GA - Theresa Parker, 41, Lafayette, 21 March 2007 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, I'm really batting 100 here, first I risk insulting Nancy Grace and all her loyal viewers (admitting that I do sometimes watch myself), and now I have probably offended everyone in Tennessee and Georgia by doubting what seems to be a valued news source - YIKES! Once again, I apologize. You must think me a terrible snob, I'm not, honest, just wary of sources.

No offense taken here, either. I know the man who runs Nooga.com personally and he does try hard to report news stories before anyone else has them-unfortunately that means sometimes not everything is verified before he puts it up. And I agree with you about the "fart button", as well as the Nooga babes and some of the jokes-but Rick tries hard to get the news out there.

Well, what a letdown! I swear, reporters and news sources will say anything to get you to watch.

I really didn't "hear" a new lead but here's the recap of what was said.

Cadaver Dogs "hit strongly" on the pond but all water is drained except for a few spots with about 18 inches of water in it and no sign at all of Theresa Parker.

Steve Wilson said that he last talked with Sam Parker last Thursday but it is highly likely that he will request to talk with him again in the next couple of days.

The Neighbor offered nothing relevent or of any interest. Just something about the fact that "something" was going on since the other officer (Ben) had been arrested and he and Sam worked together. (Made no sense to me).

Hopefully the write-up will be up soon.

Sorry to scream like something might be happening......Alas, that doesn't appear to be the case!

No offense taken here, either. I know the man who runs Nooga.com personally and he does try hard to report news stories before anyone else has them-unfortunately that means sometimes not everything is verified before he puts it up. And I agree with you about the "fart button", as well as the Nooga babes and some of the jokes-but Rick tries hard to get the news out there.

Oh no! This is getting worse...sorry Rick:blushing:

CNN Headline News...Nancy Grace will discuss the Teresa Parker case tonight at 8:00 PM eastern. This is what the commercial said so I hope its true.

If SP is in fact in a hospital (do we know for sure?), would he know that his friend Ben is in jail? I can't help but wonder if he is aware of Ben being held, wouldn't he want to clear up anything or everything? Why let his friend, co-worker and subordinate take so much heat?

If SP is in fact in a hospital (do we know for sure?), would he know that his friend Ben is in jail? I can't help but wonder if he is aware of Ben being held, wouldn't he want to clear up anything or everything? Why let his friend, co-worker and subordinate take so much heat?

Good point. They may, in fact, be keeping a lot of this from him.

I hope they aren't giving up on that pond yet. I was laying down and trying to estimate how much water it would take to cover a body (yes, way too much free time:blushing: ). If she really is weighted and has sunk into the muck, or if some places are deeper than others (which, as my DH pointed out, he might know from fishing there) she still might be there and not yet visible. The dogs alerting makes me think they should be very, very sure before moving on.

Apparently the arrest warrant (for Chaffin) has been released but the supplemental pages have not...the supplemental pages would go into depth of what the statement was that was false. Per the sheriff on NG.

Earlier I posted a snippet that Chaffin is due for arraignment in Walker Co. on Thursday. I don't suppose we'd learn then what the statement was??

Before I head to bed, I just had to throw this out there. They mentioned that SP had been doing some yard work at the marital home and burning stuff. If he is somehow responsible, and I say if, could he have been burning an overnight bag, cell phone, purse, etc. among branches, leaves? No one would have thought anything since everyone burns in the spring. :twocents:

"If SP is in fact in a hospital (do we know for sure?)"

I don't think we DO know for sure at all. It's been reported that SP hasn't been seen since last Thursday. Since Steve Wilson wants to talk to him in the next few days, maybe more will come out on that.

"Why let his friend, co-worker and subordinate take so much heat?"

Because I think SP is deeply disturbed and doesn't care about anyone or anything but himself. IMO only, these actions are NOT those of an innocent man (although someone familiar with criminal behavior might say they are), to the average citizen, it seems strange.

"I hope they aren't giving up on that pond yet. I was laying down and trying to estimate how much water it would take to cover a body (yes, way too much free time:blushing: ). If she really is weighted and has sunk into the muck, or if some places are deeper than others (which, as my DH pointed out, he might know from fishing there) she still might be there and not yet visible. The dogs alerting makes me think they should be very, very sure before moving on."

Truthfully, I don't think she was or is in the pond. The reporter with WTVC went to the pond today and his report came from there. He was standing inside the pond. There wasn't enough water still standing to conceal a body, even if it was in the muck. Plus, the fact that he was standing in it and not marred up shows that it wasn't that muddy. I don't know why the dogs hit on it.
Today 08:52 PM

SP had been doing some yard work at the marital home and burning stuff. If he is somehow responsible, and I say if, could he have been burning an overnight bag, cell phone, purse, etc. among branches, leaves? No one would have thought anything since everyone burns in the spring. :twocents:

You know, I hadn't thought about that. It's entirely possible. This area is so rural, your neighbors aren't close at all. When I heard that on NG, my thoughts went to him trying to dispose of a body, which my husband said wouldn't be possible, but it would have been the perfect opportunity to dispose of evidence! And it does strike me as odd that he was burning at all. He wasn't even living at the house!

Maybe something more will come out about this!

"If SP is in fact in a hospital (do we know for sure?)"

I don't think we DO know for sure at all. It's been reported that SP hasn't been seen since last Thursday. Since Steve Wilson wants to talk to him in the next few days, maybe more will come out on that.

Thinking about IF he's in a hospital, regular or mental health...

JMHO, but what a great way to be off-limits to interrogations. Medical restrictions, under the influence of a variety of medications...which can then be used as a defense later when questions come up regarding his answers. And, it buys him time to get thoughts and stories straight. He's basically inaccessible to LE while in the hospital and under the influence of meds, unless he waives all the legal warnings, etc. and states he's in control of his mental faculties.

Of course, he could be hospitalized for legitimate stress or other reasons that are not alterior motives.

Just thinking aloud about a way to delay further interviews, etc.

JMO

DD - What's your take on Wicket's theory of burning evidence amongst the leaves? If the residue was collected, they would be able to figure this out with analysis right? TIA

See, I would never have thought about that! Guess I just assumed LE could go into a hospital room and question a suspect at any time as long as the attending physician allowed it........(I watch too much TV).

And it is entirely possible that LE knows exactly where SP is. Steve said he had not seen Sam since Thursday of last week but he did not say we don't know where he is. You would think that if he bailed, LE would have made that fact known and launch a massive search for him to bring him in for questioning.

JMHO, but what a great way to be off-limits to interrogations. Medical restrictions, under the influence of a variety of medications...which can then be used as a defense later when questions come up regarding his answers. And, it buys him time to get thoughts and stories straight. He's basically inaccessible to LE while in the hospital and under the influence of meds, unless he waives all the legal warnings, etc. and states he's in control of his mental faculties.

Of course, he could be hospitalized for legitimate stress or other reasons that are not alterior motives.

JMO

Sounds familiar...Mark Hacking tactic.

The hospital report was originally posted on April 2nd by TaylorJ4 who is a local (message #204)...

"NewChannel 9 in Chattanooga reported at 5 pm that apparently he is currently hospitalized, most likely at a psychiatric facility."

Taylor - any more info on this? Hey, maybe you can ask Rick?! Tell him I say hi and he should get rid of the fart button while you're at it;)

This was posted on that other forum. Someone asked me when I joined about SP's ex-wives and if their had been domestic violence. I don't have knowledge but this person speaks to what she knows...

http://www1.romenews-tribune.com/soundoff/blog/649

SunnyGranny, I wish you'd leave his ex's out of this!! They are really none of your business. I believe they've been through enough just living with him! You say you know him, well have you ever had to live with him?? I've seen the damage. So until you know first hand about what this Psyco is capable of, you need to shut up!! I'm sure some of the things his ex's could tell you would change your mind! Trust me, I know! Plus, we don't really need there account of his temper, domestic abuse, etc. do we? Let see, would your husband handcuff you to him & want to kill himself? My husband wouldn't, nor would he even shoot a gun up in the air in a parking lot. I think we know enough from Theresa's accounts of Sam that we don't really need to worry about his ex's. And besides the media is making his past "domestic violence" issues sound pretty good compared to actual events. If only you knew quite as much as you though you did!!

Posted in the Nooga.Com Forum

Someone named GaGeezer posted this today:

"Thru a source I can't reveal, I can state that yes, he is in a mental hospital. In Georgia."

This would probably be Rome Regional in Rome Georgia. IF I'm not mistaken this is the closest Mental Health Facility in Georgia. And sounds like he knows somebody who works there.

JMO

Seems to me all they would need is a warrant. After all, look at the case of Wynonna's soon to be ex. They yanked D.R.Roach right out of Shades of Hope here in Abilene, Texas with a Tenessee warrant for sexual abuse of a child under age 13. Seems to me GBI could find a way to get to him if they really want to. At this point, they know he won't be telling them the truth no matter what they ask him, so I'm betting they would rather have a body before they drag him outta there. Hope security is good wherever he is. If GBI wants to be sure no one helps Sam "slip away" I hope they have a real LEO on that hospital 24/7 instead of leaving it up to hospital security!

Susan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member