GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really want to know where Ross was supposed to go meet friends for drinks that night.

For instance, was it a location north, or south of his workplace? Because if it was south, and then he went north, toward the pizza place (and home) in order to discover his dead baby, that is it, DONE. Sorry but, that cannot ever in a million years be explained to satisfaction. Period.

My own extremely strongly felt opinion.

10:1 it was his cellphone. IMO, he either put it in the car at lunchtime, or he left it there when he left the child there in the morning, so nobody could get ahold of him or so he could say, "look! I even forgot my cellphone!"

And if he left it there in the morning, IMO he went at lunch to see if anyone called/texted him. Cooper? A second thought.

Gee, what an unlucky guy....eyeroll.

So many coincidences...all happening simultaneously...

After he had that "premonition" and did all of that researching because he was so worried this would happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know people will tell you that you don't need a motive but I need one before I can believe someone would kill a child that by all accounts they were crazy about.

I need a motive. I can't go from seeing this beloved family, and then he states he forgot the child, to "he killed that kid on purpose" without SOME little wisp of a motive.

I haven't seen any.

You haven't been shown one. LE is not going to hand over evidence so amateur sleuths on a website, can have their motive. There are dozens and dozens of reasons why men kill someone in their family. We simply don't have information about their actual personal life (no, friends and family don't count. They aren't a fly on the wall) and current state in life, to discount any of them.

What was Casey Anthony's "motive"? Bad example, I suppose, as she was acquitted.... lack of evidence of $$, I simply suggest that poor little Cooper cramped someone's desired lifestyle....

Of course it doesn't make sense to you and me... MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

On that topic...it reminds me of a couple of friends (no they aren't evil).

Husband and wife. She was a busy programmer. They adopted a kitten and talked about having a baby.

Well two years later they re-homed the cat (and they assured me kitty went to a very good home) and decided they didn't want a child because the cat was a lot of work, made a mess in the house at times, and a baby well....they realized a baby would be MUCH more work, and intrude on things they enjoyed such as video game time etc...

I can see how some folks wouldn't predict the changes that come with a baby, and might do things that they decide they need to "fix" later.

I really want to know where Ross was supposed to go meet friends for drinks that night.

For instance, was it a location north, or south of his workplace? Because if it was south, and then he went north, toward the pizza place (and home) in order to discover his dead baby, that is it, DONE. Sorry but, that cannot ever in a million years be explained to satisfaction. Period.

My own extremely strongly felt opinion.

I've been done. Put a fork in me.

Husband and wife. She was a busy programmer. They adopted a kitten and thought about having a baby.

Well two years later they re-homed the cat (and they assured me kitty went to a very good home) and decided they didn't want a child because the cat was a lot of work, made a mess in the house at times, and a baby well....they realized a baby would be MUCH more work.

Good for them!

they can be honest with themselves!

I bet he walked to the daycare to pick Cooper up and then put Cooper in the car. I think this is why they were able to charge and arrest him so quickly. This would be damning and there would be no question of an accident at that point.

This would also explain why the daycare didn't call a parent. He had already been to daycare and then been picked up for the day. It would also explain why RH never went to the daycare after work.

Sorry I am rambling, but this little thought just made a whole bunch of things fall into place for me.

JMHO

Interesting theory... I would hate to think of LE referring to Cooper as "an object", but if they are holding things close to the vest???

Does make me wonder why Mom doesn't blame him though... Thursday is just around the corner and I really really HOPE gitana1 isn't correct in the continuance because I'm not a very patient person... hoping to get a lot more info

I admit my selfishness and hope you all forgive me... :blushing:

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/story/25919400/cobb-toddler-death-retracing-the-fathers-steps

Mr. Harris drove to his office at Home Depot which took FOX 5 three minutes and 14 seconds to time.

According to police, in that time, Mr. Harris said he forgot about his son and went inside to work. Court records show Mr. Harris went back to his car to put something in it 2-and-a-half hours later.

Two different law enforcement sources tell FOX 5 during that lunch hour Mr. Harris left his work property to go out to lunch, but didn’t take his car.
FYI,
Everything Ive read shows the above time as incorrect.

I have. Is the timeline confirmed because it seems I keep hearing different things?

I suppose that depends on what you consider "confirmed".

Some demand nothing less than high definition video;) nope, we don't have that.

Are you talking Websleuths standards? MSM? Then yes.

There is a photo showing the locations of the CFA, Harris's work and the day care marked. The day care is not as close as one might think to where Harris actually worked at. If I am not mistaken it is across the bridge/overpass. I can not see Harris, a man that is clearly not in great physical shape, carrying Cooper across that on the sidewalk from day care to his car. I also believe that the walk to day care and back would take more than an hour.

Now I'm going to see if I can find that photo.

MOO

So according to this source he left for lunch on foot. Interesting

Makes sense to me ..............................he couldn't drive to lunch with his dead or dying baby boy in the car.

What was Casey Anthony's "motive"?

I didn't follow the Casey Anthony trial that closely....but I recall hearing she didn't want a child at all, she wanted to give the baby up for adoption.

Her mother insisted that she keep the child. In my mind that is a bit different, in this case they had fertility problems and STRUGGLED to have a child.

Makes sense to me ..............................he couldn't drive to lunch with his dead or dying baby boy in the car.

Wonder *where* he walked to lunch?

Was it normal/usual for him to go off-site for lunch and walk there vs drive?

I bet he walked to the daycare to pick Cooper up and then put Cooper in the car. I think this is why they were able to charge and arrest him so quickly. This would be damning and there would be no question of an accident at that point.

This would also explain why the daycare didn't call a parent. He had already been to daycare and then been picked up for the day. It would also explain why RH never went to the daycare after work.

Sorry I am rambling, but this little thought just made a whole bunch of things fall into place for me.

JMHO

This sounds like a good theory, except I would assume that LE would not waste a minute relaying that scenerio. They would have no reason to beat around the bush about "putting something in the car." Not feelin' it.:moo:

I could honestly see forgetting a purse.

No one would forget a shoe. If they don't notice they have one shoe on and one shoe off, they wouldn't be able to function in a work environment, IMHO.

i could have bet my car on that statement. :banghead::floorlaugh:

JMHO
BBM

Good theory as to why the daycare might not have called either parent !!
Reading your post gave me goosebumps.
That poor little Cooper.

Wonder how all those people who applauded RH at Cooper's funeral will feel if RH is found guilty and sentenced ?? Will they still be supportive of him ?
:moo:

the only time I ever go out to put something IN my car during teh workday is if its something I've been meaning to take home for a while and I want to get away from my desk anyway so I take it when it occurs or I notice it. I've done it maybe three times in the last five years.

Much more frequently I go to fetch something I have forgotten, like my coffee or my phone. And usually then it is right as I drop my purse and I remember what is missing.

.....like when I can't shove down those extra shoes any longer in the bottom desk drawer?:blushing:<----------moi

No one is going to like what I have to say here.

I read the whole thing, too. It is intense and yes, thought provoking. It does support my belief that sometimes accidents can happen. Sometimes, hideous tragedies can happen to incredibly good parents. Including forgetting a baby who is left to broil to death in a car.

I clearly remember the case of the Irvine professor. I remember when that happened and have been thinking about it since this case made the news. I felt horrified by what had happened and horrified for the professor when it occurred. I did not think he should've been prosecuted and I was glad when he was not. That man was destroyed by his forgetfulness. It was awful.

I especially liked this part of the article: I've often had that thought - that people are unduly harsh regarding various cases - usually instantly blaming parents when their kids get kidnapped, for not watching them properly, for example - because it creates an illusion of safety that it can never happen to them. I just never saw a psychologist support that feeling.

But let me also say this: None of what is in that article, none of what I read there, changes my mind about the father in this case and his culpability.

---Research on hot car deaths of children a day or so before his baby died in a hot car.

---3 separate contacts with his child, in the span of an hour from when he "forgot", placing him in and taking him out of the car he eventually left him in. 3, separate contacts involving his baby and his car, that very morning.

---3 minutes. 3 Minutes.

I'm sorry. There's no way. This case shares nothing with those featured in the articles, except that a baby died in a hot car.

AGREED!!! Great post. After reading an article written by a psychologist who studied these cases, I also felt bad for harshly judging parents in many of these cases. So I researched this case again with an open mind. I too came to the same conclusion regarding Cooper 's death. In the end, this case has many red flags and odd behavior that just isn't present in other automobile hyperthermia incidents. I pray that Cooper gets justice so he may rest in peace.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Husband and wife. She was a busy programmer. They adopted a kitten and talked about having a baby.

Well two years later they re-homed the cat (and they assured me kitty went to a very good home) and decided they didn't want a child because the cat was a lot of work, made a mess in the house at times, and a baby well....they realized a baby would be MUCH more work, and intrude on things they enjoyed such as video game time etc...

I can see how some folks wouldn't predict the changes that come with a baby, and might do things that they decide they need to "fix" later.

I say it's a damn good thing they realized it BEFORE procreating!
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member