GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really think the life insurance had anything to do with this crime. I really feel like if he planned this, He did it for freedom. Not money.

Agreed. It's a ridiculous statement. :notgood:

I also agree but, I have to give this woman credit for sharing her story about RH and her change of heart since this has happened.

I don't really think the life insurance had anything to do with this crime. I really feel like if he planned this, He did it for freedom. Not money.

Agreed that life insurance not primary motive, it was freedom like you say, but all those re-tweets on his twitter account for radio contests and the ilk, make me think that the insurance money was an, ugh, bonus.

ETA: I am sure you all have seen the interior photos of their rented condo. One or both of them appreciated the latest, nicest stuff. And by photos, I mean the ones on Zillow of their empty condo, when it was on the market. I am fifty something years old, and just got a stainless fridge last year. Not a big one, either.

Still nope:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't see it either....just a blank screen with the comments underneath. I have tried all the suggestions and am signed into my Facebook page. I want to see it too! :gaah:

this may seem off topic but who else thinks that 20 minutes is not enough time for a toddler to have breakfast?

This. Also, seems like an odd choice of 'regular' breakfast if mom is a dietician, IMO...

Most likely. He wouldn't want a brain-damaged child any more than the one he already had, but he'd have to think up another method.
Last night I was watching an episode of Forensic Files where the guy killed his wife. Think it was one where he shot her and faked her suicide. 3 years earlier he had tried to start a fire while he took the child and went for a drive. She escaped that time, so he needed a different method to kill her.

Yep, like "accidental poisoning" or "accidentally drowned in the tub" or something along those lines. Since it strongly appears that Harris (and wife IMO) didn't want a healthy Cooper, they sure as hell wouldn't want a "damaged" Cooper.

MOO

Every child is different. Some 22 month old children can eat breakfast in 20 mins, some can't. Who said that Harris allowed Cooper to eat all of his breakfast before leaving anyway?

And just because Leanna is a "dietician" does NOT mean that they ate only healthy foods. Not every person does what they "preach". Anyone know of any doctors and/or nurses that are overweight, drink a lot, smoke, or anything like that? I do. Just because they "know" better and teach others to "do" better does NOT mean that they themselves abide by what they tell others.

MOO

I am so confused about the charges and what they mean. If they do not have to prove intent, what is the point? That just means, basically, that he was grossly negligent? How can any crime without intent possibly lead to a death penalty case? And what is the felony he was committing leading to Cooper's death? I usually have a handle on legalities in most cases, but not this time.

HLN just said there was a phone call between RH and LH at 4:07pm on the 18th? Does anyone remember that being discussed before today?

Every child is different. Some 22 month old children can eat breakfast in 20 mins, some can't. Who said that Harris allowed Cooper to eat all of his breakfast before leaving anyway?

And just because Leanna is a "dietician" does NOT mean that they ate only healthy foods. Not every person does what they "preach". Anyone know of any doctors and/or nurses that are overweight, drink a lot, smoke, or anything like that? I do. Just because they "know" better and teach others to "do" better does NOT mean that they themselves abide by what they tell others.

MOO

I worked with doctors and nutritionists and I can tell you they OFTEN don't always practice what they preach. I'm just guessing here, but given the penchant for chickfila Ross had for both himself and Cooper, I don't think they (at least he) ate very healthy. I know many kids who would eat that fast (mine included) when they know they are going somewhere they enjoy after.

A funny aside, the hospital which I birth at, has a very hidden area for employees that smoke. (I found it walking around before I gave birth.) The nurse told me people complained so much about how many of their nurses and doctors smoked, they designated a special area.

Do we know if LH was denied visit today? I read she didn't get to visit him, but just wondered if RH refused the visit?

If he did, what are people's thoughts on reasons why? Do you think his parents will visit him or his brother?
Do you think it makes him look guilty if he doesn't want to see anyone?

I'm unsure, I'm bet his lawyer will have told him not to talk to anyone about case, visits are recorded right?
I wouldn't be visiting him if I was LH

The charges right now do not have to show intent. However, I believe that this case is going to go before a Grand Jury. If the Grand Jury finds that there is intent then it can become a death penalty case. Then intent will have to be shown and proven.

However, I am not a lawyer so I could be wrong.

ETA: Isn't the felony part the child endangerment?

This. Also, seems like an odd choice of 'regular' breakfast if mom is a dietician, IMO...

He doesn't look like he eats anything a dietician would approve of. And based on actions and words, she appears to be the kind to put the needs of man over the needs of a child. No mother would let their child ride to work every morning in an ill fitting seat if she was watching all that closely what RH was doing with their child.

HLN just said there was a phone call between RH and LH at 4:07pm on the 18th? Does anyone remember that being discussed before today?

Wouldn't that be the one minute phone call between the two? The one where they finally talked after "missing" each other on the phone?

I am so confused about the charges and what they mean. If they do not have to prove intent, what is the point? That just means, basically, that he was grossly negligent? How can any crime without intent possibly lead to a death penalty case? And what is the felony he was committing leading to Cooper's death? I usually have a handle on legalities in most cases, but not this time.

Think like this. If you are the getaway driver in an armed bank robbery, and someone died during the robbery...you are still going away for murder. You reasonably knew that a robber with weapons involved could cause death. You didn't plan someone was going to get killed, but you still go away for their death.

The same goes for Ross. Because he was negligent with Cooper, that caused his death.

Do we know if LH was denied visit today? I read she didn't get to visit him, but just wondered if RH refused the visit?

If he did, what are people's thoughts on reasons why? Do you think his parents will visit him or his brother?
Do you think it makes him look guilty if he doesn't want to see anyone?

I'm unsure, I'm bet his lawyer will have told him not to talk to anyone about case, visits are recorded right?
I wouldn't be visiting him if I was LH

She was not denied visitation. She met via video for 36 minutes. This was reported last evening. Original rumor mill said she was denied. Not so

Whereas up here in the north nobody is surprised when someone brutally murders their child! What an annoying quote.

It's such a sad statement. I love football AND I'm a southern girl to the core, but can't stand when anyone puts football in a statement like this that elevates it to the status or importance of religion or family. And yes, it has zero to do with the kind of person a man is and whether or not they're a killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans