GA - Theresa Parker, 41, Lafayette, 21 March 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chico, here is the Chattanooga Free Press article. Same info but said it could take several days to drain the pond. Also, Parker was known to fish in that pond.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/templates/breaking.aspx?articleid=13240&zoneid=41

TY! You're a peach! So they are looking for Theresa, her purse, an overnight bag, cell phone and possibly her keys. I recall early on her keys were mentioned as missing too which makes sense if you are setting the scene to look like someone has taken off on their own.

An official at the scene of the current search property said the pond is very deep and wide, and it will take days to drain he pond and complete the search.

Authorities will use a vaccuum-like device to pull water from the man-made pond and spill it over a small dam and into a stream bed.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/templates/breaking.aspx?articleid=13240&zoneid=41

if she is in the pond, maybe the process of draining it will stir things up enough to allow something float to the top without having to drain the whole thing.

If Sam has any vices such as drinking or drugs don't you know he's gotta be doing some heavy self medicating to be able to sit by and watch the noose slowly tightening! I hope he is tormented by horrible nightmares until he gives it up and tells all!

Susan

NewChannel 9 in Chattanooga reported at 5 pm that apparently he is currently hospitalized, most likely at a psychiatric facility. They are pumping the pond, which has been searched but is very deep and filled with brush. Also, some fellow Walker County officers have been questioned.

I think you are hitting all the local news-the Times Free Press, NewsChannel9, The Chattanoogan...I will update you if I hear anything more.

I wish I could have participated in the ground search this weekend-my heart is breaking for her family and friends. Walker County is notorious for small town corruption-anyone remember the Marsh Crematory fiasco a few years ago?

Shannon

if she is in the pond, maybe the process of draining it will stir things up enough to allow something float to the top without having to drain the whole thing.

If Sam has any vices such as drinking or drugs don't you know he's gotta be doing some heavy self medicating to be able to sit by and watch the noose slowly tightening! I hope he is tormented by horrible nightmares until he gives it up and tells all!

Susan

Wonder where he is??

NewChannel 9 in Chattanooga reported at 5 pm that apparently he is currently hospitalized, most likely at a psychiatric facility. They are pumping the pond, which has been searched but is very deep and filled with brush. Also, some fellow Walker County officers have been questioned.

I think you are hitting all the local news-the Times Free Press, NewsChannel9, The Chattanoogan...I will update you if I hear anything more.

I wish I could have participated in the ground search this weekend-my heart is breaking for her family and friends. Walker County is notorious for small town corruption-anyone remember the Marsh Crematory fiasco a few years ago?

Shannon

Ohhhh I remember that! Sheesh. Well at least we know he's off the streets.

Darn! he probably has a nice clean bed and plenty of psych meds to keep him stable. Is it wrong to want him to be suffering just enought to get the truth out of him?
There should be some legal culpability on the part of anyone who chose to allow Sam to continue with a LE career when he was so obviously a ticking time-bomb! And whomever helped him hide Theresa or helped create an atmosphere in that department which led someone to believe they could get away with covering this up should have to answer for their actions!

Susan

Darn! he probably has a nice clean bed and plenty of psych meds to keep him stable. Is it wrong to want him to be suffering just enought to get the truth out of him?
There should be some legal culpability on the part of anyone who chose to allow Sam to continue with a LE career when he was so obviously a ticking time-bomb! And whomever helped him hide Theresa or helped create an atmosphere in that department which led someone to believe they could get away with covering this up should have to answer for their actions!

Susan

If he has caused this I do hope he suffers. There'll be a psych defense for sure. Not saying it will work though. Whoever helped him in any way should be held on similar charges when they come down. There is just no excuse for any aid in this crime. Even after the fact. Soon someone will answer to why this man wore a badge.

Channel Three Eyewitness News has learned Parker was in a hospital. possibly a psychiatric or rehabilitation facility late last week. We do not know if he's still there. Officially his director says he knows where Parker is, but he will not share that with us.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/news/index.cfm?sid=7321

Every time I read about one of these type of cases, I have to ask myself - what happened to just getting a divorce? What is up with these men?

Every time I read about one of these type of cases, I have to ask myself - what happened to just getting a divorce? What is up with these men?

Control! Control! Control! - just my humble opinion.

They are defective. I think we got a whole rash of people not just men that think "anything they want at any cost cause they deserve it". No regret, no remorse because they want it cause they're so special the rules don't apply to them. I guess you could call it the Golden People effect or something.

I wonder where SHE is? :confused:
Yes, more importantly where is she. That's what this is all about. I hope he is in a facility somewhere. He's dangerous as exhibited by previous behavior liquored up and shooting and now this. And who knows what he's done behind closed doors the .

I hope it isn't just a regular drug/alcohol rehab. I wouldn't want to be a fellow patient trying to get sober next to a cold-blooded murderer. He needs to be somewhere he can't hurt anybody or escape from!

As a recovered alcoholic, I am disappointed when I hear of someone using rehab as an excuse to hide out from the law. It makes it harder for those of us who truly went to rehab to get well to be taken seriously!

Besides, If there is any justice Sam will be spending the rest of his life behind bars where he can apparently get all the drugs he wants. He'll have worse problems to worry about than trying not to poison his liver!

Susan

Having endured abuse during my past marriage we tend to know when it's time to leave. Evidently Theresa knew in her gut things were escalating - probably nothing she could put her finger on but yet the vibes and hints were there. Too bad she couldn't have been constantly in someone else's company while packing, etc. but then he would have waited for an opportunity.
To be the calming voice on the end of a 911 phone call yet she had no chance to call for help herself. I think there needs to be a lot of questions answered in that police department as to why he was still on the force. :twocents:

Freeman is LaFayette Director of Public Safety Tommy Freeman

~snip~

Mr. Freeman said he has not spoken directly with Mr. Parker. He has communicated with Mr. Parker’s sister, he said.

Authorities searched Mr. Parker’s home for the third time over the weekend, but did not reveal the results of the search. Divers also searched a pond near Mr. Parker’s home but no new evidence was found, Sheriff Wilson said.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/absolutenm/templates/breaking.aspx?articleid=13230&zoneid=1

Sure sounds like they have some evidence if no new evidence was found.

Wilson said the Georgia Bureau of Investigation — which is heading up the investigation into Theresa's disappearance — took a DNA sample from Theresa's mother, Claire, who lives in LaFayette. Wilson said the sample was taken shortly after the Friday prayer vigil for Theresa, held downtown on the Walker County courthouse steps.

Wilson believes the sample may be needed to help rule out DNA samples from evidence investigators have collected. So far, Wilson said, he doesn't know of any other DNA taken in the case.

Wilson said now that the GBI has named Sam a "person of interest," the family has the"green light" to go ahead and voice their concern about him.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,263367,00.html

It sounds as if they found something of interest in the home that contains dna and they are going to either rule it in or out as belonging to Theresa. The house was described as "immaculate" last week in a few of the reports. Wonder if they used an alternate light source in the home?

This is the burning question. What DNA have they collected? Has to be blood found on his clothes or shoes or a weapon. The tune changed a lot and the family has the green light to speak now.If I were them I would be careful in light of the fact that he is "hospitilized". Could be a defense attorney is sniffing as we speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauraj333