GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom, I was the one that mentioned the swords when we were trying to come up with a weapon that would make a clean cut in the decapitation.

I was speculating at the time that the killer may have used his own sword if he was a big military sword collector like a lot of men are.

But then the more I thought about it and after listening to Sills I think Russ was likely shot rather than bludgeoned like Shirley.

The killer could have had a military K-Bar knife and believe me it would decapitate anything like slicing through butter because it is extremely sharp. It is the most used military knife during battle in the Marine Corps but I don't know about other armed services.

Our son gave my hubby one when he was in the Marine Corps. He bought it for his daddy to help him skin out deer but he thinks it is way too nice to use ... so its still in the case it came in.:) Just looking at that thing gives me the hebbie jeebies. He has it locked away though because it would be extremely dangerous if it fell into the wrong hands. You can buy them on line too.

Usually when someone collects swords they also collect knives and even firearms as well. They are highly collectible and an very expensive hobby to have.

IMO

OBE, I agree. I think Mr. Dermond was shot, and the killer used some kind of knife like the kind you said, one used for "dressing out" deer, to carry out the decapitation. Sheriff Sills said the killer is experienced with using this type of knife, and that whoever did his was experienced in "dressing out" deer or "other large animals". I think it's safe to say the killer is an experienced hunter. Do you think Sheriff Sills has a suspect in mind? I know he said he still doesn't have one, and I believe him, but I can't help but hope he really does have someone in mind. What is everyone's opinion on whether Sheriff Sills has someone he think's is good for these murders?

I keep going back to one thing that I find important................

As far as we've been told.... there were no signs of forced entry.

WHICH makes me wonder >>>> did the couple know their murderers?

Malachi/Dwight York had an address of 3535 Peachtree Rd Atlanta GA on his UCC financing statement addendum with Machi name change/added (i'm not aware of what year that was)

that is 7 miles from person who owns currently and owned before 2007, property on Roswell Rd

tax records don't show original purchase

AND that is peachtree address is 12 miles from 9671 huntcliff trc

Just making observations

does anyone know if Troy Major was Nuwapian or ties somehow?

Just pondering

3535 Peachtree is a shopping center called Lenox Marketplace across from Phipps Plaza. 3535 houses a Staples, LA Fitness, Target, Publix, and a UPS Store, where I am think York probably maintained a PO Box. Is it just east of Lenox Square. Makes people think you have a prestigious Peachtree Road/ Buckhead address. But it's really the UPS store, formerly known as Mail Boxes Etc.. Faux prestigious...you can fool some of the people some of the time...

Yes, I'm thinking this is why the Dermonds opened their door. It was someone impersonating LE.

That was me who opened my door at 11:47 to the 2 men in the blue uniforms. It didn't register they were cops at first. My brain immediately thought gas company- leak perhaps. Then they flashed their credentials. They never came in the house. Didn't ask to enter, I locked the storm door when I went to wake up my husband.

They might have opened their door to
Fake LE
Fake Gas company - gas LEAK and need to check your house
Fake Electric company
Fake wAter company - water leak
Fake Appraiser
Fake Land surveyor
Fake Tree company
Fake Woman with small child in distress
Fake alarm company repairman
Fake delivery service- packages, flowers
Fake repair service - car, appliance
Fake house cleaning/ window washing company
Fake landscapers
Fake trash company
Fake donations company- gonna pick up your unwanted clothes, household goods...could someone have sent a postcard soliciting donations, the Ds responded, and it was a total ruse??? A setup?

I am still not sold that they opened their door to anyone. Much of what I have heard from Sills evolves as more leads and evidence comes in, much as our theories here evolve in the same manner.

It is entirely possible IMO that the security conscious Dermonds did not keep their home locked and the alarm on while they were home and during daylight hours.

I guess we will see if and when this one is solved.

I hope it is and we find out the true facts of how and why this was done.

Til then I feel like Sills and LE in general is doing much what we are - playing the odds. Only difference is they have seen the evidence, know what has been ruled relevant and what has been deemed red herring and we have not.

OH MY GOSH, just started the video, "the defamation of Dr Malachi York"

LISTEN TO THE RAP SONG, swords used be heading !!! THe original assassins, before jesus blood, etc

not exact order

OMG

yall have to hear this too

http://www.mashpedia.com/defamation_of_york?pagetype=search&tab=1&pagecode=&xn=1''

the first one, part 1

I haven't listened to the song. Don't want to risk getting it stuck in my head. But, I have seen many pictures of York and he sure loves a sword. Big, flashy, ornate swords. IF he or his disciples were to kill, I am certain it would involve a sword of some type. The sword to them is a symbol and tool of authority, justice, and "righteousness".

And you're suggesting (or have been for some time) that they would have opened their door to Nuwaubians?

I am in no way advocating that the NC are connected to this crime. But, I have read quite a bit about them. One thing I came across related how they had used U-Haul trucks to gain access to an area that they weren't supposed to be in. I honestly remember no other details, but that did catch my eye at the time because I wondered if the Dermonds' killer(s) may have used some similiar ploy.

I don't think I could find the article again,,so consider it rumor. Not helpful at all! But, it was interesting to me at the time.

When the NC was active in Eatonton, did the members go out into the community or did they stay on their land and to themselves? After reading all that I can find on them, it's doubtful that they are completely gone and no longer practicing their beliefs. Malachi York had a very strong hold on thousands, and most likely still has control of some even through prison walls. Very scary group of people...IMO.

They were very involved in the community, even running for political offices, and working hard to influence local politics. No, they are not gone! Some have aligned with other Black Supremacist groups, or other Sovereignty Peoples (people who claim to be Sovereign and separate from the US Government), some probably have abandoned their involvement with these type of groups, but others still identify as Nuwaubians! York has supposedly authored books and leaflets from prison. He may even operate his own blog! I don't see how he could in the high security prison he is in but there is a blog using his name and it seems those who follow it believe it is him.

Whatever happened to the man who some neighbor saw in the backyard on Saturday? Was that the "plausible lead" that went no where?

The theory about the Nuwaubians, if you can call it a theory, has never really made any sense anyhow. It's been proposed that the Dermonds were murdered to taunt sheriff Sills, or perhaps as payback for grievances for which they believe Sills is responsible.

Sure, they're bad folks, and yes, they have had issues with Sills. But the theory very quickly falls apart:

-- what sort of a cult/terror group would attempt such a risky murder and then *not* claim responsibility for it?

-- if this was about a personal gripe with Sills, then why not do something to hurt Sills personally, like killing a family member or a friend, or for that matter, damaging his property, instead of killing people who were apparently virtual strangers to him, or at least not close to him at all?

Frankly, it just doesn't make sense, and (not to defend the Nuwaubians), but I think they're being treated collectively as a convenient bogeyman/scapegoat. This really is not something consistent with their past practices at all, either. For reference: http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/groups/nuwaubian-nation-of-moors

I am still not sold that they opened their door to anyone. Much of what I have heard from Sills evolves as more leads and evidence comes in, much as our theories here evolve in the same manner.

It is entirely possible IMO that the security conscious Dermonds did not keep their home locked and the alarm on while they were home and during daylight hours.

Til then I feel like Sills and LE in general is doing much what we are - playing the odds. Only difference is they have seen the evidence, know what has been ruled relevant and what has been deemed red herring and we have not.

I think I agree with every word of your post, tlcya.

Been lurking and staying current with reading posts,

but without any new information I am still pretty much sticking to ransom/extortion gone wrong theory. Original plan well thought out, executed as planed until killer made a mistake by underestimating the D’s or had incorrect information and had to adlib. Hence the “some things about the crime looks organized, but some things don’t”.

My other possible theory --- follow the money---- who would gain something by the death of Mr. D and Mrs. D missing (if she had not been found) I have to wonder if maybe it was more like who would gain something by what would not happen if Mr. D was found dead and Mrs. D was missing.

Did either one of them sit on or have powers on some board?
Would they have been in a position to make a determination on how a large sum of money was spent?
Whether property could be bought, sold or developed?
Make a move from a private entity to a public stock company?
Change to a different vender or relocate an operation of some type.
Stop paperwork to turn a current revocable trust into an irrevocable trust? Not be able to renegotiate a loan?

I’m sure there are more things of this nature that could be added to this list.

Even though it has been said that they were retired and no longer in business, we don’t know if Mr. or Mrs. D still had any controlling interest in a business; say as a silent partner, who would be able to influence a major decision that would effect a third party.

:moo:

Neal street murder, 9 miles from 3535 peachtree rd atlanta

3535 Peachtree is a shopping center called Lenox Marketplace across from Phipps Plaza. 3535 houses a Staples, LA Fitness, Target, Publix, and a UPS Store, where I am think York probably maintained a PO Box. Is it just east of Lenox Square. Makes people think you have a prestigious Peachtree Road/ Buckhead address. But it's really the UPS store, formerly known as Mail Boxes Etc.. Faux prestigious...you can fool some of the people some of the time...

Just a little local history and back story:
Neal Street (a few blocks from the GA Dome) is worlds apart from the Buckhead Lenox Square area of Atlanta.

However, on pondering things... the Buckhead area was quite different in the early 2000s than now. Buckhead was the core of the high end party & bar scene area for young professionals and wannabees. Lots of drugs and drinking and related activities. Got so bad, they bulldozed most of the bars and now it's "ritzy". At that time, the Neal Street area was a run down area and known for street drug dealing.

Montjoy, be sure to watch the video titled; 'Dwight "Malachi" York Ungodly Predator'. It has a younger Sheriff Sills, and other investigators participating in a power point presentation concerning the NC investigation, during an Ungodly book signing byOlinski. Bill Olkinski; Journalist, investigated Dwight York for over a decade. The NC was suspected of having drug robbery crews and of at least one assassination before moving their operation to Eatonton, GA.. Eyeopening..

Go to the Ungodly Predator and the many other videos at this link;
http://www.mashpedia.com/Dwight_York
Or the youtube video below..
The theory about the Nuwaubians, if you can call it a theory, has never really made any sense anyhow. It's been proposed that the Dermonds were murdered to taunt sheriff Sills, or perhaps as payback for grievances for which they believe Sills is responsible.

Sure, they're bad folks, and yes, they have had issues with Sills. But the theory very quickly falls apart:

-- what sort of a cult/terror group would attempt such a risky murder and then *not* claim responsibility for it?

-- if this was about a personal gripe with Sills, then why not do something to hurt Sills personally, like killing a family member or a friend, or for that matter, damaging his property, instead of killing people who were apparently virtual strangers to him, or at least not close to him at all?

Frankly, it just doesn't make sense, and (not to defend the Nuwaubians), but I think they're being treated collectively as a convenient bogeyman/scapegoat. This really is not something consistent with their past practices at all, either. For reference: http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/intelligence-files/groups/nuwaubian-nation-of-moors

Ungodly
Dwight "Malachi" York: Ungodly Predator - YouTube

No clue but that's why I was trying to figure out what kind of religious pendant he is wearing in the prison photos.

Yeah I looked at that mugshot again, only the chain shows, would LOVE to know whats on the other end of that necklaace

Hmmm, maybe Troy is an offspring of York, I did look at pics to see if any resemblance, maybe, maybe

Just pondering

OBE, I agree. I think Mr. Dermond was shot, and the killer used some kind of knife like the kind you said, one used for "dressing out" deer, to carry out the decapitation. Sheriff Sills said the killer is experienced with using this type of knife, and that whoever did his was experienced in "dressing out" deer or "other large animals". I think it's safe to say the killer is an experienced hunter. Do you think Sheriff Sills has a suspect in mind? I know he said he still doesn't have one, and I believe him, but I can't help but hope he really does have someone in mind. What is everyone's opinion on whether Sheriff Sills has someone he think's is good for these murders?

I would guess they have a profile, naturally, but there are so many NC members, who knows if it's one of them even not even related to the Sills case

I think they definitely are going to have to look outside the box and ALL angles should be investigated !

True that, this is only a discussion forum

:facepalm: Yes, we do seem to be going in circles !! <modsnip>

Imagine the perp(s) watching this case and their arogance and happiness that there are no leads, OR their false sense of security

Hoping and praying Sills has SOMETHING and that more court orders come in
just wonder WHO"S records they are following out of state, the children?

Any theories?

If at this point in time we are going to repeat theories, then I must vote for UNGAT as a first subject.

Oh yes, I saw Neal st on google

on another note, someone commented about, the peachtree st address, Assumed until further lurking around and thought that YORK LIVED in ATL, but that was the address he put on the UCC papers and it had route number in addtion to street address

thanks

Just a little local history and back story:
Neal Street (a few blocks from the GA Dome) is worlds apart from the Buckhead Lenox Square area of Atlanta.

However, on pondering things... the Buckhead area was quite different in the early 2000s than now. Buckhead was the core of the high end party & bar scene area for young professionals and wannabees. Lots of drugs and drinking and related activities. Got so bad, they bulldozed most of the bars and now it's "ritzy". At that time, the Neal Street area was a run down area and known for street drug dealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member