GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, but where would the money/pay-off be coming from? The only people I see who stand to gain anything financially, would be those named as beneficiaries (on the will, life insurance). Now if one doesn't believe that immediate family members are behind this, how on earth could anyone else profit from the brutal deaths of the D's?

Not only beneficiaries - could be someone who didn't want to pay back money loaned to him by the Dermonds.

Snipped from foxfire's link,
http://legalpronews.findlaw.com/article/c02f50581fa0dbe885b0ec6baacb5dc7#.U4QJcJUU_X4:
"Sills told The AJC Saturday he expects there will soon be an increase in the $20,000 reward offered last week by the FBI for information leading to the recovery of Shirley Dermond.

"I think they need to throw as much money out there as they can," Van Zandt said. "
The type of people who would know about a crime like this would sell out their own mother." ___

re the BBM of Van Zandt's statement ----
Is he referring to money for staff & overtime?
Or more $ for a reward?

Foxfire. --TYVM for the link.

Along these lines - and I think I am treading close to stepping on TOS:facepalm: , I need to share another thought on this case that just popped into my head:

Who would benefit from the Dermond's deaths? I am thinking on wills written for couples and what the stipulations might be if one predeceased the other and if that might have changed: who would be Executrix, what last wishes might have to be carried out (some folks get very eccentric about this) etc.
ALSO!
Much speculation here about the relationships between the D's and their family.SD may have talked about her family all the time, but that doesn't mean that affection was reciprocated.Did she play favorites? Had there been conflicts over the years within the family in terms of business decisions?

I think they knew their attacker(s),trusted them mightily, and never dreamed the amount of rage inside....RIP..

JMHO

Snipped from foxfire's link, just above:
"Sills told The AJC Saturday he expects there will soon be an increase in the $20,000 reward offered last week by the FBI for information leading to the recovery of Shirley Dermond.

"I think they need to throw as much money out there as they can," Van Zandt said. "The type of people who would know about a crime like this would sell out their own mother." ___

Or more $ for a reward?

YW, al66pine... Clint Van Zandt is referring to the reward, imo...

http://legalpronews.findlaw.com/article/c02f50581fa0dbe885b0ec6baacb5dc7#.U4QJcJUU_X4:

"I think they need to throw as much money out there as they can," Van Zandt said. "
The type of people who would know about a crime like this would sell out their own mother." ___

Or more $ for a reward?

This means they are having trouble figuring this out. I don't see any breakthrough news coming down the pike.

BBM

What is it about any killer that makes someone think they are above average intelligence? What does that mean?

Canaille, I realize your comment was not directed at me but thought I would add my two cents concerning the intelligence of the killers/perps.. Imo, the killer/s may not be intelligent. He/they may simply be lucky, or have honed their skills over years or even decades, imo.. Imo, due to the obvious indicators in this horrific crime, the perp/s are psychopath. I have learned through research that psychopaths, especially sadistic, malignant psychopathic sexual predators should never be underestimated..

Time and time again, they will fool even the most experienced homicide investigators, whether from small town Sheriffs departments or criminal profilers from the FBI BAU, Quantico, VA. With each unsuspecting innocent victim devoured, they will only escalate and become more brazen and elusive, until apprehended..

Indicators of an intelligent/organized psychopath/s imo;

Perp/s managed to eliminate the critical 'first 48 hours' of the investigation...

Perp/s utilized the window of opportunity of Derby Party/Cinco De Mayo to prevent detection..

Perp/s have evaded detection for 3+ weeks now..

Perp/s are obviously forensically & investigative aware, and likely monitoring, imo.

Perp/s have evaded the tremendous resources of the BAU2 and 40 FBI Special Agents, PCSO investigators, GA DNR, etc..for over three weeks..

Perp/s utilized multiple LE jurisdictions in the crime..

Perp/s utilized multiple crime scene locations...

Perp/s utilized multiple modes of transportation, imo..

Perp/s utilized deflecting, calculating, manipulative, and taunting behavior, imo.

* etc...

We have dancing bananas! :dance::Banane21::Banana2::Banane48:Banane57:

(snip)

I never realized someone from the party actually called the Dermonds when they were no shows at the Derby Party. This article makes it sound like their friends went right over and found Mr. Dermond. Poor reporting or just something I missed earlier.

Is it odd that friends might be that immediately concerned? As if they had a premonition that something bad might happen?

Or more $ for a reward?

Yes, I think the reward money should be increased. Chances are that other people either know what happened or are suspicious of someone.

Does anyone know if John Douglas is still involved in profiling cases? I always enjoyed his books, until he staunchly defended the parents of Jon Benet Ramsey. That case still baffles me, and IMHO, think there is more of a chance that a family member was responsible. :twocents:

Oh, and welcome to happy shoes!

IMHO

Is it odd that friends might be that immediately concerned? As if they had a premonition that something bad might happen?

Someone usually does, Rhyolite.. JMO
A common denominator in many, if not most psychopaths that I have researched are that they are very proficient liars, and often speak in riddles, imo. Although it is estimated that four percent of the population is psychopath. Imo, not all psychopaths are evil or void of their souls...

If I was as wealthy as the Dermonds seemed to be and I was their child I would throw out a huge amount of money for information that lead to the arrest and conviction of whomever did this to my parents.

I am shocked only $20,000 has been offered by the FBI and the Sheriff is looking to up the reward.

That too me is very sad and speaks poorly for this rich family!

Even poor folks have fund raisers and fb pages set up to up the ante on a reward.

Dylan Redwines mothers friends raised a huge amount and posted it all to the reward fund to find Dylans killer.

Did it help? NO But it showed his mother meant business in the Find Dylan community!

Yes, I think the reward money should be increased. Chances are that other people either know what happened or are suspicious of someone.

Does anyone know if John Douglas is still involved in profiling cases? I always enjoyed his books, until he staunchly defended the parents of Jon Benet Ramsey. That case still baffles me, and IMHO, think there is more of a chance that a family member was responsible. :twocents:

Oh, and welcome to happy shoes!

IMHO

Although I honor your opinion, I respectfully disagree concerning Jon Benet Ramsey, wildebeest...

Long gone are the FBI BSU' Witches Unit days of John Douglas, Roger L. Depue, and Robert Ressler, imo. Seems, politics have diminished the effectiveness of the FBI BAU, and many other elite federal investigative agencies in the past couple of decades, imo.

Seems, the profilers of today either refuse, or lack the ability to enter the dark minds of the perp/s, imo. Imo, you must enter the fire to extinguish the flames of evil... jmo

BBM:

Someone usually does, Rhyolite.. JMO
A common denominator in many, if not most psychopaths that I have researched are that they are very proficient liars, and often speak in riddles, imo. Although it is estimated that four percent of the population is psychopath. Imo, not all psychopaths are evil or void of their souls...

Interesting, Foxfire. Could you please elaborate more on this (speaking in riddles)? TIA

BBM:

Interesting, Foxfire. Could you please elaborate more on this (speaking in riddles)? TIA

I would luv too, margarita25, but would likely violate TOS if I did.. Just an observation and opinion, M25... If, you read the link of the GMH interview by the GBI on 01/07/2008 posted in a comment a few pages back. You should see the riddle laden responses by him..jmo

They say money is the root of all evil. Would not be surprised if this adage proves to be true in this case. jmo

At the time of the murders did the Dermonds still own those restaurants mentioned: Wendy's and Chick-Fil-A.?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I could be completely wrong, but Sills gives me the impression that the decapitation was fairly clean...the murderers appear to be organized. The murderer (or the ringleader) is likely of above average intelligence (no apples, pls); the murders were planned and whomever murdered and decapitated Mr. D must have been physically strong and had some knowledge of how to decap whether from hunting, knowledge thru researching how to do this, etc...believe this may be partially behind why he stated that some elements of the double homicide could make it appear to be a professional hit even though other elements indicate it was not: Sills was firm, at that moment, that he does not believe it was organized crime, hired hit man: there are mixed elements at the crime scene.

I do believe this person was paid to do this but I do not think it was organized crime!

They say money is the root of all evil. Would not be surprised if this adage proves to be true in this case. jmo

I agree and the dermonds seems to be in pretty good health for their ages.
that said I say no more!

JMO

Up at 6am to watch tennis (the French Open) but this case is still the first thing on my mind. I cannot comprehend this kind of crime because of the beheading. Who does that? I remember once a guy that was helping me move some furniture from FL to GA. When we drove up to my house, I mentioned a tree that had overgrown in the driveway; the young dude (from Miami) whipped out a machete from the moving truck and cut the limb out of the way in less than a minute. I was stunned! Who carries those around? Don't you guys think the perp(s) had to bring the weapon with them? Thanks for all the welcomes! I don't have anybody in my circle interested in crime the way I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214