GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may get stones thrown at me for saying this, but do you really know how you will react in a situation that you have not previously experienced?
LH's behavior was odd (especially not seeing her dead baby), but when you are under extreme stress, shock, etc., how do you know how you
will react?

back to work - I am getting too outspoken.

I am also not defending LH.

Just want to step in and say that the University of Alabama, their fans, students, or alumni, or the city of Tuscaloosa are not in any way responsible for the insane actions of people. This area is full of wonderful people, and I am proud to call it home. There are murderers from all regions, from all fan bases, from good homes and bad ones.

I went to UGA and, while I have no love for 'bama, I would never think RH is representative of UA. You were right about every group having bad people.

I posted yesterday that I find it highly likely that she could have come up with the idea. She has done well to keep herself removed. It is not beyond reality to me that she convinced RH to do the dirty work.

This.

Just want to step in and say that the University of Alabama, their fans, students, or alumni, or the city of Tuscaloosa are not in any way responsible for the insane actions of people. This area is full of wonderful people, and I am proud to call it home. There are murderers from all regions, from all fan bases, from good homes and bad ones.

I agree and I am an Auburn alum - I just said I bet they wish she would quit wearing her "Roll Tide" shirts everywhere she goes as she will be on camera almost anytime she is in public. I'm pretty sure nobody, from Home Depot, to Chick-fil-A to Univ. of Ala. wants to be associated with the Harris clan right now! .... We'll just put those two and Updyke in their own little category :)

I agree it is shocking but we don't know what is going on with her. I think there is a possibility the mother has been psychologically brainwashed into believing her husband is the know-all, be-all and she is not to challenge him. iow, she may be a battered woman in an abusive relationship that has removed her ability to judge what is normal and what is not. Her reality may be distorted and she may view the death of her son as punishment that she deserves. I'm going to keep an open mind as this case continues to unfold.

JMO

Definitely possible.

And for the record, I am a feminist, and violence against women is an issue that is important to me. I didn't say one word about Leanne until hearing the testimony at the hearing, even after the bizarre funeral comments and tasteless obituary. She very well may be exhibiting signs of an abused person who is fearful, or she may not be.

The "Did you say too much" is just too much for me. It implies, at least for me, that she planned this with RH. At first I believed that he acted on his own, now I am not so sure.

Until I hear more, that could possibly point to mental or physical abuse, I am going to go with my gut, which is this marriage was very dark for sure. I'm just not positive, at this point, that he was all the darkness or if she was equally as dark and their dynamic is what produced this horrible murder.

But I hear what you are saying and if more comes to light indicating Leanne was going through some form of horrific abuse, mentally or physically, and was terrified of him..I will change my mind. Until then, I think she is an accomplice and I have no idea what her reasoning was or is. Her jumping to defend him is certainly bizarre. And that can point to a sort of Stepford "state of mind" or it can point to her complicit involvement.

For someone with no jail experience as a visitor or inmate as I'm sure LH is I wonder if she maybe showed up there just thinking she could see him anytime and they turned her away..?

I know from visiting my sister there that Cobb co jail is not about making things pleasant or even easy for visitors. From the moment you walk in you play by their rules or you don't at all. You don't approach the counter without an invitation you don't lean on the wall you don't bring in anything for the inmate etc. If you're not used to or expecting that kind of treatment it's kind of shocking.

Last time I was there to visit this woman came to visit her granddaughter there and she had brought her some toiletries some magazines nail polish snacks in a gift basket. Lol!! Bless her heart! They were like ma'am you can't bring that in here.

Always My Opinion Only!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may get stones thrown at me for saying this, but do you really know how you will react in a situation that you have not previously experienced?
LH's behavior was odd (especially not seeing her dead baby), but when you are under extreme stress, shock, etc., how do you know how you
will react?

back to work - I am getting too outspoken.

I am also not defending LH.

I have been in a few rare situations which put me in psychological shock, if someone asked me at that moment what was wrong with me, why am I not reacting "normally", I sure as heck wouldn't have said "Guess I must be in shock".

If you ARE in shock you don't say that because well....you are in shock! Your brain/emotions are working very very slowly. You try to articulate, or you say you don't feel well, your brain doesn't function well enough to self-analyze and then state that you must be in shock!

That was imo a downright lie. Pure and simple.

I agree and I am an Auburn alum - I just said I bet they wish she would quit wearing her "Roll Tide" shirts everywhere she goes as she will be on camera almost anytime she is in public. I'm pretty sure nobody, from Home Depot, to Chick-fil-A to Univ. of Ala. wants to be associated with the Harris clan right now! .... We'll just put those two and Updyke in their own little category :)
Amen!!

Hey! Look at that! I'm in a state of shock !

I agree it is shocking but we don't know what is going on with her. I think there is a possibility the mother has been psychologically brainwashed into believing her husband is the know-all, be-all and she is not to challenge him. iow, she may be a battered woman in an abusive relationship that has removed her ability to judge what is normal and what is not. Her reality may be distorted and she may view the death of her son as punishment that she deserves. I'm going to keep an open mind as this case continues to unfold.

JMO

But she DID challenge him! At the police station she asked "Did you say too much???".

If she feared him, or if he was her domineering all knowing master, she would NEVER have questioned his judgement in that way. She also wouldn't have complained about frivolous spending.

Abused wives, or those that are brainwashed do not do EITHER of those things.

I have been in a few rare situations which put me in psychological shock, if someone asked me at that moment what was wrong with me, why am I not reacting "normally", I sure as heck wouldn't have said "Guess I must be in shock".

If you ARE in shock you don't say that because well....you are in shock! Your brain/emotions are working very very slowly. You try to articulate, or you say you don't feel well, your brain doesn't function well enough to self-analyze and then state that you must be in shock!

That was imo a downright lie. Pure and simple.

Totally agree. "I'm numb." "I'm dazed." Phrases I've heard used by those in shock - never heard anyone say "I'm in shock" - the realisation that the numbness or dazed feeling was shock only hits later.

Ok, real quick because some asked questions about my earlier, some what joking, comment.

A greendot is a reloadable card. It's the favorite use of currency in jail/prison for naughty things.

Cell phones are definitely illegal in jail/prison. However, they are fairly easy to obtain for the right price. You get someone to get you a greendot. You give the card number to the seller. He calls and verifies funds. Then the cell is yours. They are prepaid cells. So all you do then is use another dot to pay for the minutes and data every month.

It's been in the news a lot. Cell phones are a major, major problem with inmates.

They are also being used as a payment of ransom to prevent inmates from hurting incarcerated love ones. They text someone a pic of their loved one tied up and somewhat injured and threaten more harm. Then explain how to purchase a dot and relay the info make to the inmate.

Sorry if this was already answered. At work, couldn't check. I don't have a job like RH were I can f off all day :)

Definitely possible.

And for the record, I am a feminist, and violence against women is an issue that is important to me. I didn't say one word about Leanne until hearing the testimony at the hearing, even after the bizarre funeral comments and tasteless obituary. She very well may be exhibiting signs of an abused person who is fearful, or she may not be.

The "Did you say too much" is just too much for me. It implies, at least for me, that she planned this with RH. At first I believed that he acted on his own, now I am not so sure.

Until I hear more, that could possibly point to mental or physical abuse, I am going to go with my gut, which is this marriage was very dark for sure. I'm just not positive, at this point, that he was all the darkness or if she was equally as dark and their dynamic is what produced this horrible murder.

But I hear what you are saying and if more comes to light indicating Leanne was going through some form of horrific abuse, mentally or physically, and was terrified of him..I will change my mind. Until then, I think she is an accomplice and I have no idea what her reasoning was or is. Her jumping to defend him is certainly bizarre. And that can point to a sort of Stepford "state of mind" or it can point to her complicit involvement.

BBM How can one say "too much" if you are telling the truth!? I think we all know by now which head RH spent most of his time thinking with. To me her defending RH makes her look more guilty, she is looking out for herself. She is making her self look good. If this were just a horrible accident, why wouldn't she be defending him more in the media and otherwise? IMO the funeral was a complete show. To me she is doing the bare minimum to "support" him but distancing herself enough to not be put in a position to answer questions.

"Did you say too much?"

I'm going to say "life insurance".

JMO, but these two, at the ages of 30 and 33, are about as dumb as a box of rocks if they think the old "I forgot he was in there" excuse is going to fly in court.

Why would ANYONE do a search on children left in cars? Number 1, you NEVER leave your kids in a car unattended, so why would you EVER do a search like that!:facepalm:

Let us not forget too that in a lot of religions women are expected to be submissive and unquestionably "obedient" to their husbands. I am not at all saying that that is what happened here but I think we would be remiss to totally disregard that some people take it to the extreme and really do live by this paradigm. I'm not sure what their church expected of them or how seriously they took or lived by these kind of rigid gender roles.

Sometimes these are heavily expected and it's women who are expected to be unquestioningly submissive not men, often putting them in situations without support, help, or able to see a way out, leaving them broken and taught to not question abuse. A sort of learned helplessness takes over.

Again, I'm not saying that this absolutely happened here. But I do wonder.

The dynamics of their relationship, their personalities, history, and paradigms they lived by will be very interesting in regards to the planning and particulars of this horrific premeditated murder.

Her unwavering loyalty toward him, in light of the circumstances, and constant accolades thrown at him at the funeral are certainly over the top and so bizarre to me.

But she DID challenge him! At the police station she asked "Did you say too much???".

If she feared him, or if he was her domineering all knowing master, she would NEVER have questioned his judgement in that way. She also wouldn't have complained about frivolous spending.

Abused wives, or those that are brainwashed do not do EITHER of those things.

I agree with a caveat...an abused wife could very well do something like that if she felt her abuser was safely out of reach, as in behind bars.

While I too have my doubts about abuse, I am inclined to recall the hostile outbreak he had against the police at the scene. That kind of anger/rage directed in that manner is sometimes indicative of anger issues, especially inappropriate behavior directed to figures of authority

Not that I have heard reported by Law Enforcement or any official. The recording will be interesting in the trial.

Anyone any idea how long we'll have to wait for trial? I don't think he'll plead it out..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper