GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the tree would be better. All they need is someone to describe what they saw who didn't think he was putting on a show. Surely they could find one other besides LM. When it first happened, weren't there several sympathetic witnesses in the paper?

All they need to do is read the witness statements and go from there.

This is one area of the law I am completely unfamiliar with. Does a witness have to testify, if they don't want to? They might not be so sympathetic, after all.

You'll have to go watch or read the transcripts from the hearing. RH was sexting a girl, sending nudies back and forth, and told her he was in bed with his sleeping wife next to him and his infant son in the room. The girl asks him if he has a conscious and he replies, "Nope."

I don't recall that being stated

I don't recall that being stated

It was in the hearing. If I remember correctly on the timing, it's toward the beginning of the sexing line of questioning. I can't watch it right now, as this is laggy. It was definitely in that texting testimony, though.

It's a trendy new phrase. Used in my office all the time. Very "hipster". Here, it refers to producing something without fabrication. Or coming from within. "The company grew organically". I think how he phrased it was intentional. He speaks as if he's auditioning for a reality tv series - like he's had acting lessons or something.

Thanks, never heard it used that way.

So, I'm curious as to why investigators are searching their home for light bulbs (read below) and why would JRH buy them if he didn't need them? What is the point to all this? :crazy:

"One of the new search warrants released focused on a search of the couples' home "to include the inspection of the lights in and around the residence, if there are a sufficient amount of light bulbs in storage to determine if there was a need to purchase light bulbs the afternoon of the incident."
During the investigation, the surveillance video from Home Depot was reviewed. On the video Harris is seen pulling into the parking lot of his work the morning of the incident"

I think as others do, the friends were supposed to be there when he found Cooper. But that did not work out.

If he NEEDED lightbulbs so desperately, why get them at lunch?

There is a limited time for lunch, especially for someone like him who had been working so hard. NOT!

Anyway, why not get them after work. Not during the precious lunchtime?

...And what is up with Leonard Madden???

That guy seems hellbent to say LE is lying - on so much of their testimony. He was quoted as saying he never heard JH say F'you to the cops- he went as far as saying JH said "shut up". Now he is backtracking on that. He also says Coopers eyes / mouth were ever open and contradicts LE testimony on that. Calls LE inordinately aggressive. Does anyone else see a bias here? Just something doesn't sit right with how sure he is LH did no wrong. It's almost as if he's more hellbent on making LE look bad than making JH look good. And I caught the bit about him saying he doesn't drink alcohol. I wonder if he at any point had a DUI and was treated unfairly by the police. Just saying. Could very well explain the bias he seems to be displaying. It's more than just obvious - it's something I can't dismiss.
Speaking of alcohol,
I wonder why JRH downloaded fruity alcoholic drinks to his pinterest? Did he make them to knock Cooper out?
Skittles infused vodka...
seemed odd to me.
(obviously not the day he died, it would have been found at autopsy)
moo

This is one area of the law I am completely unfamiliar with. Does a witness have to testify, if they don't want to? They might not be so sympathetic, after all.

They can be compelled by subpoena. Judgment call if they are kind of witness to change testimony due to being forced to testify.

Have you guys already discussed the deaf ear thing?

Because there is no way post-event to prove that, right? If there are no previous records stating as such, they can't re-test him now because he could just fake it, right? Or can they still determine deafness without requiring his input? Just wondering because if I were being investigated for murdering my child, the FIRST thing I would say in my own defense is "I AM DEAF! I COULDN'T HEAR HIM". I mean, that's a no-brainer.

I guess they can confirm through family, friends or coworkers. (?)

No, his hearing can be tested, and there will be an audiogram(this would be considered a medical record) which is like a graph of the results. Will show what frequencies are out of whack, to what degree, and for which ear. I do not think he can fake it, and there are now different types of hearing tests behind just pure-tone testing. I think he's SOL to try to fake his hearing loss...
Any permanent hearing loss he had on June 18th would NOT have resolved itself by now, unless it was wax in his ears, which is not permanent. And if he had middle ear surgery, there will be medical records of that somewhere. Granted we don't know of a baseline of his hearing before June 18th, but he wouldn't have sustained major damage since then either.

Here's what audiograms look like: https://www.google.com/search?site=....1ac.1.48.img..0.6.815.mCQ-Pws2f6o&gws_rd=ssl

Particularly good example of a severe hearing loss: http://entspeciality.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/img5.jpg

Why would they take the car back there? I am drawing a blank. :eek:

It said something about trying to "recreate conditions" so I wonder if they are trying to determine whether Cooper would have been dead before the light bulb drop-off.

Does anyone know if the weather there is similar today to the day Cooper died? Seems like that would be an important part of "recreating conditions."

I think as others do, the friends were supposed to be there when he found Cooper. But that did not work out.

If he NEEDED lightbulbs so desperately, why get them at lunch?

There is a limited time for lunch, especially for someone like him who had been working so hard. NOT!

Anyway, why not get them after work. Not during the precious lunchtime?

He can remember vanity light bulbs and not his kid, of course. :facepalm:

It said something about trying to "recreate conditions" so I wonder if they are trying to determine whether Cooper would have been dead before the light bulb drop-off.

Does anyone know if the weather there is similar today to the day Cooper died? Seems like that would be an important part of "recreating conditions."

Yes, very similar temps. They might have been waiting for the right temps and conditions to recreate.

Thank you. I am sure they had a thermometer in the car to see how hot it got :(

Looks like the high there today was 91.

I wonder how tox was done so quickly?

Also, I wouldn't think it would have been a good idea to be in front of his friends when he "found" Cooper. Seems like it would be smarter to be with strangers, who would not know if he was acting "normally" for his personality, etc.

No there was another row behind him but it sounds like the space he took was the one open that was the farthest away from the building. He was in the 4th row.

they are saying there were other open spots closer?

No there was another row behind him but it sounds like the space he took was the one open that was the farthest away from the building. He was in the 4th row.

Thanks, I can see it much better in the video. The parking space is not close to anything, really. No one could have even heard him :(

Um, that Fox story said LH and RH spoke today in jail.

...And what is up with Leonard Madden???

That guy seems hellbent to say LE is lying - on so much of their testimony. He was quoted as saying he never heard JH say F'you to the cops- he went as far as saying JH said "shut up". Now he is backtracking on that. He also says Coopers eyes / mouth were ever open and contradicts LE testimony on that. Calls LE inordinately aggressive. Does anyone else see a bias here? Just something doesn't sit right with how sure he is LH did no wrong. It's almost as if he's more hellbent on making LE look bad than making JH look good. And I caught the bit about him saying he doesn't drink alcohol. I wonder if he at any point had a DUI and was treated unfairly by the police. Just saying. Could very well explain the bias he seems to be displaying. It's more than just obvious - it's something I can't dismiss.

WAIT!!!!!! ..... I KNEW IT I KNEW IT I KNEW IT!!

Just as I typed this, I did some quick research. I don't know if it violates policy or not so please inform me if it does. But I think it is directly relevant to the validity of the testimony in this case.

Mr. Madden has a public mugshot in Dekalb county 2009. Seems he's not a big fan of LE - I wonder if that in any way can negate his testimony ?

He hasn't had charges filed for that... and it was 5/9 of this year, not 09.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow