GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He would not have seen him at lunch. The car seat would have prevented that.

I am just not sure of this info yet.

Exactly - we don't know if he could or could not see cooper in the car seat. A poster with the same car (but different car seat and much shorter) has said she could see her kid. But that doesn't prove anything one way or another. We do know he went to the car during lunch and opened a door

You miss the point. The police are saying it is not true.

""You wonder where this stuff comes from," Officer Mike Bowman told PEOPLE on Thursday. Bowman was referring to reports that the child's father, Justin Ross Harris, did an Internet search for how long it takes for an animal to die in a hot car. "

http://www.people.com/article/toddl...s-georgia-murder-police-respond-false-reports

but we only have PEOPLE's word that that's what Bowman was refering to as this stuff...may have been something else entirely or mis relayed from PEOPLE reporter to PEOPLE reporter..

I have read direct quotes and or seen video interviews of approx four witnesses. Two females two males.

One of the males is quoted about the child being stiff and still maintaining a seated pose when removed form the vehicle.l

Let me see if I can find it.

media link page

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/smyrna/2014/06/27/hot-car-death-cooper-harris/11557671/

More information on the case could be released over the next 48 hours. According to the clerk's office, the applications for a total of 11 search warrants will be released this weekend. The warrants will not spell out what police actually found or seized, but they will include information about their theory of the crime and what specifically they were looking for.

Harris will remain locked up at least until his probable cause hearing on July 3.

Somewhere there is a quote from LE saying they could no longer confirm that Cooper was in the car at 9:00 a.m. My thought when I read that was that there was no witness that saw Cooper at Chickfil-a.

Salem
" Let's start at the beginning of the day, Brooke, where according to this warrant from Cobb County Police Department, Justin Ross Harris was seen. So that suggests that there's surveillance video. He was seen having breakfast at this Chick-fil-A restaurant not far from his home and from his workplace, and placing little Cooper into this car seat in the rear seat, rear- facing in the center of that seat.*"

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1406/25/cnr.09.html

You miss the point. The police are saying it is not true.

""You wonder where this stuff comes from," Officer Mike Bowman told PEOPLE on Thursday. Bowman was referring to reports that the child's father, Justin Ross Harris, did an Internet search for how long it takes for an animal to die in a hot car. "

http://www.people.com/article/toddl...s-georgia-murder-police-respond-false-reports

I will flip the bold to the not bolded in yours because that is what the LEO said (direct quote) the BBY is paraphrased by a reporter. MOO

...and I would like to add that the witness or witnesses saying that Harris was behaving like he was "acting" or "theatrical" didn't start coming in until almost a week later. The only thing I smelled then was witness tampering. ... And for those beating the drum, no one denies that the actions of the father led to the death of this child. This thread is about more "sinister" motives and is not a memorial to this poor, poor child. I can't drive the a parking lot without being haunted by this terrible tragedy. But the " I can't believe a parent could forget" argument is cliche and is meant for another group. ... Because they do....whether you understand it or not ... Whether you endorse laws against it or not... Approximately one in ten million American humans (mostly children) will die in a hot car a year until some inventor and manufacturers solve it.

Someone previously accused you of being a defense attorney I think. But now I see clearly you are a plaintiff's product liability attorney ;)

but we only have PEOPLE's word that that's what Bowman was refering to as this stuff...may have been something else entirely or mis relayed from PEOPLE reporter to PEOPLE reporter..

No the reporter had to have asked him to have gotten that answer and posted it that way. The reporter knows what he was replying to.

That for me fits.

I will flip the bold to the not bolded in yours because that is what the LEO said (direct quote) the BBY is paraphrased by a reporter. MOO

If he put that there, To me that means that is what he was asked about. That lines up with the answer. There would be no reason for the reporter to add that otherwise.

Actually it is. Changing routines in anyway can make you forget. It is odd, but just think of times you are driving somewhere different, and then realize you went the way you usually went and have to turn around.

I think we have all done that.

The problem I have with it is where he needed to drop Cooper off at was 2/10 of a mile from where they ate. He could see it from CFL. I just do not believe he fits that mold and I do not believe he forgot Cooper was there and I do not believe Cooper was quiet or asleep. jmo

I think LE said that in the beginning about 'not sure if he was in the car at 9'. Which made me wonder if there was something else going on about his time to go to work.

The comment about confirming if he was in the car or not at 9am came before the release of the information about breakfast. So I think they cancel each other out.

I wonder if that does not come from LE knowing about the chick-fil a trip but not having seen footage or having witness statement yet confirming a live child was with him on entry and exit and seen going live into the vehicle. then LE perhaps found their confirmation that a live Cooper went into the vehicle at the restaurant.

I wonder if that does not come from LE knowing about the chick-fil a trip but not having seen footage or having witness statement yet confirming a live child was with him on entry and exit and seen going live into the vehicle. then LE perhaps found their confirmation that a live Cooper went into the vehicle at the restaurant.

That makes sense. Rather than just driving through or being caught alone.

She was purposely looking for the child though. If you think the child is at day car you and not purposely trying to see if a child was there you wouldn't notice because at best you can see a leg or foot flopping around in a car seat rear facing that's big enough to hold a child that's almost 2. The person with the exact same car also didn't confirm if the seat was in the center or behind pne of the from seats. They also didn't say if they were sitting in the front seat looking or opened the driver side door as it was said Ross did at lunch. He didn't get in.

But - if you opened the car door and caught the whiff of a dirty diaper, I would think it would trigger a memory. I think it would almost be a knee-jerk reaction to look towards the car seat.

I know some don't believe there would have been a smell, and maybe some of us are more sensitive to the odor, but I find it hard to believe he didn't notice anything. But then, who knows? :)

But - if you opened the car door and caught the whiff of a dirty diaper, I would think it would trigger a memory. I think it would almost be a knee-jerk reaction to look towards the car seat.

I know some don't believe there would have been a smell, and maybe some of us are more sensitive to the odor, but I find it hard to believe he didn't notice anything. But then, who knows? :)

I think it is hard because we don't all have the same sniffer.

Actually it is. Changing routines in anyway can make you forget. It is odd, but just think of times you are driving somewhere different, and then realize you went the way you usually went and have to turn around.

I think we have all done that.

I think you are forgetting that taking Cooper to daycare WAS his routine. That was not changed by anyone, except the "father" who left him in the car instead. Funny how a 3 minute car trip is enough to make a man forget about the son he just ate breakfast with.

I don't buy it. I never will. The evidence presented supports what is in jail for.

That is my point. He doesn't pick the child up at daycare.

So how does he think the baby got in the car? Where does he think the baby was all day?

He thought he dropped him at daycare so he thought he was there all day according to him? I'm a little surprised by your question lol. He didn't know he left him in the car until he was driving away from work.

I think you are forgetting that taking Cooper to daycare WAS his routine. That was not changed by anyone, except the "father" who left him in the car instead. Funny how a 3 minute car trip is enough to make a man forget about the son he just ate breakfast with.

I don't buy it. I never will. The evidence presented supports what is in jail for.

They alternated. IT was not always his routine.

"Harris and his wife alternated days for dropping off Cooper at the day care, Saini said."

http://m.knoxnews.com/news/2014/jun/20/ga-man-charged-murder/

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/local/smyrna/2014/06/27/hot-car-death-cooper-harris/11557671/

More information on the case could be released over the next 48 hours. According to the clerk's office, the applications for a total of 11 search warrants will be released this weekend. The warrants will not spell out what police actually found or seized, but they will include information about their theory of the crime and what specifically they were looking for.

Harris will remain locked up at least until his probable cause hearing on July 3.

that's a whole lotta knocking going on --11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members