GA - Theresa Parker, 41, Lafayette, 21 March 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sheriff Wilson just on Fox and said SP was a poi and no arrests will be made today or tomorrow as they have to proceed cautiously. It does seem imminent however.

Supposedly an officer has come forward saying he helped Parker dispose of the body. A employee from the walker county sheriff's department just informed me.

Oh thank goodness someone has a conscience! I'm pretty sure SP doesn't and isn't it strange about those initials??

Oh thank goodness someone has a conscience! I'm pretty sure SP doesn't and isn't it strange about those initials??

Yes it is Chico! Boy, does it take me back.

Doesn't it just gaul you though that if this sheriff assisted SP in disposing of the body he is allowing that search to go on when really there is no need for it. Are they searching today, or is it temporarily suspended? I bet the word is out about the accomplice and everyone there is just sick at the thought of what happened to her.

Yes it is Chico! Boy, does it take me back.

Doesn't it just gaul you though that if this sheriff assisted SP in disposing of the body he is allowing that search to go on when really there is no need for it. Are they searching today, or is it temporarily suspended? I bet the word is out about the accomplice and everyone there is just sick at the thought of what happened to her.

I haven't read anything about it being the sheriff that helped....I'm just trolling the news sites now though.

Walker County officials today will renew their efforts to find missing 911 operator Theresa Parker after taking some time to recoup their energies Sunday evening, Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson said.

Searchers finished their weekend attempt to locate Parker at about 5:30 a.m. Sunday, after divers searched a pond near the LaFayette house she shared with her estranged husband, Sam Parker. Nothing of interest was found during the dive, Wilson said.

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_...&pnpID=730&NewsID=795163&CategoryID=3511&on=1

Authorities are going back “behind the scenes” Monday in the search for missing 911 operator Theresa Parker,” Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson said.

“We’re following up on behind-the-scenes stuff again,” Wilson said. “Just general investigative leads, more interviews.” As of Monday morning no more field searches were planned for the day, he said. Morale in the department is still pretty good, but stressed.

~snip~

Sam’s patrol car has been turned back over to the LaFayette Police Department, but Theresa’s car is still at the sheriff’s department, Wilson said. “We do plan on just holding it for the time being,” he said.

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_...&pnpID=730&NewsID=795208&CategoryID=3511&on=1

phil,

Sam had recently moved into his father's home as his father passed away recently. He was apparently going back and forth between the two homes. This would be why LE was interested in searching both residences.

Thanks Chico for confirming the Wednesday/Thursday thing. If I had read the excerpt from NG more carefully I would have realized as well as the sheriff mentions SP returning to the house with the boat on Thursday:doh:

There sure is feeling of deja vu here huh? Right down to the initials of the husband.
Utopia,
Thanks hon for the information. That definitely clears things up for me.
Still no news today..hope Theresa is found soon.

You're welcome phil. You must not have read all of Chico's posts from today as there does seem to be disturbing news today. Go back for an update.:(

Utopia

Utopia,
Thanks hon for the information. That definitely clears things up for me.
Still no news today..hope Theresa is found soon.

FNC reporter just said that they are looking at that pond again today.

The GBI is the agency that has now deemed SP a POI.

GBI investigators are telling the family its ok for them to now give their views on SP to the public.

He also briefly mentioned that "some or a piece of forensic evidence" was taken from SP's home. I didn't hear him say which home and I'm not sure I got an exact wording on that.

Chico, It must be that our poster nrthgamom is local there and was told this info by an investigator in the case. Evidently they won't make this public until they know exactly where she was put or maybe even until they locate her body, I don't know.

When we consider the fact they are not doing a regular search right now, but working on other leads and 'behind-the-scene stuff', it could be there is no need to do a general search now.

Possibly the word is they put her in the pond, if that is where the interest is now. Tell you what, I hope they have that accomplice in the box and are grilling him hard, if this is true.

~snip~
Bankhead declined to say what officers found in Sam Parker's home. Harris said the pond search ended Sunday morning with no results.

Officers will continue interviewing family, friends, neighbors and co-workers this week to try to turn up any clues about Theresa Parker's whereabouts. In the last week, more than 100 people have been interviewed in the case, Harris said.

Authorities also will begin this week going over surveillance tapes from area businesses to see if they caught anything relevant to the case, he said.
http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=94762

Wilson said the Georgia Bureau of Investigation — which is heading up the investigation into Theresa's disappearance — took a DNA sample from Theresa's mother, Claire, who lives in LaFayette. Wilson said the sample was taken shortly after the Friday prayer vigil for Theresa, held downtown on the Walker County courthouse steps.

Wilson believes the sample may be needed to help rule out DNA samples from evidence investigators have collected. So far, Wilson said, he doesn't know of any other DNA taken in the case.

Wilson said now that the GBI has named Sam a "person of interest," the family has the"green light" to go ahead and voice their concern about him.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,263367,00.html

It sounds as if they found something of interest in the home that contains dna and they are going to either rule it in or out as belonging to Theresa. The house was described as "immaculate" last week in a few of the reports. Wonder if they used an alternate light source in the home?

the search for missing 911 operator Theresa Parker,” Walker County Sheriff Steve Wilson said.

Wilson said investigators are returning to a pond near the Parker’s residence on Cordell Road in LaFayette. Workers are going to pump some water out of the pond so searchers can get a better look.

http://news.mywebpal.com/news_tool_...&pnpID=730&NewsID=795208&CategoryID=3511&on=1

Looks like some new info was added to the article. They're gonna pump the pond!

I am local (just across the border in Chattanooga) and the local news here has suddenly jumped on this case, making it the top news story. I think it's just a matter of time before we get a confession.

I was relieved to see they are not allowing this kook to return to the police force-I found myself avoiding the Walker Co. area today for fear this guy would be on the loose in a partol car with a gun!

Shannon

You're welcome phil. You must not have read all of Chico's posts from today as there does seem to be disturbing news today. Go back for an update.:(

Utopia

Utopia,
Lausey mercy, I didn't refresh my page and missed Chico's updates. I think I need more caffeine. :crazy:

I am local (just across the border in Chattanooga) and the local news here has suddenly jumped on this case, making it the top news story. I think it's just a matter of time before we get a confession.

I was relieved to see they are not allowing this kook to return to the police force-I found myself avoiding the Walker Co. area today for fear this guy would be on the loose in a partol car with a gun!

Shannon

I'm glad to hear she's being given top news! The whole thing is just horrible. I can see why you'd avoid the county but......a nice little drive over there should be ok. J/K although I'm kinda serious too! I like to read observations of those in the area.

So far I think they are just wording things so carefully. I figure he was encouraged to take vacation time, but I doubt they actually took his weapon and heck he probably has others than his service weapon anyway. Ok, stay away on second thought!

The family needs to bring her home so whatever it takes to make that happen is just fine. Are there any news stations we're missing here that has good info online?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member