GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mom mentioned Cooper was not sleeping well past few days. What if Cooper was sick and dad knew he couldn't take him to daycare, but he knew he still had to be at work. I'm a mom of 4 and know some people do crazy things to try to get their kids into daycare even if they are sick. What if Cooper's dad knew he had to be at work for some project, but he had to take care of Cooper at home if he was sick and his wife couldn't get off work, so he tried to think of how he could keep Cooper "safely" in car while he popped into work for a bit? What if dad went in late to work. Dropped by for breakfast to get Cooper food and drink for the car, went in to work at 9:00, knowing everyone is probably already in work, thought Cooper was okay with some food and drink, maybe even cracked open windows, went to work, then went back to car at lunch to give Cooper more food/drinks, but then realized it was too late and tried to cover his tracks. Either this way or premeditated, IMHO, still guilty. Just trying to come up with a scenario that might make sense. Either way, not an accident. You have to have a license to have a dog, cut someone's hair for money, go fishing, but no license to have a kid. Just prove to the hospital taking newborn home that you have a carseat. Crazy world.

The web searches...

If he played Russian roulette with his sons life knowing the danger, the current charges are still appropriate.
IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel guilty only about his socialization issues. When he enter pre-k he was reading at a 3rd grade level. Now at 13, he is reading at a 11th grade level. His IQ test score is wondermous. His math skills are amazing! I am proud of my son, I am proud of how I raised him, but I STILL think a day or two a week with other kids in a controlled setting would of made his life easier now.

I think kids who are considered to have advanced abilities, are often behind in one major area. My son is advanced and he was a very late talker. No speech delay, but he has to catch up in an area that is atrophied by the success of others. I put him in speech therapy and it backfired big time. It wasn't that he couldn't do, he just needed to do it in his time. The therapist told me flat out it is not helping him, he just needs to do this when he is ready. We can't control he natural development of a child. I don't think daycare changes children's natural struggles. If he struggles socially, that is probably who he is. Being thrust into it at a venerable age, probably would not have made him any different. I'm sure one day you wll look at him, and see him maturing into his own.

Sorry for the o/t ramble.

How does it work w/ the media and funerals in high-profile cases? Is it possible to prevent them from being there? I think all that was said there, was for the media and the public.

I think that Harris really thought that it would be seen as an accident, and there would not be much of an investigation. But when the questioning started getting intense, and perhaps LE mentioned they would need to look at his computer, he decided to offer up the info about the searches to try to act like he was being "honest" and "upfront" about it.
He actually said this typed this 2 months ago!.
About laptops?
RoscoeUA

I will never understand why people take things like this to an event like that and leave it in their car.

What are the theories for possible motives? Do you think that what LH said at the funeral, means it is unlikely they were close to a divorce/separation? I think it is possible he was having an affair though.

I haven't heard any of that, but why would you just not LEAVE???!!!???

My father left when I was almost 3. It's been a life long hurt, but at least I am alive.

I mean, I know it happens.... but he seems lucky enough to have landed one decent looking lady, much less two. He is NOT easy on the eyes.

I haven't heard any of that, but why would you just not LEAVE???!!!???

My father left when I was almost 3. It's been a life long hurt, but at least I am alive.

I mean, I know it happens.... but he seems lucky enough to have landed one decent looking lady, much less two. He is NOT easy on the eyes.

I think men of a certain narcissism know how to find the right willing affair partner. I'm not sure I think there was an affair, but really anyone can find someone desperate enough.

He also said don't talk to cops.
Ask them if you are being detained or not and walk away.
NOW I know why he was thrown in cuffs.
moo

I just wonder whose idea all of this was? Think about it - they had to make arrangements for the phone to be attached to some sort of microphone - arrange for him to be able to call from jail at just the right time, etc.,etc.

Anyone else suspect that his Defense attorney had a hand in getting this set-up?

The guy is in jail. How else would it happen?

No! I think the poster meant the father should have suggested Cooper be put up for adoption if he didn't want to be a dad.

There were fertility problems.
Maybe he was ok with it and then she got pregnant.
How could a husband ask a wife such a thing?

I have seen it done...
Usually the people couldn't afford another child, already had a houseful.
moo

Why would adoption have even been necessary? There are Dads, we have all heard about them and maybe even know some, that have left their families, and/or relinquished their parental rights. Now this couple is supposedly quite fervently Christian, so they might not have considered that possibility - but nonetheless, that would seem the more logical route if only ONE of the parents didn't want the child (I believe Leanna did). Usually adoption is only considered if BOTH parents don't want the child, or if a single parent doesn't want the child. It seems to me that Leanna would have stepped up and raised Cooper herself if it came to that.

Is it just me, or did she seem to have some nice accomplishments already? Him...not so much. I wonder if she was the breadwinner until Cooper and made more than him. When she had him, maybe the pressure was on to match or exceed her salary? She had her stuff together, and as far as I can tell he had no real professional accomplishment until recently. (Even then, his job is not really special. I'm sure it's a nice job just coming into the field, but it's entry level.) he sure does tout that position now, like it's something to be impressed about.

Is it just me, or did she seem to have some nice accomplishments already? Him...not so much. I wonder if she was the breadwinner until Cooper and made more than him. When she had him, maybe the pressure was on to match or exceed her salary? She had her stuff together, and as far as I can tell he had no real pressional accomplishment until recently. (Even then, his job is not really special. I'm sure it's a nice job just coming into the field, but it's entry level.) he sure does tout that position now, like it's something to be impressed about.

At that point she's a student with a job at Allstate Insurance and he's employed by the University. As you would expect for a couple in the early-to-mid 20's. What accomplishments are you referring to...being in a sorority?

The poster before misunderstood something and thought someone else said he should have adopted a child and killed it rather than his own biological child.
Total mix up there.
Why would adoption have even been necessary? There are Dads, we have all heard about them and maybe even know some, that have left their families, and/or relinquished their parental rights. Now this couple is supposedly quite fervently Christian, so they might not have considered that possibility - but nonetheless, that would seem the more logical route if only ONE of the parents didn't want the child (I believe Leanna did). Usually adoption is only considered if BOTH parents don't want the child, or if a single parent doesn't want the child. It seems to me that Leanna would have stepped up and raised Cooper herself if it came to that.

How long did it take before we knew about Amber Frey? When did that affair become public?

Is it just me, or did she seem to have some nice accomplishments already? Him...not so much. I wonder if she was the breadwinner until Cooper and made more than him. When she had him, maybe the pressure was on to match or exceed her salary? She had her stuff together, and as far as I can tell he had no real professional accomplishment until recently. (Even then, his job is not really special. I'm sure it's a nice job just coming into the field, but it's entry level.) he sure does tout that position now, like it's something to be impressed about.

Not defending him, but what is wrong with an entry level job?
Maybe he graduated from college later than his wife. Computer work is not special but I have worked computer related for 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*