll take their bait and turn it on my computer at work just to see.

I think that whoever killed the Dermond's was very close to them. I think it takes a very personal connection to have the kind of rage this killer had for the Demond's, especially Mr.Dermond. What reasons besides misdirection would the killer have for decapitating Mr. Dermond? Rage is the only reason I can think of. Rage and misdirecting the investigation. I think Mrs. Dermond was killed because she could identify the killer. Where Mrs. Dermond was found indicates personal knowledge of the lake. Whoever did this knows the community very well, either a resident of the community, a former resident, or someone who has/had a personal tie to the community. To me, anyone close to the Dermond's, whether it be family or friends needs to be looked at closely. The killer knew both the Dermond's and the community intimately, IMO.

Good then it's just an internet mistake. It was Maples that was listed as first name Dermond.
Thank you!

I don't think its a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads