GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning - and happy holiday! Want to say to anyone on here who has served our country, thank you for your courage and bravery. I am truly grateful.
Reading over last night's posts, and it occurred to me that I do find it strange that the cameras were not working that particular weekend at LO (or GW). I hope they are looking into that, when did they stop working, could the Nubes have infiltrated the security there? Who has access to that system? At first, I didn't think anything of that, but I know it would have been at the top of my hitlist of things to take care of if I was head of security there..? On the other hand, if whoever did this lived there and knew the cameras were out, that would be his chance to go there. Somebody talk!!

I concur happyshoes! Happy 4th hope everyone had a great day celebrating our freedom and thanking those in our hearts who are giving and gave the ultimate sacrifice for us! The camera situation has seemed odd to me as well and I've wondered , I apologize if it's been mentioned & discussed already, so many who have home security alarms have video monitoring cameras inside the house as well and I wondered if Mr & Mrs Dermonds did or not? I know my boss has housekeepers she keeps an eye on while they're cleaning her house through her cameras attached to the alarm system. Then I think like others that whomever did this horrible thing didn't come in the house. Just can not understand why? Man to live to their age and to have this happen makes no sense : ( still praying for justice and an arrest but I just don't know.

Sorry, didn't mean to get so far off topic. I will reply and we can move on.
Yes, I am serious. The county office workers got a raise in the past year when one of county commissioners found out the county employees were having to apply for food stamps and help with heating. The deputies make a little more for being willing to risk their lives every day. Again, let me say that I am NOT talking about Putnam Co.

DAMIFINO, without knowing which GA county you are referring too, it is difficult to discuss starting pay, etc... My opinions are virtually synonymous with Dennis N Griffin; true crime author and Crime Wire host.. Guess, he says it much better than I ever could...

Dealing with the System 06/28/2014
http://www.dennisngriffin.biz/#!Dealing-With-The-System/c1q8z/6B4E7B6C-85D9-4FCF-AF51-C4D64773412D
Deputy Sheriff Salary in Georgia
http://www.indeed.com/salary/q-Deputy-Sheriff-l-Georgia.html
http://www.lawenforcementedu.net/deputy-sheriff/deputy-sheriff-salary/

While there is considerable variation in the annual salary that deputy sheriffs around the country earn, base salaries generally range between $34,000 and $64,000 for full-time sheriff’s patrol officers and deputies.

The data in this table shows the average hourly wages earned by deputy sheriffs who responded to a U.S. Department of Labor survey conducted in May 2011.

Dang, at first glance, I thought the headline below meant "to the public" (thus to us)! Should have known better, but it fooled me for a second.

Phone records released in Dermond slayings on Lake Oconee

Two months after a Putnam County couple was slain on Lake Oconee, investigators are forging a new front in the investigation.

Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills said Russell and Shirley Dermond’s phone records have just been released to investigators....

...Although an anonymous tip came in Wednesday, the phones have stopped ringing from those spouting wild theories and psychic clues.

Sills said they eliminated several suspects early on and are focusing on pulling strings of newer information, such as the phone records, to see if they can help unravel the case....

more at: http://www.macon.com/2014/07/04/3182871/phone-records-released-in-dermond.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1

O/T: This new forum setup is, well, ummm, a little different, huh? So far I've encountered nothing I think I can't get used to. But, right now -- I think my brain hurts.

Dang, at first glance, I thought the headline below meant "to the public" (thus to us)! Should have known better, but it fooled me for a second.

more at: http://www.macon.com/2014/07/04/3182871/phone-records-released-in-dermond.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1

O/T: This new forum setup is, well, ummm, a little different, huh? So far I've encountered nothing I don't think I can't get used to. But, right now -- I think my brain hurts.

O/T: I hear you! This setup is dizzying. Very difficult to scroll and read. I wish they had left the forum the way it was. :(

Been reading the comments on a 05/17/2014 WSB TV - Dermond Murders article.. about 300 total..interesting..

Comments & Photos
https://www.facebook.com/wsbtv/photos/a.313326575694.184845.10505090694/10152514024835695/?type=1

Investigators: Shirley Dermond died of blunt force trauma
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/source-investigators-find-body-putnam-county/nfyK5/

"This is most definitely a homicide."

The Putnam County Sheriff gave an update after the body of 87-year-old Shirley Dermond was found in Lake Oconee today.

Foxfire---you and I are definitely the night owls of the group! Or you may live in Alaska! You do a great job of keeping us informed.

For the technology challenged WS, such as myself, the new format is upsetting, but I will hang in there, and get used to it.

My sister, who is a criminologist, is visiting me this weekend. I was telling her about this thread and how frustrated everyone was about the lack of progress in solving this crime. She had heard about it, and before I could give her my take on it, she said, they need to look at the f-----.

Hope all of you are enjoying your weekend and staying dry.

BTW, what happened to our smilies???

IMHO

Looks like the forum went back in time!! :escape:

I don't think that either of the Dermonds were killed at home. I think they were lured or forced onto a boat by the perp and taken somewhere familiar to the perp. Decapatation takes time and effort so the perp went somewhere he knew he would be undetected for at least a few hours.

I think that the perp disposed of Ms. Dermond on a return boat trip and then placed Mr. Dermond in the garage.

The decapatation aspect might be key here...I think that if it was a murder for hire that the person who ordered the hit to be done requested Mr Russell be decapitated specifically or if it was a revenge killing that the main source of the perps rage was Mr Duncan. It could have been done as a message/threat to someone else.

Just checking in hoping that somebody might be heading to :jail:

Sorry to see that hasn't happen yet.

Hope everyone had a :happy4th:

I'm surprised that Sheriff Sills and LE are just now getting the phone records. The article says they were "just released to investigators". Why did it take almost 2 months for the phone records to be released? Couldn't the family have signed a release to expedite the process?

" Two months after a Putnam County couple was slain on Lake Oconee, investigators are forging a new front in the investigation.

Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills said Russell and Shirley Dermond’s phone records have just been released to investigators.

Sills requested the records shortly after Russell Dermond’s decapitated body was found in his garage May 6. Shirley Dermond’s body was found in the lake May 16.

Both were killed by some sort of head injury, autopsies determined.

Now investigators are combing the phone logs in hopes of identifying a suspect in the killings."

<snip>

Why does this article say the murders happened around May 3rd, when it's been stated the murders occured on May 2nd?

"Although the evidence pointed to the slayings happening around May 3, community interest runs high two months later."

<snip>

I wonder what the anonymous tip was, and if it will help the investigation? It doesn't sound like a real lead, but who knows?

"Although an anonymous tip came in Wednesday, the phones have stopped ringing from those spouting wild theories and psychic clues.

Sills said they eliminated several suspects early on and are focusing on pulling strings of newer information, such as the phone records, to see if they can help unravel the case."

<snip> More at link.

http://www.macon.com/2014/07/04/3182871/phone-records-released-in-dermond.html?sp=/99/100/&ihp=1

Foxfire---you and I are definitely the night owls of the group! Or you may live in Alaska! You do a great job of keeping us informed.

For the technology challenged WS, such as myself, the new format is upsetting, but I will hang in there, and get used to it.

My sister, who is a criminologist, is visiting me this weekend. I was telling her about this thread and how frustrated everyone was about the lack of progress in solving this crime. She had heard about it, and before I could give her my take on it, she said, they need to look at the f-----.

IMHO

TY for the kind words wilderbeest.. Yep, foxes are nocturnal.... How long has your sister been a criminologist? The statistics would likely indicate her theory/opinion. I don't put a lot of faith in statistics though.. jmo, I feel that many statistics are highly inaccurate guess-timates, at best. An example is the number of serial killers active at any one time in the US is estimated at about 50 by the FBI BAU. I have to throw the BS flag on this very low estimate/number. There is likely that many serial killers active in Chicago. IL ant any given time..

In 2004, the FBI began the Long Haul Truckers Highway Serial Killings initiative.. (Why did it take Three Decades for the FBI BAU to figure this out?)
During the past three decades, at least 459 people may have died at the hands of highway serial killers, FBI statistics show. Investigators do not know how many people may be responsible for the killings...

(scroll down & see US Victim map at link)

http://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2009/april/highwayserial_040609
Highway Serial Killings
New Initiative on an Emerging Trend 04/06/2009(Note it has been 5+ years since these numbers have been updated by the FBI)

FBI BAU ViCAP analysts have created a national matrix of more than 500 murder victims from along or near highways, as well as a list of some 200 potential suspects. Names of suspects&#8212;contributed by law enforcement agencies&#8212;are examined by analysts who develop timelines using a variety of reliable sources of information.
<snipped - read more>

IMHO

I found the smilies while in the "Reply" box along the top of it. There's a small box with a smilie face in it next to the box with the A. The new format is jarring. It's going to take awhile to get used to this.

Just checking in hoping that somebody might be heading to :jail:

Sorry to see that hasn't happen yet.

Hope everyone had a :happy4th:

Hey Shadow of my mind, good to see you here! Still waiting for an arrest, <big sigh> :bang head: Where is the banging head icon??

I hope you and everyone here had a great 4th of July!

Hey Shadow of my mind, good to see you here! Still waiting for an arrest, <big sigh> :bang head: Where is the banging head icon??

I hope you and everyone here had a great 4th of July!

<BBM for Focus>

Guess, the banging head wall was sent out for repair...:drumroll:

:rumor::secret: But something is :fishy: about this whole case!!!

Personal....to who??? The Dermonds?? The community?? The family?? The perp?? Personal to WHO???

Dermonds knew the perp or perps.... well that's typically the case, but how well? In what way?

Then I read an article earlier while trying to figure out the forum, and Sills stated that he would have to talk to everyone the Dermonds knew. REALLY? How?? I mean if they were teens, sure, they probably didn't know that many folks. But a couple in their 80's and EVERYONE they knew??? That would take a lifetime!!! **some yellow box keeps popping up saying auto saved...cool!**

Phone records TWO MONTHS LATER!!! NO way!!! HOW could that be??? FBI is on the case and couldn't get phone records before TWO MONTHS??? Well heck, how long is email accounts, or any footprint on the net going to take???

I'm going back to my original theory. Keeping it simple stupid. Targeted couple for either some dealings in the past, or current dealings. Not one thing missing from the home except Mr. Dermond's head, and Mrs. Dermond. No robbery. Though I did see a case about a hidden safe in the home on ID either night before last or last night. There was several MILLION dollars in that safe!! The couple stated they didn't have a safe, but it was 3 or more robbers, and one kept a gun pointed while the others ransacked the home and found the safe. BUT....no ransacking in the Dermond case!!!

:tantrum:

Sorry, didn't mean to get so far off topic. I will reply and we can move on.
Yes, I am serious. The county office workers got a raise in the past year when one of county commissioners found out the county employees were having to apply for food stamps and help with heating. The deputies make a little more for being willing to risk their lives every day. Again, let me say that I am NOT talking about Putnam Co.

Maybe it's not off topic, they were checking their own shoe prints. -- i have lake boater friends, --way north--but ----up here --there are people that use the holiday homes as motels, they are even tidy, they use the the available boats, and do B&Es. ...My friends while boating till dark,-- have lost their way home (often)--they lived on a little inlet......jmo,,, it is someone that is very familiar and very confident with lake knowledge--- better than most..and a lot of energy was put in the placing of Shirley, jmo, i think body was placed in middle of emmersed trees, that would take a skinny boat. And it would of been a good fishing place, from what i have learn'd about crappie..I do wonder if SS is the target, and the Dermonds were just easy jmo

DAMIFINO, without knowing which GA county you are referring too, it is difficult to discuss starting pay, etc... My opinions are virtually synonymous with Dennis N Griffin; true crime author and Crime Wire host.. Guess, he says it much better than I ever could...

Dealing with the System 06/28/2014
http://www.dennisngriffin.biz/#!Dealing-With-The-System/c1q8z/6B4E7B6C-85D9-4FCF-AF51-C4D64773412D
Deputy Sheriff Salary in Georgia
http://www.indeed.com/salary/q-Deputy-Sheriff-l-Georgia.html
http://www.lawenforcementedu.net/deputy-sheriff/deputy-sheriff-salary/

While there is considerable variation in the annual salary that deputy sheriffs around the country earn, base salaries generally range between $34,000 and $64,000 for full-time sheriff’s patrol officers and deputies.

The data in this table shows the average hourly wages earned by deputy sheriffs who responded to a U.S. Department of Labor survey conducted in May 2011.

Thanks, I 'll pass that on to my LE friends.

:rumor::secret: But something is :fishy: about this whole case!!!

Personal....to who??? The Dermonds?? The community?? The family?? The perp?? Personal to WHO???

Dermonds knew the perp or perps.... well that's typically the case, but how well? In what way?

Then I read an article earlier while trying to figure out the forum, and Sills stated that he would have to talk to everyone the Dermonds knew. REALLY? How?? I mean if they were teens, sure, they probably didn't know that many folks. But a couple in their 80's and EVERYONE they knew??? That would take a lifetime!!! **some yellow box keeps popping up saying auto saved...cool!**

Phone records TWO MONTHS LATER!!! NO way!!! HOW could that be??? FBI is on the case and couldn't get phone records before TWO MONTHS??? Well heck, how long is email accounts, or any footprint on the net going to take???

I'm going back to my original theory. Keeping it simple stupid. Targeted couple for either some dealings in the past, or current dealings. Not one thing missing from the home except Mr. Dermond's head, and Mrs. Dermond. No robbery. Though I did see a case about a hidden safe in the home on ID either night before last or last night. There was several MILLION dollars in that safe!! The couple stated they didn't have a safe, but it was 3 or more robbers, and one kept a gun pointed while the others ransacked the home and found the safe. BUT....no ransacking in the Dermond case!!!

:tantrum:
RE: Personal....to who??? The Dermonds?? The community?? The family?? The perp?? Personal to WHO???

Personal to who? Ya can't get any more personal than the High Sheriff; Putnam County Sheriff Howard Sills, imo..

We have all heard the sayings; Can't see the forest for the trees, and many paths lead to the same destination..

Dwight Malachi York and the NC are masters of manipulation, deflection, creativity, and calculation...
If you consider the resulting effects on RP/GW, lake oconee, and the entire Putnam county community since the Dermond abduction/murders/decapitation. This backlash was no accident, but a shell game of sorts, with the preconceived results of a well thought out, planned, and meticulously executed mission by well trained and experienced assassins, imo. Sheriff Sills has stated on more than one occasion that the Dermonds were targeted and that this horrific crime was personal..

Imo, Sheriff Howard Sills, doesn't realize just how personal this is, and that he was the actual intended target. Or does he?

Requesting the GBI's assistance will not minimize Sheriff Sills authority or remove him as the lead investigator in the investigation. The GBI only assists the GA Sheriffs when invited in on investigations. They do not take over the case.. Sheriff Sills is aware of this GBI policy..

The reason that the GBI did not assist in the Dwight Malachi York/Nawaubian Cult investigation was due to the refusal by the then GA Governor Roy Barnes, for political reasons...

Imo, there are only two probable reasons for Sheriff Sills' decision not to request the assistance of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation(GBI);

* Ego
* He suspected retribution by the NC/DMY followers as the motive for the Dermond murders from day one of the investigation...

"There are certain clues at a crime scene which by their very nature do not lend themselves to being collected or examined. How's one to collect love, rage, hatred, fear...?" James Reese

http://gbi.georgia.gov/
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation (GBI) is an independent, statewide agency that provides assistance to the state's criminal justice system.

http://issuu.com/meg11hour/docs/macon10-7-10/22
Cult leader duped politicians

F. Maxwell Wood, U.S. attorney for Georgia's middle district, called his office's prosecution of York "without a doubt the most significant and powerful case I ever prosecuted."

In an interview with the Daily Report, Wood said that York's cult and the criminal activities that it engendered "was an incredible instance of an individual manipulating large numbers of people".

www.nuwaubianfacts.com/2007Jul27.htm
Jul 27, 2007 - Dwight "Malachi" York was a false prophet, a psychotic , a con ... "Among the dupes," Osinski writes, "were a mayor of New York and a governor of Georgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME