GA - Theresa Parker, 41, Lafayette, 21 March 2007 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Family: 'Big' Development in Case of Missing 911 Operator in Georgia To Be Announced

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,263642,00.html

That is confusing, isn't it? It isn't what they hoped but they are pleased, and it is a 'side issue'. How does one interpret that? lol

They must have hoped for her to come home alive.
They have been told where she was placed.
The side issue is they know where she is but have not found her body yet.

Could that be it? Just an odd way of saying something, don't you think?

Now I'm totally confused. Could someone else have been involved. What did he mean a 'side' issue or something regarding the investigation? (tapping my nails on my desk). Have to do something to keep busy and pass the time. Work? :D

I think they know she is dead. But at least they will be able to recover her Body for Burial. At least they will have closeure not like so many others that the bodies are never found.

Now I'm totally confused. Could someone else have been involved. What did he mean a 'side' issue or something regarding the investigation? (tapping my nails on my desk). Have to do something to keep busy and pass the time. Work? :D

Wicket: I think it has to do with what nrthgamom posted last night.

Hi Richandfamous, Great to see you ;}

I just heard on FOX that the presser will not be until 2pm EDT. Darn!
Great to see you too! :D

I don't think I can wait that long. Whatever will I do, oh yeah, laundry. :bang:
Wouldn't it be nice if she is alive...probably not though.

Could someone tell me which site will be the best on-line for the press conference? Would it be Fox?

Could someone tell me which site will be the best on-line for the press conference? Would it be Fox?

That's what I'm watching. They have some breaking news but I think they'll go to the presser when its ready.

I don't know about online though. I'm watching the tube.

I don't have access to a tv so I'm relying on the web as well, so if someone comes up with a web address please share and I'll do the same. Off to see if I can find something.

Here we go, about to get under way:

Thanks to the media for responding to the Sheriff's plea to the public for help.

Have not located her as of today.

9pm last night new developments: Arrested Ben Chafin last night for giving a false statement to a LE officer. It involves Teresa's case.

ETA:

Ben is a police officer. Investigation continuing, hope to have resolution soon. Ongoing investigation, making progress, have to protect integrity of the investigation. The officer has been placed on suspension and there will be an internal investigation. The officer has been employed for 10 years, and he is a corporal with the dept. Sam has taken sick leave or vacation, will not say if he is involved. No info as to where he is now. Sam is a sargent, corporal was his next in line supervisor on the same shift. They were friends. Polygraphs have been given in the case, no comment on that. It is a very high priority investigation for this area.This is significant progress in the case. Still pumping the pond, and doing many things behind the scenes

Sheriff thanking the media for getting the news out both locally and nationally. They have not located her as of today. Developements in the case that happened about 9pm last evening. Many things they won't be able to talk about so they can protect the integrity of the case. Asking for patience with that.

Last night around 9 the GBI arrestd a city police officer Ben Chaffin has been charged with giving a false statement in a police investigation. He's being held elsewhere for his safety.

GBI talking now. This arrest is related to this case and the investigation is continuing. Hoping for a resolution in this investigation. This is an ongoing investigation and won't be able to answer a lot of the questions.

The officer arrested is on suspension and will face charges. An employee for 10 years or so. He is a corporal with the police dept. No comment on Sam Parker, he has taken vacation or sick leave time. Chaffin works the same shift as Sam. One of them is the supervisor of the other.

GBI: Polygraphs, they don't comment on that or comment on any statements. This is significant part of the investigation.

Where do we go from here? We keep going, keep looking. They are pumping water out of the pond now. Doing many things behind the scenes.

Well the commentator of FNC started talking over the speakers. Now Jonathon Serries speaking about what was said.

Coming in late on this case but have been trying to get up to date.

Just a quick question: is Ben the one that helped SP with the body or is that someone else?

This is huge....I hope they find her soon!!!

I know if SP did this it was probably a control issue but also in the back of my pea brain is also that his father just passed away, somewhere I read that SP doesn't have to work any longer due to the inheritance. I guess what I am wondering is could this also be a money issue. If Theresa was divorcing him wouldn't she stand to receive 50% of the inheritance?
Tammie63,
Good questions Tammie. If Theresa and Steve live in a community property state, then Theresa would be entitled to half of the inheritance. At least that's how it is in my state.

Thanks to everyone for the updates! They are much appreciated.

I suspect so texas - don't forget we have "inside" information that the general public does not have. He was sergeant and this guy was a corporal...and now he's being hidden for his own safety. I don't suppose his fellow officers will look kindly on him speaking up.

I think this is the officer who was not involved in her death but in the disposal of her body. He must have failed a lie detector test badly, right, for them to know with certainty enough to arrest him on this felony.

They probably want to use him to narc on the killer, and he doesn't want to tell them his friend Sam or someone else killed her. LE officers don't like to rat on their own, I don't think.

I bet it is a tricky situation now with two of the departments men somehow involved in her disappearance. Imagine the horror in the minds of those residents, knowing what kind of people were protecting them. I think they should give this Ben the same punishment as they will give to the killer. The nerve to help someone dispose of a body and then not wanting to incriminate himself or his friend will not tell the truth about it.

What I can't understand is why the killer couldn't dispose of the body himself? Why did he need to involve someone else in equal jeopardy? And why would this Ben go out on a limb like this to protect what he must have known was a killer? Amazing. Sam or the killer must have been desperate to ask for help.

Tammie63,
Good questions Tammie. If Theresa and Steve live in a community property state, then Theresa would be entitled to half of the inheritance. At least that's how it is in my state.

I don't know about these things personally but others have posted that inheritance monies cannot be part of a divorce settlement.

Utopia,
You are correct. In the state of VA, divorcing couoples do not share inheritance. In my above post I should have stated that if the Parker's were still married, they would share the monies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member