GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's really creepy he was sexting picture of his erect penis while acknowledging to the receiver his infant son was next to him. I think that's seriously deviant. How to you wack off and take picture like that with your baby sitting right there next to you?

Agreed, and I don't hold puritanical views. But this guy.....

I think he is one sick puppy for sure. Sick and disgusting. An extremely dark individual.

Ehhhhhhh......I give her a gold star in the "dumb as a rock" column for her "Did you say too much" comment. You have to be a complete moron to NOT know that anything can be recorded by LE.

I think they just arrogantly assumed that the authorities would never question that it was an accident. I don't know anyone naive enough to believe that they can hide electronic footprints from LE these days short of destroying the device or that we aren't surrounded by security cameras and recording devices everywhere we go ESPECIALLY in a police interview room!! But these two seemed to believe they were bulletproof or perhaps never thought it would come to that, I think they believed their word would be accepted without question. I honestly think they both expected RH to be home that evening, surrounded by sympathetic friends and family 'mourning' their lost child and were both completely taken off-guard by his being arrested. I'll bet he'd rehearsed over and over in his head what he'd say, what everyone else would say and do but had no idea how to improvise. So, the second something went wrong or someone did or said something 'off-script' things started spiralling out of his control.

I don't know if LH was/is suffering from battered wife syndrome or not. There's not enough information right now for me to entertain that possibility.

Based on the info we do have, it seems to me that LH has no fond memories of middle/high school (at the funeral, she stated that she's happy Cooper won't have to experience those years), when LE gave her the tragic news that her baby was deceased, she didn't ask to see him - she only asked to see her husband, and has stood by her man throughout this terrible ordeal.

IMO, LH is bitter about her teen years because she may not have been "popular". She may have pined after a boy who didn't notice her. She may have felt like an outsider (her funeral statement about "who to sit with at lunch" suggests the possibility that she was shy and may have had difficulty making friends during her middle school years).

Fast forward to when she met RH. She may have finally gotten what she always wanted but never had: the attention of a man.

The above is pure speculation, but I have no doubt that the most important thing to LH is having a man in her life. It's possible that Cooper was never as important to her as having a husband was/is, despite years of trying to get pregnant. She may have naively believed that getting married and having a child would bring her the utmost fulfillment. She may have become disillusioned with the reality of the challenges of marriage & parenthood versus the fantasy of happily ever after.

I don't know if she's involved or not in her baby's death, but some of her statements strongly suggest that she may be, IMO.

One thing I'm absolutely convinced of is that her top priority is her man, and I find this beyond reprehensible given the circumstances. I also find it disturbing that she expressed a desire to have more children with the man who has been charged with killing her baby - a man who has only expressed concern for himself and has only bemoaned the unfairness of what HE is going through, all the while oblivious to the horrific death he caused their baby to suffer.

I cannot understand how a woman can stand by a man like that, unless she's either as self-absorbed as he is, or is also complicit in their baby's murder, or both.

In all of these cases, where child is left in the car (until this one) I never even heard about authorities suspecting it could be intentional. It's always just assumed to be an accident (or at least it seems that way). I bet RH never thought anybody would investigate it to the point of checking his computer searches.

But she DID challenge him! At the police station she asked "Did you say too much???".

If she feared him, or if he was her domineering all knowing master, she would NEVER have questioned his judgement in that way. She also wouldn't have complained about frivolous spending.

Abused wives, or those that are brainwashed do not do EITHER of those things.

I will just say this about one little thing I noticed. She was in a very difficult major in college - I know because my degree in that same school but different major - a Nutrition Science degree requires many very difficult science courses. AND she graduated Summa *advertiser censored* Laude (IIRC) - so she is at least fairly intelligent. When they were engaged and first married he was a high school graduate - period! That right there is a bit odd when you think about it. Someone that intelligent who excelled in college - to marry someone who - at the time - had a high school degree and no ambition to further his education?

I suspect his decision to go to college (he states he is the first in his family to do so ) was instigated by Leanne. And there is nothing wrong with that - in fact I think women often prompt men to succeed and exceed what they think they can do. However, that does not play into the "poor little mouse wife" scenario at all.

So he was working a dispatcher job or something like that when they met and now he has a college degree and works for a *******Fortune 50!!!!!********Company :) :) :)

If this turns out to be a joint plot - I won't be too shocked....but horribly sad :(

I think it's really creepy he was sexting picture of his erect penis while acknowledging to the receiver his infant son was next to him. I think that's seriously deviant. How do you wack off and take pictures like that with your baby sitting right there next to you?

Uhhh....what? Somehow I missed this, he was sexting as the baby was next to him?

Please provide a link.

OT...was watching the end of a crime show on ID the other day and the jury is being interviewed after the verdict. They said they had to acquit because the case was "all circumstantial, with no real evidence or DNA." I don't even know what case it was, but this made me cringe...they said they needed it to be "irrefutable". Sounds like the judge did a poor job in explaining things.
Circumstantial evidence is real evidence, doesn't need to be DNA.:doh::doh::doh:

But she DID challenge him! At the police station she asked "Did you say too much???".

If she feared him, or if he was her domineering all knowing master, she would NEVER have questioned his judgement in that way. She also wouldn't have complained about frivolous spending.

I'm not following you. Her question, "Did you say to much???" wasn't described by the detective as a "challenge." I also don't know that she complained about his frivolous spending. I think she mentioned it to dispel the idea they had financial problems.

Your generalized comments about abused wives or women who are brainwashed are just that. Every case should be evaluated on its own, without generalizations, imo.

This makes perfect sense. However, JRH's brother is a cop in Alabama and common sense would be that he or his parents would have talked with her to advise her to find out about visitation rules. Or even better, her lawyer would have advised her.

One, do we know she has retained a lawyer?

Two, RH's brother may be LE and he might have given her an idea what to expect, but every county jail has its own set of rules.

I think they just arrogantly assumed that the authorities would never question that it was an accident. I don't know anyone naive enough to believe that they can hide electronic footprints from LE these days short of destroying the device or that we aren't surrounded by security cameras and recording devices everywhere we go ESPECIALLY in a police interview room!! But these two seemed to believe they were bulletproof or perhaps never thought it would come to that, I think they believed their word would be accepted without question. I honestly think they both expected RH to be home that evening, surrounded by sympathetic friends and family 'mourning' their lost child and were both completely taken off-guard by his being arrested. I'll bet he'd rehearsed over and over in his head what he'd say, what everyone else would say and do but had no idea how to improvise. So, the second something went wrong or someone did or said something 'off-script' things started spiralling out of his control.

Him squealing, "But there was no malice intent!" Is so ridiculously bad! He thought about and planned this for so long and thought of all the possible charges he could face and believed he would never be charged with homicide murder 16-5-1. He might as well have said, "But, but, I researched extensively before I did this to my son and I didn't think there was anyway you could charge me with that!"

Even if she is abused in any way, it does not stop you from mourning your child. So abuse would not excuse her strange behavior in regards to that. jmo

I think it's really creepy he was sexting picture of his erect penis while acknowledging to the receiver his infant son was next to him. I think that's seriously deviant. How do you wack off and take pictures like that with your baby sitting right there next to you?
Or obtain an erection and photograph it while your flesh and blood fries to death and claws the skin off of his sweet baby face. How do you do that???

I get what you're saying Judy but academic smarts doesn't always equate to common sense smarts - in fact some of the smartest (intellectual) people I know are also often among the dumbest people I know too.

I'm not following you. Her question, "Did you say to much???" wasn't described by the detective as a "challenge." I also don't know that she complained about his frivolous spending. I think she mentioned it to dispel the idea they had financial problems.

Your generalized comments about abused wives or women who are brainwashed are just that. Every case should be evaluated on its own, without generalizations, imo.

I have worked for domineering egomaniacs that could be abusive...and the one thing I would never do is question their prior actions. Want a smack down? Well just ask them "Are you sure you (used good judgement)" regarding something they did.

But I get your point, and I expect the defense gets it too. That will BE the defense strategy if LH goes to trial.

Not trying to intentionally go in another direction, but from the beginning of this case, we have wondered if this couple were in the practice of leaving Cooper in the car. Back in an early thread, someone posted a picture of the parking lot at UA stadium. I have no idea where to find it. However, it has bothered me why it was posted and was it a silent hint that the little guy was left in the car at games. Yes, we've seen pictures of Cooper at games. Does anyone have thoughts on this?

Uhhh....what? Somehow I missed this, he was sexting as the baby was next to him?

Please provide a link.

You'll have to go watch or read the transcripts from the hearing. RH was sexting a girl, sending nudies back and forth, and told her he was in bed with his sleeping wife next to him and his infant son in the room. The girl asks him if he has a conscious and he replies, "Nope."

I don't think you can absolutely take that statement as a challenge. We don't know what tone of voice she used...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva