GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are 100% right on.

Is it odd that friends might be that immediately concerned? As if they had a premonition that something bad might happen?

No, I don't think it is odd at all. I think where the Dermonds were located on the lake was extremely secluded and I think their friends were worried about them. Surely the daughter must have seen her parents were going downhill slowly, but did not want to face the truth. With all the thefts of people's property in their vehicles, I would naturally assume that perps were testing their ability to what they could get away with and eventually would lead to break-ins and home invasions. There's something about that place, Great Waters, it's creepy. Something's not right. Great Waters should have had their own identifying sticker, instead of every RP property having the same sticker. Security was lax. Guess it made everyone feel safe to have a guardhouse with someone who would wave at you occasionally when they weren't too busy doing other stuff. Too bad it took the death of an elderly couple with the decapitation of one to bring everyone back to reality.

They say money is the root of all evil. Would not be surprised if this adage proves to be true in this case. jmo

Ahhhhhh yes... The love of money is the root of all evil, but where's the money. We have yet to see proof any money was taken, albeit someone could think there will be money to be had soon. I'd like to be a fly on the wall at the reading of the will. My bad!

Up at 6am to watch tennis (the French Open) but this case is still the first thing on my mind. I cannot comprehend this kind of crime because of the beheading. Who does that? I remember once a guy that was helping me move some furniture from FL to GA. When we drove up to my house, I mentioned a tree that had overgrown in the driveway; the young dude (from Miami) whipped out a machete from the moving truck and cut the limb out of the way in less than a minute. I was stunned! Who carries those around? Don't you guys think the perp(s) had to bring the weapon with them? Thanks for all the welcomes! I don't have anybody in my circle interested in crime the way I am.

Good morning! :seeya: We discussed machetes earlier and came to a consensus machetes are fairly common in the South. Very good for weed whacking, limb removal (of trees) and killing snakes, and yes, if it was very sharp and with enough force it could perhaps remove a head. I'm torn if the perp brought his own equipment or if indeed it was something right in Mr. Demond's garage. It would seem a great deal of planning and care was taken to commit this crime, said perp could likely have brought his weapon of choice for beheading someone. Perhaps it was a surgical saw that are used for amputating limbs, a very sharp surgical saw, sharpened just prior to the event.

If they did still in fact have ownership in those two restaurant franchises mentioned in the news article, could an employee or manager have a reason to do the Dermonds harm?

http://fox4kc.com/2014/05/08/georgia-elderly-man-decapitated-wife-missing-police-seek-clues/

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Anything is possible, but I'm leaning against a disgruntled employee. More like a disgruntled, psychopathic, killer whose reasoning for killing the Dermonds can only be answered by the killer himself.

I think this was professionally done. Not organized crime professional. Just professionally, as in someone who was paid and knew what they were doing.

Even though it seems like a crime of rage, I don't see the rage. Its a very controlled crime scene...from what we know there is little blood and no broken glass, crashed furniture or anything to suggest that type of anger.
There is more than one crime scene so that requires planning and control.

The fact that no gun was used is telling. Hard to trace "blunt force trauma."

Up at 6am to watch tennis (the French Open) but this case is still the first thing on my mind. I cannot comprehend this kind of crime because of the beheading. Who does that? I remember once a guy that was helping me move some furniture from FL to GA. When we drove up to my house, I mentioned a tree that had overgrown in the driveway; the young dude (from Miami) whipped out a machete from the moving truck and cut the limb out of the way in less than a minute. I was stunned! Who carries those around? Don't you guys think the perp(s) had to bring the weapon with them? Thanks for all the welcomes! I don't have anybody in my circle interested in crime the way I am.

A Machete is a very common tool here in the south.

The article above says they paid taxes on a 23' boat. I thought I read where it was for sale or had sold. Anyone know the particulars on this? I know I personally never want to list anything for sale outside of my community (Craigslist, for example) because of all the weirdos who can come to your door and case your house. Also, do the authorities think the perp(s) came AND left by boat? Their own boat, or the Dermonds? I am thinking along the lines of a sale and someone unhappy with the terms, then argument that escalated? IMO - I know it's too early for this!

The article above says they paid taxes on a 23' boat. I thought I read where it was for sale or had sold. Anyone know the particulars on this? I know I personally never want to list anything for sale outside of my community (Craigslist, for example) because of all the weirdos who can come to your door and case your house. Also, do the authorities think the perp(s) came AND left by boat? Their own boat, or the Dermonds? I am thinking along the lines of a sale and someone unhappy with the terms, then argument that escalated? IMO - I know it's too early for this!

Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills said Dermond had been an active golfer until the last few years and described him as “active – a walker.” He said the couple owned a boat but sold it about two years ago.

http://www.msgr.com/news/local_news/...9bb2963f4.html

you can quell the rumors, go to:

http://putnamgatax.com/taxes/default.aspx

the last tax payment for boat was made in 2011 by the Dermonds

Many outdoorsmen carry all types of things. My dad carried a machete in his car until he was in his 90s.

Have any of you that have read the HOA rules read what regular dues were? Now that Mr. D. was not playing golf, it would seem he would not want that exorbitant charge added to his yearly dues. For some reason, I doubt the sons or grandsons visited that often to continue the fee IF it could be dropped. Again, what is expensive in one person's eyes, is not in another's! Just the course fees are outlandish for a member to me - that is why golf has never appealed to me! I can't see paying outlandish fees to chase a little white ball around down here in the south! Southern belles don't sweat. . . Lol!

WOW! I can't imagine anyone NOT being freaked out by the murder of 2 elderly people and one victim that was beheaded...

Yes, I think it was someone they knew as well. Somebody that had a beef with them, but the Dermonds never suspected they were so demented.

It blows my mind.
I have family that lives in the area and I'm always asking them what's going on with the locals. Nobody seems worried, freaked out, or scared at all.

Okay, but where would the money/pay-off be coming from? The only people I see who stand to gain anything financially, would be those named as beneficiaries (on the will, life insurance). Now if one doesn't believe that immediate family members are behind this, how on earth could anyone else profit from the brutal deaths of the D's?

Paid to kill or debt not having to be repaid or financial scam not being outed or lawsuit threatened being avoided ...anyone else have other ideas on the possibilities ?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Anything more on those Florida gated community situations, was it murders, missing or just thefts?? Been thinking about that all weekend. Haven't read up on it and have not had time yet to catch up on the posts, might not get to them today!

Canaille, I realize your comment was not directed at me but thought I would add my two cents concerning the intelligence of the killers/perps.. Imo, the killer/s may not be intelligent. He/they may simply be lucky, or have honed their skills over years or even decades, imo.. Imo, due to the obvious indicators in this horrific crime, the perp/s are psychopath. I have learned through research that psychopaths, especially sadistic, malignant psychopathic sexual predators should never be underestimated..

Time and time again, they will fool even the most experienced homicide investigators, whether from small town Sheriffs departments or criminal profilers from the FBI BAU, Quantico, VA. With each unsuspecting innocent victim devoured, they will only escalate and become more brazen and elusive, until apprehended..

Indicators of an intelligent/organized psychopath/s imo;

Perp/s managed to eliminate the critical 'first 48 hours' of the investigation...

Perp/s utilized the window of opportunity of Derby Party/Cinco De Mayo to prevent detection..

Perp/s have evaded detection for 3+ weeks now..

Perp/s are obviously forensically & investigative aware, and likely monitoring, imo.

Perp/s have evaded the tremendous resources of the BAU2 and 40 FBI Special Agents, PCSO investigators, GA DNR, etc..for over three weeks..

Perp/s utilized multiple LE jurisdictions in the crime..

Perp/s utilized multiple crime scene locations...

Perp/s utilized multiple modes of transportation, imo..

Perp/s utilized deflecting, calculating, manipulative, and taunting behavior, imo.

* etc...

Why to ME< it seems like they are experienced, call it professional, organized or whatever, surely no one can be that Lucky but if they had luck, it was due to the 3 day delay in finding them, even so, what traces did they even leave behind ..............

Anybody here on the Sinclair side of the lake? Wondered if it was my imagination or if the water was extremely high a few days, it usually gets that high after a tremendous rain, wondering if oconee was down through the busy weekend in hopes to help anything surface?

I am kind of losing hope. I thought for sure there would be a quick arrest on this one.

Remember that poster that came in early on and gave a few unknown 'facts' one being Mr.D was in his pajamas .

Is he/she still around? That was very strange to me.

Btw I think a lot of locals and posters shy away from this murder...any discussions due to the brutality of a beheading!

Yes, I think the reward money should be increased. Chances are that other people either know what happened or are suspicious of someone.

Does anyone know if John Douglas is still involved in profiling cases? I always enjoyed his books, until he staunchly defended the parents of Jon Benet Ramsey. That case still baffles me, and IMHO, think there is more of a chance that a family member was responsible. :twocents:

Oh, and welcome to happy shoes!

IMHO

I think there are 2 ppl that know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads