GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is weird to me that this is something they worried about. I think that for most parents, they don't think their child is going to die in a hot car. It has even been said that it is hard to sell any sort of monitor to stop it from happening b/c people don't think it will happen to them. How many parents honestly worry about accidentally killing their own toddler?

back further in this thread Sonya I believe (sorry if that is not the member who linked it) provided info from the daycare having to do with sick children being allowed because it prevented sick child related work absences. At the time I was thinking that the daycare probably have a quarantine area where sick kiddos are supervised away from healthy ones, much like the well baby and sick baby rooms you see at pediatrician offices.

The warrants were for a
1 Dell Dimension 9200 Computer Tower from the Harris' home,
2 Google Chrome cast,
3 a McBook Pro Laptop,
4 a Lenovo T530 Think Pad taken from Justin Harris' car,
5 an Apple MacBook Pro,
6 and iPhone
7 and an iPad from the car.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/crime/2014/06/28/justin-ross-harris-child-hot-car-death/11609645/

JMO... but for young couples just starting off, worried about school loans and buying houses, that's a whole lotta cash to drop on so many toys. Granted, they could have all been gifts.... who knows?

However, my generation and younger scares the crap outta me about having to have so much so young.

That's what I thought. I saw some reference to a "large" policy and wanted to know how much "large" was and couldn't find anything. Thanks.

Many of us have wondered if there WAS a policy. No word on that.

Then someone said they had small policies on their kids to cover funeral expenses, which is common. I was just saying if a policy was large it would be highly irregular for a toddler.

So.... following this "Cooper had been sick" or not sleeping well thought..... in bed with them the past two nights.

My husband and I, like the H's, moved 3 hours away from all friends and family before our oldest son was born. We both worked, but we did not utilize daycare, as I only worked part time. We found a few college age babysitters to come to our home. It was VERY hard to find sitters in a new town when all your family and friends you trust are back home. Granted, they had been in GA a while, but it's obvious that all relatives are back here in Ttown.

I'm interested in knowing both parent's work attendance records. Had either recently been in trouble with absences? Had they arranged to take turns staying home with Cooper when he was ill and couldn't go to daycare? Possibly could it have been dad's turn to stay home and he didn't want to? Had he left Cooper in the car before, saying, "it was only for a little while.... he was fine" and he and mom had argued about it, hence the internet searches? A lot of times when someone practices a bad habit, and nothing major happens, they become more likely to try it again. Going out to the car and checking would indicate this possibility.

Of course, NONE of that is acceptable parenting, but lawd.... people do idiotic things.

If they searched about children dying in hot cars, they would know you can not leave a child in a car.
It doesn't have to be very hot outside for the car to get very hot inside and for a child to die.

JMO... but for young couples just starting off, worried about school loans and buying houses, that's a whole lotta cash to drop on so many toys. Granted, they could have all been gifts.... who knows?

However, my generation and younger scares the crap outta me about having to have so much so young.

Could some of the computers be from work? They also could have been bought over a long period of time.

I'm interested in knowing both parent's work attendance records. Had either recently been in trouble with absences? Had they arranged to take turns staying home with Cooper when he was ill and couldn't go to daycare?

It was posted a few pages back. The daycare at home depot DOES provide for the sick children of employees so the parents don't have to miss work (even if the sick child does not normally use daycare).

That is one of the benefits touted on the site, along with the comment "parents often miss 12 days a year to care for sick children". That is one of the reasons Home Depot chose that corporate day care provider.

It's 82 here(beautiful day) I put a thermometer in the back seat of the explorer, it's in the sun. I want to see how the temp rises.

Has anyone called the daycare to inquire about cost, policy on notification on no shows, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(snipped)

According to The Associated Press, police also determined that Harris returned to his car at some point during the day and put something inside.

bbm I wonder if (jmo) he went out to see if he was alive or dead at this point.

I wonder if the plan was to say that he remembered Cooper in the car at lunchtime, run out to the car, but say it was too late - call 911, etc. But when he went out there, Cooper was still alive. So he went to Plan B - finding him after work.

This is just beyond disgusting. It's terrible enough to do something awful like beat your child to death, or shoot them, or whatever. But to sit there for HOURS knowing your child is slowly suffering a slow and painful death? :mad:

(all JMHO)

It is weird to me that this is something they worried about. I think that for most parents, they don't think their child is going to die in a hot car. It has even been said that it is hard to sell any sort of monitor to stop it from happening b/c people don't think it will happen to them. How many parents honestly worry about accidentally killing their own toddler?

I'm such a spaz that I do worry about it. So you know what I do? I take steps to make sure it doesn't happen! And not by google-ing how long I can safely leave her in there. (Shakes head at the sheer audacity of Cooper's parents)

Has anyone called the daycare to inquire about cost, policy on notification on no shows, etc.

That day care center ONLY serves Home Depot employees, I seriously doubt if they would give out any information considering the media drama etc...

I did try to find info regarding the policy on "no shows", for after school care the policies are pretty strict and they put out calls immediately for a no show. I am guessing they would also notify the parents of toddlers too, but couldn't find anything that specifically said that.

Since that particular center ONLY catered to home depot staff I would be stunned if they didn't have some sort of "automated" notification if a child was not dropped off as scheduled.

I wonder if the plan was to say that he remembered Cooper in the car at lunchtime, ran out to the car, but it was too late. But when he went out there, Cooper was still alive. So he went to Plan B - finding him after work.

This is just beyond disgusting. It's terrible enough to do something awful like beat your child to death, or shoot them, or whatever. But to sit there for HOURS knowing your child is slowly suffering a slow and painful death? :mad:

(all JMHO)

I'm hoping the toxicology comes back positive for a very strong sleep aide or something similar.

IMO

According to police, Harris left Cooper in his car when he went to work around 9:30 am June 18. Harris told police he forgot to drop Cooper off at daycare after he had breakfast at Chik-Fil-A restaurant and did not notice his son was in the backseat until around 4:30 p.m. when he was driving to drinks with friends.

bbm Se even if he did drop him off at daycare who was suppose to pick him up if he was going out to drink w/friends.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/mother-toddler-killed-hot-car-researched-child-deaths/story?id=24354493

Cooper was pronounced dead after emergency personnel arrived.

bbm I wonder if they have a TOD?

According to The Associated Press, police also determined that Harris returned to his car at some point during the day and put something inside.

bbm I wonder if (jmo) he went out to see if he was alive or dead at this point.

Does his church/religion allow drinking? My grandma was a member of Church of Christ and that was frowned on.

I'm just an average every day person but I really feel like I am a genius right now cause I have never had to research information regarding hot temps and babies in parked cars. It's my own common sense. I did not need to research that nor do I have to research animals left in hot cars.. I also know not to leave my prescriptions, rat poison, house whole chemicals etc in a toddlers reach.....

Hearing how the memorial service for sweet little Cooper became a pep rally for his accused murderer saddens and sickens me.

Cooper became an afterthought or perhaps he already was.

moo

I'm just an average every day person but I really feel like I am a genius right now cause I have never had to research information regarding hot temps and babies in parked cars. It's my own common sense. I did not need to research that nor do I have to research animals left in hot cars.. I also know not to leave my prescriptions, rat poison, house whole chemicals etc in a toddlers reach.....

High Five!

:)

I haven't read the entire thread, but have followed the news. The father appears to have planned to murder his son and attempt to make it appear as an accident. Is there any information that the mother knew about this or was involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper