GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It will be argued in court two ways based on the POVs being expressed here.

Defense will argue that a parent who forgot the child cannot then be considered aware of the cruel and negligent act. Prosecutors will argue that the very existence of the searches makes it nearly incredible that forewarned was not forearmed and that by worrying about it the parents had an even greater duty to not forget him.

Still that pesky afternoon visit to his car...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since we all know that Cooper was long gone before the defendant pulled into the pizza place, and since we all know that Cooper couldn't possibly be choking, I wonder what what made him all of a sudden "remember" that Cooper was in the back seat. (Not being able to see him, of course)

What I mean, is....he CANNOT explain that away. Nobody can.

I really don't want to get into little Cooper's funeral service yesterday....I still have not strapped that one on quite yet....as I have shared here before, I lost a child who was hit by a car a block from my home. This was in 1975 and had I not had a younger child to care for I would not be here today...the grief nearly destroyed me. I could not then nor now tell you one thing about the funeral....I could not have spoken a word...could not form a thought....so I am not sure about this wife's feelings as her husband has been charged in this death and she believes him.....so maybe since my husband had no part in running over my child I can't understand her event at the funeral. I guess I am going to get into it....the applause. I just don't understand the applause while the father was on the phone. Funerals here are very respectful. I guess since my situation is/was different I can't understand what this family is going through. But her statements of not wishing him back and all the hurt and sorrow he is gonna miss nearly broke my heart...but this is how she deals with it I suppose....we all deal differently....and she has a very very very long road ahead of her....you don't get over it...you just learn to live with it.

This is not a hard one for me. If he saw his child was not breathing, To assume he was choking is not far from what a parent might think.

Children choke silently. It was not like he was claiming the child was screaming, He saw the child was blue and thought he is choking.

This makes sense to me.

To claim that his baby was choking after allegedly discovering his baby had been accidentally left in the back seat of the sweltering hot car for 7 hours seems way off the mark in terms of what this particular "father" should have been worried about or saying to bystanders.

I can see why first responders have been reported as saying that RH's comment were contradictory.

As soon as he saw him, he had to of realized he had been in the car all day!!!!

Well he had to explain why after not seeing him when he went into work and not seeing him when went to the car at lunchtime and not seeing him when he got in the car after work, that he suddenly realized he was in the car. (sorry for the run on sentence) Otherwise he would have went on to have drinks with friends and wouldn't have known until his wife called looking for Cooper. KWIM?

Revivable and he walked away to use the phone....

Has it been stated who he called? Sorry if I missed it. From what I have read, he didn't call 911 and the police had to tell him to call his wife. Wondering if he called her and told her what to say and then acted like they hadn't spoken when police arrived. And yes I get that they could see his records and that could blow is cover. But if he did this intentionally he thought he could get away with it and explain it all away. He could later say he was in shock and couldn't recall speaking to her. I also read he was refusing visitors and wonder if that is because he is worried about what they may ask or say.

I have no idea. I don't have their evidence. I just think they will find other felonies to charge, to bolster the case and ensure that he is convicted of felony murder via being convicted of a another felony that results in death. It's really not uncommon to add charges to make sure the big one sticks.

JMO

I thought that you based your opinion that more charges will be added on something I've missed. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Well I am not an expert on primates, and it seems possible that these things SOMETIMES happen, but it's not anything like the norm, or their species would not survive. Especially since gorillas, for example, have babies only every 3-6 years, after their previous baby is weaned. That's less often than a lot of people! And makes babies a resource that is precious and solidly invested in. As human babies should be.

Right. I thinking the stats are probably very similar to humans.

No one needs to innocently google or "research" about infants/toddlers dying in a hot car. It is common sense that they would & quickly. Just like you don't have to google anything about sticking your hand into a pot of boiling water--the consequences are apparent & common knowledge.

Additionally, this toddler was 22 mos old and this was probably not the first summer he's been in a car. So therefore, since it is not the first time this child has been in a car there would be no new or relevant reason for the Dad to do this "research".

One can surmise that there was a recent inquiry or "research" done by the Dad because it was a prelude to a plan of action.

Or as they say in Poker.....it was a "tell".

There have been quite a few killers who have given themselves away by what they've googled right before they've committed a crime. Casey Anthony comes to mind and heck, I remember one guy (Justin something or other) that googled a song "I used to love her but I had to kill her" before he killed his wife by trying to make it look like a robbery gone wrong!

I really don't want to get into little Cooper's funeral service yesterday....I still have not strapped that one on quite yet....as I have shared here before, I lost a child who was hit by a car a block from my home. This was in 1975 and had I not had a younger child to care for I would not be here today...the grief nearly destroyed me. I could not then nor now tell you one thing about the funeral....I could not have spoken a word...could not form a thought....so I am not sure about this wife's feelings as her husband has been charged in this death and she believes him.....so maybe since my husband had no part in running over my child I can't understand her event at the funeral. I guess I am going to get into it....the applause. I just don't understand the applause while the father was on the phone. Funerals here are very respectful. I guess since my situation is/was different I can't understand what this family is going through. But her statements of not wishing him back and all the hurt and sorrow he is gonna miss nearly broke my heart...but this is how she deals with it I suppose....we all deal differently....and she has a very very very long road ahead of her....you don't get over it...you just learn to live with it.

I am so sorry for your loss. I watched my own mother grieve the loss of my sister for many many years. I think, had it not been for her having to care for me, she would have just laid down and died, too.

(((((((Hugs)))))))) I am so so sorry.
Thank you for sharing your insight and I agree with you 100%

Only excuse I can come up with is ...his wife has a lot to process and probably hasn't.

Time will tell

Has it been stated who he called? Sorry if I missed it. From what I have read, he didn't call 911 and the police had to tell him to call his wife. Wondering if he called her and told her what to say and then acted like they hadn't spoken when police arrived. And yes I get that they could see his records and that could blow is cover. But if he did this intentionally he thought he could get away with it and explain it all away. He could later say he was in shock and couldn't recall speaking to her. I also read he was refusing visitors and wonder if that is because he is worried about what they may ask or say.

Sarcasm alert--_His friends, " I'm running a little late"

I can't wait to see the phone records...

:loveyou::blowkiss: :grouphug:

Pick it to pieces all you can and want. There is a bottom line here. The only conjecture might be is how should the charges go-officially-in the end-before the trial.

No one needs to innocently google or "research" about infants/toddlers dying in a hot car. It is common sense that they would & quickly. Just like you don't have to google anything about sticking your hand into a pot of boiling water--the consequences are apparent & common knowledge.

Additionally, this toddler was 22 mos old and this was probably not the first summer he's been in a car. So therefore, since it is not the first time this child has been in a car there would be no new or relevant reason for the Dad to do this "research".

One can surmise that there was a recent inquiry or "research" done by the Dad because it was a prelude to a plan of action.

Or as they say in Poker.....it was a "tell".

There have been quite a few killers who have given themselves away by what they've googled right before they've committed a crime. Casey Anthony comes to mind and heck, I remember one guy (Justin something or other) that googled a song "I used to love her but I had to kill her" before he killed his wife by trying to make it look like a robbery gone wrong!

And the "dream" he told his dad about!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member