GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been wondering if there is an age that parents are more likely to kill their kids than any other. This age I would think would be it if there is one for the reasons you said. Since my only experience with parenting is bird parenting, I'll give the example that new bird parents sometimes get dismayed when their birds start flying, and they go on message boards saying "what happened to my sweet baby bird?" This is called the "terrible twos" (even though in my species of bird this happens at about three weeks of age). They are assured that the bird will calm down once it gets over the "toddler" phase. Most bird owners love their birds and are patient and can deal with it but one spouse of a bird owner I read about abused the bird because it was annoying him. One of my bosses had a niece who was killed in a rage by her father because she annoyed him, I don't know the exact age she was but she was in the toddler range.

Playing armchair shrink...if Ross is some kind of narcissist (like a sociopath), then, Leanna could be a Borderline. Often, they attract one another- similar core ego wounds (different side of the same coin). One of my best friends is a psychiatrist. He explained, that Borderlines can start as good moms, but when the baby begins to walk, it can trigger mom's subconscious abandonment wounds (he's going to leave me someday) and they subconsciously respond by rejecting the baby first (withholding emotional support, etc.). This is a theory. I'm not even sure Leanna is involved. I have no idea if she's a borderline or if this theory holds water.

My pal also said Narcissists are most likely to reject their first born, same-sex kid. They project their split off all-bad self onto that kid and reserve the all-good designation for themselves. Again, another theory, but this one would match up with Ross killing Cooper IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JMO but I don't see LH as passive. She appears to me as a cold person as well. Did you see her in court listening to testimony about how her son died?
Chewing gum? Very odd. I was about to cry, but not her!

the chewing gum was odd --- thought that wasn't allowed. I wonder if she was heavily medicated for the court hearing. I understand she appears cold.
Under the circumstances, she was under the scope of everyone and was doing poker face under advisement.

JMO but I don't see LH as passive. She appears to me as a cold person as well. Did you see her in court listening to testimony about how her son died?
Could be her job. Dialysis usually is ESRD end stage renal disease. I am sure she has lost some patients along the way. I have seen someone die during dialysis, I'd still flip my lid if my child died.
In fact if it were my husband, I wouldn't even be there. Id watch on tv. Divorce papers would already be prepared.
moo

IMO both parents are sociopaths. My ex was a psychiatrist and I worked in mental health for years in the area of forensic mental health.
LH's lack of emotion regarding her baby is so weird. JMO though.

I totally agree, looking at different pictures of her from the hearing, there is a cold, calculating look that is frightening to me. I wouldn't want to deal with this woman. She looked like she was sitting there, wasting time, expecting the judge to let Ross out on bond, and how dare you not believe us, it was an accident, let's move on.

Could be her job. Dialysis usually is ESRD end stage renal disease. I am sure she has lost some patients along the way. I have seen someone die during dialysis, I'd still flip my lid if my child died.
In fact if it were my husband, I wouldn't even be there. Id watch on tv. Divorce papers would already be prepared.
moo

I might agree were it not for the fact that I have also had many patients die. I was about to cry for her child thinking about what the little boy went through.
I wouldn't have been there either but maybe she wanted to know what they might have on her. JMO

When, oh when are we going to get those search warrants? I'm anxious to glean some NEW information on this case.

BTW, one aspect of the new board is that when you want side-by-side windows, this one does not cut off any text. It saves a lot of scrolling.

This comes in very handy when watching trials as you can watch and post at the same time, which I'm sure many of us do. Just watching bond court with Judge Hurley right now. Just wish he would remember to put up the sound!

where are you reading the transcripts?

the impression I got from the hearing was that he drove past the parking space he'd leave his car and then backed into it, and the reason they talked about it was because he'd have had to look back and see Cooper's car seat while backing into the parking space

two transcript of hearing (pt 1 and pt 2) are in the media only thread. It is the entire hearing on the probably cause. I have not found any transcript yet of the bond portion of the hearing however video is also in themedia thread (three parts I think) and it is probable cause AND bond portion of hearing.

Just remember if I get caught, I am deaf in one ear and I can't smell...

Really!?

Oh! and there was no malice...

moo

where are you reading the transcripts?

the impression I got from the hearing was that he drove past the parking space he'd leave his car and then backed into it, and the reason they talked about it was because he'd have had to look back and see Cooper's car seat while backing into the parking space

Transcripts are on media thread. And I agree, that is what they said happened. Nothing about parking in the back of the lot.

IMO both parents are sociopaths. My ex was a psychiatrist and I worked in mental health for years in the area of forensic mental health.
LH's lack of emotion regarding her baby is so weird. JMO though.

Maybe so. Could be.

I see Leanna as being completely detached from her emotions, (maybe from early trauma). There's a coldness to that. Leanna staying with Ross after the infidelity, sexually and financially, shows an unhealthy level of dependency and an imbalance of power. Ross seems to have the upper hand. I could see Ross choosing a mate he could dominate, manipulate, and abuse. But I could be wrong. Maybe we'll know more after more warrants are released tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know we are way past this but as I was getting ready for work this morning, I thought of two stories, one with my son and one with my granddaughter that I wanted to share. This is one of the stories that will monopolize my brain as the Anthony, Arias ad a few others did. I joined WS when Ivy Merck was missing as she is a close friend of my sons. I have to choose the stories I decide to dive head first into as once the case comes to some type of a closing (not always good and just), it takes me a while to regroup from that. I admire all of you that can keep up with all these cases and always bring amazing insight and dedication…….anyway…now for my stories…..

When my 20 year old was a little over 2, my grandfather passed away. The morning of the funeral my husband and I left the house together but in different vehicles. Both boys loaded up with him…..I thought….We got to the funeral, I walked to his van to get the boys and the “where’s Travis” began. For a few seconds we both thought each of us was kidding……however, when we realized each of us thought the other had him…..sheer panic. My husband was in his van and to the street before I could think straight. VERY lucky for us we lived in a rural area then and we had wonderful neighbors….As soon as I my husband got to our community one of our neighbors was standing with a crying and very distraught little boy….bless his little heart she found him running after his daddy’s van when he realized he had been left. I had to make myself quit thinking of all the horrible things that could have happened. After that, there is virtually no way something like that would have happened. To this day, if anyone is my family is riding to the same place in different cars, someone will say, as a joke now “Where’s Travis?” That became the mantra of our family from that day forward.

My granddaughter was about the same age and was spending the night and I was taking her to daycare the next day…which was very out of the ordinary. Every night I put all toys, etc in the rooms they belong in and put all dishes away on counter away. I say that because I had left no visual clues she was there. I was getting ready for work and all of a sudden I heard little feet coming down the hall and wondered, what the heck? I had completely forgotten she was peacefully sleeping away when I got up. It realty bothered me that I had not checked on her as soon as I woke up….so from this day forward when she is there, I leave her toys in the family room, clothes on the chair, or cup on the counter….something to remind me as soon as I wake up to go check on her because although she spends the night many weekend nights, “School” night sleep overs are not ordinary!

I say all of that to say……if they had a fear of leaving that beautiful boy in a hot car , so much fear that they both researched it, there were sooooooooo many ways to give themselves reminders. Not buying any of it. Do not know what I believe about LH…is she guilty of conspiracy, complicit, or complacent? So much more to hear before I decide.

Sorry for the very long post and again, thank you to everyone for the wonderful work you do!

You are welcome to believe whatever you read. I personally like facts and going from the transcripts that I have it is not a fact.

I did hear it in the testimony the other day, so not sure why it wouldn't be in the transcripts.

I did hear it in the testimony the other day, so not sure why it wouldn't be in the transcripts.

Not sure. I just re-listened to Boring questioning Stoddard about the way he parked and I didn't hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8