GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they both searched how long a child should remain in a hot car before the child dies, then I think they should both be charged with first degree murder. It sounds like something they discussed together while the child was alive and before the child was abandoned in a hot car. It seems obvious that neither parent went nuts upon hearing that the other thought it was okay to leave a child alone in a hot car for even five minutes ... and that doesn't sound right.

Children are not supposed to be left unattended in a car for any length of time for any reason. Clearly this couple intended to leave the child alone in a hot car. That is a problem. Second, they wanted to know how long they had to leave the child in the hot car before the child died. What was the plan, to leave the child in the hot car for five minutes less than the time it takes for the child to die?

Yeah, something's not right about mom to me now. She's setting off my warning bells! Like previous poster said, for a couple so extremely, unhealthily obsessed with the possibility their son could be forgotten in a hot car and die, they sure didn't do anything to prevent it. Everything you read about it gives you suggestions for precautions to prevent this from happening and they didn't do a one, after they had been searching and searching online about it? The way they searched is really creepy too! I mean searching temperatures and times! It's so specific! Either she was involved or she's lying for him now. Either way mom is slowly, but surely losing my sympathy.

I'm wondering if there were issues regarding this family's ability to pay for daycare. The internet searches could have been research to determine under what conditions a child could conceivably be left in a car before conditions became life threatening. Maybe they were thinking it was their only alternative if daycare was no longer an option ?

<SNIP>

I have been wondering the same thing. Does it cost less if your child only attends daycare for a few hours instead of the entire workday? Maybe, in an attempt to save money, they fed Cooper a huge breakfast, let him nap in the car during the coolest part of the day, and then RH would take Cooper to daycare during his lunch break. That would explain both their searches and her unwavering loyalty to him, as well as his foreboding dream about Cooper's death. Of course, we'll find out more once the investigation is complete.

Holy hell. I just read a comment in the yahoo section. The commenter states he remembers Ross Harris drinking himself "into a state of beyond drunk" when he found out his wife was pregnant, complaining on and on about how his life was over and the cost the kid would be and how he would now forever be attached to his wife. He said Ross mentioned suicide and leaving the country and that it went on for several hours. He states that he told his wife afterward, "this guy is a complete nut job...I feel bad for his kid and wife". http://news.yahoo.com/warrant-man-d...87019185-720a1558-caed-4b45-b531-350d959611f6

ETA: FORGET IT. TOTAL TROLL.

I knew that baby was putting a crimp in his lifestyle.

We're supposed to believe that he had breakfast with the child, then forgot he existed, then went to work, then went to his car to retrieve something during the day and didn't see his child, and then noticed him finally as he was driving to visit friend. Didn't he smell something at that time?

"Police have said facts in the case "do not point toward simple negligence." A previously released arrest warrant stated that Harris stopped with his son for breakfast and returned to put something inside his car during the day while the child was still inside. The Cobb County Medical Examiner's office said Wednesday that it believes the cause of Cooper Harris' death was hyperthermia and manner of death was homicide.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/dad-cha...ed-kids-dying-in-cars-1.1891016#ixzz363SnwA69

Maybe he killed his kid, simply for all the attention and sympathy he would get from people thinking it was an accident.

I haven't read everything on this case and want to hear opinions on the rear facing car seat.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had to step away after yesterday evening...

So she searched hot car cases and how they occur... he searched how hot cars have to be for a child to die. I am wondering... which searches occurred first and... perhaps she was concerned about what she saw on the news and he saw this as an opportunity for an out. Also, the one article says the police received information indicating that he went to his car at lunch time. So he didn't tell police that information, someone else did it sounds like. jmo

You and I are on the same wavelength, popsicle.

When I learned that LH claims to have also looked up hot car deaths, one of my first thoughts was: if computer forensics backs up her claim, I wonder if she was the one who was worried about it & researched ways to prevent it.

Perhaps she had a convo with RH about it after hearing of a case in the news and then researched it online to ensure that it wouldn't happen to their child. Her research may have given RH ideas (if premeditated), so he took the research a step further & looked up how hot the car has to be to cause a child's death, and then set his plan into motion, convinced by his false sense of brilliance that it would be viewed as a tragic accident, as it has been in other cases.

IDK if that's what happened, but this new piece of info certainly has me wondering.

That's odd I don't see much of a resemble at all. My first guess is that he is NOT the actual BIO father of the child.

Ita. Cooper also has blond hair and blue eyes.

I have been wondering the same thing. Does it cost less if your child only attends daycare for a few hours instead of the entire workday? Maybe, in an attempt to save money, they fed Cooper a huge breakfast, let him nap in the car during the coolest part of the day, and then RH would take Cooper to daycare during his lunch break. That would explain both their searches and her unwavering loyalty to him, as well as his foreboding dream about Cooper's death. Of course, we'll find out more once the investigation is complete.

That certainly sounds like a possibility. Perhaps they deliberately left the chlid in the car for limited periods of time. That in itself is a problem. Either way, in my opinion, parents that plan to leave a child in a hot car, and are only concerned about how long is too long, are unfit to be parents.

I didn't even think of this until you brought it up! Maybe this isn't the first time they left him in the car! Yes, daycare is cheaper for a half day!

It is weird to me that this is something they worried about. I think that for most parents, they don't think their child is going to die in a hot car. It has even been said that it is hard to sell any sort of monitor to stop it from happening b/c people don't think it will happen to them. How many parents honestly worry about accidentally killing their own toddler?

A couple pages behind...sorry. I can tell you that I am pregnant with my first, and it is a concern of mine. I have researched PRODUCTS that can help with preventing this. There is an alarm you can put on your keychain and when it is 15 feet from the carseat it will go off. We plan on getting something, because I have no idea what to expect with kids lol. Being from Florida, I've heard of this enough to worry.

I do believe accidents happen, and that is what I'd like to prevent. Usually those accidents happen when you change your routine...not when you are doing the same thing you do every day, like in this situation.

My son's daycare costs $245 weekly, for full-time summer session. Price drops incrementally as you cut down to four, three, two days. They're open from 6a to 6p, closed weekends.
The discounted rate I get, for my son attending 3 days, 7 hours each, is $196.
It's quite pricey, imo, and infants are often the most expensive, as they get older/potty trained the costs drops a bit

Via Kindle, like a true Amazon junkie

I'm going to go enjoy some the rest of the day... If anything Earth Shattering is released or happens... Please someone let me know:)

Or just stop discussing until I get back! Lol

You'll know when you sign in and we are 100 pages ahead of where you left - jk - we could spend 100 pages talking about same stuff over and over:floorlaugh:

Holy hell. I just read a comment in the yahoo section. The commenter states he remembers Ross Harris drinking himself "into a state of beyond drunk" when he found out his wife was pregnant, complaining on and on about how his life was over and the cost the kid would be and how he would now forever be attached to his wife. He said Ross mentioned suicide and leaving the country and that it went on for several hours. He states that he told his wife afterward, "this guy is a complete nut job...I feel bad for his kid and wife". http://news.yahoo.com/warrant-man-d...87019185-720a1558-caed-4b45-b531-350d959611f6

ETA: FORGET IT. TOTAL TROLL.
Gitana, I know you said he is a troll, but could you tell me approx what time his comments were made? There are over 3000 comments there. Thanks!

Ita. Cooper also has blond hair and blue eyes.

I have dark brown wavy hair and green eyes. My husband has curly black hair and grey eyes. My father has wavy black hair and green eyes, my mother has loose curled dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. My husband's father has curly hair and dark brown eyes. My husband's mother has medium wavy brown hair and grey eyes. My sibling all have dark curly hair and green eyes. My husband's siblings all have dark hair and some have brown eyes and others have grey eyes. My grandparents all had very dark hair, some with light eyes and some with darks.

Our son has white BLONDE straight hair and SKY BLUE eyes! It's crazy! No one for several generations has his coloring! We were both shocked when he was born. He is so blonde, pale with such shockingly bright blue eyes! We never expected that! Those Caucasian genes are funny like that! I'm totally expecting our next kid to be a carrot top or something, lol!

I haven't read everything on this case and want to hear opinions on the rear facing car seat.

Thoughts?

Don't quote me on this, but I think it's the law for rear facing car seats up to age 2.

Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure. :blushing:

A couple pages behind...sorry. I can tell you that I am pregnant with my first, and it is a concern of mine. I have researched PRODUCTS that can help with preventing this. There is an alarm you can put on your keychain and when it is 15 feet from the carseat it will go off. We plan on getting something, because I have no idea what to expect with kids lol. Being from Florida, I've heard of this enough to worry.

I do believe accidents happen, and that is what I'd like to prevent. Usually those accidents happen when you change your routine...not when you are doing the same thing you do every day, like in this situation.

keep a pair of really fugly shoes in the front seat and use them for driving and put your nice flip flops /sandals/pumps whatever next to baby seat....you don't wanna go into publix looking bad so that way you will always remember bambina

http://abcnews.go.com/US/dad-toddle...hild-deaths/story?id=24348787&partner=skygrid

This quote makes my blood run cold. The ME only gives info about the body. It's no surprise that the COD was hyperthermia. But it would take more than that (IMO) for the ME to indicate that homocide is likely. It seems like there must have been other evidence on the body that led him to believe this was more than a tragic accident.

JMHO

IMO... VERY interesting that the ME claimed possible homicide in addition to hyperthermia as COD...

It will be very interesting to find what led the ME to claim homicide (in addition to hyperthermia)

:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member