DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so I am a bit confused...

This article states:

"Their front door was unlocked."
http://www.macon.com/2015/05/02/3726718/new-details-as-mystery-reigns.html

But yet, in this article:

"Sills stepped out of the Suburban and stuck a Glock 18C in his waistband. He went in the house through the kitchen door, the same door the neighbor entered." - See more at: http://www.atlantamagazine.com/grea...hases-a-killer/#sthash.gxbpGMba.v4lxL2ur.dpuf

So, how many doors were unlocked?
The kitchen door and front door, to my knowledge are two different doors, 2 different rooms.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/147-Carolyn-Dr-Eatonton-GA-31024/110310631_zpid/

I agree treelights, the way I read it, the front door was unlocked, which is the way SS thinks that entry was made by the killer. Either they let him in or he forced his way in after one of them answered the door. The neighbors came in through the kitchen. I think that somewhere way back it was mentioned that they had a key. And now we know that the garage door was down since it was dark inside when SS got there.
Also, now it sounds like more blood in the garage than we thought and we can now visualize the precision of the beheading.
Unmade bed, Mr. D. must not have been up long enough for Mrs. D to get around to making his bed.

I agree treelights, the way I read it, the front door was unlocked, which is the way SS thinks that entry was made by the killer. Either they let him in or he forced his way in after one of them answered the door. The neighbors came in through the kitchen. I think that somewhere way back it was mentioned that they had a key. And now we know that the garage door was down since it was dark inside when SS got there.
Also, now it sounds like more blood in the garage than we thought and we can now visualize the precision of the beheading.
Unmade bed, Mr. D. must not have been up long enough for Mrs. D to get around to making his bed.

Hey thanks! I appreciate your perspective and post! :)

Mods, before I overstep TOS, are we allowed to discuss contacting the REPORTER of a story, and afterwards discussing here?

Okay, so I am a bit confused...

This article states:

"Their front door was unlocked."
http://www.macon.com/2015/05/02/3726718/new-details-as-mystery-reigns.html

But yet, in this article:

"Sills stepped out of the Suburban and stuck a Glock 18C in his waistband. He went in the house through the kitchen door, the same door the neighbor entered." - See more at: http://www.atlantamagazine.com/grea...hases-a-killer/#sthash.gxbpGMba.v4lxL2ur.dpuf

So, how many doors were unlocked?
The kitchen door and front door, to my knowledge are two different doors, 2 different rooms.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/147-Carolyn-Dr-Eatonton-GA-31024/110310631_zpid/

ETA:
http://qpublic7.qpublic.net/ga_display.php?county=ga_putnam&KEY=120A008
http://qpublic7.qpublic.net/cgi-bin/gap_sketch.cgi?county=putnam&p=3605&b=8560&s=600&c=putnam&t=r

Putting together posts... Sheriff came in through front door, then went into garage which the door to was not locked and the garage door was down?

Damifino, I do NOT RECALL your statement that "they had a key". Foxfire and others have better recollection than I or...as :websleuther: say... link please? I don't recall ANY statement from LE that they "had a key".

TIA

:seeya:

PS....foxfire... I waved as I passed by ya on my way up to Blairsville 2 weeks ago! Ate at Mikes Seafood.... so glad they now have liquor as years ago was a dry county :giggle:

BBM Who might they let in while MrD was still in his boxers?

Mods, before I overstep TOS, are we allowed to discuss contacting the REPORTER of a story, and afterwards discussing here?

If you are talking about me, he has never given me any info about the case, all he did was email me to be looking for articles that were coming out. Is that a no-no?
I am so sorry if it is! I apologize!I didn't know!

If you are talking about me, he has never given me any info about the case, all he did was email me to be looking for articles that were coming out. Is that a no-no?

The comment was meant for Me, as atthelake commented on my post if I had contacted anyone in regards to those stories., as I mentioned I was confused about how many doors were unlocked.
I said I hadn't contacted anyone,
but atthelake, you can, if you would like to contact the reporters...
IMOO.

Damifino, I was asking if ANY OF US!!! were allowed to contact the reporter and post back here in thread!!! I don't know if a no no and was asking as it was an idea that I had!

The comment was meant for Me, as atthelake commented on my post if I had contacted anyone in regards to those stories., as I mentioned I was confused about how many doors were unlocked.
I said I hadn't contacted anyone,
but atthelake, you can, if you would like to contact the reporters...
IMOO.

These days, I'm REALLY REALLY hesitant to do anything against TOS as a few friends have "gone" since I was AFK in the past week and not up to date. :crying:

Therefore, I will wait to hear from mod that it is ok... don't want to chance a permanent vacation from WS as I :heart: you all!

BBM Who might they let in while MrD was still in his boxers?

Noting above post was a :moo:.... there have been no reports iirc that he was in his boxers?

Just posting this as thread folks may take as it was a fact or had reference.... but I believe your comment was a :moo:

Noting above post was a :moo:.... there have been no reports iirc that he was in his boxers.

Just posting this as thread folks may take as it was a fact or had reference.... but I believe your comment was a :moo:

"Shirley, the sheriff says, appears to have been up and dressed for the day, while Russ, in a robe, T-shirt, boxer shorts and slippers, may have, when the killer arrived, just been into his morning coffee-drinking and reading routine."

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2015/05/02/3726718/new-details-as-mystery-reigns.html#storylink=cpy

"Shirley, the sheriff says, appears to have been up and dressed for the day, while Russ, in a robe, T-shirt, boxer shorts and slippers, may have, when the killer arrived, just been into his morning coffee-drinking and reading routine."

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2015/05/02/3726718/new-details-as-mystery-reigns.html#storylink=cpy

Thanks! I've been AFK from this thread and follow 8 other cases, so I had forgotten. Appreciate the time it took you to find the link to correct my :moo:

:blowkiss:

:tyou:

I agree, DAMIFINO... Very well thought out and written article by Joe Kovac Jr.... Sheriff Howard Sills; A True Legend, has an amazingly impressive background, both personal and professional.. After reading and digesting this lenthy article, I am even more confident that the writing is on the wall and the Devil in the details..

RE: Uh, I don&#8217;t know any professional decapitators.&#8221;Sheriff Sills quote <Note: Sheriff Sills was not asked this question>
"Actually, yes he does"..

The NC has a paramilitary/martial arts trained security force; 'The Mujahad', which have dismembered and decapitated victims in the past. Previously the AAC in Brooklyn, NY, the NC moved to GA due to an active FBI investigation of their criminal activity.
Ansaaru Allah Community in the West" in 1970, which a 1993 FBI report described as a "front for a wide range of criminal activity, including arson, welfare fraud and extortion'..

York's right hand man; Roy Savage; Hashim the Warrior, was the leader of AAC's security force; the Mujahad. Savage was the primary suspect for the murder of political activist Horace Green by FBI investigators, who refused to share their info with NYPD homicide investigators for over 2 decades for political and religous reasons..

State v. Savage - Decided: July 19, 1990.
STATE OF NEW JERSEY, PLAINTIFF-RESPONDENT,
v.
ROY SAVAGE, DEFENDANT-APPELLANT
http://nj.findacase.com/research/wfrmDocViewer.aspx/xq/fac.19900719_0040484.NJ.htm/qx
<snipped - read more>
[120 NJ Page 600]

The odor pervaded the hallways of the Projects during the week-end and even reached some apartments. On Monday, September 12, 1983, Augustine Arana, a porter at the Projects, was asked to investigate an odor on the twelfth floor. Arana found a large blue suitcase in the hallway, and with the help of another man carried it outside to the dumpster. When the porters threw the suitcase into the dumpster, it opened to reveal the headless torso of a black woman; the hands were missing, and the legs had been severed and were missing from below the mid-thigh. A single finger was later found in the suitcase. Aleida Bonilla, Felix Figueroa, Douglas Robinson and Margie King Guest later identified the man with the suitcase as defendant, Roy Savage.

Imo, the 'Why' seems so obvious...to send a message; 'a message of retribution directed at Sheriff Howard Sills, the Justice System, RP/GW, and the entire Putnam Co., GA, community...

<snipped from article linked & BBM for Focus>

The garage was dimly lit, but the white walls helped Sills see. On the floor between a Lincoln Town Car and a Lexus SUV was a man&#8217;s body on its back. The man&#8217;s age was hard to guess&#8212;because the body had no head. It had been cut off. And it was gone.

Sills thought, Not only are you looking for a bad guy, you&#8217;re looking for a real bad guy.

Sills assumed right away, and correctly, that the dead man was the homeowner. But there was another problem: The victim&#8217;s wife of 68 years was nowhere to be found.

Sills was struck by the pristine condition of the house. A horror scene it was not. Aside from the headless body in the garage, and save for an unmade bed and an off-kilter lampshade in the living room, it was showroom-perfect. The lampshade caught Sills&#8217;s eye only because everything else was so neat. What blood there was&#8212;a considerable amount&#8212;had pooled and dried near the body.

The best Sills could remember, there hadn&#8217;t been a double homicide in Putnam County since May 1984, 30 years earlier. It involved the rape and murder of an elementary and high school classmate of Sills&#8217;s. The killer, serving life, also shot and stabbed to death the woman&#8217;s 5-year-old daughter.

In minutes, the mood inside the lake house swung from wild intensity to who the hell did this?

This, the sheriff told himself, ain&#8217;t local talent.

Russell J. and Shirley Wilcox Dermond were New Jersey natives.

&#8220;There doesn&#8217;t appear to be a lot of evidence for it to be an amateur,&#8221; the reporter said.

&#8220;Is it a professional robbery?&#8221; Sills said. &#8220;Nothing seems to be gone. Is it a professional burglary? Nothing seems to be gone . . . Uh, I don&#8217;t know any professional decapitators.&#8221;

Cue the kooks, the great unhelpful, the psychics and busybodies who can&#8217;t resist injecting their cluelessness into the fray when tragic intrigue, no matter how remote the locale, achieves escape velocity via satellite truck.

The reporter tried again. &#8220;There are professional hitmen.&#8221;

&#8220;The totality of this,&#8221; Sills said, &#8220;is just very different.&#8221;

But why?

&#8220;Damn the why,&#8221; Sills boomed, imploring himself for answers.

&#8220;Get the evidence. Make the case . . . The why can be a significant, if not the most significant factor in determining the who, so you don&#8217;t ignore it. But let&#8217;s not dwell on the esoteric. Let&#8217;s dwell on putting this *advertiser censored* on the chain gang. Or better, put his *advertiser censored* in the electric chair. If God and the law give me the opportunity, I&#8217;m gonna send the son of ***** to hell in my hand. I&#8217;ve gotten up every day of my life and asked God Almighty to give me the opportunity to hurl a hoodlum into hell. This son of a ***** or sons of *****es or *****es need it, and they need it in the worst sort of way. And I hope the hell I can deliver it. Nothing would please me more.&#8221;

A text message chimed in from a cop buddy in Atlanta who&#8217;d seen Sills on the news: &#8220;You look tired.&#8221;
Then came an email, encouragement, from his friend Bright, the district attorney: &#8220;I know you&#8217;re going to solve it. You always do.&#8221;

Sills, reclining in his chair at the end of an 18-hour day, said, &#8220;I don&#8217;t know that I am.&#8221;

The couple who found them are a little younger but also not young. The husband had had a medical issue- a stroke I think- and Russ Dermond was reading to him regularly to help him get his ability to speak and read back, or something like that. I don't think they were the ones who gave the party, but attended and noticed the Dermonds weren't there, didn't go to church either, called with no answer, went to check.

Maybe they (perps) feigned an emergency, or perhaps it was someone the Dermonds were comfortable with?
IMOO.

Or maybe Shirley, who was apparently up and dressed, stepped outside for some errand (get the mail or paper?) and someone grabbed her and forced a way in ... or sneaked in while she was not looking.

ETA: Or maybe something like this happened in the evening ...I have kept imagining it being morning, but evening could work, too -- with Russ already set for bed and Shirley still up and about.

Or maybe Shirley, who was apparently up and dressed, stepped outside for some errand (get the mail or paper?) and someone grabbed her and forced a way in ... or sneaked in while she was not looking.

ETA: Or maybe something like this happened in the evening ...I have kept imagining it being morning, but evening could work, too -- with Russ already set for bed and Shirley still up and about.

With the "unmade bed", it is possible that Russ was in bed at some point, I suppose, or he was getting ready to go to bed, with it being unmade...
IMOO.

http://www.atlantamagazine.com/grea...-county-sheriff-howard-sills-chases-a-killer/

The couple who found them are a little younger but also not young. The husband had had a medical issue- a stroke I think- and Russ Dermond was reading to him regularly to help him get his ability to speak and read back, or something like that. I don't think they were the ones who gave the party, but attended and noticed the Dermonds weren't there, didn't go to church either, called with no answer, went to check.

The way this article is written, makes it sound like the neighbors who found Russ were the neighbors who hosted the Kentucky Derby party, that was my interpretation anyway.
IMOO.

"The neighbors who alerted the authorities about Russ&#8217; death live about a mile from the Dermond place. The neighbors had hosted a Kentucky Derby party the previous Saturday, May 3. The Dermonds had said they&#8217;d attend but never showed. So the neighbors, a few days later, went to check on them. "

Read more here: http://www.macon.com/2015/05/02/3726718_new-details-as-mystery-reigns.html?rh=1#storylink=cpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95