GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here's a fun exercise we had to do in paralegalnclass. Pretend you are RH'S defense attorney. With the info right now, what would be your strategy? This was always a fun activity. I have to be up at 5 (been working on resumes) and it's already almost 2:30.

I'm really curious to see how you all think, even if you believe the guy is guilty as sin.

It's a fun way to rack your brain and gives ideas on what the State could/should counter with.

I can't do it till tomorrow when I get off work but I was hope to get the ball rolling with you fine folks!

Some of us have already been doing that.

Ok, here's a fun exercise we had to do in paralegalnclass. Pretend you are RH'S defense attorney. With the info right now, what would be your strategy? This was always a fun activity. I have to be up at 5 (been working on resumes) and it's already almost 2:30.

I'm really curious to see how you all think, even if you believe the guy is guilty as sin.

It's a fun way to rack your brain and gives ideas on what the State could/should counter with.

I can't do it till tomorrow when I get off work but I was hope to get the ball rolling with you fine folks!
I'd be up there giving my closing argument and Id work in what car I drove where I parked etc... then I'd say omg I left my kid in the car!
I'd look at the jury and say hmm. No one ran out to find my car or my child. If you won't save mine you wouldn't have tried to save his either. I even told you where my kid is. You don't believe a parent is capable of doing something like that on purpose. You need to find my client NG.

mmm hmm..
lol

OK! Who is up. I just had an ah ha moment! Ross was in the wrong freaking parking lot!

AMC Parkway Pointe 15
MOVIE THEATER
3101 Cobb Pkwy SE #201
Atlanta, GA 30339

http://goo.gl/maps/krnwg

Dropped Pin
PIZZA PLACE
near Akers Mill Shopping Center
2967 Cobb Pkwy SE
Atlanta, GA 30339

http://goo.gl/maps/1xyN9

Defense will say that is why he was going to be late--he had to stop somewhere else before the movie.

Dad Whose Son Baked in Car Parked 'Near Back of Lot'

Surveillance video from the parking lot where Harris works captured him arriving that morning. According to detectives who reviewed the video, "Harris passes a parking space, backs the vehicle up several feet and then pulls into a parking space near the back of the lot."

http://www.newser.com/story/190476/...rt&utm_medium=clearchannel&utm_campaign=story

I don't remember them saying that in the hearing. Crazy how the media can just lie.

He also claimed that Harris told police he couldn't reach anyone on his telephone, but phone records show that Harris made three calls after he discovered his son's body -- including one with his employer that lasted six minutes, Stoddard said.

http://www.ksat.com/content/pns/ksat/news/2014/07/07/georgia-hot-car-toddler-death.html

I thought the 6 minute call was to the daycare?

Wow, that is the third error that has been picked up in the 30 or so minutes I have been reading here this morning. Unreal.

Do not believe everything you read.

It certainly didn't come up at the hearing. You'd think it might've if it were significant, I think.
I'm not so certain it would have.

They dont have to show their entire hand yet and at the time of the hearing they might not have known where he was parked yet.

They dont have to show their entire hand yet and at the time of the hearing they might not have known where he was parked yet.

You're right, I'm sure they have more to show, all they needed to show at the hearing was enough for probable cause and enough to get bond denied. That said, they did know where he was parked, they have the video from the security cameras showing how he reversed in.

Marietta Daily Journal heard it.
We didn't hear everything. Unless someone was in the courtroom,we have no clue what we missed.

Harris passes a parking space, backs the vehicle up several feet and then pulls into a parking space near the back of the lot...
http://mdjonline.com/view/full_stor...pears-in-court-at-1-30?instance=breaking_news

Why do we care what they say? I've reviewed the transcripts and it is not there. Maybe I am missing one?
I would believe them because they were sitting in the courtroom. They didn't make it up. His lawyer would sue them.

I would believe them because they were sitting in the courtroom. They didn't make it up. His lawyer would sue them.

You are welcome to believe whatever you read. I personally like facts and going from the transcripts that I have it is not a fact.

He also claimed that Harris told police he couldn't reach anyone on his telephone, but phone records show that Harris made three calls after he discovered his son's body -- including one with his employer that lasted six minutes, Stoddard said.

http://www.ksat.com/content/pns/ksat/news/2014/07/07/georgia-hot-car-toddler-death.html

With the daycare being Home Depot I think that is what makes it look confusing, it's one in the same. jmo

Instead of remembering to take his son to day care on June 18 morning – a task Stoddard said Harris regularly did – the dad drove straight to work after having breakfast with his son at a Chick-fil-A restaurant.

He then went back to texting the women, one of which said Harris told her he “wanted to hook up,” according to Stoddard.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-boy-died-hot-car-detective-article-1.1853929

The detective alleged that Harris told police he couldn't reach anyone on his telephone, but phone records show that Harris made three calls, and one between him and his employer lasted six minutes, Stoddard said.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/central-ca...women-while-son-was-dying-in-hot-car/26785384

He also alleged that Harris told police he couldn't reach anyone on his telephone, but phone records show that Harris made three calls after he discovered his son's body, and one between him and his employer lasted six minutes, Stoddard said.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/ga-father-whose-son-died-in-hot-car-faces-judge/26779566

I wonder if he got the recording and just went through the automated answering machine and didn't talk to anyone, you know just pretending to be talking to someone so he didn't have to talk to anyone there. That 6 minute call will be interesting to see what it was about.

Fairly certain the detective said it was a call to the HD main line. Atty asked if he knew where the call ended up and detective said the daycare, Toddler Room 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, y'all!

Why do we care what they say? I've reviewed the transcripts and it is not there. Maybe I am missing one?

where are you reading the transcripts?

the impression I got from the hearing was that he drove past the parking space he'd leave his car and then backed into it, and the reason they talked about it was because he'd have had to look back and see Cooper's car seat while backing into the parking space

IMO, the sexting establishes RH has no conscious, literally since he told one of the girls he has no conscious, or morality and is a selfish man who finds lying natural and easy!

It also shows that, despite his appearances at church on Sunday, he wasn't the "wonderful" husband and father (sexting a hard on with his kid in the room) when outside of the congregation. It's a picture of a man who wanted to be child-free and probably eventually wife-free.

Leanna is odd and creepily religious (my mom is like that), but I'm not convinced Ross would let her in on his plan, especially if his long term plot was to break free of the marriage. I can see much of her strange behavior being explained by: depression, passivity, narcissism, dependency, and "stand by your man"... But if I'm wrong, I hope they both get the DP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am thinking more of the "terrible twos" and that R just did not like the part of a toddler maybe not always being easy and obedient and subservient...jmo. And that he blames the specific child in his mind, rather than the fact that this is more common than not. Jmo

I've been wondering if there is an age that parents are more likely to kill their kids than any other. This age I would think would be it if there is one for the reasons you said. Since my only experience with parenting is bird parenting, I'll give the example that new bird parents sometimes get dismayed when their birds start flying, and they go on message boards saying "what happened to my sweet baby bird?" This is called the "terrible twos" (even though in my species of bird this happens at about three weeks of age). They are assured that the bird will calm down once it gets over the "toddler" phase. Most bird owners love their birds and are patient and can deal with it but one spouse of a bird owner I read about abused the bird because it was annoying him. One of my bosses had a niece who was killed in a rage by her father because she annoyed him, I don't know the exact age she was but she was in the toddler range.

JMO but I don't see LH as passive. She appears to me as a cold person as well. Did you see her in court listening to testimony about how her son died?
Chewing gum? Very odd. I was about to cry, but not her!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8