GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip>

For those who are not familiar with this expression -- to 'jump the shark' is defined as "reach a point at which far-fetched events are included merely for the sake of novelty, indicative of a decline in quality." As per Wikipedia, it is "used to describe the moment in the evolution of a television show when it begins a decline in quality, signaled by a particular scene, episode, or aspect of a show in which the writers use some type of "gimmick" in an attempt to keep viewers' interest." Its origin is from the episode of Happy Days, after the program had become a sad shell of itself, in which Fonzie (Arthur Fonzerelli) jumped a shark on water skis in an attempt to garner interest to a program that had exhausted all of its previous entertainment value.

Well played, Outlier.

rsbm --

Sheriff Sills has said that he's certain that the perps came by boat:

"Finding Shirley Dermond's body in the lake has convinced him that the couple's killers arrived at their home over the water: "Somebody came by boat for a fact.""

http://www.13wmaz.com/story/news/lo...ills-dermond-home-returned-to-family/9483813/

(Another reason why I don't think it was Nuwaubians impersonating LE.)

The date on the article was May 24. He's walked back a couple of theories since then, and it appears that some of his statements have been recycled.

The Dermonds, parents of two sons and a daughter and grandparents of nine, had in midlife run a string of Atlanta-area Hardee&#8217;s restaurants. They retired to an easygoing golfing community in an out-of-the-way pocket of largely rural Putnam County.

They lived on a tree-shrouded cul-de-sac. There was a guard shack at the edge of their Great Waters neighborhood, which sprawls along the lakeshore a dozen miles northeast of Eatonton. Their back windows overlook a quiet cove.

If they wanted seclusion, they&#8217;d found it.

Exclusivity, too.

Though it has not been built on, the lot next door to them -- a three-quarter-acre tract to the west of their similarly sized plot -- is owned by former R.E.M. bassist Mike Mills.

&#8220;It&#8217;s very peaceful,&#8221; Sills said, &#8220;and idyllic in many ways. The grounds are manicured immaculately. Even the mailboxes are the same.&#8221;

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2014/06/03/3130574/putnam-authorities-seeking-new.html#storylink=cpy

<MODSNIP>

Reference only...

Oh wow, that is exactly as I had imagined it when someone noticed the stairs on the back upper deck, they go down to the bottom level patio and then walk around to side porch and THEN around to the garage,

easy for someone to walk up to the patio under the decks, from the lake, totally unnoticed to side patio into garage, especially if door was open

WOW, should have had garage frontal to road, and that side patio is scary since the side lots are empty, but probalby wouldn't have been before all this ocurred,I feel like the sides of the houses are usually off limits for entertaining, just dead space, but they utilized all areas, there is no waste

NO, I think they took a surprise hit.....head is a souvenier

And it makes since, becuase a majority of the NC is screaming that Yorks character was defamed, lying to themselves about his sins and crimes, listen to that video I posted too, they are PIZZZZED off

So to defame or discredit Sills is probably more fun to them, the head would be a souvenier to them I'd speculate

It's hard to understand ANY criminal, this is very plausible, becuase there is a reason, I have more trouble understanding the crimes that have NO REASON, like there's a reason for murder..........not, but YGMD

<BBM for Focus>

Yes, Montjoy, I consider the Dermond abduction/murders/decapitation as retribution/punishment by the Nawaubian Cult a very plausible theory.

Retributive justice, is a theory of justice that considers proportionate punishment an acceptable response to crime. The NC Cult members feel strongly that their pedophile Prophet; Dwight 'Malachi' York, was Railroaded; wrongly accused, convicted, and sentenced to 135 years in Federal Super Max, and Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills is the white devil catalyst for the perceived conspiracy... The NC has continuously filed frivolous and groundless lawsuits and made death threats against Sheriff Sills, as well as his family for a decade or more.

All federal appeals have been exhausted for DY, and his followers have even attempted a failed ruse of forging official prison release papers for their leader.

The NC has Motive, Means, and Opportunity, imo..
The assassination of the Dermonds were committed by well trained malignant sadistic psychopaths. Psychopaths are very calculating, creative, manipulative, and deflective. Due to these traits, psychopaths often speak in riddles, imo...

RE: Why hasn't the NC claimed responsibility?
* The day isn't over yet....

* KD said that his parents murders were cult related. Imo, KD has much more info concerning the NC, to come to this conclusion...

* If an assassination or attempt had been made on Sheriff Sills, LE/Investigators would have zoned in on NC, due to the obvious, combined with the prior assassination of the NY liaison official in 1998..

* The well planned and executed abduction/murders/decapitation of the Dermands wasn't a taunt, but a horrific riddle laden crime whose meaning would only be known by the person of its intent; Sheriff Howard Sills, the Putnam County Justice system, and many in the community..

* The decapitation of RD was described by SS as being done by someone experienced in cutting the heads off of deer or other large animals. The NC property was zoned for agriculture/hunting preserve, and was 4/5 surrounded by the Oconee National Forest. Imo, due to food costs, the NC likely maintained a garden, raised, and butchered their own meats. Five hundred NC members are a lot of mouth$ to feed..

* The NC jailers(former Macon, GA Police officers) recruited inmates at the Clark County(Athens)correctional facility. Why?

* The FBI is assisting in the Dermond Investigation, as in the Nawaubian Investigation..

* The GBI has not been requested by SS to assist in the Dermond Investigation due to their Investigative conclusions in the NC investigation..

'For those who believe no proof is necessary and for those who disbelieve, no proof is possible'... Stuart Chase..

* Dwight "Malachi" York; Ungodly Predator
Dwight "Malachi" York: Ungodly Predator - YouTube

to imitate a true cove fisherman, jon boat, quiet trolling motor engaged just prior to arrival, I dont' think they'd have problems hauling a body on those, they aren't THAT small, they hold 4/6-12 and larger ones pretty wide IMO

That is SO SO SO sad to think that she may have endured watching her hubby killed and pray to God she didn't witness the rest, why hadn't she fainted? Oh god I would have died on the spot.

You know it does make sense the reason she was dumped is because she was taken alive

then there's they WHY, no atm's on the lake, no banks on the lake

What was the purpose?

I just feel like they were caught completely unawares and bludgeoned, I hope, better for them than the above theory IMO

Thank you. Excellent reference. I agree with Ocean Blue Eyes that the boat was small, such as a jon boat. Just like Scott Peterson used to dispose of Lacy. A big boat such as a pontoon boat would be harder to maneuver into the cove where the Dermonds' pier and boat launch was located. A small boat with a small motor/trolling motor quiet and not likely to be spotted on the neighbor's camera. I, too, like a lot of you, go back and forth between one or two perps. I think one person could have accomplished it, but Sills has said at least two perps. Again, the perp may have used two different weapons to "mislead" investigators. I think someone (treelights ? tomcat ? OBE ? Foxfire) was right when they said the perp was smart. I am thinking this guy ain't no dummy either.

I also believe Ocean Blue Eyes is correct about Mrs. Dermond being alive, but bound and gagged when taken to the boat - if she was even able to walk at that point after all she must have endured. This is where I sway between one or two perps. Two perps could have carried her if she resisted walking.

OBE, I agree. I think Mr. Dermond was shot, and the killer used some kind of knife like the kind you said, one used for "dressing out" deer, to carry out the decapitation. Sheriff Sills said the killer is experienced with using this type of knife, and that whoever did his was experienced in "dressing out" deer or "other large animals". I think it's safe to say the killer is an experienced hunter. Do you think Sheriff Sills has a suspect in mind? I know he said he still doesn't have one, and I believe him, but I can't help but hope he really does have someone in mind. What is everyone's opinion on whether Sheriff Sills has someone he think's is good for these murders?

I missed all of you today.:seeya: Been outside most of the day baking my little brain again.:floorlaugh:

I wish I could say with certainty that I feel sure he has a suspect in mind, Solitaryone, but I am not sure he does. Its really hard to say either way.

In someway I would think he would want to apply pressure and say he at least had a POI in mind.

But then on the other hand if he does have someone in mind he may want to keep the line of communication open in case he has talked with this person or persons before.

JMO

well, well, I dont' think there is anything left that the NC couldn't accomplish in regards to this crime, puzzle pieces are going in one by one, VERY interesting!!

I know they are quite capable, still somewhat open to other theories but the ones with a reason makes more sense to me

:goodpost::star2::star2::star2::star2::star2:

Respectfully bolded by me regarding the experience of the NC in dressing large animals such as deer. I am thinking these people probably dressed and beheaded plenty of goats too. I don't know why goats popped into my head, but we eat goat here in the south. Some people consider it a delicacy.

#2 respectfully bolded by me tells me the NC have law enforcement experience and I have NO DOUBT the NC could and would impersonate an officer.

The date on the article was May 24. He's walked back a couple of theories since then, and it appears that some of his statements have been recycled.

That's true, Razz and that is really how investigations work. They evolve as time passes when more things are learned.

Now he is only sure they left by boat to take Shirley out into the deep water to dispose. He is no longer certain they arrived by boat to gain access to the property.

IMO

Thank you. Excellent reference. I agree with Ocean Blue Eyes that the boat was small, such as a jon boat. Just like Scott Peterson used to dispose of Lacy. A big boat such as a pontoon boat would be harder to maneuver into the cove where the Dermonds' pier and boat launch was located. A small boat with a small motor/trolling motor quiet and not likely to be spotted on the neighbor's camera. I, too, like a lot of you, go back and forth between one or two perps. I think one person could have accomplished it, but Sills has said at least two perps. Again, the perp may have used two different weapons to "mislead" investigators. I think someone (treelights ? tomcat ? OBE ? Foxfire) was right when they said the perp was smart. I am thinking this guy ain't no dummy either.

I also believe Ocean Blue Eyes is correct about Mrs. Dermond being alive, but bound and gagged when taken to the boat - if she was even able to walk at that point after all she must have endured. This is where I sway between one or two perps. Two perps could have carried her if she resisted walking.

Thank you. Please call me, Ocean. :)

Also from what I read earlier in the area where they live one can only idle their boat when they are in that inlet. So even if they slowly eased out quietly it would be no different than any other boat leaving the area.

I still think there was only one perp. I think Shirley was praying she could change his mind about killing her too. No one gives up hope until all hope is lost and wants very much to stay alive. So I think she endured the walk he made her take down to the boat.

I still wonder though if he lied to her and told her he wasn't going to hurt her and was just taking her for ransom. All along knowing of course he was going to kill her just like he did Russ.:(

IMO

This rules out the family for me . . . . unless it was dumb and dumber.

Mr. Dermond's head was taken for:
1. Self preservation - weapon/bullet still in the skull and could perp could be identified.

2. To send a message to the GW/RP community as a whole that "you people" are not as safe as you think you are - even with your fancy guard gate and cameras - you are still a target.

3. To send a message to the family specifically. And we all know the family didn't hang around very long at all. Got the heck out of RP/GW and Eatonton, Georgia faster than you can say Nuwaubian Nation Cult and Dwight York.

OFF TOPIC: But every time I type Nuwaubian, I think of Nubian goats.

That is what I have said all along. Family involvement doesn't make a lick of sense and these people aren't stupid by any means.

It is commonly known that the lack of a body and a person only classified as missing slows the estate down by many years. By the time it was finally finalized there was a good chance that both of them would have passed away from natural causes by then since they were already close to 90.

I truly think they were a very close loving family which makes it all the more tragic that the children have lost both of their parents at the same time due to crossing paths with a monster.

JMO

Bottom left 23x24 lilac area. See the right side that says what is what. Seeing this was the first time I had realized they had a porch off to the left in the plan. And turn it around...us from viewing from the lake we can see there must be a porch off to the right side looking at the house from the lake, which was never shown in any media photos imho. Off the master? Off the great room? Off both?

HTH

ETA: The top of the floor plans is TOWARDS the lake.

Huge help, thanks so much!

Oh wow, that is exactly as I had imagined it when someone noticed the stairs on the back upper deck, they go down to the bottom level patio and then walk around to side porch and THEN around to the garage,

easy for someone to walk up to the patio under the decks, from the lake, totally unnoticed to side patio into garage, especially if door was open

WOW, should have had garage frontal to road, and that side patio is scary since the side lots are empty, but probalby wouldn't have been before all this ocurred,I feel like the sides of the houses are usually off limits for entertaining, just dead space, but they utilized all areas, there is no waste

NO, I think they took a surprise hit.....head is a souvenier

I too think they took a surprise hit. Lakefront living is very laid back and relaxing.

Who among them would have EVER expected this! This was merciless!

A monster came upon these good people. A very smart, cunning, calculating, lucky monster!

Now we watch and wait for Sheriff Sills to hunt them out. God's Speed!

Images posted without links will be removed. :tos:

O/T

ID Channel RIGHT NOW has the Bashara Case on that I was talking about earlier. FYI eastern time. I put out the Dateline show, but this ID channel is new show?

OT but I wanted to let you guys know that I found white shrimp at Brookshire's. It is called Louisiana White Shrimp here. Haven't bought any yet, but probably will tomorrow. Thanks you guys for turning me on to a new food. ty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13