GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the book (Ungodly...) and plan to read it soon since I know very little about the history of the NC. Since "Malachi" York is in prison, who has taken his place as leader among the still active members? Typically, cult members are like sheep, and need a herder to guide them. IMO, SS has left us all in the dust ...he knows much more than we give him credit for... at this point.

Thought this interesting sothernmimi; I ordered the Ungodly hardback book from Amazon on June 19, 2014 for $11.51. The price has now increased to; 20 Used from $20.14
9 New from $29.95..
_______

June 19, 2014
UnGodly: A True Story of Unprecedented Evil 1: UnGodly: A True Story of Unprecedented Evil
By: Bill Osinski
Condition: New - Hardback $11.51

Greetings sleuthers, and special thanks to Foxfire for all his info/input. I haven't had anything to add to this sad story but am still hopeful every day that SS has something to go on. The recent case about a kidnapping has been bothering me (the one in SC two hours from Eatonton). I can almost understand how someone went off on Mr. D, but WHY take Mrs. D to the lake? If she was struck at the house, why take her body? I have a hard time thinking someone planned this in such a particular way ("I'm going to do this to this person, and this to the other..?") I know it threw the investigation off course, but was that the original plan? Totally frustrating!

<BBM for Focus>

Thank you for the kind words, happyshoes...
Mrs D was likely taken as a hostage/shield, in case the perp/s boat was stopped by DNR for a boat safety/BUI check. Once they were near the boat ramp and their vehicle, Mrs D was of no use for them, this is likely when she met her fate... Jmo..

I don't think many of your read this link, so I am re-posting it. Foxfire is way adamant about NC. As a local it is a faaaaar stretch. The link above is every bit as plausible as this mysterious, unclaimed revenge scheme. He (FF), in particular, ignores local reports about business a usual around these parts. When I get the real estate transaction numbers for June, I will share them is anybody here is interested, One 2 person team at Reynolds Plantation realty sold $1.7 million in RE in June. That's only a small fraction of area sales. My RE friends say that for two weeks after the murders, they were inundated with calls about the event. Now, only a few of their clients are even aware of it.

God forbid, but it would take a series of atrocities to permanently damage the community.
As you dudes say, JMO

I did read the article and it was about drugs; like the other case (NC) was an ordered kidnapping from prison regarding the ADA who put him away. There was a motive in each case. I can only think $ was the motive here. I don't think any of us know anything for sure except that somebody wanted them gone. What else could it be if not money? I think it's a stretch, too, for the cult to be responsible but I respect everybody's input. Hope we get an update soon. Just so sad.

The grisly murder of Pastor Carol Daniels in 2009 is an Oklahoma cold case that I had been following before the Dermond murders. There is a lot of similarities, yet many differences in the two cases. Comparing the two cases got me to thinking. In PCD's case, her remains were drenched with chemicals and her clothes removed by the perp to eliminate forensic evidence. It was also determined that her body had been moved due to postmortem lividity(settling of the blood in the lower portion of the body)..
Seems that there would also be obvious signs if Mr D's torso had been moved, and if the motive for his decapitation and removal of his head was to eliminate forensics or ballistics evidence. The perp/s would have also poured bleach or another available chemical liquid over his torso and removed his clothing..jmo

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ound-murdered-inside-her-church-8-24-09/page9

http://www.practicalhomicide.com/current/TULSA2.htm

<BBM for Focus>
Media Reports Reveal Grisly Details in Anadarko Pastor's Murder

Vernon Geberth, a homicide expert and author, believes the killer may have posed Daniel's body like a crucifixion out of anger or retribution. Geberth said the details will be important to this investigation.

NEWS 9 spoke with Vernon Geberth, an expert who has written dozens of books on all aspects of homicide, and asked why a killer would take such steps.
"When an offender removes the clothing from a crime scene and then adds chemicals to the crime scene, he or she is obviously looking to thwart the investigation by preventing authorities from having access to the evidence," Geberth said.
However, earlier this week the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation told NEWS 9 that Pastor Daniels body was "posed," meaning it was moved after death.
"The presentation of a body, especially that of clergy person, in a manner suggestive of a crucifixion would lead me to believe the offender has focused his attack on some underlying anger or retribution," Geberth said.

I don't think many of your read this link, so I am re-posting it. Foxfire is way adamant about NC. As a local it is a faaaaar stretch. The link above is every bit as plausible as this mysterious, unclaimed revenge scheme. He (FF), in particular, ignores local reports about business a usual around these parts. When I get the real estate transaction numbers for June, I will share them is anybody here is interested, One 2 person team at Reynolds Plantation realty sold $1.7 million in RE in June. That's only a small fraction of area sales. My RE friends say that for two weeks after the murders, they were inundated with calls about the event. Now, only a few of their clients are even aware of it.

God forbid, but it would take a series of atrocities to permanently damage the community.
As you dudes say, JMO

Dudes Huh? Actually Lakeoconee, I posted the link for the Mexican Cartel kidnapping yesterday. Notice that this "elaborate plot with an international nexus," was solved in only a week by the FBI? There is a reason this case was wrapped up in such a short time.. The motive was obvious...JMO

Yesterday, 12:53 AM #803 Foxfire

Interesting; Kidnapping for ransom has been very rare over the past few decades.

http://www.wistv.com/story/26026051...scued-in-nc?clienttype=generic&mobilecgbypass
FBI: Kidnapping of St. Matthews man was part of elaborate crime ring
Posted: Jul 15, 2014

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS TV) -
The FBI says law enforcement agencies from throughout the United States helped rescue a St. Matthews man who was kidnapped and taken to Cumberland County, NC.

FBI officials say the 23-year-old man was kidnapped earlier this month in St. Matthews by a group of people involved in "an elaborate plot with an international nexus."

Well I do pray to God there won't be a rash of murders or other atrocities next. Fact is, seems LE or FBI don't know who or why this/these person(s) did this so we don't know they WON"T strike again, here or somewhere else but there are no forensics to go by yet, only circumstantial evidence at this point the reason we all come up with the scenarios we do. Just not enough to go on, except one thing........ The beheading. IMO is the major factor

<modsnip>

<modsnip> but fact is, we dont' know, that's almost 89 years, who can track that?

As you dudes say, JMO

As you dudes say, JMO

<BBM for Focus>

RE: One 2 person team at Reynolds Plantation realty sold $1.7 million RE in June.

Lakeoconee, the houses in RP/GW are priced from the $300's to $4M+..

This example reminds me of a story; 'my fishin buddy said that him and his brother entered their 1st bass tournament and placed 3rd'. I congratulated him and gave him a high five... A few minutes later, I got to thinking, and asked him how many boats entered the fishin tournament. He said three..

Just thinking again about the phone calls. . . wonder if the families are still getting any strange phone calls? I wonder if anyone called with an offer of "your father's head for a million dollars." Far fetched. It's early. I'm frustrated. No news is not necessarily good news. tomkat

[video=youtu;FcxA4w3KKLE]http://youtu.be/FcxA4w3KKLE[/video]

"She could telephone, tell a friend
Tell a lie about where she's been
Send a pigeon, send a fax
Write it on a post-it pad
Send a signal up in smoke
Tap it out in Morse code
I'd prefer a bad excuse"

"Buried with the grateful dead
Came back as a parrot head
Got derailed, got de-iced
Offered as a sacrifice
FBI, CIA, if they've seen her
They ain't saying
No news! Still no news!

Read more: Lonestar - No News Lyrics | MetroLyrics

I hope you are feeling better tomkat! Concussions/bumps on the head are serious scary! :hug: :therethere: We need you here. Stay safe! Please! :stay:

I agree life must go on, but the fear... the fear lives on. Even if most fear the killer has moved on, wouldn't you still have that little nagging thought in the back of your mind of who killed the Dermonds and what a shame they seem to have gotten away with the murder of two elderly people who lived long productive lives only to be snuffed out by some evil being...

I saw that too. I have it on my wishlist and "Every Breath You Take" as suggested by a websleuther. Hoping I don't get laid off before I make the purchase. :sigh: Our local hospital is kind of in the same shape as the local hospital in Eatonton.

OFF TOPIC: My love MIL and SIL made a trip to Carrollton, Virginia 2 weeks ago and just arrived back home Sunday. They didn't fly (MIL not fond of flying) and their trip took them through Georgia (lucky dogs - soooo jealous). Anyway, my MIL brought me back some real Georgia peaches. Oh my! They were sooooo good. Sweet and juicy. I enjoyed them so much. I saved the seed/stone. Any body have any tips on how to sprout them? I would love to have my own Georgia peach tree here in Texas. Do I just stick them in the ground now and make sure they are watered every day? Thank you in advance.

lakeoconee, I read your link. I try to read everyone's posts - some slip by, but I read your link and it's scary. It's on my list of possibilities of what happened. Never say never. Let's pray no more murders occur in the Reynolds Plantation community. No one here wants RP permanently damaged. We just want Justice for the Dermonds and resolution for the families in Reynolds Plantation and of course for the Dermonds' children.

I haven't checked Pastor Carol Daniel's thread yet. I remember hearing about it and being so saddened by what happened to a very good lady. Still cold huh? Not good! Was hoping it was solved. Thanks for posting her thread. Will read up in a bit.

The grisly murder of Pastor Carol Daniels in 2009 is an Oklahoma cold case that I had been following before the Dermond murders. There is a lot of similarities, yet many differences in the two cases. Comparing the two cases got me to thinking. In PCD's case, her remains were drenched with chemicals and her clothes removed by the perp to eliminate forensic evidence. It was also determined that her body had been moved due to postmortem lividity(settling of the blood in the lower portion of the body)..
Seems that there would also be obvious signs if Mr D's torso had been moved, and if the motive for his decapitation and removal of his head was to eliminate forensics or ballistics evidence. The perp/s would have also poured bleach or another available chemical liquid over his torso and removed his clothing..jmo

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ound-murdered-inside-her-church-8-24-09/page9

http://www.practicalhomicide.com/current/TULSA2.htm

<BBM for Focus>
Media Reports Reveal Grisly Details in Anadarko Pastor's Murder

Vernon Geberth, a homicide expert and author, believes the killer may have posed Daniel's body like a crucifixion out of anger or retribution. Geberth said the details will be important to this investigation.

NEWS 9 spoke with Vernon Geberth, an expert who has written dozens of books on all aspects of homicide, and asked why a killer would take such steps.
"When an offender removes the clothing from a crime scene and then adds chemicals to the crime scene, he or she is obviously looking to thwart the investigation by preventing authorities from having access to the evidence," Geberth said.
However, earlier this week the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation told NEWS 9 that Pastor Daniels body was "posed," meaning it was moved after death.
"The presentation of a body, especially that of clergy person, in a manner suggestive of a crucifixion would lead me to believe the offender has focused his attack on some underlying anger or retribution," Geberth said.

81 year old William Singer and his 64 year old wife, Barbara were found murdered in their home in Phoenix, AZ on July 2nd after it looks like each of them was forced to withdraw money from their bank accounts.

----------------------------------------------

Detectives have learned the Singers withdrew money from an ATM at a bank near 3400 W. Bell Rd. the Saturday night before their bodies were discovered. Police said the withdrawals happened separately. The first transaction was made by William Singer just after 10:30 p.m. on June 28. The second transaction happened about 15 minutes later by Barbara Singer.

"These pictures really talk about what they were doing on that Saturday night, maybe the potential could be robbery, but we don't know definitively," Phoenix police spokesman Sgt. Steve Martos said. Investigators are hoping the photos jog the public's memory.

On the same day as the release of the photos, Bill Singer and his family began the process of cleaning his parents home, following damage from the violent incident.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

PHOENIX - An Arizona couple's son is asking for the public's help in the brutal murder of his parents last week inside their Phoenix home.

Last week, William Singer and his wife of almost 40 years were found dead inside their home on July 3 near 35th Avenue and Bell Road.

RELATED: 2 found dead in North Phoenix home

Police were sent out to the home after a caretaker became worried when the couple didn&#8217;t answer the door.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...of-catching-his-parents-killers?autoplay=true

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ple-death-ask-for-publics-help-abrk/12424905/

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/26035641/phoenix-police-release-new-details-in-elderly-couples-murder

Sounds sorta familiar doesn't it ? I think something like this might have well been the motive behind the Dermond slaying as well. With the exception being that when they couldn't get any money out of them, they just went on a killing spree for the hell of it.

Attachments

• fce33ecb7ea1b7525f9858e0297ef39a.jpg
    fce33ecb7ea1b7525f9858e0297ef39a.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 105
Concussion is better ! LOL! No news is NOT necessarily good news Boots !

Yes, nagging, nagging, where are they? WHO are they? WHY??

I agree life must go on, but the fear... the fear lives on. Even if most fear the killer has moved on, wouldn't you still have that little nagging thought in the back of your mind of who killed the Dermonds and what a shame they seem to have gotten away with the murder of two elderly people who lived long productive lives only to be snuffed out by some evil being...

<BBM for Focus>

RE: One 2 person team at Reynolds Plantation realty sold $1.7 million RE in June.

Lakeoconee, the houses in RP/GW are priced from the $300's to $4M+..

This example reminds me of a story; 'my fishin buddy said that him and his brother entered their 1st bass tournament and placed 3rd'. I congratulated him and gave him a high five... A few minutes later, I got to thinking, and asked him how many boats entered the fishin tournament. He said three..

FF, I totally agree with you about episodic "evidence." Especially hate it when politicians drag some hapless citizen in to prove some point.

Despite the tone you may get from my posts, I am really amazed there is so little talk, no great fear, etc...locally. I think you might make a field trip to LO and see for yourself. Stop by Publix, go to dinner at the Silver Moon or the new fine dining restaurant Blu Culina. Talk to some locals. Maybe you will get a different reaction from the one I hear.

Might have to soak the seed first, funny, never have tried to grow a peach tree from a seed !!! :floorlaugh: bout everything else tho!!
GOOD LUCK Boots, youtube it!

I saw that too. I have it on my wishlist and "Every Breath You Take" as suggested by a websleuther. Hoping I don't get laid off before I make the purchase. :sigh: Our local hospital is kind of in the same shape as the local hospital in Eatonton.

OFF TOPIC: My love MIL and SIL made a trip to Carrollton, Virginia 2 weeks ago and just arrived back home Sunday. They didn't fly (MIL not fond of flying) and their trip took them through Georgia (lucky dogs - soooo jealous). Anyway, my MIL brought me back some real Georgia peaches. Oh my! They were sooooo good. Sweet and juicy. I enjoyed them so much. I saved the seed/stone. Any body have any tips on how to sprout them? I would love to have my own Georgia peach tree here in Texas. Do I just stick them in the ground now and make sure they are watered every day? Thank you in advance.

Ok, just said to myself, "why the beheading? It was personal"...........in my description of the word, meaning personal towards the D's, as in, they knew something, I dont' think someone would behead him over not giving him money, kill yes, and I do agree, SD was a shield as FF states, that would explain why taking her and not him, why else, there is no atm on the water that I know of

So with that, maybe SS DID MEAN personal TO THE DERMONDS, not necessarily a "personal crime" as far as the definition of crimes goes

Just thinking again about the phone calls. . . wonder if the families are still getting any strange phone calls? I wonder if anyone called with an offer of "your father's head for a million dollars." Far fetched. It's early. I'm frustrated. No news is not necessarily good news. tomkat

[video=youtu;FcxA4w3KKLE]http://youtu.be/FcxA4w3KKLE[/video]

"She could telephone, tell a friend
Tell a lie about where she's been
Send a pigeon, send a fax
Write it on a post-it pad
Send a signal up in smoke
Tap it out in Morse code
I'd prefer a bad excuse"

"Buried with the grateful dead
Came back as a parrot head
Got derailed, got de-iced
Offered as a sacrifice
FBI, CIA, if they've seen her
They ain't saying
No news! Still no news!

Read more: Lonestar - No News Lyrics | MetroLyrics

Great idea, Boots! Very thought provoking. Assuming someone wanted both of the Dermonds dead, and paid someone to carry out these acts. Keep having the same thought: I feel that someone close to the Dermonds might have recently asked for financial help. The Dermonds said, no. Then, Plan B ensued. :twocents:

IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member