GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When we had our firstborn, I worried about "forgetting" my daughter in the car.

I didn't search for how hot the car needed to be & how long I'd have to forget in order to kill my child. I looked for ways to avoid killing my child... technology, tips & techniques (rattles, noisemakers, etc). That would be a "normal" web search for parents who want to avoid killing their child, I think. Temperature & baking time? Why would I even want to know that?

Even so, I wanted to believe that this Ross Harris simply made a tragic mistake... until all the information yesterday.

As far as the "sexting" goes, I think it would be difficult to focus on work when you're imagining your child in that circumstance (even if you caused it to happen).

I can't imagine his normal day would involve sexting with 6 different people. It was a way to distract him, to pass the time, maybe? I just can't imagine that's normal, even for someone who might be abnormal. Or am I still trying to humanize this person, even though I suspect he murdered his son?

Children are not easy. I don't criticize people who want to be child-free because I know parenting isn't for everyone, and I say that as someone who would want to parent even more children in the future. People don't need children to be fully realized as human beings. But I simply cannot understand how murder is a reasonable way to go back to a "child-free" state.

What brings the mind to that point? The insurance money is one step, but really? Is that all there is? There has to be some big mental issues in there. Don't they say that psychopaths generally don't have a good sense of smell? What kind of narcissistic shell is required to concoct the image of a "perfect" life so that you cannot let others know that you're emotionally unable to care for a child? To the point of murder?

Casey Anthony was terrible, but I don't think she intended to kill her child. I think she just wanted Caylee out of the way while Casey did her own thing. For Ross Harris, he very well might be a very different sort of person.

I think there's a good chance the childfree click/search/whatever has nothing to do with the case. Depending on how long ago it was, they could definitely been thinking about what it would be to be childfree due to infertility or he could have been trolling there given his views on abortion, etc. jmo

I think it was just a few months ago they said in court.

What are the odds mom is arrested before holiday weekend is over?

She might want to consider cooperating in exchange for a plea deal. Hubby didn't have mind on wife the day he fried the baby. Is Mommy still clinging to hope Ross loves her? She has to realize after hearing that he might never be with her again. If arrested I have my attorney hold out for the best possible deal.

She's the brains.
Imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, I have to fix this. I think you mean she's the "brains."

Because, let's be honest, there was nothing smart about the way they got rid of this baby...

This is horrible to say, but they could have gone to Altoona or Lanier, staged an accidental drowning, and probably gotten away with it.

I agree, her immediate comment that the baby must have been left in the car is unusual but it also is an indication to me that leaving the baby in the car instead of taking him to the sitter was already a practice by the father. I haven't been able to come up with a more reasonable conclusion since this case started.

I think both parents were setting the stage for everyone to believe it was an accident, they took everyone for idiots and did a really bad job.

Yep. And also, it would make it easier for him to wiggle out of the harness with them on the lowest setting, because he'd have more strap going over his shoulders. Strap can move, hard plastic shell can't.

I'm guessing he was sedated, because even properly restrained my three could undo the harness clip by about that age and wiggle an arm out if they were really pissed.

I still don't think he was sedated but to be honest, I am hoping he was. I wish I could go back and believe this was a mistake.

Because, let's be honest, there was nothing smart about the way they got rid of this baby...

This is horrible to say, but they could have gone to Altoona or Lanier, staged an accidental drowning, and probably gotten away with it.

Thank you!

Neither one is even half as smart as they think they are,

IMO

Thanks. I listened to the first 1/2 hour and was like, ho-hum, tell me something I don't know. Then I had to step into a meeting for about 20 minutes and came back to *scandalous*! I tried to watch all the parts I missed, but must've missed this detail.

eta: this was supposed to quote Scarlett...oops

Really strange about her not answering his calls if he did in fact call her....if she did not have her phone not too smart either....all kinds of issues can arise with a small child anywhere, daycare, school,etc. Maybe she forgot her phone...who the h knows with her.

Maybe she had her own sexting partners and couldn't be bothered with a call from her husband.

Or they could have simply showed up on the doorstep of one of the doting grandmothers and said they simply couldn't handle being parents. Happens all the time. I'm not sure where the logic to kill the child entered in. 27k isn't a big payout or anything. And this is coming from someone who has never made that much in a year!

I still don't think he was sedated but to be honest, I am hoping he was. I wish I could go back and believe this was a mistake.

I think it was likely he was sedated in the morning. Not for humane purposes but because it lessened the chance of anyone hearing him screaming and fighting to get out.

Jesus, could you imagine that? I don't know if Ross could have handled everyone thinking he's an idiot for leaving his kid in the car AND still being stuck with the kid.

I would have taken Cooper :/ My daughters are 4 and a half and almost 3. They would have loved an instant little brother...

Or they could have simply showed up on the doorstep of one of the doting grandmothers and said they simply couldn't handle being parents. Happens all the time. I'm not sure where the logic to kill the child entered in. 27k isn't a big payout or anything. And this is coming from someone who has never made that much in a year!

Maybe it was just a bonus?
Maybe he had a nefarious debt?

He certainly couldn't wait to get his hands on it.

I guess I want to believe he was sedated, he could have been food drunk and sleeping. Either way, I think a child his age should have made it half out of the harness(and he may have) even properly restrained. They only way I can picture otherwise is either with sedation or deep sleep, leaving him to wake when it was too late.... :(

Yeah, but you are thinking logically and with a heart.

I think it was likely he was sedated in the morning. Not for humane purposes but because it lessened the chance of anyone hearing him screaming and fighting to get out.

Jesus, could you imagine that? I don't know if Ross could have handled everyone thinking he's an idiot for leaving his kid in the car AND still being stuck with the kid.

I would have taken Cooper :/ My daughters are 4 and a half and almost 3. They would have loved an instant little brother...

Any hope I frantically held onto that he was heavily sedated, completely vanished after yesterday hearing.
:(

Still listening to hearing and watching when I want to see how the defendant reacts to the questioning. He sat totally disinterested like a stone during the physical description of how Cooper's face looked when police were there, but he slid a tear during the early statements a witness made concerning his shocked demeanor immediately after pulling Cooper from the car seat.

My jaw is going to be sore from grinding my teeth.:maddening:

I have to say if I was in his shoes, and my sexting pictures of my erect penis to 6 different girls while at work AND while my baby was baking in the car were being discussed in front of millions of people, I don't think I would be able to hold my head up. I would have been so humiliated. I don't think it bothered him one teeny-tiny bit!!!

Yep. And also, it would make it easier for him to wiggle out of the harness with them on the lowest setting, because he'd have more strap going over his shoulders. Strap can move, hard plastic shell can't.

I'm guessing he was sedated, because even properly restrained my three could undo the harness clip by about that age and wiggle an arm out if they were really pissed.

Wouldn't the autopsy report show if he was sedated? :(

I don't think my almost three year old can get out of hers. In fact, when we get in the car in a bit I'm going to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro