GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it turns out Cooper had developmental delays, then makes it more likely that Leanna was in on it and explains the strange eulogy, "Cooper is better off in heaven on Jesus' lap because this world would have been cruel to him but Ross and I may have other kids" (paraphrasing).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MARIETTA, Ga. -- A new series of search warrants in the case of 22-month-old Cooper Harris show a focus on the electronic trail leading up to his June 18 death.

The warrants made public by the Magistrate Court of Cobb County Monday morning show Cobb County Police investigators looking into electronic devices found inside Justin Ross Harris's 2011 Hyundai Tuscan. A thumb drive, an external hard drive, a SD card, and a DVD-R were all taken into police custody.

According to the warrants, all will be searched for "information pertaining to finances, credit card debt, business information, life insurance, emails/communication regarding child, wife, and family issues, photos/videos of the child to show development, information about car seat searches, searches regarding car deaths, communications with other people on the days leading up to and the incident date, information on life insurance policies."
Another one of the warrants confirmed information mentioned during Thursday's probably cause hearing. During that hearing, Cobb County Det. Phil Stoddard testified Harris failed to tell police about his trip back to his car during his lunch break on the day his son died.

After lunch, Harris and two other co-workers ran an errand to Home Depot to buy light bulbs. The newer warrant was issued for Harris' home for "the inspection of the lights in and around the residence, if there are a sufficient amount of light bulbs in storage to determine if there was a need to purchase light bulbs."

Under cross-examination on Thursday, Det. Stoddard said they discovered there were lights out in a bathroom vanity.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l...car-death-focus-on-electronic-trail/12282201/

I've been wondering if there is an age that parents are more likely to kill their kids than any other. This age I would think would be it if there is one for the reasons you said. Since my only experience with parenting is bird parenting, I'll give the example that new bird parents sometimes get dismayed when their birds start flying, and they go on message boards saying "what happened to my sweet baby bird?" This is called the "terrible twos" (even though in my species of bird this happens at about three weeks of age). They are assured that the bird will calm down once it gets over the "toddler" phase. Most bird owners love their birds and are patient and can deal with it but one spouse of a bird owner I read about abused the bird because it was annoying him. One of my bosses had a niece who was killed in a rage by her father because she annoyed him, I don't know the exact age she was but she was in the toddler range.

In 2012, there were:

144 under 1-year-olds killed
261 1-4 years old killed
96 5-8 years old killed
65 9-12 years old killed

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/uc...le_9_murder_victims_by_age_by_weapon_2012.xls

It doesn't say who killed them, but if you look at the murder weapons used, you will see that for the 5 and older group, most are killed by gunshots, while for the 4 and under group, many are killed by blunt objects or w/ personal objects (fists). Those numbers decreased significantly as the child gets older. 55 of the 1-4 year old victims have a weapon that is not stated, so that probably means killing the child in an unconventional manner like what happened in this case.

If it turns out Cooper had developmental delays, then makes it more likely that Leanna was in on it and explains the strange eulogy, "Cooper is better off in heaven on Jesus' lap because this world would have been cruel to him but Ross and I may have other kids" (paraphrasing).

Yes, it would. But I kind of doubt he was developmentally delayed, since he looked to be normally developing in all the photos.

MARIETTA, Ga. -- A new series of search warrants in the case of 22-month-old Cooper Harris show a focus on the electronic trail leading up to his June 18 death.

The warrants made public by the Magistrate Court of Cobb County Monday morning show Cobb County Police investigators looking into electronic devices found inside Justin Ross Harris's 2011 Hyundai Tuscan. A thumb drive, an external hard drive, a SD card, and a DVD-R were all taken into police custody.

According to the warrants, all will be searched for "information pertaining to finances, credit card debt, business information, life insurance, emails/communication regarding child, wife, and family issues, photos/videos of the child to show development, information about car seat searches, searches regarding car deaths, communications with other people on the days leading up to and the incident date, information on life insurance policies."
Another one of the warrants confirmed information mentioned during Thursday's probably cause hearing. During that hearing, Cobb County Det. Phil Stoddard testified Harris failed to tell police about his trip back to his car during his lunch break on the day his son died.

After lunch, Harris and two other co-workers ran an errand to Home Depot to buy light bulbs. The newer warrant was issued for Harris' home for "the inspection of the lights in and around the residence, if there are a sufficient amount of light bulbs in storage to determine if there was a need to purchase light bulbs."

Under cross-examination on Thursday, Det. Stoddard said they discovered there were lights out in a bathroom vanity.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l...car-death-focus-on-electronic-trail/12282201/
"photos/videos of the child to show development"

This has a creep quotient.
I give it an 8 on my shiver scale.
moo

if it turns out there is any defect then this will eerily seem like a bit like a CSI episode Season 4 Episode 4

if it turns out there is any defect then this will eerily seem like a bit like a CSI episode ((#73 ))

Would insurance even insure a child with some horrible defect?
The child did have 27 k insurance on him.
Even though it's not that much money, people have been killed for a lot less.

Would insurance even insure a child with some horrible defect?
The child did have 27 k insurance on him.
Even though it's not that much money, people have been killed for a lot less.

I wasn't thinking ''horrible'' --- but to answer your question I don't know....

I wonder how the guys JRH went to lunch with are doing today, they must be traumatized knowing now what was going on that day and how close they were to either discovering a dead child. They are probably being terrorized by the thought that possibly they could have saved CH before it was too late. These people are on my mind today and I am sending them my thoughts and prayers.

I wonder how the guys JRH went to lunch with are doing today, they must be traumatized knowing now what was going on that day and how close they were to either discovering a dead child. They are probably being terrorized by the thought that possibly they could have saved CH before it was too late. These people are on my mind today and I am sending them my thoughts are prayers.
I worry if they even have jobs!

Birds of a feather....

I have thought that as well.
If that is the case there should be warrants with their names. Unless they weren't into kids.
And had no idea Ross was.
moo

At approx. 19.50 here on the video: http://www.wildabouttrial.com/one_off/misc-courtroom-video-archive/

I think I see the confusion here. At some point it was indicated that he parked at the "end" of the lot with no adjacent car on one side of him. Not the "back" of the lot.

It will be interesting to see if he normally parks in this spot or if he has a normal spot and parked here on this day. I have two spots I try to park in at work. One that I park in when I'm early or on time and another for days I come in later. Should be information they can obtain.

I'm willing to bet this is not his normal spot and he is a creature of habit. We shall see....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!