GA - Suspicion over heat death of Cooper, 22 mo., Cobb County, June 2014, #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS ^ ^ ^ ^

This 6 minute phone call to the Toddler Room is driving me crazy too. And it happened before Leanna got there to pick him up. And I'm almost certain this is the call he was on when LE asked him to hang up and he cursed.

Who was he talking to? He says no one but it was a 6 minute call and Ross is, well, a known liar so I don't believe him at all!

That part has been bothering me a great deal as well. That 6 minute call happened very shortly after they pulled Cooper out of the vehicle... which would have been before 4:51, so I don't think it was LH he spoke with, he talked to someone that works at the daycare, and whoever that was, it appears didn't tell anyone else about that call... very interested in learning more about that call and the timing.

Seriously can't smell either? He can't hear, can't smell, and can't remember things that happened 30 seconds ago. Does he have some rare disease that causes rapid premature aging? Loss of hearing and loss of smell are things that can be tested, thankfully.

Does anyone know if the defense lawyer was retained or assigned from a public defender pool?

From what I understand (and I didn't get this at all from yesterday's hearing LOL) is that he is apparently a good defense attorney... and probably expensive. And if I was a betting girl, I'd bet the farm that he is being paid for out of the money they received from the fundraiser.

The shoulder straps on the car seat were in the lowest position too. Cooper must have been so uncomfortable every time he went in there.

• Harris was questioned about Cooper's car seat. "Harris knew the specific make and model of the seat and what the weight limit was for the child to be seated in it. When the seat was inspected, the straps for the seat were set on the lowest level for a small child."
http://www.kvue.com/story/news/2014/07/04/new-warrants-ross-harris/12213701/

After you guys saying your kids can get out of car seats, I am wondering if Cooper was even in his seat when RH dropped off the light bulbs.

After you guys saying your kids can get out of car seats, I am wondering if Cooper was even in his seat when RH dropped off the light bulbs.

He was strapped in very tightly so obviously he was in a car seat.

"In addition to the charges he faces in connection with his son’s death, Harris may be charged with felony sexual exploitation of a minor and misdemeanor illegal contact with a minor, Stoddard said."
http://pix11.com/2014/07/03/georgia...s-to-face-grand-jury-in-hot-car-death-of-son/

I can hear LH now: (at the trial)

I'm doing this for you (meaning her husband)

from your link:

"A prosecutor insisted that the testimony helped portray the defendant’s state of mind and spoke to the negligence angle and helped establish motive, as his wife told police she and Harris were having “intimacy problems,” according to the detective.

According to the information at the hearing, the 6 minute call was made to the daycare... toddler room 5 (they did originally say HD, but clarified that it was the daycare)
Why on Earth would he call the daycare? Did he encourage the workers in Toddler Room 5 to lie about something when LE would eventually question them?
Did he tell them to lie to his wife when she arrived to pick up Cooper? Was one of the workers a "girlfriend"?

What is the name of the daycare center again? TIA

Why on Earth would he call the daycare? Did he encourage the workers in Toddler Room 5 to lie about something when LE would eventually question them?
Did he tell them to lie to his wife when she arrived to pick up Cooper? Was one of the workers a "girlfriend"?

I'm kind of wonder if he was having an affair with a daycare worker. Purely my own speculation

Did he tell them to lie to his wife when she arrived to pick up Cooper?

I think that is the burning question for all of us... THAT phone call and the timing of it is going to reveal a lot I do believe. My suspicion is RH was very close to one of the daycare workers in TR5 ;)

la_cavalière;10703504 said:
Hmmm... that's a tough one for me. If it was truly an accident, I would say no. I don't think prosecuting parents for tragic accidents is effective, and besides, their grief is enough of a punishment. Instead, we need to come up with solutions to prevent hot car deaths.
I understand your viewpoint and, not long ago, I probably would have agreed. This case has really caused me to reevaluate my position on this.

Everyone knows that you shouldn't leave your child in a hot car. When we hear about another case in the news, we feel sad. Then it's on to the next bit of news.

Until Cooper's death, I never really thought about how painful and agonizing a death this is. I don't think that most of those parents who tragically forgot their children in the car had ever been told what physically happens to a child who dies due to heatstroke.

I think there needs to be greater public awareness of the agony that these helpless babies endure when left in a hot car. There need to be countless PSAs on our TV and radio stations, especially in the summer. Pediatricians need to educate parents and should be required to discuss it with parents and hand out informative and graphic pamphlets. It should be burned into your brain that leaving your child in a hot car equals slow, painful, agonizing torture that ends in death.

And, finally, there need to be consequences. Sometimes an attentive, loving parent gets distracted and their child dies. Sometimes wonderful people drink too much just once and commit vehicular homicide. Both are tragic accidents, but someone's dead and there should be consequences.

I'm not saying lock them up and throw away the key in every instance. I'm just saying that more public awareness along the lines of what has been accomplished via MADD and aggressive prosecution of DUIs, could greatly reduce fatalities. As a society, we are more aware and vigilant concerning the risks involved with drinking and driving. I believe we owe it to our children to be no less vigilant every time we strap a child into a car seat.

I think that is the burning question for all of us... THAT phone call and the timing of it is going to reveal a lot I do believe. My suspicion is RH was very close to one of the daycare workers in TR5 ;)

I truly wonder if LE has not obtained a search warrant for that person's electronic devices as well

LH certainly made some odd comments, and I cannot imagine a mother NOT insisting on going to her child as soon as she was told about his death, but I sort of understand her immediate response to being told by the daycare worker that Cooper had never been dropped off. RH messaged her "when are you picking up my boy" at 4pm, when she arrived at daycare at 4:51 and was told he wasn't dropped off, where else could he be?

And during the hearing, that great detective said LH had called her mother to tell her Cooper was dead, and det. could hear LH's mother screaming in the phone, and she asked LH "why no tears?" Leanna said "I must be in shock." I think she's been abused by this narcissist for 8 years, and probably can't express any normal emotions. Probably been (mentally) beaten down for years when she interacted with Ross. A narcissist makes his victim feel responsible for everything that is wrong in a relationship. I want Ross to fry, but I'm not ready to convict Leanna just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member