GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think turning into that back lot of the Pizza place was what he had in mind when he left there but, he couldn't stomach the smell of decomp. any longer and had to get out of that car. He probably kept the windows up also because he didn't want anyone else to detect the odor. By leaving early although he told his friends he would be late leads me to believe he had another plan in mind but had to abandon that for this reason. JMO

I don't recall the detective ever stating at the hearing that Ross actually hooked up with these women. The impression I got was that he was addicted to *advertiser censored*.

JMO

The detective said Harris, who told police he accidentally forgot to take the boy to daycare, had been exchanging nude photos with up to six women while he was at work the day the child died. He also said that the investigation revealed Harris had a habit of speaking with various women through computer-related messaging services and had even met up with some women and told at least one that he had cheated on his wife before.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/police-dad-sexted-girl-17-pictures-while-son-was-dying-in-hot-car/

I don't recall the detective ever stating at the hearing that Ross actually hooked up with these women. The impression I got was that he was addicted to *advertiser censored*.

JMO

Sorry for the confusion I caused! :blushing:

Bratislava had posed a "what if" scenario suggesting RH planned to hook up with someone later that day. I was responding to that. I think Stoddard did say he'd done so in the past.

ETA: It is correct that he'd had at least one hookup in the past - I was responding to a "what if" thought that he had planned one on that day.

JMO
The detective testified that RH met up with one sexting buddy at a park (Olde Rope Mill Park) that is located in Woodstock, GA.

Okay, here's another thought. Why would someone be so concerned about whether or not it is legal to have sex with a 16 year old, i.e. checking age of consent, but seemingly not be concerned whatsoever about killing his own child? The prosecution had no time frame on the search for surviving prison, so it may have been more about his extra-marital activities.

Perhaps it's because one scenario leaves a witness who can testify, and one does not?

He apparently did.

Sorry to be shallow but what kind of woman would.......ugh....

by leaving the office early that day he also avoided all those pesky encounters with other employees leaving for the day in the parking lot, where his child lay dead. Much like arriving late ensured a much lesser risk of someone arriving to work discovering the child.

MOO it was very very important that his two long time friends be the ones who witnessed his performance.

I think that man tried like hell to get to that theatre so he could dramatically pull into the lot next to them at the theatre and put on his little grief performance.

Maddio's was never the plan, he was thinking on the fly and it shows. Again, JMO

by leaving the office early that day he also avoided all those pesky encounters with other employees leaving for the day in the parking lot, where his child lay dead. Much like arriving late ensured a much lesser risk of someone arriving to work discovering the child.

MOO it was very very important that his two long time friends be the ones who witnessed his performance.

I think that man tried like hell to get to that theatre so he could dramatically pull into the lot next to them at the theatre and put on his little grief performance.

Maddio's was never the plan, he was thinking on the fly and it shows. Again, JMO

Do you think he opted not to go to the theater because the smell was so bad so he had to "discover" Cooper sooner?

RH did indeed meet up with one of the two females Stoddard had located met and interviewed at the time of the probable cause hearing.

Stoddard testified that one of those females report having met up with RH at a local park. Just a few weeks before Cooper died if I remember. It is in the transcripts. The park was named but I cannot recall it off the top of my head.

Wonder if it is south of HD treehouse location and could account for that odd report about RH heading the "opposite" direction at first after work? Cheaters are lazy IME and creatures of habit.

Do you think he opted not to go to the theater because the smell was so bad so he had to "discover" Cooper sooner?

To put it bluntly, yes, I think the man was about to puke all over himself - I think he knew at some point on that drive he was not going to make it to the theatre. Getting out of your car puking from the overwhelming odor of death and perhaps feces associated with you slow roasted child did not align with his vision of how things needed to play out IMO.

Are there any Lawyers in our midst? Does anyone know the specific charges at this time? If we are waiting for a grand jury indictment then we do not know what the actual charges will be, but as of now if I knew the specific charges I can look up Georgia law to find out if criminal intent or specific premeditation is a element that must be proved to the judge or jury? Help me! Anybody know????? MOO

Like I said earlier he wanted his friends to find Cooper at lunch. Thats the reason he just HAD to have those lightbulbs right then. He backed in to give his plan time to work killing poor little Cooper but then he needed a reason for his friends to come near his car when he felt it was time. He couldn't bear to find him that way and he needed reinforcements "friends" to help his alibi. I feel the whole going to the movie thing was planned during lunch were it not? Do we know whos idea it was for JH to go out with friends for lunch?

Are you sure? I know Stoddard testified that RH had hooked up in the past but I don't remember him saying that RH had planned for a hookup with someone after work on the day Cooper died.

I was responding that he had hooked up in the past. My response to you became before the edits to your post.

To put it bluntly, yes, I think the man was about to puke all over himself - I think he knew at some point on that drive he was not going to make it to the theatre. Getting out of your car puking from the overwhelming odor of death and perhaps feces associated with you slow roasted child did not align with his vision of how things needed to play out IMO.
He probably also knew that his friends wouldn't believe his story if the smell were that bad. Then they would wonder if his nose were broke or was this intentional. IMO

we have a thread with discussion about the charges cady. Right now he is charged with child neglect/cruelty in the 2nd degree. A felony. Since Cooper died during that felony, murder charges attache as well.

From what I understand, these charges will still need to be presented to and upheld by by a grand jury before the case can proceed to trial.

gitana1 is a verified attorney and has been following this case.

There is also a thread titled "questions and hopefully answers" in regard to this case. gitana1 started it, so I am thinking you could ask her questions there and get teh best chance of her noticing and answering them.

I hope that helps :)

Like I said earlier he wanted his friends to find Cooper at lunch. Thats the reason he just HAD to have those lightbulbs right then. He backed in to give his plan time to work killing poor little Cooper but then he needed a reason for his friends to come near his car when he felt it was time. He couldn't bear to find him that way and he needed reinforcements "friends" to help his alibi. I feel the whole going to the movie thing was planned during lunch were it not? Do we know whos idea it was for JH to go out with friends for lunch?

You and I are on the exact same page on this. I don't think we have been told about when the idea of the movie came up. I strongly suspect it came up after RH returned to the treehouse after lunch, and after his friends failed to see him "find" Cooper.

I too want to know who suggested these movie plans and exactly when.

I was responding that he had hooked up in the past. My response to you became before the edits to your post.

Thanks! Sorry about that - I went ahead and deleted the above post.

He said at the scene (according to witnesses) that Cooper was choking and the sound made him remember, so he pulled over.

Thank you, fruity :blowkiss: Oh my, :doh: choking? I think not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow