:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

mercy and some will argue..........that was in 2006

shows they are alive and well, looong after the putnam county incident
Just an FYI;

Lawyer: Client given cult literature
by Joe Johnson Athens(Clark County)
http://wwrn.org/articles/22348/?&section=nuwaubian-nation

<snipped - read more>
August 4, 2006) Athens, USA - A Clarke County sheriff's deputy distributed cult literature to inmates..

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

mercy and some will argue..........that was in 2006

shows they are alive and well, looong after the putnam county incident

<BBM for Focus>

Yes tomkat, some will say; that was in 2006, it is now 8 years later. Guess, my rebuttal would be; the first NYC Trade Center bombing was in 1993, and the next bombing was in 2001, 8 years later.. I never ever mis-underestimate psychopaths.. Many have the unique ability to confuse even the most experienced homicide investigators, as is Sheriff Sills, imo..

With each passing day I become more and more convinced that the perp/s involved in the Dermond murders are forensically and investigative aware, and likely have had some type of law enforcement training and background...
Can't put my finger on why I feel this way. Been feeling this way for several weeks now.. Maybe it is the combination of indicators; professional/amateur, the cameras not functioning at the security gate house, and the obvious intent by the unknown suspects to cause confusion in the investigation...JMO

We're on the main channel so we have boats that troll right by the dock too. You could literally shake hands with the person in the boat. At night, a boat that close to my dock would make me very uncomfortable; especially now.
I know people who get really angry about that. One person we know, on Sinclair, says if the line hits his dock, he cuts it.

If you are on FB, read the descriptions about this loud boat on the LS page. One person said the boat kept making turns and then took off toward Milledgeville; no lights at all. The comments about the boat were in response to a lady who said they had been out on the lake and came home to find people docked and hanging out on their lawn. Sheesh! The original comment was on June 9 at 6:44pm. Responses at 9:46pm & June 10 at 8:01am.

I was reading over at the Lake Sinclair FB page and a poster there said on June 13th that there have been a rash of home break-ins on the lake recently, even one in broad daylight during the afternoon. How far is Lake Sinclair from Lake Oconee?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/37530308525/?ref=ts&fref=ts

From the outset, certain circumstances in this case had me wondering.

From the first I thought it was somewhat miraculous that this couple had the great fortune to reach almost 90 years of age with both still enjoying such good health and living such active and independent lives. My wife and I thought it remarkable since we could think of no couples that even approached that level of long life and independence. It was also interesting that they were seen by others as being much younger than their years, some even saying it was thought they were in their 60’s. When their true ages were revealed at death others were surprised at how old they really were. And wasn’t it wonderful that Mrs. Dermond gave birth to a daughter when she was close to 40 years of age? For educated business people, having another child at that age seemed at least, a little unusual.

And considering how much time and effort we expend taking care of our property inside and out, we thought it close to impossible for such a couple to maintain a 3500 square foot house with an acre of fancy landscaping on a sloping piece on ground without quite a bit of help. With our modest house, it’s nearly hopeless to keep up with the dust and bathrooms. Mrs. Dermond must have been a truly amazing lady.

It appeared certainly that they had an idyllic life there, living in the safety of a remote and protected property, both having unusually good health and being so active, and having such young grandchildren.

Then for such a terrible and unbelievable thing to happen. How could it be?

Mrs. Dermond’s body is found in the lake two weeks later, fully clothed. Cause of Death is noted. Mr. Dermond’s headless corpse is left in plain sight at the home. Why would the killer have dealt with each so differently, one being removed from the home and one being left in the home. Why weren’t both bodies put in the lake? Could it be that the killer’s purpose all along was to let the world know what was done to Mr. Dermond? Is it possible that Mrs. Dermond’s corpse might never have been found while Mr. Dermond’s couldn’t be missed?

Yes, it's a combination of mysteries. Will it ever be solved?

:tyou: Very well said Nuvolari, I have wondered that throughout this whole baffling case, just why? I hope this crime will be solved but I wonder as some crimes go unsolved which is sad. I really love this website and everyone's opinions that I do read! Webslueths is the best!

Wow. Very interesting. And the body is not very well concealed is it? Thanks. jmo

Anyone that kept up with that trial knows that Mark Garegos played fast and loose in that trial. He even tried to blame it on homeless people and a cult. I guess both had a boat and a vehicle since she was found in the SF bay 85 miles from Modesto where they lived. The SF bay is where Scott had gone fishing the very same day that Laci went missing.: MGs little antics became quite entertaining.:lol:

Here is the key factor why the re-enactment didn't work.

The video below is the unsuccessful reenactment attempted by Scott's defense. Did we really expect him to turn in a re-enactment that worked? LOL! Of course not. He really thought the Judge was stupid and would fall for such biased nonsense.

The Judge was no fool and that is why he didn't let MG enter it during the trial. Anyone can set a re-enactment up to fail especially if it is in their best interest to do so.

The jury got up inside the boat themselves and were convinced she was thrown overboard into the water from the Jon boat.

Back then several posters who had Jon boats themselves and they did their own re-enactments........no problem getting them inside of the boat and no problem with their husbands picking them up and throwing off the side of the boat in the water either. Some even made fake bodies weighing around a 160 pounds when they did the re-enactment.

IMO

Social media has become one of the most important investigative tools available today for progressive Law Enforcement Agencies when solving crimes.

Although the wheels of justice turn very slowly. Facebook has been available to the general public, organizations, and businesses since 2007. Other SM came later, twitter, etc. Many LEAs have chosen to ignore this very valuable investigative resource.
We are now in the age of communications. Virtually everyone has a cell phone which is synonymous to a security camera across the landscape of America.

The Putnam County Sheriffs Department does not have a Facebook Page, nor utilize social media.. Why not?

Police Embrace Social Media
http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/30/tech/social-media/fighting-crime-social-media/index.html

Hi, my first post here, so I'm a little nervous. For the sake of argument, assume that SD's body was not moved by a jon boat, but instead by one of the more expensive boats that many residents in GW must own. To what extent would that person later go to clean their boat? Are there detailing shops around Lake Oconne that specialize in boats? Would LE have checked in with them to see who brought boats in shortly after the murders? I know nothing about boats, certainly had no idea that the owners would tow them to a detailing shop. But on May 13th I was stopped at a light in a run-down section of a town (about 1 hr south of Putnam Co.) and saw a very expensive looking boat on a trailer at an auto detailing shop. A man who obviously did not belong in that neighborhood was talking to the owner. NO, I'm not suggesting this was the murderer as towing a boat out of GW for over an hour and back in again would obviously arouse suspicion. Just expressing surprise that people have their boats detailed. If a GW resident was the murderer, would they likely have done the same with their own boat? Of course after first hosing off any obvious blood themselves. And would detailing shops be something LE would have looked at? Okay, sorry for such a wordy first post.

:wagon: :welcome:

I agree with OceanBlueEyes - they didn't want her body found. I find this the most baffling part. Why not just leave her there? That's why I said before that I think just MAYBE he (or they) may have started out thinking they would put them in garbage bags and take them off the property? Just a possibility and thinking out loud. Lord, please do not let these fiends get away!

Has anybody considered that by her dissappearance, the perp/perps wanted people to think she did this to her husband?

I was reading over at the Lake Sinclair FB page and a poster there said on June 13th that there have been a rash of home break-ins on the lake recently, even one in broad daylight during the afternoon. How far is Lake Sinclair from Lake Oconee?

straight down pea ridge to twin bridges, both sides of Hwy 441

googled it, 12-20 minutes depending on what part of sinclair you are on, havent driven up there, tho, YET

by water, not possible, by road, too close, especially given, the common factor of the lakes

oh and I also saw the break in link you mention, lakeshore not far from me, will google it, glad you reminded me, been out of touch and tenants calling back to back

makes me think of the boat I saw, DUH! my brain fails me at times LOL

OH CRAP, there are two lakeshores, one directly across from me, thought it was northshore !!!!!!, that's where those fishermen were, WHO DO I CALL? DNR OR LE??????

thanks yall, I just reported this incident, about the suspicious boat with lights on the lakeshore rd shoreline

googled it, 12-20 minutes depending on what part of sinclair you are on, havent driven up there, tho, YET

by water, not possible, by road, too close, especially given, the common factor of the lakes

oh and I also saw the break in link you mention, lakeshore not far from me, will google it, glad you reminded me, been out of touch and tenants calling back to back

OH CRAP, there are two lakeshores, one directly across from me, thought it was northshore !!!!!!, that's where those fishermen were, WHO DO I CALL? DNR OR LE??????

Call them both!!!! Let us know the outcome.

Per your girlfriend's suggestion about fascination over a movie or a movie series, The Walking Dead comes to my mind. The story is good but oh the graphic gore and the deacapitations are too much for me. Not a similar plot at all but I have wondered about desensitization with certain types of viewers.

Yeah, that is the most difficult thing about it being tied to a movie or a series. There are so many of them out there, where would you start ?? You have Criminal Minds", The entire CSI-series, Law and Order series, Dexter, and untold numbers of slasher flicks, serial killer flicks, Friday the 13th themed movies, etc.

MT's theory was that someone who was infatuated with an episode or a movie that EXACTLY mimicked this crime, lived in the area or boated in the area, and had possibly had a dialogue with the Dermonds somewhere along the way, even if while just fishing around their dock or doing labor in the area. This may well be the perp everybody is looking for.

The fact that this crime has been so puzzling and senseless in so many ways, also leads one to believe that the motive itself may be just as senseless and bizarre.

Has anybody considered that by her dissappearance, the perp/perps wanted people to think she did this to her husband?

IMO that's what the perp wanted everyone to think, but how stupid can he/she be? This couple had been married for over 60 yrs. and probably planned to spend out their remaining days together. She was according to reports, was a very kind and intelligent lady..not the type to chop off her husband's head and run away on foot...no cars were gone and they didn't have a boat. I still believe this was someone locally who had a bad attitude, a bad disagreement, and a nasty taste for vengeance.

IIRC, those happened in Hancock County?
It was ranked as the poorest county in Georgia. I don't know currently where it stands. The town, Sparta, is like being in another world. I have never seen anything like it. High taxes and evidently few services. However, there are a lot of nice lake homes and you can usually purchase for less. :moo:

Thanks tomcat! Yes, IIRC the poster on the Sinclair facebook said that there had been at least 3 break-ins (one in the afternoon),and if you read further down that page, there have been car break-ins reported as well.

I think should call both the DNR and LE and report the strange boat activity that you saw. The Lake Sinclair residents on the FB page have been calling LE reporting the "loud boat without lights" that they've been hearing on Lake Sinclair at night.

Stay safe, tomkat.

I wonder if Mrs. Dermond's bridge partners have any grandchildren living with them or who visit frequently. Not accusing anyone, just curious about who the Dermond's could know who would be capable of doing this to them. Would the bridge partners live in GW also?

I hope Sheriff Sills gives more info soon.

Social media has become one of the most important investigative tools available today for progressive Law Enforcement Agencies when solving crimes.

Although the wheels of justice turn very slowly. Facebook has been available to the general public, organizations, and businesses since 2007. Other SM came later, twitter, etc. Many LEAs have chosen to ignore this very valuable investigative resource.
We are now in the age of communications. Virtually everyone has a cell phone which is synonymous to a security camera across the landscape of America.

The Putnam County Sheriffs Department does not have a Facebook Page, nor utilize social media.. Why not?

Police Embrace Social Media
http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/30/tech/social-media/fighting-crime-social-media/index.html

I wish they did have one. Behind the times, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME