GA - SueAnn Ray, 26, Pickens County, 26 August 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just saw a segment on Catherine Crier's show. The in-laws are defending their property similar to the Hatfield's and the McCoy's. I will bet that SueAnn is buried on their property somewhere. We got another case of dysfunction here folks.

concernedperson said:
I just saw a segment on Catherine Crier's show. The in-laws are defending their property similar to the Hatfield's and the McCoy's. I will bet that SueAnn is buried on their property somewhere. We got another case of dysfunction here folks.
Cant they get a search warrant and go search it then??

If the parents won't let LE search their property, then to get a search warrent I think they need some sort of evidence before they go digging around.

Paradise said:
If the parents won't let LE search their property, then to get a search warrent I think they need some sort of evidence before they go digging around.

It is just plain stupid not to let LE in to search your property unless you are hiding something. I would think that the husband's family would cooperate with LE just to get rid of them. It only makes them look guilty...aren't they smart enough to realize that? Reminds me of the parents of that little creep Joran Van Der Snoot.

I would think the "flurry" of phone calls between the estranged husband and his family the night Sue Ann disappeared would be enough to get a search warrant for his parents' property. Where else would he put her body where he could be confident no hunters or hikers or whatnot would accidentally come across her?

If he drove Sue Ann's van to the Walmart, he had to have help. It's about 25 miles from there back to the town he lives in, so it's a safe bet that he didn't walk back home. Somebody other than him knows exactly what happened.

Michelle - I haven't heard anything about a murdered dog. Where did that information come from?

Here's something I find strange.... the van was located at Wal-Mart about 11 pm that evening. Video surveillance puts her inside the store at about 5:00 that evening. The information seemed to indicate that she was ex's house about 6:30 and did not show for a 7:00 apptment. That seems to indicate that she shopped and left Wal-Mart without incident. Her father said she was expected at his house but he had not heard from her and assumed she had changed her plans. I don't think it's a mere coincidence that her van showed back up at the Wal-Mart later that night. I think someone wanted to make it look like she was abducted from Wal-Mart. And, since she had not talked to her family, but had gone to the ex's house, who else likely knew she had even stopped there? I think he saw a Wal-Mart bag in the car or she mentioned being there earlier and he decided to stash the car back on the lot after getting rid of the body at his family's property?

JessTexas: Here is some of the information on the dog you were seeking. I too have been following this case but have not be able to post.

GRACE: Back to Don Plummer with the "AJC," "Atlanta Journal- Constitution." Don, the death -- I know a lot of people may not see a connection, but the death of her little pet dog -- we have seen many, many times -- or at least, I have as a prosecutor -- violence enacted towards someone`s home, their car, key, the tires slashed, mailbox mowed down, dog, cat killed, all in a building rage.

Have you looked into that at all, Don Plummer, the fact that the little dog, her little babydoll dog, had a chain wrapped around its neck three times and was found placed back in its little house?

PLUMMER: Well, I believe Sandy Chasm when she says that. One of the difficulties that you often find in cases like this is that people don`t make official reports. They don`t call the police. They don`t document a lot of things that do happen that lead up to violent encounters of some sort. So I`m unable to document it myself in the retrospect here.

This information was gathered from Nancy Grace Transcript from 10-13-05

This can be located at http://www.findsueann.org/index.html

I took this information form the forum.

Let's find SueAnn.

Gozgals

Very interesting, Gozgals. Thanks for the info. So when, in relation to Sue Ann's disappearance, was her dog murdered? It wasn't the same weekend as she disappeared, was it? I can see Sue Ann being very upset by that if it happened just prior to her disappearance.

LButler - it may be a coincidence; it may not be. The Wal-Mart parking lot is right off the highway - there's not much else out there that's right off the highway and it's by far the busiest spot in the area (hence, no one would pay any particular attention to someone parking a vehicle there). And her van wasn't found until the Monday after the Friday she disappeared. Wal-Mart's video cameras recorded her at the store on Friday afternoon, but I don't think there are any cameras out in the parking lot where the van was left, so it's not known when the van was left there that weekend.

I wonder whether the husband would have acknowledged that Sue Ann was even at his house that Friday night if it weren't for Sue Ann's friend's account that Sue Ann was on the phone with the friend, waiting at the husband's house for him to arrive.

Jesstexas said:
Very interesting, Gozgals. Thanks for the info. So when, in relation to Sue Ann's disappearance, was her dog murdered? It wasn't the same weekend as she disappeared, was it? I can see Sue Ann being very upset by that if it happened just prior to her disappearance.

LButler - it may be a coincidence; it may not be. The Wal-Mart parking lot is right off the highway - there's not much else out there that's right off the highway and it's by far the busiest spot in the area (hence, no one would pay any particular attention to someone parking a vehicle there). And her van wasn't found until the Monday after the Friday she disappeared. Wal-Mart's video cameras recorded her at the store on Friday afternoon, but I don't think there are any cameras out in the parking lot where the van was left, so it's not known when the van was left there that weekend.

I wonder whether the husband would have acknowledged that Sue Ann was even at his house that Friday night if it weren't for Sue Ann's friend's account that Sue Ann was on the phone with the friend, waiting at the husband's house for him to arrive.
Did you see the picture of the parking space where Sue Ann's van was found? Although the parking lot as a whole is very busy, the van was at the far end of the parking lot, well away from where most cars parked. It was backed in, as we know, and there was a metal guardrail behind it. Beyond that is a wooded area, no road or sidewalk, thus no chance for anyone to notice any activity taking place in or behind the van.

I'm sure the area around WalMart has been searched thoroughly, but it still seems possible that whoever took Sue Ann could have dumped her body nearby (assuming she is dead, which her father believes to be the case). Also, if a vehicle parked directly next to the van in that area of the parking lot, it seems possible that a body could be moved from the back of the van to the trunk of a car with little chance of being noticed.

Just a few speculations on my part. :twocents:

Marilyn - I live in the area, so I know exactly where that parking spot is and you are right - there is a guardrail and woods/brush behind it. On a Saturday afternoon, that parking lot is usually nearly FULL - even the spaces way out there will oftentimes have cars parked in them.

I think her estranged husband buried her out on his parents' land in Jasper and then drove the van to the Walmart parking lot - knowing that it would probably be several days until anyone noticed it sitting there. I think he had a relative either follow him or come and pick him up.

I haven't read anything suggesting that the van was not in good working order when it was found, so I think it's safe to assume it didn't break down on her on her way home. And how else would she have been in any position to come into contact with some random sicko? If she had gone back to the Walmart that evening (even though she had plans to meet someone about cheerleading for her daughter), she wouldn't have parked that far away from the store and she wouldn't have backed her vehicle in the parking spot. I don't believe for one second that she was abducted or that she just decided to take off.

I wonder if the keys were in the van, or if Sue Ann's purse has been found.

Jesstexas said:
Marilyn - I live in the area, so I know exactly where that parking spot is and you are right - there is a guardrail and woods/brush behind it. On a Saturday afternoon, that parking lot is usually nearly FULL - even the spaces way out there will oftentimes have cars parked in them.

I think her estranged husband buried her out on his parents' land in Jasper and then drove the van to the Walmart parking lot - knowing that it would probably be several days until anyone noticed it sitting there. I think he had a relative either follow him or come and pick him up.
Jess, I too lived in the surrounding area years back and agree with you. The area there is pretty much isolated-- in case those here are not aware of that fact. I do not know how to do map points myself or I would post this information on the board. (I am not aware if this addition is on Sue's site) Still much open land to bury said bodies in the woods, etc.

Her estranged husband seems to be the likely predator, but as mentioned had to have help if he indeed took Sue. The distance is too far to run, walk and if he took a cab, (as no mass transportation is in that area) it would be traced. It would have to be a family member as you stated, or a friend that would risk involvement.

My hinky meter is high on the family as suspect because they will not let LE have access to search their property. I, and those I know feel that if they wanted to get any suspicion off themselves they would certainly allow a search. This is telling. It reminds me of the Halloway case. If one has nothing to hide, why not let authorities clear you of any wrongdoing?

I am heartbroken when I see Sue's father on TV giving interviews on the story. If her estranged husband did this, especially on the anniversary of her cousin's disappearance, I hope he is prosecuted to the fullest extent. This is too much for one family to endure.

Prayers for Sue and Heather.

Gozgals

Jesstexas said:

I haven't read anything suggesting that the van was not in good working order when it was found, so I think it's safe to assume it didn't break down on her on her way home. And how else would she have been in any position to come into contact with some random sicko? If she had gone back to the Walmart that evening (even though she had plans to meet someone about cheerleading for her daughter), she wouldn't have parked that far away from the store and she wouldn't have backed her vehicle in the parking spot. I don't believe for one second that she was abducted or that she just decided to take off.

I wonder if the keys were in the van, or if Sue Ann's purse has been found.
Thanks for your information about the parking lot - Nancy Grace reported that the van was in a section of the parking lot that was not often used, which is why I wondered if a body could have been transferred at that location into another car.

I agree that Sue Ann's body is probably buried at her in-laws' property. But I was wondering if the murder might not have taken place in her van - it was reportedly very clean, unlike it's usual messy condition. Made me wonder if some type of clean-up had taken place. That led me to wonder if her husband killed her while she was sitting in the van, moved her body to the back of the van, cleaned the van, then called one of his parents and had them meet him at the WalMart parking lot, where her body was transferred into their vehicle and taken to their property.

But if the parking lot is as busy as you say, then this couldn't have happened, since anyone driving by would have seen them.

It certainly is coincidental that this happened ten years after her cousin disappeared, but obviously there is no connection between the two events. Just a weird coincidence, that poor family.

Just wondering if he Killed her at his house, (knocked her down, something not to leave much forensics), drove in the van to the parents home, buried her, and wiped it clean and then they took him home?

Just some thoughts..

Gozgals said:
Just wondering if he Killed her at his house, (knocked her down, something not to leave much forensics), drove in the van to the parents home, buried her, and wiped it clean and then they took him home?

Just some thoughts..

That sounds very possible. Does he live with his parents? For some reason I am thinking that he does, but I could be wrong.

From the reports I've read, he does not live with his parents. Sue Ann apparently didn't want her daughter spending any time at the paternal grandparents home (hmmm, wonder why?). When Sue Ann arrived at the husband's home, he had just taken their daughter to his parents' home and left her there (which would have really upset Sue Ann, from what I gather). I'm beginning to wonder if whatever violence happened to Sue Ann happened at the the husband's parents' home.

Jesstexas said:
From the reports I've read, he does not live with his parents. Sue Ann apparently didn't want her daughter spending any time at the paternal grandparents home (hmmm, wonder why?). When Sue Ann arrived at the husband's home, he had just taken their daughter to his parents' home and left her there (which would have really upset Sue Ann, from what I gather). I'm beginning to wonder if whatever violence happened to Sue Ann happened at the the husband's parents' home.

Thanks. That is odd that Sue Ann didn't want her daughter around the in-laws. That really makes you wonder what kind of people they are.

Your theory sounds very possible and would explain why they won't allow a search (which just makes them look guilty, imo).

SewingDeb & Jess:

I have been doing reading at Sue Ann's site, and came upon the original post of the disappearance. It cannot be copied in. It appears the estranged husband Quinton had a separate home. Here is the link:
http://www.findsueann.org/TheDisappearanceofSueAnn.html

This does not note any clean up of the van, but most of us have heard that it has been done. Also, since Quinton's profession was that of a mechanic, it has been stated in the Media he had his own shop. I have no information where that is located. I mention this as when one has their vehicle worked on-it is standard to clean the said vehicle after the work has been COMPLETED.
Note: Convenient for the estranged to state "cleaning would be done after getting grease or other chemicals in vehicle!" Just a thought and not a pretty one.
I notice a post on Sue Ann's site that they are pleading with said estranged Quinton to help with the investigation and to consider their child together.
They would like him to take a LIE DETECTOR TEST. Hum, guess he has not yet.
Link: http://www.findsueann.org/MessageToQuintonRay.html

I too have heard she did not want her child over to see the in-laws. That must mean there have been noted problems in this relationship for years. This brings us closer to possibly believing that the in-laws are involved.

Bring home Sue Ann

Keep me posted too.

Gozgals

When the Father and Sister were on Nancy Grace, I got the impression that the mechanic shop was on the property where the estranged husband lived. Possibly in the garage of the home.

with the disappearance of Jennifer and Adrianna Wix-since the last person to admittedly see them alive was the boyfriend, LE has repeatedly asked to search-and a few searches were actually scheduled-then the family called them off at the last possible minute with no explanation!

Evidently, unless LE can convince a judge there's a compelling reason to search a property, without a search warrant LE can only ask permission-which, of course, the landowners have a legal right to refuse!

Bring Jennifer, Adrianna, and Maura home!

the husband looks creepy, to me,, especially the way he's not really smiling in the photo, and has his hands on her shoulders all stiff like he's holding her down or something.... just seems kinda weird to me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back