GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay , good stuff, all. couple of interesting thoughts: 1) Red coffin: Has anyone seen a picture ? If Fire truck red, it's all about Cooper, if Crimson Tide red, well, you know who.
2) [modsnip] 3) Lunch : I know HD HQ has a commissary/ lunchroom, not sure about the treehouse, but there are several restaurants in the area. Agree he doesn't look like he would walk to lunch or miss many meals very often. 4) Bail : if all he has to post is 10% bond, the $20,000 may get it , I don't expect it to be much more than $200,000 to $500,000

I thought I read somewhere that their fundraising site had reached 20k.... geez, I hope not... I really, really, really want him to remain right where he is

(I admit I want him "out and talking"... and I admit I doubt he's the type to run... but I'm still not sure about LH and want her to have ample opportunity to "see the light")

What does one put in their car during work? I used to go to my car to get something...but not to put something there. Just wondering.

four pairs of shoes that really do belong at home -- oh yes

I assumed his little casket was red because it was the first color he noticed and could say.

I sure hope that's the reason :-(

Me, too. That's what I thought because they mentioned that in the obit...it was the first color he learned. Or, maybe it was the Alabama color, either way, I personally don't find it tacky or tasteless at all. But, that's just me, probably in the minority on that, but that's ok, to each his/her own. I've been to some funerals that would freak out some posters here (based on some posts about the red casket)...I've seen "non-traditional" colored caskets, objects dear to the deceased IN the casket, singing/praising/dancing to New Orleans style music at the funeral, etc. Only been to one child's funeral (NEVER again, the saddest thing I've ever experienced, even now years later...that little casket was blue, iirc). Heck, I love purple and I want a purple casket when I die. Tacky and tasteless? Perhaps to some, but not to me. It would be loving gesture to me. It's all in the eye of the beholder. MOO. :)

Has it been reported that RH parked in a parking garage or in an open lot at HD?

Respectfully snipped by me.

Loved your post and your analysis is spot on as usual.

What do you mean by 3 minutes?

I bet she means it was only 3 minutes from Chick-Fil-A to RH's arrival at HD. He forgot about his kid in 3 minutes!!!!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Well that article does blow my theory out of the water, but it does make me wonder, how does someone drive over 8 minutes with a horrible smell in their car before realizing???

They don't.

IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wonder *where* he walked to lunch?

Was it normal/usual for him to go off-site for lunch and walk there vs drive?

Walking options would've been chickfila, Starbucks, Publix (sandwiches), Einstein Bagel shop. However on a 90* day on don't see this guy walking for lunch.

Has it been reported that RH parked in a parking garage or in an open lot at HD?

Very early on there was a news report I read that said he usually parked in the coverages garage part...that day, he parked in the uncovered lot. When I went back to find it again and link it...it had been pulled.

Walking options would've been chickfila, Starbucks, Publix (sandwiches), Einstein Bagel shop. However on a 90* day on don't see this guy walking for lunch.

I don't see him as a 'walk-to-lunch' kinda guy, either.

Yeppers, we are still waiting for confirmation that he did not park in his usual covered spot, instead he allegedly parked on the other side of the building in full sun.

HIs normal spot was in a garage?

I bet he walked to the daycare to pick Cooper up and then put Cooper in the car. I think this is why they were able to charge and arrest him so quickly. This would be damning and there would be no question of an accident at that point.

This would also explain why the daycare didn't call a parent. He had already been to daycare and then been picked up for the day. It would also explain why RH never went to the daycare after work.

Sorry I am rambling, but this little thought just made a whole bunch of things fall into place for me.

JMHO

Yikes, never thought of this. Was his son the "something" he put in the car at lunch?!

LATCH is a built-in anchor system for child passenger restraints. Two connectors in the vehicle seat, top tether for forward facing ( and the occasional rear-facing ) seats.

Lower Anchors and Tether for Children, IIRC.

You no longer need to maneuver that seatbelt through the belt path.

Check the car's owners manual and the car seat's manual or schedule a car seat check with a technician.

Use one system or the other. A couple of belt positioning boosters use both, and are the only seats tested with both systems.

The windshield is only part of the equation. The shell of the car seat is designed to absorb and distribute the forces of an accident, keeping those forces from injuring the child.

Choose to keep your child safe, choose a car seat with a higher weight and height limit, choose to use the seat as designed for each and every trip!

Yep, I'm preachy about this.

:seeya:

But only use the latch if your child is under a certain weight. The car seat manual lists the weight limits for latch. Just a FYI.

Wonder *where* he walked to lunch

Hi, I'm new, in terms of posting, mainly lurk, but I once lived & worked in Cumberland/Vinings, where this occurred. I'm familiar with the area.

Cumberland Parkway between the Chick-Fil-A and Cumberland Blvd is hilly and really full of businesses and apartment complexes. The nearest restaurants would be at the corner of Cumberland Parkway and Paces Ferry Rd (like the Chick-Fil-A is), stuff on Paces Ferry Road east of Cumberland Pkwy, a Panera Bread right next to Home Depot HQ, or the food court at Cumberland Mall. Cumberland Mall is located at the intersection of Cumberland Blvd and Cumberland Pkwy. The are two separate roads.

Akers Mill Square, where the Uncle Maddio's is at, has several places to eat as well. There are a few other places on Cobb Pkwy, which is on the other side of Cumberland Mall.

I hope this helps you or anyone else.

Me, too. That's what I thought because they mentioned that in the obit...it was the first color he learned. Or, maybe it was the Alabama color, either way, I personally don't find it tacky or tasteless at all. But, that's just me, probably in the minority on that, but that's ok, to each his/her own. I've been to some funerals that would freak out some posters here (based on some posts about the red casket)...I've seen "non-traditional" colored caskets, objects dear to the deceased IN the casket, singing/praising/dancing New Orleans style at the funeral, etc. Only been to one child's funeral (NEVER again, the saddest thing I've ever experienced, even now years later...that little casket was blue, iirc). Heck, I love purple and I want a purple casket when I die. Tacky and tasteless? Perhaps. It's all in the eye of the beholder. MOO. :)

My grandma's casket was pink because she loved pink, her flowers were roses because she loved roses, she was buried wearing a Cubs jersey and Notre Dame pants because she was a huge fan of both. Tacky? I guess, but we did these things out of respect for what SHE loved. It had nothing to do with us.

I think it makes the family feel a little better if they can do these last little things for their deceased loved ones. It's not practical or rational, but if it eases someone's suffering, why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme