GA - Theresa Parker, 41, Lafayette, 21 March 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the burning question. What DNA have they collected? Has to be blood found on his clothes or shoes or a weapon. The tune changed a lot and the family has the green light to speak now.If I were them I would be careful in light of the fact that he is "hospitilized". Could be a defense attorney is sniffing as we speak.

Christina Hall was on Greta and I didn't hear anything new as far as SP goes and I have a feeling they will keep it that way. There focus remains on Theresa and bringing her home.

Whatever this evidence is it seemed to turn the tide and give him the honor of POI. I wonder if they found the things missing to not be missing after all?

I just found out from a very credible source that yes, an officer has confessed to helping Sam Parker dispose of Theresa's body. Apparently when the officer who helped him got the call (4:00a.m.), she was already dead. The officer, was a friend of Mr. Parker's, who was not on duty, at the time he helped him dispose of the body. According to my source, they wrapped her body in sheets and tied her down with cement blocks and put her in the pond they are in the process of draining now. The Sheriff was not the officer who helped him. My source says cause of death was strangulation and Mr. Parker had defensive wounds on his arms. They do not think the attorney is involved he went fishing with on Thursday. Mr. Parker simply used him for an alibi. There is supposed to be a press conference tomorrow morning before noon. Today they have been getting statements and still trying to retrieve her body. I do not know for sure what mental facility Mr. Parker is at. He is a sick, sick individual who needs to be locked away forever in prison. I can't imagine what Theresa's family is going through. I pray that her family will find strength from all of those who loved Theresa. The ones here at ws who have been patiently waiting...thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

I just found out from a very credible source that yes, an officer has confessed to helping Sam Parker dispose of Theresa's body. Apparently when the officer who helped him got the call (4:00a.m.), she was already dead. The officer, was a friend of Mr. Parker's, who was not on duty, at the time he helped him dispose of the body. According to my source, they wrapped her body in sheets and tied her down with cement blocks and put her in the pond they are in the process of draining now. The Sheriff was not the officer who helped him. My source says cause of death was strangulation and Mr. Parker had defensive wounds on his arms. They do not think the attorney is involved he went fishing with on Thursday. Mr. Parker simply used him for an alibi. There is supposed to be a press conference tomorrow morning before noon. Today they have been getting statements and still trying to retrieve her body. I do not know for sure what mental facility Mr. Parker is at. He is a sick, sick individual who needs to be locked away forever in prison. I can't imagine what Theresa's family is going through. I pray that her family will find strength from all of those who loved Theresa. The ones here at ws who have been patiently waiting...thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
:( OMG! nrthgamom,
This is just terrible. :(
(Thanks for sharing your information here.)
I am deeply saddened by this news although I'm really not surprised. I've wondered from the beginning if Parker had anything to do with his wife's disappearance. Thanks also for telling us that the attny he went fishing with wasn't involved. I hate to hear that an off duty officer helped hide the body though.

I know if SP did this it was probably a control issue but also in the back of my pea brain is also that his father just passed away, somewhere I read that SP doesn't have to work any longer due to the inheritance. I guess what I am wondering is could this also be a money issue. If Theresa was divorcing him wouldn't she stand to receive 50% of the inheritance?

Does anyone know how close to their house the pond is? When they started the search in the area of the home the husband then told LE that Teresa had gone to stay a night or two at a motel with a friend....like he would have forgotten that important info. I thought at the time that it was to get LE away from where her body actually was. I hope this cop isn't going to try using the "insanity" defense. Wasn't he in an place like that before a long time ago? If he was he may just get away with that kind of a defense.

Thank you so much for the update. This is so sad. Glad to hear he got some wounds I hope she scratched and dug the hell out of him.

Im in Chattanooga and I was wondering who is giving the best news on Teresa Parkers disappearance? I don't want to miss the news conference.

I'm at the office but hoping to locate a press conference on the Web. Any ideas? I really think there were signs in the last few years that would have been picked up by the Sheriff and other officers. They probably didn't want to touch that topic with a 10-foot pole. Well, if all of this is true, which I don't doubt, it has all ended disastrously and left Theresa's family heartbroken.:confused:

Thank you, nrthgamom, for the latest update. My thoughts are with Theresa and her family. So very very sad.

I have been following this and it's just awful. Just seeing the initials "SP" on here gives me chills for obvious reasons, and it sounds like with good reason.
Prayers for Theresa and her family, and all who loved her. :(

Still no word of a press conference....watching Fox now. Just had a phone interview w/ Hilda but nothing more was added than we already know.

Sheriff Steve Wilson called for a news conference for Tuesday, April 3 at 2 p.m. along with LaFayette Chief of Police Tommy Freeman and G.B.I. Agent Daniel Sims.

Can you imagine how this poor woman must have felt even before this happened. Her husband an officer on the force that would have responded to any 911 calls she might have made. And apparently, he was such good friends with fellow officers, that one of them even willingly helped him cover up a murder!

I wonder how many times she might have wished for help but did not call because she knew her complaints would not get the scrutiny they deserved. And then she would face the consequences of embarassing her husband in front of his coworkers.

Then finally, it seems it is all over. They are getting a divorce, she is moving away, things are going to be okay..............

This just breaks my heart. While I believe this happens rarely, I also believe that there should be stricter legislation for how domestic abuse complaints against officers of the law are handled. It is very difficult to get the help you need when the folks that could/should help you are also friends/supporters of the perpetrator.

Salem

We wonder why, in light of some quite severe (and apparently documented) episodes, he was not given/required to continue/start counseling for his issues. We all need mental adjustments from time to time, but most of us are not armed "all the time". We understand that peace officers are underpaid and under alot of stress and scrutiny...but you know WE (the general public) need to feel like they are relatively stable (whatever that is) so they protect "us" from the bad guys and we need not worry about needing protection from THEM!

We do not mean to imply, at least as of this moment, that Sgt. Parker is guilty of ANYTHING, just we hear about this type of thing much too often. But some of the stuff he DID do (firing weapon in FLA in parking lot...) would certainly sound some degree of concern..........

On FOX about 10 mn ago they came on and said within the hour there will be a presser.

They also said her brother-in-law has stated there will be 'big' news, not really what they had hoped for, but nonetheless it will be big news.

So I rushed to my 'puter to see if anyone has heard anything more.

Scandi

I know if SP did this it was probably a control issue but also in the back of my pea brain is also that his father just passed away, somewhere I read that SP doesn't have to work any longer due to the inheritance. I guess what I am wondering is could this also be a money issue. If Theresa was divorcing him wouldn't she stand to receive 50% of the inheritance?

This was my first thought but some one I know is local and this is gossip so take it for what it is worth. Gossip is that she is the one with money and he wasn’t getting any of hers and he is hot tempered and probably didn’t mean to do it but lost his temper and where they lived was on her Mama’s land.

Has it been mentioned that he fired a gun in a fit of anger in a restaurant parking lot in Florida and had a stay in a mental health facility?

It was posted that this was his third marriage. He is/was apparently good looking and charming so he got away with a lot.

SP was scheduled back to work tomorrow but has asked for and was given more leave time.

The Officer who helped might have been in fear of his life. Someone is talking now and if it is that officer at least his involvement will lead to her family being able to give her a burial.

Can you imagine how this poor woman must have felt even before this happened. Her husband an officer on the force that would have responded to any 911 calls she might have made. And apparently, he was such good friends with fellow officers, that one of them even willingly helped him cover up a murder!

I wonder how many times she might have wished for help but did not call because she knew her complaints would not get the scrutiny they deserved. And then she would face the consequences of embarassing her husband in front of his coworkers.

Then finally, it seems it is all over. They are getting a divorce, she is moving away, things are going to be okay..............

This just breaks my heart. While I believe this happens rarely, I also believe that there should be stricter legislation for how domestic abuse complaints against officers of the law are handled. It is very difficult to get the help you need when the folks that could/should help you are also friends/supporters of the perpetrator.

Salem

Salem,
I agree with your concerns. The unfortunate truth is that while most cops don't go to the extreme of getting rid of their buddy's wife's body, covering up or glossing over a fellow cop's wrongdoing is really common in my opinion.
I've been able to spend the last 10+ years observing the way cops relate to each other and to their spouse/girlfriend, and the way internal investigations are counducted. Cops know exactly what they can threaten you with and still come out looking as if they did nothing wrong.
A cop's hands are deadly weapons, they know how to street-fight. A cop's angry words must be taken seriously because they live with a gun strapped to their side and close by even when they sleep. They have automatic credibility with judges and juries because they are professional at testifying in court. Judges, attorneys, and other LE always "have each other's back".
It is like a family that is so sick that even victims of abuse cover for the abuser.
Cops can do a lot of good, but when they use their authority to do evil, much harm is done. Not all cops are bad, but many, many of them look the other way rather than rat out a buddy.
It's a shame.
Just my opinion.
Susan

On FOX about 10 mn ago they came on and said within the hour there will be a presser.

They also said her brother-in-law has stated there will be 'big' news, not really what they had hoped for, but nonetheless it will be big news.

So I rushed to my 'puter to see if anyone has heard anything more.

Scandi
Yes, scandi, I heard that report too! The brother-in-law did a great job of being confusing. I don't know if that means she is alive or not. damn

Hi Richandfamous, Great to see you ;}

I just heard on FOX that the presser will not be until 2pm EDT. Darn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauraj333