GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly.

I just hope the little guy fell asleep and didn't suffer. :sigh: I hate the thought of him crying out, but then someone may have noticed. Hmm...was there an autopsy performed and were the results released? I wonder now if the little guy had been "silenced" before he went to work, perhaps by suffocation, and the whole "oops, I forgot my babe in my vehicle" was just to cover up the actual cause to make it look like an accident. Otherwise, you'd think he'd worry about a passerby hearing a child's cries. Even if everyone was supposedly already inside work, someone else may have wandered through the parking lot late and noticed.

The autopsy results showed he died by hyperthermia (extreme heat). They are still waiting for the toxicology reports, if this was murder sadly I think the tox scan will come back clean...and yes this baby died a slow and gruesome death.

Considering his manner of death, I find that all very creepy to mention so much about his love of cars. :(

That's what I thought! I've been reading statement analysis and the would "protect", "car" and "vehicle" are sensitive words to the writer.

Did anyone get a screen shot of the photo of the car just like his?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://twitter.com/FOX5Atlanta/status/482941742497280000/photo/1

Retweeted by Randy Travis
FOX 5 Atlanta ‏@FOX5Atlanta 12m
Celebrating the Life of little
Cooper Mills Harris.

Oh, my. Cooper would've been 2-years-old in August. It's a shame he won't go through the "terrible 2s", he won't have his first day at school, he won't...

Looking at his picture, tears streaming down my face. He didn't deserve this. This is just so awful, so sad, so tragic. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE WHO DO THIS??!! How could anybody, yet alone his own father (IMO) kill this sweet boy?! And in such a horrific manner...he literally baked to death. Ok, I just can't...

Rest in peace, Cooper. :rose: :rose: :rose:

Trying to catch up. Been working on taxes in prep for an audit. I think I'll just tell IRS that my computer crashed and the documents are gone. :floorlaugh:

Just wanted to ask this: Have any witnesses came forward who were in the Chic Fila? I'm very curious as to how dad was interacting with Cooper and if Cooper was crying or having a hissy fit or anything.

Thanks if anyone can help.

I am curious if ANYONE called 911. Reports seem to be that officers on normal patrol in the area saw some ruckus at the strip mall where the pizza joint was located and where Harris pulled yelling something about choking and "what have I done" he apparently also yelled for help and for someone to call 911 but I don't think any call was ever made because the beat cops arrived before that action was even taken.

MOO if there were any 911 calls from Harris or bystanders out there we would have heard them by now.

There was a call made to 911. It is linked upthread. The arriving officer said they were responding to ' a man down' call.

there are those who have staunchly given this man the benefit of the doubt.

I have always believed LE had good reason to believe this was not some oopsy.

But I have also followed cases where LE has believed a parent was guilty of the crime and I strongly felt otherwise.

So I am glad there was that POV in this conversation. While I was not in the minority on this case in my POV, I have been in others. It is very difficult to be "that member". So props to them and their responsible attempts to convey their own POVs even as most here were viewing things very differently.

Thanks for this post.

some of us guests have accounts but are just to lazy to sign in.. lol ive been quiet up until now but reading since this all began in the first thread. I usually come by when a case grabs my attention and something seems off. my curiosity is running rampant right now. this site does such a great job of having all the news in 1 place so i dont need to go searching :)

From the moment i heard this case it was a "wtf" moment that none of it made sense to me. Im a very forgetful single father but i still cant grasp how someone would forget their kid is in the car, especially for a full day, and not realize until a few miles down road. Ive forgot my phone, wallet, keys, groceries etc.. but never one of my kids. never even been scared about forgetting.

some things that have been on my mind

1) any time i have forgot to contact a daycare that one of my child's wouldn't be coming in, I've gotten a call from the receptionist just to see whats up. Ive been wondering if any attempt at contact was made.

2) The smell. I cant think of an incident where i heard a child was left in a car, and they hadn't soiled a diaper. and my kids just loved to go once in a car seat.. One would think the moment he opened his car door he would be hit with a smell and begin to wonder. My car is a mess and i still search and track down where a smell is coming from. especially if its as bad as the rumors have mentioned

3) looking up at what temp a child would die is just messed up. If thats the wording of his search.. i could accept "kids and cars" .. maybe. Ive searched about leaving them in cars for very short durations, not in any specific weather, like a gas station. Being a single dad i dont have alot of people to ask for these kinda things. my 8yo still complains when i make him get out for just 2 minutes lol but im paranoyed

4) I have never even been close to atlanta so i dont know the city at all, but looking at google, i plotted the gerenal area of his house, where the 2 home depot offices are and the mall he pulled over. To me it looks like the mall is in the wrong direction. but maybe those streets are better that time of day?

You sound like a great daddy.

There's still a chance that the daycare DID in fact call one of Cooper's parents to inquire about his absence. We are assuming they didn't.

Oh I actually think that's still a very open question for many of us.

How tragic for poor Cooper that he did not pay attention to this "premonition." :-( Talk about a missed opportunity!

IMO if I had a "premonition" that something bad was going to happen and I took the time to research it in order to prevent it, it would make me hyper aware. After researching and knowing the consequences, I would be checking twice every single time I left my car to make sure there was nothing alive human or animal in it when I left. This seems even more damning. I like others, found it hard to believe he forgot the baby in such a short period of time. But now you add in that he knew very well his child could die in the car, and he still let it happen!?!?

I'm still trying to catch up- Just read the warrants. Looks like the comments are the same on each so I stopped. I'm sorry if this as been asked and answered but is the location of breakfast further than previously reported?

The Chick-fil-A in Vinings is at 2485 Cumberland Parkway SE
The Treehouse location of Home Depot is at 2600 Cumberland Parkway SE

According to Google Maps is it a distance of .6 miles and would take approximately 3 minutes to drive.

I lived about 1 mile from there (Spring Hill Rd.) for several years. There is traffic but unless there is a wreck - it moves along. The distance is shockingly short - imho.

I read the obit again today after reading that the father was cropped out of the photo with little Cooper and his mom....and it was....I cannot remember if he was in the photo previously that was posted with the obit....if he was that will be telling as to why he was cropped out, IMO.

Not sure if this has been addressed but that photo may not have been posted by a family member. Anyone who sends a message has the ability to post photos. I think just a regular person who is keeping up with Cooper's death posted that photo.

When a friend passed away he had people from all over the US posting pictures of him from times that he was away from our home state at college, military etc.

huh? which post number Linda, I could have made an error while respectfully snipping or in teh reply process if it is my post - give me the number and I can fix it before my time to edit runs

You're fine.

It's only happening on tapatalk whenever someone uses multi quote.

According to Google Maps is it a distance of .6 miles and would take approximately 3 minutes to drive.

I lived about 1 mile from there (Spring Hill Rd.) for several years. There is traffic but unless there is a wreck - it moves along. The distance is shockingly short - imho.

Great thanks! Just wanted to make sure it was the same distance that we had discussed yesterday. So much to read and want to keep my facts straight.

There's still a chance that the daycare DID in fact call one of Cooper's parents to inquire about his absence. We are assuming they didn't.

I don't think anyone here is. We all want to know what they found on his phone and heard from the daycare center.

You know what has been bothering me from the start of this sad, horrifying case? I just had a recent sudden death in the family, and my eyes were so red and swollen that afternoon from crying so much. When you look at his mug shot, I don't see ANY evidence of recent tears or upset. His eyes are totally clear, no swelling, nothing. It just seems inexplicable to me. Like so much of this case.

I thought the exact same thing after seeing his mug shot. I would have expected to see the ravages of grief. Swollen red eyes, sorrow. But I did not see that at all.

BBM yes, that would align with the reporter who did test drive on the distance to determine the time between destinations. 3 minutes. 3 minutes to forget about a child you literally JUST strapped back into the car. I do not see how anyone sees this as possible. :twocents:

some of us guests have accounts but are just to lazy to sign in.. lol ive been quiet up until now but reading since this all began in the first thread. I usually come by when a case grabs my attention and something seems off. my curiosity is running rampant right now. this site does such a great job of having all the news in 1 place so i dont need to go searching :)

From the moment i heard this case it was a "wtf" moment that none of it made sense to me. Im a very forgetful single father but i still cant grasp how someone would forget their kid is in the car, especially for a full day, and not realize until a few miles down road. Ive forgot my phone, wallet, keys, groceries etc.. but never one of my kids. never even been scared about forgetting.

some things that have been on my mind

1) any time i have forgot to contact a daycare that one of my child's wouldn't be coming in, I've gotten a call from the receptionist just to see whats up. Ive been wondering if any attempt at contact was made.

2) The smell. I cant think of an incident where i heard a child was left in a car, and they hadn't soiled a diaper. and my kids just loved to go once in a car seat.. One would think the moment he opened his car door he would be hit with a smell and begin to wonder. My car is a mess and i still search and track down where a smell is coming from. especially if its as bad as the rumors have mentioned

3) looking up at what temp a child would die is just messed up. If thats the wording of his search.. i could accept "kids and cars" .. maybe. Ive searched about leaving them in cars for very short durations, not in any specific weather, like a gas station. Being a single dad i dont have alot of people to ask for these kinda things. my 8yo still complains when i make him get out for just 2 minutes lol but im paranoyed

4) I have never even been close to atlanta so i dont know the city at all, but looking at google, i plotted the gerenal area of his house, where the 2 home depot offices are and the mall he pulled over. To me it looks like the mall is in the wrong direction. but maybe those streets are better that time of day?
Thank you for joining in:seeya: I always love to hear a dad express his views on these cases!!!!:seeya:

Not sure if this has been addressed but that photo may not have been posted by a family member. Anyone who sends a message has the ability to post photos. I think just a regular person who is keeping up with Cooper's death posted that photo.

When a friend passed away he had people from all over the US posting pictures of him from times that he was away from our home state at college, military etc.

Thanks for posting this - I started the discussion about the cropped photo - I apologize for the misleading information. When I viewed the online version on my (less than smart) phone - it did not show it was posted by others - it just showed the photo and I assumed it was an official one.

I think from his tweet of the program that Randy Travis is at the service - I wonder if he will post any thoughts or observations. It has to be a heart-breaking funeral.

Police warrants show dad researched child deaths inside hot cars

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/crime/2014/06/28/justin-ross-harris-child-hot-car-death/11609645/

During an interview with Justin, He stated that he recently researched, through the internet, child deaths inside vehicles and what temperature it needs to be for that to occur. Justin stated that he was fearful that this could happen.
Way behind but Oh.My.God. I guess the leaks were true, but only worse!

No words.

Has anyone sleuthed out Justin Harris yet? e.g. facebook, usernames, other social media accounts, etc. He was a web designer so he must be out there on the internet, likely quite a bit IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member