GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like every couple of years. No word on a job before he was with her.

"He held jobs at the University of Alabama from August 2001 until May 2006 as a parking monitor and later as a mail delivery clerk, said Cathy Andreen, university director of media relations.

He worked as a police dispatcher in Tuscaloosa, Alabama, from June 10, 2006, to May 22, 2009, according to Police Department spokesman Sgt. Brent Blankley. He said the department would confirm only Harris' tenure, and not any details from his work history, so we don't know why he left the job."

After that was I guess school and home depot, which he has been at for 2 years. Maybe, he was itching for a change?

ETA" I'm sorry, I absolutely can't get this to link!!! That quote was taken from an article on CNN from yesterday.

I know people just like him.
I bet he would take a serious cut in pay, if the job title was better.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you catch his reddit comment about his ex-girlfriend of 3 years who he said dumped him because her parents thought he wasn't going anywhere with his life?

RH said something to the effect that he couldn't wait to see the looks on their faces when he becomes VP of a Fortune 50 company.

When I read that, I thought - betcha don't want to see the looks on their faces now, do ya, mister future VP?

I find that very interesting.

Thanks.
I don't think enough people know, or have experienced this.

My husband is only 5'6" and he's the most gentle, soft spoken, push over! He never raises his voice and is always doing things for other people. He hates conflict and tends to get taking advantage of.

Before my husband I never dated a man under 6'2" and most of my boyfriends were college or professional athletes. In fact, I wouldn't even consider giving a short guy a chance! They ALL had terrible tempers and one of them almost killed me! I survived and that was seven years ago. I recently got a call from the DA were I had lived with him and he had beaten up the mother of his child and they wanted me to come testify at the trial! Ugh! Anyway, in my experience my little micro man is the kindest, most confident, successful and even tempered man I have ever known! I don't think Harris' height had much to do with him being a terrible person!

The man is searching how to predict what the weather will be like in the future AND searching how long it takes a child to die in a hot car. This is just stomach churning! He was planning and scheming, waiting for the weather to finally get hot enough to carry out his plan. With all the evidence now leaked and the maps of the route, I don't understand how anyone could still think this man is innocent. He was in debt, wanted a bigger house, wanted attention and for people to think he was important and is most likely a narcissist and/or sociopath. Killing his son the way he did got all his boxes checked. I so hope he doesn't get away with this! I feel like I'm watching the male version of Casey Anthony right now!

What money would he attain over the loss of a child? Now if it comes out that he had a life insurance on Cooper, I'll go nuts. I was very superstitious about life insurance on my son when he was born and all those Gerber life insurance plans popped up in my mail box. I immediately threw them away, convinced if I ever purchased one, something dreadful would happen.

If he was merely looking to save on daycare costs and other expenses (diapers, food, etc) - that would be pittance compared to spending the rest of his life behind bars.

my theory: bad marriage, mistress, wanting to move on to the single life.

JMHO

Mel

I wonder if he ever got a chance to speak with his wife, without being monitored, since he was taken straight from the parking lot to the police station. Or do they have all of their calls and conversations recorded?

All recorded:)

Unless he's speaking to his attorney.

What I'm saying is he bounced around from job to job. The jobs never had anything to do with each other and were pretty random. He didn't settle on anything until recently and has had this job. It seems at the time, she had the more solid foundation as far as a path in life, and direction.

The disparagement in relationships, of one person having their stuff together and one person meandering can take it's toll. The pressure of living up to or matching what another person achieved already can cause resentment. I have seen it so many times. I am just speculating. That's allowed.

Assuming you mean disparity? Please don't get the impression I'm saying your speculation is not allowed. If it's okay with the mods, it's okay with me. I don't know why he had the type of jobs had or whether it caused strife in their relationship. It seems that as of now, though, she loves and supports him still. As do many of their friends, family and pastor. Maybe that will change as the evidence comes out and their immediate grief subside. In the meantime, I don't know this guy and the evidence is, for me, in a vacuum. I'm still withholding judgment (not that it matters, since I'll never be called on to judge him) and can't make up my mind for sure whether this was intentional.

Damn... Whole nother level of "WTF you expect us to believe you forgot"????

Yes that was a wow moment for me, too.

Can you guys enlighten me? I;m feeling dumb right now but I;m not getting the map thing!!

What are the theories for possible motives? Do you think that what LH said at the funeral, means it is unlikely they were close to a divorce/separation? I think it is possible he was having an affair though.

I think it's possible he just wanted to be free and not have the financial responsibility and time constraints associated with little ones.

That's why homicide is the leading cause of death among pregnant women. "With husbands or boyfriends, the women tend to be eight months pregnant — they're there and the baby is coming," Brown continued. "They can see the woman and unborn child as something that is in the way, keeps them from living the lifestyle they want." http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=90678

Of course we assume that once a child is born and the child is there, it is harder to not want the child. But not for all.

Someone asked why such a gruesome death for Cooper. (Somewhere I have called him Connor a bunch of times. My apologies). I dont' think it had to do with the desire to inflict pain. Simply, this is a personality disordered monster who only thinks about his needs - not the impact on those around him. So, if it will be easier to get off if the child has an "accidental death" in a hot car, that's what's going to happen. Coooper's suffering is irrelevant.

How does it work w/ the media and funerals in high-profile cases? Is it possible to prevent them from being there? I think all that was said there, was for the media and the public.

There have been numerous funerals in high profile cases where the media is kept out and the service is totally private. IMO, the family invited the media there and wanted them to report.

I haven't heard any of that, but why would you just not LEAVE???!!!???

My father left when I was almost 3. It's been a life long hurt, but at least I am alive.

I mean, I know it happens.... but he seems lucky enough to have landed one decent looking lady, much less two. He is NOT easy on the eyes.

The same reason scott peterson, josh powell, casey anthony, etc., didn;t just leave. Leaving makes them lose the veneer of being the good guy or gal (or parent of spouse). It opens them up to criticism. I think every single one of them has narcissism and part of narcissism is actually a panic deep inside that anyone will find out the truth about who they really are and that they are less than. Narcissists actually have a deep seated inferiority complex. It is so intense that they can kill or kill themselves rather than allow others to criticize them or reveal their true, imperfect natures.

Honestly, that's exactly what I would tell any of my friends and what I do and have told my children. I was brought up to believe that police officers were your friends and would help you. I've learned that's not the case. If a person still believes that LE is inclined to help you, I can see where they'd think the defendant had an attitude. To me, though, it's just a realistic reaction to the situation based on knowledge and experience with LE.

I have a lot of knowledge and experience with LE. My law partner is a criminal defense attorney and I work with him on cases here and there and hear about them pretty much daily. I would never dream of questioning a cop in the manner suggested or refusing to comply with simple requests without receiving demanded for information. At least that would not be close to my initial reaction. That would only happen if I was already embroiled in a horrible situation with LE and believed they had a vendetta against me.

If there is nothing to hide, such an attitude just causes more headaches for yourself.

My husband is only 5'6" and he's the most gentle, soft spoken, push over! He never raises his voice and is always doing things for other people. He hates conflict and tends to get taking advantage of.

Before my husband I never dated a man under 6'2" and most of my boyfriends were college or professional athletes. In fact, I wouldn't even consider giving a short guy a chance! They ALL had terrible tempers and one of them almost killed me! I survived and that was seven years ago. I recently got a call from the DA were I had lived with him and he had beaten up the mother of his child and they wanted me to come testify at the trial! Ugh! Anyway, in my experience my little micro man is the kindest, most confident, successful and even tempered man I have ever known! I don't think Harris' height had much to do with him being a terrible person!

There is no shortage of short men in prisons....or tall men....or average men...

IMO

http://www.cnn.com/

Click on the video to hear from a reporter at the service. He says that the whole thing was directed at the larger audience through the media in attendance.

Ross Harris got a standing ovation at Cooper's funeral.

I don't even know what to say about that. Anyone else?

What money would he attain over the loss of a child? Now if it comes out that he had a life insurance on Cooper, I'll go nuts. I was very superstitious about life insurance on my son when he was born and all those Gerber life insurance plans popped up in my mail box. I immediately threw them away, convinced if I ever purchased one, something dreadful would happen.

If he was merely looking to save on daycare costs and other expenses (diapers, food, etc) - that would be pittance compared to spending the rest of his life behind bars.

JMHO

Mel

She worked at an insurance company, you can bet your last dollar they were all insured.

IMO

JMHO

Mel

Truth is, we may never know the motive and it's not necessary to find the motive to convict him. But it sure would be nice!

I don't have a problem with how many jobs he had or what it has to do with anything. The past several years, the job market has sucked. I did not know that he is a bragger but that still does not have anything to do with the baby's death. IMO. I think he wanted out if the marriage and did not want to pay child support. All speculation on my part.

I do agree with your speculation. I'm not so concerned (right now) about how many jobs he's had. My BIL must have gone through 8 or 10 before finally landing his VP job. My DH has been with the same company going on 9 years in Dec. It's all part of the economy, IMHO. I haven't worked since 2008. So I've seen many scenarios.

I do find it curious that the wife is supporting him. If the marriage was bad, I don't think we'd be seeing that. Unless my hinky meter is right and there is a mistress in the wings.

MOO

Mel

Thank you for understanding. It's hard when you know names, faces, and hearts to attach to these attendees. One of my past coworkers, for instance, is a very, very close friend of a family member. She is devastated this is happening to her friend. She is so supportive of everyone she loves. She's not loony, but she's in shock and disbelief right now. Media presence today was salt in her wounds.

It's gonna hurt more and more as things come to light. I hate it for all of them. :cry:

No problem....thinking more about it, if asked to applaud, what else can you do? I feel for anyone who endured the raw emotion and apparent awkwardness of the funeral today in order to pay their respects to to Cooper. I recently attended the funeral of a friend's teenage son who had committed suicide in a truly horrible manner. It was a very non- traditional ceremony with many elements that made me uncomfortable, but I did my best to hide it and go with the flow. If asked to applaud, I probably would have followed suit.

Assuming you mean disparity? Please don't get the impression I'm saying your speculation is not allowed. If it's okay with the mods, it's okay with me. I don't know why he had the type of jobs had or whether it caused strife in their relationship. It seems that as of now, though, she loves and supports him still. As do many of their friends, family and pastor. Maybe that will change as the evidence comes out and their immediate grief subside. In the meantime, I don't know this guy and the evidence is, for me, in a vacuum. I'm still withholding judgment (not that it matters, since I'll never be called on to judge him) and can't make up my mind for sure whether this was intentional.

I don't mean this on her end, at all. I am talking about how he might feel being the one in the relationship with no direction or path to accomplishment...while his other half seems to be in a solid place.

No problem....thinking more about it, if asked to applaud, what else can you do? I feel for anyone who endured the raw emotion and apparent awkwardness of the funeral today in order to pay their respects to to Cooper. I recently attended the funeral of a friend's teenage son who had committed suicide in a truly horrible manner. It was a very non- traditional ceremony with many elements that made me uncomfortable, but I did my best to hide it and go with the flow. If asked to applaud, I probably would have followed suit.

What can you do. Well, not applaud. I wouldn't. I would be there for the precious boy, not the man in jail.

FYI..... the Tuscaloosa News is a pay site. It appears, due to all the national media coverage, that they have lifted that for now. I am not a subscriber, and I am usually blocked, but I've been allowed to click on several links. If anyone finds an article there that they have particular interest in, a screen shot would probably be better for saving than a link. Once they put the pay screen back up, and you've met your allotted amount of views, the articles will not be available. (Except obits.... they are always viewable.)

I think it is interesting that he chose such a horrific way to murder his son, but one where he would not be there to witness it. With most murders, the perp is right there.

I would have just sat there,

I do the same thing at catholic weddings...stand up, sit down, kneel...repeat, repeat, repeat....
No thank you.
I'll sit quietly.

I think it is interesting that he chose such a horrific way to murder his son, but one where he would not be there to witness it. With most murders, the perp is right there.

I don't think the manner was a concern to him. I think he was looking for the way that could come off as a tragic accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pacobasal