GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But Cooper was seen at Chik fila with RH that morning alive.

Always My Opinion Only!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somewhere there is a quote from LE saying they could no longer confirm that Cooper was in the car at 9:00 a.m. My thought when I read that was that there was no witness that saw Cooper at Chickfil-a.

Salem

CNN just showed a new product called baby alert that some dads are using when traveling with kids. The FOB like product beeps if you leave kid in auto.

That's a good idea because I'm such a spacehead I could totally see myself leaving a kid in a car.

Millions of people have breakfast on the way to work and no toddler has been fried in their own family auto - until now. Fortunately Georgia is a state that still executes. Expert on HLN said when convicted they would push for execution.

Who's the expert on HLN?

Somewhere there is a quote from LE saying they could no longer confirm that Cooper was in the car at 9:00 a.m. My thought when I read that was that there was no witness that saw Cooper at Chickfil-a.

Salem

Geez... so if that's the case did he "forget" as soon as he pulled out of the driveway?

Those witnesses reported about his little legs being up in the air from the get go....it was a visual they described that I have not forgotten.......I am pretty tough but hearing about his little legs up in the air about finished me up.

Salem

They're confirmed at Chik-Fil-A since then. It's in the revised warrant that came on earlier this week. I'm sure there's a video. The uncertainty was likely before they'd seen it. jmo

Randy Travis is an EXCEPTIONAL reporter with inside sources you don't have privy. It's obvious someone with Cobb county police force told Randy. Many times reporters get inside info "off the record". Common practice. HTH.

IMO, it is a bad idea to completely trust any reporter.

Bartender Artiyka Eastland, 25, of Smyrna
The baby was a grey/blue color, not its natural color. I know he was in the car seat but when the dad placed him on the ground his legs stayed in the same sitting position, as if he was laying on the ground with his knees up in the air stiff. It wasn’t natural.

Eyewitness Edward Cockerham, 49
He was lifeless, he was in the same position as if he were sitting in the carseat,” Hamilton said. “It’s something that I’ll remember for a long time.”

http://m.ajc.com/news/news/breaking-news/autopsy-results-may-answer-questions-in-toddlers-d/ngQwF/

http://m.ajc.com/videos/news/child-dies-after-being-left-in-car-for-nearly-8/vCfTBg/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-animal-die-hot-car-toddler-son-died-way.html

gngr~snap - thanks so much for bumping these up. I appreciate it.

Salem

Geez... so if that's the case did he "forget" as soon as he pulled out of the driveway?

I think LE said that in the beginning about 'not sure if he was in the car at 9'. Which made me wonder if there was something else going on about his time to go to work.

RSBM

Thanks, gngr~snap ; I knew I'd read that earlier when this happened, but I couldn't find it.

So, Cooper was in full rigor mortis and was in the sitting position ; and not laid out limp and flat ?
So he may have been dead when J.H. went out to his vehicle at noon ? (that part just does it for me) Even if Harris forgot in a few minutes that Cooper was in the suv, he would have noticed him at the lunch break.
Sorry -- I really want to swear so badly !!!
:moo:

I know little of the rigor process so I have to ask- stiff legs and his position is enough to qualify as full rigor?

I wish they released time of death

Salem

The comment about confirming if he was in the car or not at 9am came before the release of the information about breakfast. So I think they cancel each other out.

Didn't he wonder where the baby was all day?

He goes out to the car and his baby is choking while he is driving. The baby he did not pick up at daycare.

Yup. That makes sense.

that is a stumbling block for me getting to the point some are at where he literally did not know til he left work and was driving just before pulling into the lot and pulling Cooper from the car.

That is tough. Now I know that some will say that the witnesses have been tampered with or have suddenly after following on the news, embelishing. And I get the theory for some that believing he knew and did not act for some period of time requires too much stretching. But I believe the opposite to be true.

I believe that the LE statements (actual direct quotes not paraphrasing by reporters) say something telling. And that is that they wholeheartedly believe that this father knew at some point and did not act.

Neither viewpoint can be proven out at this time. I believe when trial comes we will better understand the charges that were levied and what we have read from LE, witnesses, etc in the press. I think trial will help us understand what is fact and what is fiction.

Til then, none of us is likely to sway the other of a differing viewpoint.

I so appreciate that we can have these discussions and disagree completely on how we view a case, and still remain respectful and civil.

THANK YOU Websleuths.com !

There were some nice folks on here who actually tested that out....with the same type of car.....she even tried to stand on something and look in through tinted windows.....the car seat was in the middle of the back seat....she reported you would be aware of at least a part of his little body. HTH.

It does not matter to me that other people may have seen it. They were looking for it. He was not. IT is absolutely possible that he missed the child in the RFing seat.

I know little of the rigor process so I have to ask- stiff legs and his position is enough to qualify as full rigor?

I wish they released time of death
BBM

Someone posted upthread when that info. might be released ; maybe tomorrow ?
I also realize some things are not released lest they impede the investigation ; not sure if TOD or COD would qualify ?

As far as rigor mortis, I do not know absolutely, but most of what I've learned about it has been here on WS :blushing: , and various links from this site.
:twocents:

There were some nice folks on here who actually tested that out....with the same type of car.....she even tried to stand on something and look in through tinted windows.....the car seat was in the middle of the back seat....she reported you would be aware of at least a part of his little body. HTH.

She was purposely looking for the child though. If you think the child is at day car you and not purposely trying to see if a child was there you wouldn't notice because at best you can see a leg or foot flopping around in a car seat rear facing that's big enough to hold a child that's almost 2. The person with the exact same car also didn't confirm if the seat was in the center or behind pne of the from seats. They also didn't say if they were sitting in the front seat looking or opened the driver side door as it was said Ross did at lunch. He didn't get in.

Well if you read through the previous treads you would know that he doesn't normally pick up the child from daycare so that's a non issue if we choose to believe that info is correct. I don't believe he was choking and didn't imply he was.

Parents who accidentally leave their children in the car have stated they really think the child is dropped of. So I'm sure he thought about his child many times but it wouldn't trigger an oh no moment because he thought he was at the daycare all day.

This assuming it was an accident.

That is my point. He doesn't pick the child up at daycare.

So how does he think the baby got in the car? Where does he think the baby was all day?

That is my point. He doesn't pick the child up at daycare.

So how does he think the baby got in the car? Where does he think the baby was all day?

Well he knows how the baby got in the car. All day he thought the baby was at daycare.

This whole thread off-shoot is getting painful to read. If we cannot take info given to us by a reporter who claims to have spoken to two LE sources and discuss it as reasonable info in the case, what is the point of this entire website?? We can only take info from official documents and court proceedings as "facts" because then we have "proof"? Even then it's not "proof", it's stuff thrown at a wall lawyers hope will stick. Isn't this a forum for discussing information, getting more information and sharing ideas? Otherwise... what is the point??

Using OtterPops post as a jumping off point, I just want to remind everyone that WS relies on MSM for it's "facts" in a case. Standard procedure. That doesn't mean you have to believe if you don't want to. That's okay. But for our purposes, that's what we use to establish facts.

Part of discussing is discussing both sides, or many sides, to an issue. It doesn't mean changing other posters' minds. And posters do not have to engage in any discussion that doesn't interest them. You can have more than one discussion going at a time. Engage in the discussion that interests you and scroll through the rest. It's all good :)

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members