GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
how much these deaths have increased since the early 90's
I was attempting to quote CrazyTown's post above . This is from that post ^^^ .
I was wondering this yesterday. Have they really actually increased? OR are we only hearing about them more because of more news sources and the internet, etc? I wonder if kids always died in hot cars but they were just quietly ruled an accident and no LE or Press were involved, so it was not ' reported' or made public so much? It's so bizarre. Few things are self locking cars. That did not used to be the case. Locks had to be manually pushed down on every door . That's all I got . Thoughts?

OH my gosh!
You are GOOD! Why would Leanna be at the Treehouse?
Unless he confused the daycare name Apron with Treehouse

Yes, why was she there? She was initially at the daycare so what happened from there? Did police meet up with her there? Did she drive to the plaza where Ross and Cooper were?

Speaking of "going nowhere in life" - what does everyone else think of his many career changes (sports "official", dispatcher, web guy)? Isn't this type of constant/frequent career switching symptomatic of something? I seem to remember other well known killers Like Ted Bundy, doing the career switching thing as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't remember who said it but I think there were a few. Antisocial personality disorder, sociopath.

yep.....she graduated with honors it appears
to us it seems she married ''down''
she found herself a ''fixer upper'" (how many of us have seen that before huh?)
now today after that public humiliation I 'm thinking she's rethinking the whole scenario

I hope so... I truly hope my gut instinct is wrong about her. I still feel she's complicit.

All IMO

Speaking of "going nowhere in life" - what does everyone else think of his many career changes (sports "official", dispatcher, web guy)? Isn't this type of constant/frequent career switching symptomatic of something? I seem to remember other well known killers Like Ted Bundy, doing the career switching thing as well.

Don't forget mail clerk and meter guy. Oy.

I have a sister who is very narcissistic. She changes jobs every few years. It's usually when the company isn't treating her right, someone is trying to give her a bad name, unfounded complaints, passed over for a promotion that clearly she deserves, etc. Basically, she can't handle others not giving her special treatment, or fawning. She can only stand it so long and she leaves, to go to another place that won't recognize how amazing she is enough and on to the next. She does pretty much enough to get by at first, than nothing at the job, and still expects people to think she is god's gift.

I have a feeling he fit that mold.

Did I miss anything today?

I spent the day in the emergency room.... my sweet girl has mononucleosis. :(

It's been a long day, and as I have rocked and loved on her 103 degree body, held her for bloodwork and an IV, and wiped fearful tears away, I just cannot fathom ever doing anything purposely to harm my own child. It goes against every.single.strand of my DNA.

I just don't get it.

I hope she is feeling better and that you both can get some rest tonight. :hug:

ETA: This is in reply to whoever asked about his different jobs.

Here is what he says about that:

I have always had a love for the web and the different technologies involved, so I knew I had to pursue it. I was 27, working in law enforcement in Alabama on the midnight shift and I just knew something had to change. I didn't hate my job by any means, but it wasn't really what I wanted to do. So my wife and I were sitting at the dinner table one night, crunched the numbers considering our income would be cut in half, and decided that I would quit work and go back to school. I already knew that I wanted to major in Management Information Systems from the University of Alabama because it is a very highly ranked and well respected program. So in the summer of 2009, I quit the police dept to focus on school full time. For three years I went to school full time fall, spring, and ever summer. Worked a small student job with lots of freedom so I was allowed to focus on honing in on my HTML, CSS, and JS through freelance and student work projects. I took an internship the summer of 2011 with a very large fortune 50 company in Atlanta with their Front End Web Dev team. In August of 2011, they made me an offer of employment to return in June 2012 upon graduation. So in January of 2012, I sold my house and we moved in with my mother in law. In May of 2012, I finally achieved my lifelong dream of graduating college with a B.S. in Commerce and Business Administration with a concentration in Management Information Systems from the University of Alabama. Being the first person in my family to graduate college was nothing short of amazing, it felt great walking across that stage. So literally the next day after commencement, I moved everything I had including a 7 month pregnant wife to Marietta, GA where we currently reside. I am now in my dream job, have a beautiful 6 month old son, and love going to work everyday. I couldn't be happier. And that is how I got in to professional web development :)
TL;DR: Quite law enforcement, Went back to school, Took an job in Atlanta

Do you live in Atlanta? We might drive a little crazy at times here... but I don't know anyone who prefers MARTA to driving. You'd be the first for me and I'm 35 and have lived here since I was 1. :)

What is MARTA?

OT rant...I wonder if this sort of death occurred back in the 40's-80's, when car were big, but people concentrated on driving, not talking on the ^#%##*# phone, or trying to do one million things at a time. Not saying this was the issue here...but people are so distracted, even when operating a two-ton machine at high speeds with their children inside, even knowing car accidents are among the leading causes of death for children. In the state I live in, texting while driving was JUST ruled illegal this week...with a $25 fine. It is so ridiculous that this even has to be a law. I guess I just get tired of hearing about how stressful life is these days...my mom had eight kids and worked and nothing was left undone, but she was not racing around like a crazy person. Somehow, life was lived before phones, gadgets etc.
Anyway...jmo

BBM

I had one child in 1972 and one in 1980. Carseats were ALL front facing back then, there were no rear facing, and they could still be put in the front seat (larger cars, bench seats where 2 adults and a baby would fit in between). So it there was really no way to not see the baby/toddler.

Yes, why was she there? She was initially at the daycare so what happened from there? Did police meet up with her there? Did she drive to the plaza where Ross and Cooper were?

I understood she went to the parking lot where he worked.

how much these deaths have increased since the early 90's
I was attempting to quote CrazyTown's post above . This is from that post ^^^ .
I was wondering this yesterday. Have they really actually increased? OR are we only hearing about them more because of more news sources and the internet, etc? I wonder if kids always died in hot cars but they were just quietly ruled an accident and no LE or Press were involved, so it was not ' reported' or made public so much? It's so bizarre. Few things are self locking cars. That did not used to be the case. Locks had to be manually pushed down on every door . That's all I got . Thoughts?

My cars in the 70's had electric locks.....power windows were scariest for parents kids have killed/injured themselves with those.

I have always had a love for the web and the different technologies involved, so I knew I had to pursue it. I was 27, working in law enforcement in Alabama on the midnight shift and I just knew something had to change. I didn't hate my job by any means, but it wasn't really what I wanted to do. So my wife and I were sitting at the dinner table one night, crunched the numbers considering our income would be cut in half, and decided that I would quit work and go back to school. I already knew that I wanted to major in Management Information Systems from the University of Alabama because it is a very highly ranked and well respected program. So in the summer of 2009, I quit the police dept to focus on school full time. For three years I went to school full time fall, spring, and ever summer. Worked a small student job with lots of freedom so I was allowed to focus on honing in on my HTML, CSS, and JS through freelance and student work projects. I took an internship the summer of 2011 with a very large fortune 50 company in Atlanta with their Front End Web Dev team. In August of 2011, they made me an offer of employment to return in June 2012 upon graduation. So in January of 2012, I sold my house and we moved in with my mother in law. In May of 2012, I finally achieved my lifelong dream of graduating college with a B.S. in Commerce and Business Administration with a concentration in Management Information Systems from the University of Alabama. Being the first person in my family to graduate college was nothing short of amazing, it felt great walking across that stage. So literally the next day after commencement, I moved everything I had including a 7 month pregnant wife to Marietta, GA where we currently reside. I am now in my dream job, have a beautiful 6 month old son, and love going to work everyday. I couldn't be happier. And that is how I got in to professional web development :)

It's a cute, dramatic story from him. It also happens to leave out all the other jobs he bounced around to. IMO, he's full of crapola. Sure, he went to school and got that job, but it's not all rainbows and unicorns clearly. What HE says about his life to other and his actual never matched up, IMO. Except that one again it's allll about him

I see in RH's reddit history he mentions wanting to buy a four bedroom house (minimum). Why would he need such a big house when he didn't even want the child he had?

I just wanted to say - I am in full agreement with you that in cases of truly unintentionally forgotten children, charges should not be brought, IMO. There is no intention, no real negligence, and putting someone in jail would not be either a deterrent or justice - if anything, is be in favor of a community service type sentence - lecturing on the topic of kids and cars, helping an organization in some way, etc.
I just wanted to point out that, when I earlier referred to consequences, in some instances community service would be an appropriate consequence as well as helping to raise public awareness on the subject.

I see in RH's reddit history he mentions wanting to buy a four bedroom house (minimum). Why would he need such a big house when he didn't even want the child he had?

Appearances and ego

truthfully....power to him.

Wait, I thought the Treehouse Location is the Home Depot offices where RH worked. I thought the day care was called Little Aprons

A DC worker took LH to the TH after she could not find Cooper.

All part of his front, IMO. Good Christian, family man, successful web guy for fortune 50 company, big house...

My kids can't really unbuckle the main part until about five. My six year old still struggles with some buckles. They can however undo the chest clip from a pretty early age. When rear facing, they can wiggle their arms out easier, because the strap usually comes out below their shoulders. I'm sure if given enough time and fury, they probably could have gotten out all together, but they never did. I was pretty persistent about pulling over and fixing their harness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop