GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so Ross worked at HomeDept for 2 years and started just before his son was born. So what was he doing before that? Freelance?

Reported she said" people may wonder why she is not distraught and emotional and it is because she is a woman of God". I am sure I am not quoting exact words. Why does that sound familiar? Or strange ?

Retweeted by Jodie Fleischer
WSB-TV ‏@wsbtv 9m
JUST IN: Father who left son in car made emotional jailhouse call to son's funeral thanking everyone for support. Live report on Ch2 at 6pm.

CNN reporting JRH has called into to service on speaker phone, sobbing but thanking all for support. Wife stood up and gave speech and defended him. Congregation stood in show of support. She also talked about having more children when this is over. WOW.

OMG is all I can say. JMO

NicoleEstaphanFOX5 @NicoleEFOX5 · 51m
Mother: " Ross is, was and will be a wonderful Daddy." @FOX5Atlanta

https://twitter.com/NicoleEFOX5

Could she possibly be pregnant? I can't think of any other reason to bring up future children at such a time like this when your focus could only be on this irreplaceable child.

It seems totally inappropriate to me for him to do a call in and especially one to thank people instead of to just say something to honor his child.

People are usually thanked on the program as it is often too difficult for the grief stricken parents to even speak.The funerals of children that I have attended usually have close family and friends address the congregation on behalf of the parents for this very reason.

Not to say there is an etiquette for such a thing, but it seems to be lacking in sensitivity to speculate about future babies before this one is even buried.

"First of all Ross, I love you and I'm doing this for you, OK?" she said. "This is not where I expected to be here today. Two years ago when we welcomed a 6-pound, 8-ounce perfect baby into the world. This never crossed my mind.

" A lot of you know how much I prayed for a child and how much I worried about never being able to have a child, but it happened in God's time."

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/28/us/georgia-toddler-funeral/index.html

"Am I angry with Ross?" Leanna Harris said at the funeral in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. "Absolutely not. It has never crossed my mind. Ross is and was and will be if we have more children a wonderful father. Ross is a wonderful daddy and leader for our children."

That sounds like they have more than one...I am thinking pregnancy is possible.

Who talks about having other children "when this is over" at their own child's funeral? That just seems WAY over the top inappropriate to me - reminds me of the statement when someone loses one of their children and some insensitive person says, "Well at least you've got other children...." As if children can be interchangeable.

Sorry - just really struck me as tacky.

Casey Anthony also talked about having or adopting other children. Not that I'm accusing mother of anything. It just IS odd to me.

Reported she said" people may wonder why she is not distraught and emotional and it is because she is a woman of God". I am sure I am not quoting exact words. Why does that sound familiar? Or strange ?

This is what devout Christians often say, Patch. They grieve for themselves, but not for their baby's sake - because in their belief their baby is in the arms of Jesus.

When you see very devout Believers lose a child it's a different look from when atheists lose a child. There is a firm belief that their baby is in a better place.

I don't know if I could put one foot in front of the other in a situation like that, but I've seen a parent get up and deliver a heart felt, warm, lovely part of a eulogy when their child has just died.

"There's a peace the surpasses all understanding . . ." She's wracked with pain, but still in an abiding peace.

From Randy Travis' facebook:
Latest Cobb search warrant: Justin Ross Harris admitted to police he did Internet research on how high temperatures needed to get to kill child in hot car. Said he "was fearful this could happen." Law enforcement sources told us Wednesday his work computer was used to search for how hot a car has to get to "kill an animal." Son Cooper being buried today in Alabama.

I also searched and found JH's and his wife's Facebook pages right after this happened and nothing stood out as odd to me. Well, I did think there was a more than normal amount of "selfies" for a man. The mom's page was nondescript. Like PaisleyB said, they have since been taken down.

:welcome: Virgoedge!

Thank you for the information regarding Cooper's parents' FB pages!

:seeya:

Not to say there is an etiquette for such a thing, but it seems to be lacking in sensitivity to speculate about future babies before this one is even buried.
BBM

As we say in the South - "Thank You!!"

Nope separate FB accounts.

Found Google + account, not recently updated (at least publicly) https://plus.google.com/115535115215902896690/posts

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/pub/ross-harris/2b/974/9a0

ETA: In response to your question about a name in the facebook url, I checked my history and believe it was rossharris so the url would have been: https://www.facebook.com/rossharris

Does LE close fb accounts or does the family? I've always wondered that, it happens in almost every case within 24 hours or sooner.

I cannot bring myself to do it. So I am trying to remain seated on hands at moment until the conversation turns somewhere I feel I can post responsibly. Many thoughts on reports of the funeral have occurred to me in a kneejerk fashion. But most are not terribly kind which makes me uncomfortable voicing them.

I think I will refrain from opining on mom's behaviors or comments at funeral. She is a victim and I am really not comfortable trying to judge how she should behave, what she should think or say.

I am very conscious of the fact that people process tragic losses very differently and my heart is breaking for her having to absorb the loss of her only child and her husband being charged as responsible.

Could she possibly be pregnant? I can't think of any other reason to bring up future children at such a time like this when your focus could only be on this irreplaceable child.

It seems totally inappropriate to me for him to do a call in and especially one to thank people instead of to just say something to honor his child.

People are usually thanked on the program as it is often too difficult for the grief stricken parents to even speak.The funerals of children that I have attended usually have close family and friends address the congregation on behalf of the parents for this very reason.

Lacking in sensitivity toward whom, exactly? This is a grieving mother speaking. I can't imagine that any reaction or anything she could say would be odd or unusual - from sobbing loudly the whole time to appearing to not know where she is to giggling. Yes, giggling. People in shock giggle sometimes. This is the most profound grief (in my opinion) that a human can experience - a mother grieving her beloved dead son.

Who should she be being "sensitive" to? Her son is dead, so not him. Anyone else in the room would be feeling a grief that is lesser than hers.

So the car had tinted windows. And I read they were especially dark in the back. It just occurred to me that tinted windows ought to reduce the internal temperature of the car vs. outside, right? I only did a brief search so far, BUT it sure does!!!

Blue22, you said you have the same car. Do you know anyone about the tinting, is it a standard feature or customized? Different % of tinting blocks different degrees of UV, and different brands have different efficacy. Wondering about the brand. This brand, for example, blocks between 40-71% of UV:

http://www.tintworld.com/does-window-tint-reduce-heat/

This aspect of his car is something I think he forgot to factor in to his temperature research....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marisa_breanna97