GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It said something about trying to "recreate conditions" so I wonder if they are trying to determine whether Cooper would have been dead before the light bulb drop-off.

Does anyone know if the weather there is similar today to the day Cooper died? Seems like that would be an important part of "recreating conditions."
it is 88° today... right now, must have been higher earlier, maybe they were taking temperatures from inside the hot car today.
moo

I wonder how tox was done so quickly?

Also, I wouldn't think it would have been a good idea to be in front of his friends when he "found" Cooper. Seems like it would be smarter to be with strangers, who would not know if he was acting "normally" for his personality, etc.

Yes! I've said this a couple times but it's nice to see someone else thinks so too! :)

Cooper's tox screen was clean!

Popsicle, I believe you but am wondering if you could post where you saw that, or maybe I missed the link (and if so, sorry!). Some part of me was hoping he'd been sedated :( It's really so hard to imagine how terrible this was for this innocent little boy. I keep wondering why adoption wasn't an option, if they felt unfit to parent/the growing-up world they remembered was too cruel... So sad to learn this news, if you know what I mean.

Lock up your babies! Apparently locking them in a car is contagious. [emoji35]

Thank goodness the baby's 6 year old brother remembered him since mom didn't. She must have gotten distracted...

:stormingmad:

It's a trendy new phrase. Used in my office all the time. Very "hipster". Here, it refers to producing something without fabrication. Or coming from within. "The company grew organically". I think how he phrased it was intentional. He speaks as if he's auditioning for a reality tv series - like he's had acting lessons or something.

Are they wearing skinny jeans and drinking a Pabst when they say it?

Your info is always great, but do you have a link about this tox test? I do believe you, don't misunderstand.
It was on the fox5 Atlanta news at 5. I am sure it will come out in print very soon.

Speaking of alcohol,
I wonder why JRH downloaded fruity alcoholic drinks to his pinterest? Did he make them to knock Cooper out?
Skittles infused vodka...
seemed odd to me.
(obviously not the day he died, it would have been found at autopsy)
moo

I guess "odd" is relative. Practically every other friend on my FB posts pics of their cocktails all the time. In some cases almost as much as of their kids. Ha! Bunch of lushes!

It said something about trying to "recreate conditions" so I wonder if they are trying to determine whether Cooper would have been dead before the light bulb drop-off.

Does anyone know if the weather there is similar today to the day Cooper died? Seems like that would be an important part of "recreating conditions."
CC, :seeya:
that imo is what LE and attnys do whenever there's a murder like this one. I hope they do lots of recreating so they have a solid case against db dad.

The detective said that it was his.... I'm gonna take his word for it and not ask how they verified that info. :puke:
If they took pictures of "it", I wonder where they got the itty, bitty, teeny-tiny, eensie-weensie camera?

Sorry, I just had to do it.

/back to my corner

Popsicle, I believe you but am wondering if you could post where you saw that, or maybe I missed the link (and if so, sorry!). Some part of me was hoping he'd been sedated :( It's really so hard to imagine how terrible this was for this innocent little boy. I keep wondering why adoption wasn't an option, if they felt unfit to parent/the growing-up world they remembered was too cruel... So sad to learn this news, if you know what I mean.

Unfortunately there is no life insurance payout with adoption :(

Have you guys already discussed the deaf ear thing?

Because there is no way post-event to prove that, right? If there are no previous records stating as such, they can't re-test him now because he could just fake it, right? Or can they still determine deafness without requiring his input? Just wondering because if I were being investigated for murdering my child, the FIRST thing I would say in my own defense is "I AM DEAF! I COULDN'T HEAR HIM". I mean, that's a no-brainer.

I guess they can confirm through family, friends or coworkers. (?)

It just occurred to me that he didn't only forget the child immediately after leaving the fast food place and driving straight to work, but he also forgot to drive to day care, which wouldn't require good hearing to remember.

I think as others do, the friends were supposed to be there when he found Cooper. But that did not work out.

If he NEEDED lightbulbs so desperately, why get them at lunch?

There is a limited time for lunch, especially for someone like him who had been working so hard. NOT!

Anyway, why not get them after work. Not during the precious lunchtime?

I'm starting to understand the "friends were supposed to be there when he found Cooper" :) that makes sense. But even if the investigators do find light bulbs in his house, I still don't think it proves a lot, I mean I wouldn't base my "verdict" on that; however, I do understand all the pieces will come together :)

I use to buy things on my lunch hour because I didn't want to do it after work :crazy:

IMO he's guilty because he said he forgot to take Cooper to day care when it was less than a minute to make a turn out of the parking lot. Plus, he's guilty because he would have seen Cooper in the car seat when he was parking the car at work. It's not that hard to forget your child. He made a special trip to CFA that morning, with Cooper, then kissed him when he put him in the seat then less than a minute goes by and he forgets to drive to daycare?????? UUUGH!!!!!

Parked in the fourth row. How many rows were there?

I tried to count, and it seems maybe 5 rows? It wasn't a significant amount, I know that's not likely helpful.

What sticks out to me, is that the spot itself is quite secluded from other spots and the video says LE said he drove past an open spot. (They might have said spots, but I can't listen to this loudly here.)

Somebody who lives near that HD needs to do some WS recon and let us know where that space is:)

This is one area of the law I am completely unfamiliar with. Does a witness have to testify, if they don't want to? They might not be so sympathetic, after all.

Yes. They do. And, if they came across biased, I'd have to remind them of the statement they made to the police. Then ask them if they were changing anything because of any opinions they formed from the media. Then I'd ask them to describe, again, what they saw that day.

A defense witness doesn't *have* to be sympathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23