GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:greetings::wagon::welcome5::welcome6::welcome4:

So glad to have you here and posting! Always good to have a new poster on board. Looking forward to reading more of your thoughts and theories! :seeya:

Whaat...We don't have any dancing shoes?

Maybe the head is still with the killer/s - as it was part of some weird extortion plan??

I don't think so but with a case this unusual and hard to fathom your guess is just as good as mine.

Same goes with theories. I have my pet one but who the heck knows, any one of the others could be the right one.

I just hope that this is resolved soon. It's one of those mysteries that just sticks in your brain and you turn it this way and that, finding fault with all the stuff you come up with. And if you yourself don't find fault with a theory someone else will come along and point something out that throws everything back into question.

nutshell, I am spending too much time trying to figure this case out and work comes back tomorrow :( :(

Hurry LE solve this one and arrest the guilty!

Whaat...We don't have any dancing shoes?

We have dancing bananas! :dance::Banane21::Banana2::Banane48:Banane57:

I was doing a search earlier on the Dermonds and came across this article.

88-year-old man was beheaded in Putnam County
Posted: May 06, 2014 10:30 PM CDT Updated: May 09, 2014 10:21 AM CDT

It's older and only updated once on the 9th. This part caught my attention.

Sills said that friends of the Dermonds became worried about the couple when they didn't show up to a party last weekend.

"They didn't arrive. They didn't answer the phone," Sills said.

The couple's friends went to the home and made the discovery.

"The body was found in the garage," Sills said. "It's clear it was a homicide."
http://www.wlox.com/story/25448430/putnam-co-police-search-for-missing-woman-after-hus

I never realized someone from the party actually called the Dermonds when they were no shows at the Derby Party. This article makes it sound like their friends went right over and found Mr. Dermond. Poor reporting or just something I missed earlier.

I'm unsure whether Sills believes self-preservation may be the motive for the double murders or is describing the psych profile of who could have committed this double homicide.

Nonetheless, decapitation is, in and of itself, a very depraved act. The murderer is up a few notches on the depravity scale: it's double homicide; of 2 elderly victims; one who was dumped in a lake and the other decapitated.

I'm unsure whether Sills believed self-preservation may be the motive for the double murders or he is describing the psych profile of who could have committed this double homicide act.

Nonetheless, decapitation is, in and of itself, a very depraved act. The murderer is up a few notches on the depravity scale: it's double murder; of 2 elderly victims; one who was dumped in a lake and the other decapitated.

I'm just wondering if this is the first time this psychotic person has murdered and beheaded someone. Does someone start off beheading a first victim, or does that come later? Can't help thinking that whomever did this is giving off a weird vibe!

Had about 10 different families/friends go to the lake this weekend. Asked them if they were freaked out... They all asked why! Apparently none of my friends watch the news.. just me!

Feeling like a lot of my friends are very self-absorbed and don't care about their community.

I am still going with someone they knew!

Had about 10 different families/friends go to the lake this weekend. Asked them if they were freaked out... They all asked why! Apparently none of my friends watch the news.. just me!

Feeling like a lot of my friends are very self-absorbed and don't care about their community.

I am still going with someone they knew!

WOW! I can't imagine anyone NOT being freaked out by the murder of 2 elderly people and one victim that was beheaded...

Yes, I think it was someone they knew as well. Somebody that had a beef with them, but the Dermonds never suspected they were so demented.

Hope something breaks tomorrow. How can someone live with theirself after committing such a heinous act upon two elderly helpless people?

We have dancing bananas! :dance::Banane21::Banana2::Banane48:Banane57:

I was doing a search earlier on the Dermonds and came across this article.

88-year-old man was beheaded in Putnam County
Posted: May 06, 2014 10:30 PM CDT Updated: May 09, 2014 10:21 AM CDT

It's older and only updated once on the 9th. This part caught my attention.

http://www.wlox.com/story/25448430/putnam-co-police-search-for-missing-woman-after-hus

I never realized someone from the party actually called the Dermonds when they were no shows at the Derby Party. This article makes it sound like their friends went right over and found Mr. Dermond. Poor reporting or just something I missed earlier.

* Or did the worried friends ride by the D's house and see the lights out, and assumed that they just didn't feel up to the Derby party and went on to bed?

* Or did the worried friend/s go to their house early the next morning and just knock/ring the doorbell, but not enter?

* Or even possibly entered the immaculate house, and peeped into the garage without seeing MR D's torso hidden behind the cars?

* Or, did the worried friend call GW security to do a welfare check, that was overlooked, or not very thorough?..

Too many questions, and too few answers after a very long three weeks...

I'm just wondering if this is the first time this psychotic person has murdered and beheaded someone. Does someone start off beheading a first victim, or does that come later? Can't help thinking that whomever did this is giving off a weird vibe!

I could be completely wrong, but Sills gives me the impression that the decapitation was fairly clean...the murderers appear to be organized. The murderer (or the ringleader) is likely of above average intelligence (no apples, pls); the murders were planned and whomever murdered and decapitated Mr. D must have been physically strong and had some knowledge of how to decap whether from hunting, knowledge thru researching how to do this, etc...believe this may be partially behind why he stated that some elements of the double homicide could make it appear to be a professional hit even though other elements indicate it was not: Sills was firm, at that moment, that he does not believe it was organized crime, hired hit man: there are mixed elements at the crime scene.

I could be completely wrong, but Sills gives me the impression that the decapitation was fairly clean...the murderers appear to be organized. The murderer (or the ringleader) is likely of above average intelligence (no apples, pls); the murders were planned and whomever murdered and decapitated Mr. D must have been physically strong and had some knowledge of how to decap whether from hunting, knowledge thru researching how to do this, etc...believe this may be partially behind why he stated that some elements of the double homicide could make it appear to be a professional hit even though other elements indicate it was not: Sills was firm, at that moment, that he does not believe it was organized crime, hired hit man: there are mixed elements at the crime scene.

As retired FBI Profiler Clint Van Zandt said, 'you don't escalate from shoplifting to decapitation'...

http://legalpronews.findlaw.com/article/c02f50581fa0dbe885b0ec6baacb5dc7

BBM

What is it about any killer that makes someone think they are above average intelligence? What does that mean?

I think you are 100% right on.

Hope something breaks tomorrow. How can someone live with theirself after committing such a heinous act upon two elderly helpless people?

Another thing I'd like to know, where are the weapon(s)?

What about the bloody rags or whatever was used for clean up after the decapitation?
There had to be some blood.

Did the killer(s) dispose of their own clothes? Surely there had to bloody clothes...
didn't there?

I haven't seen anything at all that says otherwise. If it was important enough for them to build their home so they would have equal distances between their children's homes then that shows me they are very close. And wanted it to be in a spot where they could either travel the same distance to see their sons in Florida or have them come there or they could travel the same distance to see their daughter in NC or her daughter wouldn't have to travel so far to come see her mom and dad. And her daughter and children iirc had just been for a visit on Easter.

What makes you think they were distant from their children? Iirc in one article I read the people at the GW community said that Shirley often talked about her children.

IMO

I don't think the D's were distant....I simply hadn't read anything that stated they were close either.

I've been thinking about Sills' comment about giving everyone the weekend off.

Why do I get the feeling he is toying with the perps....like
"You can try to enjoy your weekend, but we have filed for some search warrants and we are interviewing people at your business come Tues!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme